2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED MOCK 1/15***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED MOCK 1/15***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED MOCK 1/15*** : For research I always go to NFLDraftScout at the below link. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011 I don't always agree with their ratings but they do have a lot of good info.  My brother's site is good too as historically they do probably the best job of ranking in terms of where players actually get selected as anybody.  Here's their link. http://cdsdraft.com/rankings/top-100/ Both sites are free. As for Patriot free agents, here's the list.  # Player Pos Cont 1 Gerard Warren DT 2010 2 Fred Taylor RB 2010 3 Logan Mankins OG 2010 4 Matt Light OT 2010 5 Quinn Ojinnaka OL 2010 6 Sammy Morris RB 2010 7 Jarrod Page SS 2010 8 BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB 2010 9 Ryan Wendell OG 2010 10 Kyle Arrington CB 2010 11 Tracy White ILB 2010 Some of these guys are restricted like BJGE, Wendell and Arrington.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Thanks Faucet,

That list is pretty comforting, beyond Mankins, reupping Warren for another season if he still wants to play and Law Firm I see no real reasons to be concerned.  I'll check out the CBS site, once I've done a little homework I'll try to comment some.

That being said I believe the biggest positions of need are probably OG (depending on Mankins), DT, TE (depending on Crumpler), OLB, corner and runningback depth.  Should be fun though with all the draft picks, hope we don't get locked out next season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED MOCK 1/15*** : If we drafted him, I'd be okay with it.  I just don't think he's as good as his brother.  He can't play center, that much we know.  So we are drafting him purely as an OG.  For me, I don't want to spend a top 33 pick on a one dimensional guy when I think Moffitt is likely just as good, purely as an OG, as Pouncey but could be had 40 spots or so lower.I like Wisniewski better.  I love that he can play both C and OG at a very high level.  I love his pedigree.  I would be willing to go 28 or 33 on him.  I'm not hard set against Pouncey.  I'm just thinking he won't be as good as Mankins who we spent 32 on but I think Wisniewski could be and I love being able to slide him over to center when Koppen is done.  But for the record, I won't shed tears if we draft Pouncey at 28, I will just think we reached for him and could've gotten better value.  Excellent question Mb.  You have me second guessing now.  I love Hudson too.  If we could take the man and put him in Pouncey's body, I'd take him at 17.

I know Pouncey had some shotgun snap issues early in the season, however he seemed to correct it for the most part as the season went on, also keep in mind that this was his first season playing the position at this level be it in the SEC.  Are you saying he can't play the C position at all or that the snap issues worry you?  Outside of the early snap issues, I haven't seen or read anything that would lead me to believe he couldn't play the position at the NFL level if needed.

I too think Wisniewski looks like a solid prospect (both on and off the field) and potential Patriot's target, but you also have to question why he moved from center back to OG this season, an easier position with the C position being taken over by another senior that had never started a game at Penn State (don't you want your solid, decorated, veterans playing tougher positions?) vs. Pouncey who made the transition from OG to C for his senior season? 

Most publications have Moffitt listed as a round 3-4 kid where as most have Pouncey at the end of round 1 so I don't think it can be assumed that you can just pass on Pouncey and draft Moffitt without any downside. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Merryweather isn't big on by list either but he is the 2nd best safety we have and we don't need to create another hole on the defense.  After Merryweather and Chung I feel there is a big drop off.  I don't like Sanders play at all at that's who you would have to stick out there if Merryweather was gone.

Something will be there for the Pats at #17.  Even if it isn't that DE we badly need.  It would cost the Pats a lot to go after Fairley, Bowers or Watt.  I believe the Pats can get the players they need by staying where they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Is it too late to sign Julius Peppers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]If we trade B. merryweather to go UP in the draft... how high can we go from: #17 #28 #33 ?????????????????????' Is it worth it in your opinion ???  
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong but I believe I read that you would not see any player for pick manuvering without the signing of a new CBA. Also you will not see any free agency action untill the signing of a new CBA if it get signed. No one will want to act till an understanding of how the new rules will effect all new contracts. Also there will be a draft but no contracts will be signed till the dust clears. No contracts no practiceing, may make this draft class be a nonfactor come next season if there is a season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Great point part-timer!  The CBA is up in early March?, late February?  Anyway, it's up way before the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

