2011 Schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

2011 Schedule

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4694994/patriots-2011-complete-schedule
    Looks good. Toughest stretch looks like itll be Pitt, NYG and the Jets. cant wait for the 12th and Miami (hopefully). what do you guys think

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: 2011 Schedule

I'm thinkin i'll be watching alot of games from my slingbox this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hate to be in Miami that early, still quite hot there. Jets games are already marked off as do not miss!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

At most, four 1:00 games. Ugh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Schedule:
    [QUOTE]Hate to be in Miami that early, still quite hot there. Jets games are already marked off as do not miss!
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

It will be dark out since we play Monday night. We get knida lucky there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Scheduling grades, not including power ratings, from a Patriots standpoint:

Week 1 | Monday, Sept. 12 Patriots at Dolphins, 7 p.m. (ESPN)

I give it an A.  Heat is the Dolphins’ great home field advantage, but it’s not so sunny at night.

Week 2 | Sunday, Sept. 18 Chargers at Patriots, 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

B+  The trek east (and not as much west) 3000 miles is one bad journey that messes up the players’ internal clocks.  The Chargers don’t have time to get their bearings.  However, the Pats come off a short week.

Week 3 | Sunday, Sept. 25 Patriots at Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)

C-.  Buffalo has it somewhat easy at home the previous week with Oakland.

Week 4 | Sunday, Oct. 2 Patriots at Raiders, 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

C-.  Long road trip, ugh.  However, Oakland comes off of two long-distance road games and a Jets game, so they’ll be a bit worn out.

Week 5 | Sunday, Oct. 9 Jets at Patriots, 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

C.  The Jets after a fairly rough team on the west coast is not good for the Patriots.  However, this is the third road game in a row for the Jets:  at Oakland, at Baltimore, at New England.

Week 6 | Sunday, Oct. 16 Cowboys at Patriots, 4:15 p.m. (FOX)

D.  The Cowboys come off their bye week.

Week 7 BYE.  B-  New England is already humming along going into this season, so having the bye week rather late is useful. 

Week 8 | Sunday, Oct. 30 Patriots at Steelers, 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

A.  Just the place for a bye week.  Exactly the team to scheme for.  Pitts just played a real bunny, Arizona, the previous week, but at least it was a 2000-mile away game.  Also, Pitts has to prepare for Baltimore the next week.

Week 9 | Sunday, Nov. 6 Giants at Patriots, 4:15 p.m. (FOX)

C.

Week 10 | Sunday, Nov. 13 Patriots at Jets, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

D.  The Jets are surrounded by bunny games.

Week 11 | Monday, Nov. 21 Chiefs at Patriots, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)

B-.  The Chiefs aren’t that bad, and they just played Denver at home, which counts as a bunny.  An extra recovery day followed by the Chiefs at home is useful.

Week 12 | Sunday, Nov. 27 Patriots at Eagles, 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

D+.  Here’s the hangover.  Eagles are good and it’s a short week.  At least the Eagles just played the Giants.

Week 13 | Sunday, Dec. 4 Colts at Patriots, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

A-.  Always nice to have a dome-only quarterback out in the frigid with a bad running game giving him no help.  Third-best regular season chance for snow.  Indy hosts Carolina at home the week before, preceded by a bye week, so no help there.

Week 14 | Sunday, Dec. 11 Patriots at Redskins, 1 p.m. (CBS)

C+.  The skin color guys just played the Jets last week.

Week 15 | Sunday, Dec. 18 Patriots at Broncos, 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

D+.  Broncos are tied for the toughest home field advantage, with Miami, and it’s bad in December.  Hopefully the Pats will have secured home field last week.  Fortunately, this team was terrible last year and their new coach has to lay in a new game plan.  Ponies #2 just played the Jets, the #2 team at Giants-Jets Stadium.

