2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ba061b02c6a0fa4e524f7162211782c0&plckUserId=ba061b02c6a0fa4e524f7162211782c0" target="_parent">rameakap,

Kiper gets all his info from reading this thread.  Perhaps that's why he now has Watt at 15.  Actually, he left Wisniewski off his list but has Pouncey on it, so I guess he isn't reading everything.  Wisniewski is the better player and I'd say by at least 15 spots. 

If there was any way to get Watt, Wisniewski and Jones, I'd pretty much call that a full draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

"We aren't drafting for need, we're drafting for depth"

Who is our starting right OLB ?

Who is our Starting DL besides Vince W ?

How many of our RB will be back next year ?

How many OL will be back next year ?

If the answers of those questions does not make you feel THE URGENT NEED TO IMPROVE THIS TEAM AT SOME KEY POSITIONS... i don´t know what will.

Yes, the pats won 14 games in the regular season, and maybe they will win it all this year... but that does not hide the reality at some positions... We still haven´t found nobody that can generate some decent Pass Rush... BJGE & WOODY are great, but are they the 1-2 punch to build around ? The Dline lacks of playmakers (besides VW)

In my opinion WE NEED to get this:

#1.- DL (Draft pick)

#2.- LB (FA or trade)

#3.- RB (Draft pick & FA or trade)

#4.- OL (Draft pick & FA or Trade)

#5.- CB  (FA or trade)

#6.- WR (FA or trade)

I love all the great info you guys give us... thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Kentucky's dynamic all-purpose threat Randall Cobb has declared and will be appearing in my upcoming mock. 

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/13/kentuckys-cobb-declares-for-draft

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Watt, Carimi, Wiesnewski, Herzlich, Tyler Sash and Powell.
    those six fall to Pats slots and it will be Xmas morning for me.
    Plus sign FA Wr and Rb. Malcolm Floyd and Ronnie Brown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]Kentucky's dynamic all-purpose threat Randall Cobb has declared and will be appearing in my upcoming mock.  http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/13/kentuckys-cobb-declares-for-draft
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]Randall Cobb is a stud. the guy can play anywheres on the field outside of the interior line and maybe TE. I'm pretty sure he could move across the line of scrimmage and handle either CB or SS with ease.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Watt, Carimi, Wiesnewski, Herzlich, Tyler Sash and Powell. those six fall to Pats slots and it will be Xmas morning for me. Plus sign FA Wr and Rb. Malcolm Floyd and Ronnie Brown.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

We think alike when it comes to your mock.  I think it's Watt or Jordan at 17 and I've loved Herzlich, Sash and Powell as fits for this team for quite a while.  Carimi may be gone but looks like good value at 32 and Wisniewski is a tough, versatile and experienced kid with good bloodline's and the potential to start an all three interior line positions.  You're likely to see some of these names in my next mock.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : Randall Cobb is a stud. the guy can play anywheres on the field outside of the interior line and maybe TE. I'm pretty sure he could move across the line of scrimmage and handle either CB or SS with ease.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Agreed and as for defense, he did record two tackles on the season, so he could represent an emergency fill in there.  Versatility is one of BB's favorite traits in a player and combined with his production (144-1661-13 as a receiver, 228-1313-22 on running plays, 2 return TD's and 5 passing TD's in his career), I think he's a great fit for their roster, ultimately becoming Branch's understudy and replacing either Edelman or Slater on the roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I found this latest mock to be very interesting. Covers rounds 1-4. Can't say I agree with all the picks and where they are selected, but for those of you who have been high on Aldon Smith and JJ Watt, you'll be sad to know they go to Jacksonville and Dallas respectively at #8 and #9.... Too high you say?....maybe, but don't forget it only takes 1 teach to "reach" like the Jags did last year with that Cal DE they selected early round 1...forget name...