I'm thinking with BB connection with AL that the Pats will strongly consider Mark Ingram first pick and pick up DE's with 28th and 33 pick. A runner like Ingram with a combination of power and speed would have made a difference when a team like the Jets has 8 DB's and 3 down lineman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Usually don't post links...but this was a pretty interesting draft article http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/1/17/1939528/new-england-patriots-2011-draft-tactics
    Posted by ejb222[/QUOTE]

by that philosophy, i would pick up a big guard to neutralize the likes of ngata, kris jenkins. moffit might be there in the second round nwe pick. if you feel like gambling a little, cannon - the huge tackle. maybe he can move inside. but this is me eating my words - i criticized cannon when faucet suggested it. i just think  he's not as good at getting leverage as the moffitts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]I had some free time last night and decided to check out some lesser known DL men. One name I kept coming across over and over again is Muhammand Wilkerson DT/DE out of Temple. I haven't seen his name tossed around the board a lot and when looking at most reports he seems to be moving up into the 3rd range but this guy looks like that surprise guy the Pats grab every year and people go who the heck, they grabbed him where? I don't know but just watching tape on the guy he's very impressive. He has very solid technic and uses his strength and hands to great affect but still needs some work against elite talent. For a guy his size he has average spend but his agility is off the charts and managed to bat down 4 balls this past year. He also has a solid track from his freshman year through to this past year with enormous upside. I can actually see the Pats spending a mid 2nd or early pick on the kid and all the draft guru's going, why did they go after him this high? It makes no sense he's a 3-4 range player. Just someone to kept an eye out for with our pick in the 1st or when they trade back one of their picks in the middle 2nd area
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I agree completly Muhammad Wilkerson would be one of those picks they would make in the 2nd round he is a very good around football player.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I know how to nuetralize Ngota! Sign him as a FA... If BB takes a chance on hitting a HR all he has to do is sign every FA he wants before the CBA is ratified,it's a gamble but he could score bigtime!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED MOCK 1/15*** : I know Pouncey had some shotgun snap issues early in the season, however he seemed to correct it for the most part as the season went on, also keep in mind that this was his first season playing the position at this level be it in the SEC.  Are you saying he can't play the C position at all or that the snap issues worry you?  Outside of the early snap issues, I haven't seen or read anything that would lead me to believe he couldn't play the position at the NFL level if needed. I too think Wisniewski looks like a solid prospect (both on and off the field) and potential Patriot's target, but you also have to question why he moved from center back to OG this season, an easier position with the C position being taken over by another senior that had never started a game at Penn State (don't you want your solid, decorated, veterans playing tougher positions?) vs. Pouncey who made the transition from OG to C for his senior season?  Most publications have Moffitt listed as a round 3-4 kid where as most have Pouncey at the end of round 1 so I don't think it can be assumed that you can just pass on Pouncey and draft Moffitt without any downside. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    Sorry for late reply, just got back from Vegas.  Put a ton on the Steelers to kill the Jets, lol.

The snap problems are my major concern with Pouncey, yes.  It wasn't just an early in the season problem.  He struggled all year.  He had another misclue in the Bowl game against Florida.  Brady is in the shotgun a ton.

As for why Wisniewski moved back to guard, I found this little tidbit.  Reading through the lines it would appear Wis played better at Guard.

"One of the 2009 experiments that didn't go as well as hoped seems to have been scrapped for 2010.  Paterno said senior Doug Klopacz, a career backup who has battled knee problems, is opening the year as the No. 1 center. Senior Stefen Wisniewski will move back to guard, where he enjoyed a breakout season in 2008 before switching to center in 2009."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from akaitcho. Show akaitcho's posts

Hey Guys, great to see you back mbeaulieu07Faucetmanauchhhhhhhhhhh, and the rest of you.
    I read a the last few pages and must say very good draft ideas out there. The one I like the most is drafting Ingram with our first pick.
    We need a good back we can rely on when we need to run the football, and when you look a bit ahead after the Tom Brady era in, lets say 3-4 years, a good back would be a huge gift for a young Quaterback.
    After Ingram I'll go with the best player available, preferably DE/OLG or OG, but we know Bill, he always does the opposite of what one thinks, thats why I like the Ingram Pick.

It also could be the Time where Bill trades up the Boards, I mean we already have so many first and second year players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

All, there is a nice piece from bleacherreport- see below link - re each NFL team needs:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/571091-2011-nfl-draft-breaking-down-every-teams-offseason-needs#page/1

Also, a bleacherreport re first and second round team draft.  I am not buying this one, but of interest to note, it has both JJ Watt and Ryan Kerrigan gone before Pats-Raider pick at #17.  We supposedly take Adrian Clayborne here and Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt later in the first round - not happening IMO.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/578703-2011-nfl-mock-draft-rounds-1-2-with-highlights-jake-locker-falling-fast?