Week 16 | Saturday, Dec. 24 Dolphins at Patriots, 1 p.m. (CBS)

B.  If you’re going to host the Dolphins, some snow really helps.  Unfortunately the Fish just played at Buffalo the previous week, so their shellshock will be minimal. 

Week 17 | Sunday, Jan. 1 Bills at Patriots, 1 p.m. (CBS)

D+, because the Pats will already have secured what they want.  This is a high percentage win Bills game that could have been in the middle of the season when it would have counted.  The Bills aren’t the biggest bunny in the NFL, and they just played Denver at home, which is a bunny.

- - - -

My own all-numeric power rankings -- this doesn’t include free agent signings, coaching changes or draft picks:

Team   score   rounded

1   ne    15.7     16-0,    that’s right, they round up to a 16-0 team by my numbers.  It’s mathematically possible to go lower but not higher, so I won’t go higher than 15-1 for real.  Also a number of NFL teams see knocking off the Patriots as the potential highlight of their season, as opposed to their team making the playoffs, which is too rare.

Remember that I was fairly alone in calling for 14-2 last year at this time.  Then I dropped to 13-3 in August after Ty Warren and Leigh Bodden both got injured.  I couldn’t believe the people who were all calling for 10-6.

2   gb   14.5   15-1, a generous and respectful round-up.

3   pit   12.4   12-4

4   nyj   11.5   12-4

5   chi   11.4   11-5

6   atl   10.7   11-5

7   bal   10.5   11-5

8   phi   10.2   10-6

9   det   9.8   10-6

10   nyg   9.5   10-6

11   ind   8.8   9-7

12   mia   8.7   9-7

13   no   8.6   9-7

14   tb   8.4   8-8

15   sd   8.4   8-8

16   min   7.9   8-8

17   dal   7.6   8-8

18   ten   7.3   7-9

19   oak   7.1   7-9

20   cin   7.1   7-9

21   cle   6.9   7-9

22   buf   6.8   7-9

23   was   6.6   7-9

24   hou   6.6   7-9

25   jac   6.4   6-10

26   kc   6.2   6-10

27   stl   6.1   6-10

28   sf   6.0   6-10

29   den   3.8   4-12

30   sea   1.9   2-14  Those are my numbers, based on victory point differentials with last second tickytack touchdowns removed.  The numbers don't favor Seattle one little bit, and these numbers include Seattle's dramatic finish.  I have nothing against the team or their coach, and I know little enough about their players.

31   car   1.6   2-14

32   az   1.1   1-15

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good stuff Paul. You took some heat last year but you were spot on.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

stoneking - Paul has a unique ability to "objectively" rank the pats #1 every season. 

moving on - it appears to me that the colts have one of the toughest schedules on paper based on past opponent performance.  They play the AFC North and the NFC South.  @ bucs, @ saints, @ pats, @ ravens, steelers, chiefs, falcons. 
    The reality of what teams ultimately are can be significantly different than what they were recently, so hopefully a couple of the above teams will stumble this year. 

Additionally, the titans look like they could be awful this year.  Dont expect anything from the panthers or Cincy, but Cleveland will be better.  Indy's first 5 games will be tough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

60 Max Power O - Your source to NE football - You'll leave smarter

The new all Patriots site..check it out!!!! 

60 Max Power O - Your source to NE football - You'll 

leave smarter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]stoneking - Paul has a unique ability to "objectively" rank the pats #1 every season.  moving on - it appears to me that the colts have one of the toughest schedules on paper based on past opponent performance.  They play the AFC North and the NFC South.  @ bucs, @ saints, @ pats, @ ravens, steelers, chiefs, falcons.  The reality of what teams ultimately are can be significantly different than what they were recently, so hopefully a couple of the above teams will stumble this year.  Additionally, the titans look like they could be awful this year.  Dont expect anything from the panthers or Cincy, but Cleveland will be better.  Indy's first 5 games will be tough.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Hey Doggie Do!