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

They have us taking the following;
    #17 - Jordan (DE) with the Raiders pick (which is something I've been yapping about for about 50 pages now. I like this kid in our scheme and his ability to play 3-4 DE or anywhere along the line in a 4-3. Much written about him on this board...many supporters as well including our draft guru MB.
    #32 - Ingram -(RB) Can't say I love this pick. I don't think Ingram making it to 32 is slipping..I have him mocked early/mid second round. I think there are too many other players who stock is rising, and this will continue to push Ingram down the list.
    #33 - Wisniewski (C/G)- Like this pick. Can't argue with it or where he is taken. Fills need especially with the life expectancy of our OL.
    #64 - Curtis Brown (CB) - Don't know much about him. Haven't see him much in this thread either...Anyone have any analysis on him? I like his size however, seems similar in stature to Bodden.
    #74 - Friday (LB) - Kind of like this pick...like the kid, but not the spot. I'd take him 15 spots lower. Nice size, somewhat ideal for our 3-4 OLB at 6'4", 250lbs.
    #96 - Pinkston (OT) - Where does this guy sit in the OT rankings? On this site they are talking about him being the replacement for Light. Personally, I don't want a late 3rd round pick protecting Brady's blind side. We need a blue chipper here if Light is not signed, or, Vollmer to LT and possibly this kid at RT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]I found this latest mock to be very interesting. Covers rounds 1-4. Can't say I agree with all the picks and where they are selected, but for those of you who have been high on Aldon Smith and JJ Watt, you'll be sad to know they go to Jacksonville and Dallas respectively at #8 and #9.... Too high you say?....maybe, but don't forget it only takes 1 teach to "reach" like the Jags did last year with that Cal DE they selected early round 1...forget name... http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php They have us taking the following; #17 - Jordan (DE) with the Raiders pick (which is something I've been yapping about for about 50 pages now. I like this kid in our scheme and his ability to play 3-4 DE or anywhere along the line in a 4-3. Much written about him on this board...many supporters as well including our draft guru MB. #32 - Ingram -(RB) Can't say I love this pick. I don't think Ingram making it to 32 is slipping..I have him mocked early/mid second round. I think there are too many other players who stock is rising, and this will continue to push Ingram down the list. #33 - Wisniewski (C/G)- Like this pick. Can't argue with it or where he is taken. Fills need especially with the life expectancy of our OL. #64 - Curtis Brown (CB) - Don't know much about him. Haven't see him much in this thread either...Anyone have any analysis on him? I like his size however, seems similar in stature to Bodden. #74 - Friday (LB) - Kind of like this pick...like the kid, but not the spot. I'd take him 15 spots lower. Nice size, somewhat ideal for our 3-4 OLB at 6'4", 250lbs. #96 - Pinkston (OT) - Where does this guy sit in the OT rankings? On this site they are talking about him being the replacement for Light. Personally, I don't want a late 3rd round pick protecting Brady's blind side. We need a blue chipper here if Light is not signed, or, Vollmer to LT and possibly this kid at RT.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]
    Everyone is talking about Jordan on here.  I hate to admit but I've never seen him play.  Anyone have some clips on him?  I'm going to stay on the Watt train until he's picked by someone else.  I know, I need to expand the possibilities.  I like Julio Jones if he somehow slips to 17.  I also like a bit of a trade down for Wisniewski.  Of all the players mocked for us, I like the Wisniewski pick the best.  I really focused on him during his bowl game with Florida.  Wisniewski is a beast.  He could end up being our answer if Mankins leaves.  I think he is that good.  If Mankins stays, Wisniewski could take over for Koppen eventually.

I've talked about Ingram at length, I just don't think we'd take any RB with our top 3 picks. 

Pinkston is an interesting pick but I don't think he fits BB size requirements for OTs.  I realize he is basically the same size as Light but Light was drafted in 2001.  Since then BB has been going after OTs in the 6-6 to 6-8 range.  As for where Pinkston is ranked, I have him 7th among tackles.  I believe the plan is for Vollmer to move over to LT when Light leaves, which could be next year.  So, we are really looking for a RT.  Kaczur should be back but he was never the answer.  I could see Love (64), Gilbert (96) or Hairston (4th) to fill that need. 