I still think Pats need to go heavy D and would like Watt/Kerrigan/Heywood at 17 
    Jeremy Beal OLB from Oklahoma at #28
    At #33 - best OT on the board
    At #56 interested in MB wildcard DT Muhammad Wilkerson from Temple U. 

The back to OLine with Vikes pick near top of round 3 with a pick of OGs Moffit of Wisc or Henry of Nebraska or John Borin of Ohio State.

Our Pick in third round, #84 I like Johnny Patrick DB from Louisville Cardinals

Fourth Round I like LB Brooks from AZ

Pats have other needs and I would like BB to look at Brian Leonard RB of Cinci - the ex-Rutgers U star.  Also, OLBs of interest in FA with value for Pats include Mathias Kiwanuka of Giants ex-BC, James Anderson of Panthers, Mike Peterson of Atlanta Falcons.  I think they need to resign Mankins.  Light probably is gone and Neal.  Vollner moves over to LT, buut it is critical we get OT and OG help in this draft. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED MOCK 1/15*** : Sorry for late reply, just got back from Vegas.  Put a ton on the Steelers to kill the Jets, lol. The snap problems are my major concern with Pouncey, yes.  It wasn't just an early in the season problem.  He struggled all year.  He had another misclue in the Bowl game against Florida.  Brady is in the shotgun a ton. As for why Wisniewski moved back to guard, I found this little tidbit.  Reading through the lines it would appear Wis played better at Guard. "One of the 2009 experiments that didn't go as well as hoped seems to have been scrapped for 2010.  Paterno said senior Doug Klopacz, a career backup who has battled knee problems, is opening the year as the No. 1 center. Senior Stefen Wisniewski will move back to guard, where he enjoyed a breakout season in 2008 before switching to center in 2009."  

Yeah, I have to buy my Terrible Towel today and either a Cheeshead or a Ditka Sweater for the SB, ha.

Maybe we can go double or nothing for a 6-pack on Pouncey vs. Wisniewski (who gets drafted first)?  Afterall, I still owe you a sixer for the Demaryius Thomas vs. Golden Tate wager from last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I know how to nuetralize Ngota! Sign him as a FA... If BB takes a chance on hitting a HR all he has to do is sign every FA he wants before the CBA is ratified,it's a gamble but he could score bigtime!
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Ngata is a flat out stud, huge and versatile, he'd be an ideal fit in NE's scheme.  Raven's GM Ozzie Newsome has already called signing him a priority so you'd have to assume he's likely to stay in Baltimore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Guys, great to see you back  mbeaulieu07 ,  Faucetman ,  auchhhhhhhhhhh , and the rest of you. I read a the last few pages and must say very good draft ideas out there. The one I like the most is drafting Ingram with our first pick. We need a good back we can rely on when we need to run the football, and when you look a bit ahead after the Tom Brady era in, lets say 3-4 years, a good back would be a huge gift for a young Quaterback. After Ingram I'll go with the best player available, preferably DE/OLG or OG, but we know Bill, he always does the opposite of what one thinks, thats why I like the Ingram Pick. It also could be the Time where Bill trades up the Boards, I mean we already have so many first and second year players.
    Posted by akaitcho[/QUOTE]

aka,
    Welcome back, man.

I love Ingram and think he'd be an asset to the NE offense, I just think that as far as BPA goes, it'll likely be on the defensive side of the ball at #17.  Specifically I think a potential impact DE (Watt/Jordan etc.) trumps the value of a RB. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]All, there is a nice piece from bleacherreport- see below link - re each NFL team needs: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/571091-2011-nfl-draft-breaking-down-every-teams-offseason-needs#page/1 Also, a bleacherreport re first and second round team draft.  I am not buying this one, but of interest to note, it has both JJ Watt and Ryan Kerrigan gone before Pats-Raider pick at #17.  We supposedly take Adrian Clayborne here and Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt later in the first round - not happening IMO. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/578703-2011-nfl-mock-draft-rounds-1-2-with-highlights-jake-locker-falling-fast? I still think Pats need to go heavy D and would like Watt/Kerrigan/Heywood at 17  Jeremy Beal OLB from Oklahoma at #28 At #33 - best OT on the board At #56 interested in MB wildcard DT Muhammad Wilkerson from Temple U.  The back to OLine with Vikes pick near top of round 3 with a pick of OGs Moffit of Wisc or Henry of Nebraska or John Borin of Ohio State. Our Pick in third round, #84 I like Johnny Patrick DB from Louisville Cardinals Fourth Round I like LB Brooks from AZ Pats have other needs and I would like BB to look at Brian Leonard RB of Cinci - the ex-Rutgers U star.  Also, OLBs of interest in FA with value for Pats include Mathias Kiwanuka of Giants ex-BC, James Anderson of Panthers, Mike Peterson of Atlanta Falcons.  I think they need to resign Mankins.  Light probably is gone and Neal.  Vollner moves over to LT, buut it is critical we get OT and OG help in this draft. 
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