Yes, you have a terrible schedule...all of those AFC & NFC south power houses!!!! Scary tough!  Better hope Na'Polian has plenty of money for the Zebras....you may need them this year!  Can't wait to play GOMER & the ponies at the Razor again!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]stoneking - Paul has a unique ability to "objectively" rank the pats #1 every season.  moving on - it appears to me that the colts have one of the toughest schedules on paper based on past opponent performance.  They play the AFC North and the NFC South.  @ bucs, @ saints, @ pats, @ ravens, steelers, chiefs, falcons.  The reality of what teams ultimately are can be significantly different than what they were recently, so hopefully a couple of the above teams will stumble this year.  Additionally, the titans look like they could be awful this year.  Dont expect anything from the panthers or Cincy, but Cleveland will be better.  Indy's first 5 games will be tough.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I agree with you UD (never thought I'd type those words - LOL :).  That said, I can't expect Indy to have the same injury-impact as last year.  Pats schedule is reasonable, I think a 13-3/12-4 season could be had.  But, each year, teams that don't look tough could be (Pats fans can remember the CLE game), and teams you'd think are going to be world-rockers turn out to be just okay, or bad. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

NFL.com has a cool tool with the schedules on it.  Colts have 5th toughest sched based on opponents record last year.  NE is 16th (right in the middle).  The interesting thing about this method, is that within their division, first place teams (indy, ne) always play teams that had a worse record the previous year, while the last place team always gets teams with better records.  That is evened out somewhat by scheduling first place teams to play the other 2 first place teams within the conference while the last place team does the same. 

But, looking at the sched difficulty, teams 1-4 (above indy) are Carolina, Buffalo, Denver, and Detroit - all last place teams. 

Indy better be ready.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Schedule : Hey Doggie Do! Yes, you have a terrible schedule...all of those AFC & NFC south power houses!!!! Scary tough!  Better hope Na'Polian has plenty of money for the Zebras....you may need them this year!  Can't wait to play GOMER & the ponies at the Razor again!
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]
    You are a professor?  Teaching our kids??  Do you teach them how to trash talk?

That said, you may be right.  I am starting a collection plate for the refs this year and will be passing it around to all board mates.  Please be sure to donate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The winning% from the season before argument does not apply in this day and age.  Dallas will not be as bad as last year, for example.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I'll agree that the method is not fully credible, but it would be shortsighted to dismiss it entirely. 

Doing so assumes that, for example, the pats won't be good this year or Indy won't be good this year, or that Carolina and Arizona will.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

12-4

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

kingstoner - agree with your assessment, but you've noted when the pats play tough teams back to back.  How are you defining who the tough teams are?  Likely, some of that has to do with those teams' recent histories. 

Colts open with a tough 5 game stretch: @hou, browns, steelers, @ bucs (bucs coming off tough game vs. ATL), kc (indy on a short week). 

They get the saints who will be coming off a game vs. the bucs.  They get ATL who is coming off of a bye.

Finally, the colts play the pats then the ravens both on the road.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Gotta admit from lookin' at the schedules year in and year out, for about 8 years straight NE seemed to ALWAYS get just the most brutal schedules against the very best...freakin'...ALWAYS.  This year?  Their schedule's a cake-walk.  Imo it doesn't even look like it's 16th overall, more like bottom 10. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Dogg you consider the Browns a tough game?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    I don't think they will be a lay down. 

I think they will be better than Cincy.  If you look at the colts first 7 - @hou, clev, pitt, @tb, kc (short week), @cincy, @ NO,  its a tough stretch. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The quality organizations or teams that expected to play well, building off last year. Or, any division games where those games are usually closer, even if the match up is lopsided.  The Colts need to be wary of Houston finally getting a defense.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    They need to be wary of Jax, too. 

I think the colts will get reprieve from Tenn this year with a new coach and a QB situation that isn't resolved.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtam83. Show dtam83's posts

seriously boston.com?  I don't need a picture show that I need to click 18 times to look at the schedule...just list it out!!!!!!