I still don't see the need at CB, so hate that pick.  We all agree McCourtyis a lock down corner and signed through 2014.  Last season we were all adamant that we can't afford to let Bodden get away.  We got our wish and he was signed to a lucrative deal through 2013.  Unless someone knows something about Bodden's injury being more severe and that he likely can't play next year, I don't see the need to spend yet another high pick on a CB.  Arrington did a solid job this year as a starter so as a back-up, he would be solid also.  Butler showed signs of life late in the season and was in there a lot in sub packages and Wilhite, when healthy is experienced enough fill out the 5th CB spot.

Where we really need to add some depth is at Safety.  Hardly anyone but me is talking about this.  Meriweather and Sanders will both be free agents after 2011.  Meriweather is going to want a huge pay day, I don't see it coming from us.  Page will be a free agent after this season.  That leaves Chung as the only safety signed past next season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

I'd like to see BB bundle the 2 first round picks or what ever is needed to move up and take the best DL available. I know this is a very elementary suggestion but a stud on the DL could make the entire D more effective.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Faucet,

Here are a few youtube link on Jordan. Not an extensive amount of film on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIVTNoQHHA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I assume this post was aimed at a comment I made?  My point was we are the best team in football.  We have a pretty stable roster already for 2011 with Mankins and Light the only big question marks.  Could we improve the team, absolutely but I'd bet we'd be pretty competitive next year even if we didn't have a draft.

"We aren't drafting for need, we're drafting for depth"

Who is our starting right OLB ? Cunningham backed up by TBC

Who is our Starting DL besides Vince W ? Ty Warren and Deaderick. We may resign G. Warren too if we don't draft anyone.

How many of our RB will be back next year ? Woodhead and BJGE are locks to be back.  Faulk thinks he's coming back but he likely be forced into retirement as will Taylor.  Morris might have a year left.  In a limited role he held up this season.  I look for us to add a F/A RB or draft one in round 3 or later.  In any event, Woody and BJGE will get the bulk of the carries.  I don't see any reason to change it.

How many OL will be back next year ? This is the million dollar question.  I think Mankins will be tagged and hopefully a long term deal can be reached.  If not, he will be tagged and traded if possible, if not possible, tagged and played for one more year.  I don't see the Pats just letting him walk without some kind of fight or compensation.  If Mankins is tagged, Light would be the odd man out unless he is happy for a 1-2 year deal in the $4-5MM range. 

If the answers of those questions does not make you feel THE URGENT NEED TO IMPROVE THIS TEAM AT SOME KEY POSITIONS... i don´t know what will.

Yes, the pats won 14 games in the regular season, and maybe they will win it all this year... but that does not hide the reality at some positions... We still haven´t found nobody that can generate some decent Pass Rush... BJGE & WOODY are great, but are they the 1-2 punch to build around ? The Dline lacks of playmakers (besides VW)

In my opinion WE NEED to get this:

#1.- DL (Draft pick)

#2.- LB (FA or trade)

#3.- RB (Draft pick & FA or trade)

#4.- OL (Draft pick & FA or Trade)

#5.- CB  (FA or trade)

#6.- WR (FA or trade)

I really like the Wisniewski pick somewhere in the 17-33 range.  He solves all of our interior OL issues for years to come.  If Mankins leaves after this season, we plug and play him at LG.  If Mankins stays, he battles Connolly for the RG spot.  Both Connolly and Koppen are set to be free agents after the 2011 season so Wisniewski won't have to wait long to get a starting job as there are multiple doors that could open for him.  He'd also be the first off the bench of our interior line stays the same for 2011.  If we miss out on him, than I think we are looking at a pure OG somewhere at or after pick 64.