I have to give PatsEng credit for Wilkerson, but yeah, I think he's a big time option for them in Rd 1-2.

I do like what I've seen from Patrick and would be happy to land him in Rd 3.

I'd also love to see Reed or Thomas Keiser (6-5 250 OLB Stanford) at the end of Rd 3 or early Rd 4.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Guys, great to see you back  mbeaulieu07 ,  Faucetman ,  auchhhhhhhhhhh , and the rest of you. I read a the last few pages and must say very good draft ideas out there. The one I like the most is drafting Ingram with our first pick. We need a good back we can rely on when we need to run the football, and when you look a bit ahead after the Tom Brady era in, lets say 3-4 years, a good back would be a huge gift for a young Quaterback. After Ingram I'll go with the best player available, preferably DE/OLG or OG, but we know Bill, he always does the opposite of what one thinks, thats why I like the Ingram Pick. It also could be the Time where Bill trades up the Boards, I mean we already have so many first and second year players.
    Posted by akaitcho[/QUOTE]
    Good to see you again Akaitcho, you have some catching up to do:)).

This is a very deep draft at RB but there are no top 15 talents.  I have 16 RBs that I would grade in the top 5 rounds.  But only two teams have RB as their clear cut top needs, the Dolphins and Bucs.  Two other teams NO and GB have high RB needs but they have other needs at the same priority level. 

Since MIA is at 15, they will have the back of their choice.  I put RB a bit lower on our list of needs so I would not favor drafting a back until much later at this time.  17 teams have no RB need so I wouldn't expect them to be in the market until the very late rounds, if at all.

There are only 10 teams that need or could use a starting RB.  Most of those teams have other priorities.  I've listed them below along with the order of their higher priorities:

DEN (2) TE, DE, CB  RB #4
    CIN (4) OT, DE RB #3
    WAS (10) QB, WR, OT, OG RB #5
    STL (14) WR, OG, TE, DE, DT, OLB, SS RB #8
    MIA (15) RB #1, C, QB, OG
    NE (17) OT, OG, OLB, DE, CB RB #6
    TB (20) RB #1, DE, OLB, ILB
    NO (24) DE, DT, OLB, SS, RB tied at same need.
    SEA (25) OT, OG, C, SS, QB, RB #6
    GB (32*) OG, OLB, RB tied at same need.
    * final draft position TBD

I'm quite certain that GMs know that they can get a quality RB just about anywhere in the draft so for teams that have higher needs, I think they will fill those needs first.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED MOCK 1/15*** : Yeah, I have to buy my Terrible Towel today and either a Cheeshead or a Ditka Sweater for the SB, ha. Maybe we can go double or nothing for a 6-pack on Pouncey vs. Wisniewski (who gets drafted first)?  Afterall, I still owe you a sixer for the Demaryius Thomas vs. Golden Tate wager from last year.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    I forgot about that 6 you owe me, gotta love McDaniels for taking Thomas.

I'm not sure I would take that bet Wis going ahead of Pouncey, but we'll find something else to go double or nothing on.  I said I would rather take Wisniewski than Pouncey for us.  A ton of teams need OG help I think the Steelers will be all over Pouncey late first because the good OTs will be gone by then.  They would love to have the two brothers playing side-by-side and it would be a cool story for them and the league.