Yes, I do like the idea of DL with one of those top 3 picks.  There are a ton of options that make sense, Watt, Jordan, Heyward, Ballard, Wilkerson, Clayborn, etc, but I also think there is a big possibility that BB doesn't take any with his top 3 picks.  I say that because we have a lot of young players at the position.  We are already carrying 1 more than normal.  With Ty coming back, we will either have to say goodbye to G. Warren, Mike Wright or one of the young players.  I was surprised we didn't address the position last year until the 7th round given the depth in the draft and the loss of Seymour so nothing would surprise me.

I think Safety is a huge need area and I would put WR up there too but there is a lot of decent talent later on the board at WR.  There are no elite safeties.  Maybe one sneaks into the first round but I think round 2 is the place to look.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kieran460. Show kieran460's posts

so if you havent noticed some jets fans made a vid on youtube called rex's gang green. it has taken off and has 70k views. well someone in pats nation had to step up and colly c has put out a response you should check out. www.youtube.com/watch?v=yilaNx1bjGk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yilaNx1bjGk lets get pats nation to respond loudly to them

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Faucet,

Here are a couple of video links on Jordan. I can't find a ton on him in terms of video. I watched him 2 times this season, first against Colorado where Cal won and he had a nice game, and the second time against Oregon where Cal lost by 2 and where he had something like 6 tackles or so and a FF. He seemed disruptive and always around the ball making plays and getting good penetration. I think he is strong and athletic. I think his overall career stats are Cal are good, consider he had 12 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks in 2010 playing the 3-4 DE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIVTNoQHHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOx7bqKP4m0&NR=1

The 1 knock on Jordan is his size relative to what BB covets in a 3-4 DE. He's 6'4", about 283 or so. If he was 20lbs heavier I would say perfect. But he is a bit light and although I like him, not sure he can play the 3-4 DE in the pros against much bigger linemen.....any opinion on this one?

1 comment on your opinion regarding drafting a corner possibly high. I agree that Bodden and McCourty should do a great job when paired together next year. A vast improvement from this year. However, all it takes is 1 injury and we are right back where we started. I say this because I just haven't see enough from Butler to have confidence he could fill in as a start and be productive. Arrington I like for many reasons, most of all his physical play, but he is not a starting corner in this league. I like him #3, ahead of Butler and Wilhite however.
    If given the chance, I would upgrade CB early if the value is there, and we see a guy who is a potential improvement over both Butler and Wilhite. Then let those guys duke it out for 5th CB spot. I like it in this order, McCourty, Bodden, Arrington, Wilhite, Butler. Imagine, McCourty, Bodden, Brandon Harris, Arrington and Wilhite or Butler...like that a whole lot better and it gives us not only good depth, but 3 solid starting caliber CB's, which you need in today's game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Faucet, Here are a few youtube link on Jordan. Not an extensive amount of film on him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIVTNoQHHA
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Lifer.  He has a motor for sure.  His size worries me.  He's listed at 6-4, 285.  I'm not sold on him being better than Watt, Heyward or Clayborn.  I certainly don't like him at 17.  For now I guess I view Jordan as a 43 rush DE, not a base 34 DE.  All we have to do is look at our current roster and the players BB likes as 34 DEs.  Kyle Love, 6-1, 310; Deaderick, 6-4, 305; G. Warren, 6-4, 330; Ty Warren, 6-5, 300; Mike Wright, 6-4, 295.  Heck, BBs played VW at DE a lot this season.  Unless Jordan weighs in at the mid 290s at the Combine, I don't think he's a good fit, coming from a 34 team or not.  Clayborn and Heyward's weight really aren't much better.  Base 34 DEs need to be big enough to hold up at the point of attack, to occupy 2 OL, they aren't really expected to rush the passer unless they get to him by bull rush.  They are more about stopping the run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : Everyone is talking about Jordan on here.  I hate to admit but I've never seen him play.  Anyone have some clips on him?  I'm going to stay on the Watt train until he's picked by someone else.  I know, I need to expand the possibilities.  I like Julio Jones if he somehow slips to 17.  I also like a bit of a trade down for Wisniewski.  Of all the players mocked for us, I like the Wisniewski pick the best.  I really focused on him during his bowl game with Florida.  Wisniewski is a beast.  He could end up being our answer if Mankins leaves.  I think he is that good.  If Mankins stays, Wisniewski could take over for Koppen eventually. I've talked about Ingram at length, I just don't think we'd take any RB with our top 3 picks.  Pinkston is an interesting pick but I don't think he fits BB size requirements for OTs.  I realize he is basically the same size as Light but Light was drafted in 2001.  Since then BB has been going after OTs in the 6-6 to 6-8 range.  As for where Pinkston is ranked, I have him 7th among tackles.  I believe the plan is for Vollmer to move over to LT when Light leaves, which could be next year.  So, we are really looking for a RT.  Kaczur should be back but he was never the answer.  I could see Love (64), Gilbert (96) or Hairston (4th) to fill that need.  I still don't see the need at CB, so hate that pick.  We all agree McCourty is a lock down corner and signed through 2014.  Last season we were all adamant that we can't afford to let Bodden get away.  We got our wish and he was signed to a lucrative deal through 2013.  Unless someone knows something about Bodden's injury being more severe and that he likely can't play next year, I don't see the need to spend yet another high pick on a CB.  Arrington did a solid job this year as a starter so as a back-up, he would be solid also.  Butler showed signs of life late in the season and was in there a lot in sub packages and Wilhite , when healthy is experienced enough fill out the 5th CB spot. Where we really need to add some depth is at Safety.  Hardly anyone but me is talking about this.  Meriweather and Sanders will both be free agents after 2011.  Meriweather is going to want a huge pay day, I don't see it coming from us.  Page will be a free agent after this season.  That leaves Chung as the only safety signed past next season.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