For those that think a quality OT will slip to us at 28 haven't studied history or current team needs.  I put together a chart based on team needs.  The data for this came from NFLDraftScout.  The ratings are as follows:

0-2: Team has solid starter(s), not likely to draft player
    3-5: This position needs depth
    6-8: This position needs a starter
    9-10: This is the biggest position of need

Team QBRBWRTE OT  OG CDEDTOLBILBSSFSCB
    CAR63671558772336
    DEN06185648446668
    BUF93368337475617
    CIN67528768337775
    ARI95167841474217
    CLE54737627378274
    SF53610274875446
    HOU91322742357446
    DAL42027617335663
    WAS96838766536067
    HOU11273352631777
    MIN81405567661661
    DET124547552777210
    STL16872804770735
    MIA69321672310353
    JAX72572237247775
    NE17218826080126
    SD35726408547644
    NYG10128324566444
    TB48535607077654
    KC61688384887074
    IND35118642840744
    PHI25216751364626
    NO27022427771724
    SEA76508885660725
    BAL32506561051666
    ATL13365627473334
    NYJ52914708573662
    PIT04228705422036
    CHI32728762670623
    OAK835488357602410
    GB37506756073426
    Total13211912488168173112147127167107139124154
    ACT1210991821916112011181115
    QLTY716164138313151154214

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]All, there is a nice piece from bleacherreport- see below link - re each NFL team needs: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/571091-2011-nfl-draft-breaking-down-every-teams-offseason-needs#page/1 Also, a bleacherreport re first and second round team draft.  I am not buying this one, but of interest to note, it has both JJ Watt and Ryan Kerrigan gone before Pats-Raider pick at #17.  We supposedly take Adrian Clayborne here and Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt later in the first round - not happening IMO. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/578703-2011-nfl-mock-draft-rounds-1-2-with-highlights-jake-locker-falling-fast? I still think Pats need to go heavy D and would like Watt/Kerrigan/Heywood at 17  Jeremy Beal OLB from Oklahoma at #28 At #33 - best OT on the board At #56 interested in MB wildcard DT Muhammad Wilkerson from Temple U.  The back to OLine with Vikes pick near top of round 3 with a pick of OGs Moffit of Wisc or Henry of Nebraska or John Borin of Ohio State. Our Pick in third round, #84 I like Johnny Patrick DB from Louisville Cardinals Fourth Round I like LB Brooks from AZ Pats have other needs and I would like BB to look at Brian Leonard RB of Cinci - the ex-Rutgers U star.  Also, OLBs of interest in FA with value for Pats include Mathias Kiwanuka of Giants ex-BC, James Anderson of Panthers, Mike Peterson of Atlanta Falcons.  I think they need to resign Mankins.  Light probably is gone and Neal.  Vollner moves over to LT, buut it is critical we get OT and OG help in this draft. 

-

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED MOCK 1/15*** : aka, Welcome back, man. I love Ingram and think he'd be an asset to the NE offense, I just think that as far as BPA goes, it'll likely be on the defensive side of the ball at #17.  Specifically I think a potential impact DE (Watt/Jordan etc.) trumps the value of a RB. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]I know I can't speak for BB but I'm just guessing that the idea of drafting either a WR or a RB in the first round just turns his stomach upside down, and after Lawrence "Dancing with the Stars" Maroney who could blame BB if he never takes another RB in the first round. I hope they draft a home wrecker with their first pick and a home protector with their second and third picks,De/OLB followed by OT, and OG then whatever Seems like the right guy at whichever position they like! Tolliver from LSU,Cobbs from UK, Cobbs would be who I take at #60 and reach and find that big WR in Tolliver with Minnesota's pick in the third round,then go find that OLB everyone keeps begging for at #92. I'm watching the East-West Shrine game and nobody is really impressing me with their play so far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Jah Reid from UCF looks to be a pretty big monster and RT candidate in the later rounds.  BB hasn't historically spent a lot of high picks on the OL.  Mankins at 32 was the only first round pick.  Light, Vollmer were 2nds, Kaczur was a late 3rd.  I don't think we will see him going OL before 33.  If he does, it would be highly unusual.

I still think Watt at 17 makes the most sense followed by a DT/DE type or yes, hate to admit, another CB as the positions he will be most likely to target at 17.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Jah Reid from UCF looks to be a pretty big monster and RT candidate in the later rounds.  BB hasn't historically spent a lot of high picks on the OL.  Mankins at 32 was the only first round pick.  Light, Vollmer were 2nds, Kaczur was a late 3rd.  I don't think we will see him going OL before 33.  If he does, it would be highly unusual. I still think Watt at 17 makes the most sense followed by a DT/DE type or yes, hate to admit, another CB as the positions he will be most likely to target at 17.

after seeing what a good secondary can do...i would not be surprised if he gets another cb