You ask and you shall receive:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOx7bqKP4m0

I've touted Robert Sands and Tyler Sash (both have declared) for a while now and I'm in agreeance that quality safety depth, preferably someone with coverage skills and excellent instincts is needed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I assume this post was aimed at a comment I made?  My point was we are the best team in football.  We have a pretty stable roster already for 2011 with Mankins and Light the only big question marks.  Could we improve the team, absolutely but I'd bet we'd be pretty competitive next year even if we didn't have a draft. " We aren't drafting for need, we're drafting for depth" Who is our starting right OLB ? Cunningham backed up by TBC Who is our Starting DL besides Vince W ? Ty Warren and Deaderick. We may resign G. Warren too if we don't draft anyone. How many of our RB will be back next year ? Woodhead and BJGE are locks to be back.  Faulk thinks he's coming back but he likely be forced into retirement as will Taylor.  Morris might have a year left.  In a limited role he held up this season.  I look for us to add a F/A RB or draft one in round 3 or later.  In any event, Woody and BJGE will get the bulk of the carries.  I don't see any reason to change it. How many OL will be back next year ? This is the million dollar question.  I think Mankins will be tagged and hopefully a long term deal can be reached.  If not, he will be tagged and traded if possible, if not possible, tagged and played for one more year.  I don't see the Pats just letting him walk without some kind of fight or compensation.  If Mankins is tagged, Light would be the odd man out unless he is happy for a 1-2 year deal in the $4-5MM range.  If the answers of those questions does not make you feel THE URGENT NEED TO IMPROVE THIS TEAM AT SOME KEY POSITIONS... i don´t know what will. Yes, the pats won 14 games in the regular season, and maybe they will win it all this year... but that does not hide the reality at some positions... We still haven´t found nobody that can generate some decent Pass Rush... BJGE & WOODY are great, but are they the 1-2 punch to build around ? The Dline lacks of playmakers (besides VW) In my opinion WE NEED to get this: #1.- DL (Draft pick) #2.- LB (FA or trade) #3.- RB (Draft pick & FA or trade) #4.- OL (Draft pick & FA or Trade) #5.- CB  (FA or trade) #6.- WR (FA or trade) I really like the Wisniewski pick somewhere in the 17-33 range.  He solves all of our interior OL issues for years to come.  If Mankins leaves after this season, we plug and play him at LG.  If Mankins stays, he battles Connolly for the RG spot.  Both Connolly and Koppen are set to be free agents after the 2011 season so Wisniewski won't have to wait long to get a starting job as there are multiple doors that could open for him.  He'd also be the first off the bench of our interior line stays the same for 2011.  If we miss out on him, than I think we are looking at a pure OG somewhere at or after pick 64. Yes, I do like the idea of DL with one of those top 3 picks.  There are a ton of options that make sense, Watt, Jordan, Heyward, Ballard, Wilkerson, Clayborn, etc, but I also think there is a big possibility that BB doesn't take any with his top 3 picks.  I say that because we have a lot of young players at the position.  We are already carrying 1 more than normal.  With Ty coming back, we will either have to say goodbye to G. Warren, Mike Wright or one of the young players.  I was surprised we didn't address the position last year until the 7th round given the depth in the draft and the loss of Seymour so nothing would surprise me. I think Safety is a huge need area and I would put WR up there too but there is a lot of decent talent later on the board at WR.  There are no elite safeties.  Maybe one sneaks into the first round but I think round 2 is the place to look.

I agree with most of this post...tons of questions along both the OL and DL. I was pleasantly surprised how GWarren played this year. I wonder if he has another good year or two left in him? If so, I would extend him immediately. I'm good with GWarren, VW and TWarren as our 3-4 line. I like it alot in fact. After that, you have Brace (which i think he is showing signs of possibly a good player to be), Pryor (like him in our 4 man line, good penetration and plays with aggression), Love (no opinion on him yet) Mike Wright (good role player), Deaderick (showed signs of potential, especially as a 7th round pick)...

If I am missing someone, please let me know...but, based on the above, I still think there is a spot for a DL to be drafted high, regardless of whetehr or not GWarren comes back. In fact, I would carry 1 more DL than normal, and only carry 3-4 RB's to make room. If GWarren is signed, I would either let Deaderick or Love go, probably Deaderick because Love can spell VW at NG in a pinch and is bit more versatile for me. Same can be said of GWarren..can play DE and NT.  

How about this going into next season (8 DL)
    GWarren, VW, TWarren (starters)
    Brace, Cameron Jordan/JJ Watt, Pryor, Wright, Love

I like the possibilitites and versatility with the above group. We can mix it up effectively with both 3 and 4 man lines, decent depth at all positions....

on the RB situation....Count me as one sold on BJGE and Woodhead as the 1-2 punch. Keep Morris because he has ST and provides depth, let Taylor walk, Faulk...not sure just yet, and I would draft a later round RB with size/bulk who can pound it on short down and distance and with good ST value...

Has anyone seen any RB's that could go in round 3-4 with good size (north of 230) and are ST aces?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : You ask and you shall receive:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOx7bqKP4m0 I've touted Robert Sands and Tyler Sash (both have declared) for a while now and I'm in agreeance that quality safety depth, preferably someone with coverage skills and excellent instincts is needed.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I think he is a good player.  I was one of the first people that I know of who liked him, but as an late 1st/early 2nd.   Showing him going up against CU and not any matchups against Solder is kind of useless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Regarding Tyler Sash, he would be a great late round addition. I saw all of Iowa's games this year and I would say Sash and Christian Ballard are both Pat's type of players.

Sash is always around the ball, good size, good instincts...one knock would be I don't think his top line speed is that good.

I think Ballard could have as good or better of a pro career than Clayborn...especially, if you could get Ballard late 2nd, or preferably, 3rd round.

Sash in the 5th would be great value, as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Another point on Jordan, colleges tend to overstate a player's size.  I would not be surprised if Jordan comes in at 6-2.5, 278 at the Combine.  If he does, would that change a lot of you Jordan supporter's opinions?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : I think he is a good player.  I was one of the first people that I know of who liked him, but as an late 1st/early 2nd.   Showing him going up against CU and not any matchups against Solder is kind of useless.
    Posted by gln826[/QUOTE]

No way he's available late 1st early 2nd.  To your comment about him going against CU, there isn't a lot of video out there on him, so you have to look at what you can get your hands on, it's part of the research process and I take from it what I can (feedback belwo), not to mention that he looks to take most of his snaps as a 4-3, 3-tech on the left side so he wouldn't face Solder much anyway. 

It reflects the following:

Great motor, plays to the whistle and is aggressive in pursuit.
    Great first step/jump of the snap.
    Good awarness.
    He's very disruptive.
    Uses his hands well.
    Strong at the POA.
    Plays with good leverage.
    Has the ability to split the double team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Another point on Jordan, colleges tend to overstate a player's size.  I would not be surprised if Jordan comes in at 6-2.5, 278 at the Combine.  If he does, would that change a lot of you Jordan supporter's opinions?

We'd obviously have to wait until the all-star games or combine to find out his actual mearsurables, that goes for all players and has been a caveat of mine when talking about Jordan.

If he's smaller than listed obviously it would change my opinion on him as a fit for NE's scheme, but not my opinion on his as a player.

Gotta be consistent with these estimates though, Watt is listed at 6-6 (or 6-5 1/2) and anywhere from 292-279 which means he could be 6-4.5 (or 6-4) 283 (or lighter) by your reduction amounts meaning he'd still be too small based on your previous posts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a0139b12e-73ca-46cc-a419-188866693882&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:0139b12e-73ca-46cc-a419-188866693882Post:82a3d5fa-28b3-431f-856a-4dd0a568e979">Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***:
    In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : I think he is a good player.  I was one of the first people that I know of who liked him, but as an late 1st/early 2nd.   Showing him going up against CU and not any matchups against Solder is kind of useless.
    Posted by gln826

No way he's available late 1st early 2nd.  To your comment about him going against CU, there isn't a lot of video out there on him, so you have to look at what you can get your hands on, it's part of the research process and I take from it what I can (feedback belwo), not to mention that he looks to take most of his snaps as a 4-3, 3-tech on the left side so he wouldn't face Solder much anyway. 

It reflects the following:

Great motor, plays to the whistle and is aggressive in pursuit.
    Great first step/jump of the snap.
    Good awarness.
    He's very disruptive.
    Uses his hands well.
    Strong at the POA.
    Plays with good leverage.
    Has the ability to split the double team.

I was basically refering to when I started following him, back in Sept/Oct.  Thats when I thought late 1st early 2nd. 
    But, with all the DT/DE coming out, many of these "types" of players will fall into the mid 20's (Heyward, Jenkins, Jordan, Bailey, Austin, and Crick).  After Fairley (if he comes out), Bowers, and Dareus, the others are almost the same player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : We'd obviously have to wait until the all-star games or combine to find out his actual mearsurables, that goes for all players and has been a caveat of mine when talking about Jordan. If he's smaller than listed obviously it would change my opinion on him as a fit for NE's scheme, but not my opinion on his as a player. Gotta be consistent with these estimates though, Watt is listed at 6-6 (or 6-5 1/2) and anywhere from 292-279 which means he could be 6-4.5 (or 6-4) 283 (or lighter) by your reduction amounts meaning he'd still be too small based on your previous posts.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    That's certainly a fair point and one I knew you or someone would make.  I look at Watt and he just looks big.  Sure he could be 6-5 which would be fine.  But I think he's bigger than 292.  I think he's 300 and would be shocked if he came in under 290.  If he does, than it probably changes my thinking on him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

There's so much depth in potential 3-4 DEs in this draft anyway, especially in the first three rounds: Nick Fairley, Marcell Dareus, Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Heyward, JJ Watt, Cameron Jordan, Corey Liuget, Allen Bailey, Phil Taylor, Christian Ballard, Muhammed Wilkerson, Marvin Austin, Kenrick Ellis, Pernell McPhee, Jarvis Jenkins, and Lawrence Guy.