2012 AFC East Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

2012 AFC East Thoughts

Patriots are coming off a Super Bowl loss that was almost a win. They are having a solid offseason so far and seem to be making smart moves making their team much stronger in depth and skill.

Jets are a mess as has been shown here on many threads. Enough said.

Miami is in a total disaray... I am thinking they decided when they knew Peyton wasn't coming that they would do their version of "Suck for Luck" this coming year in hopes of being bad enough to get the #1 pick and draft Matt Barkley, QB, USC... lets call it "being bad for Barkley"... doesn't have the same bang but...

Bills have some playmakers and added a Huge piece on defense obviously and their QB has another year of experience under his belt.  He's a smart guy with a decent arm and some playmakers to get the ball to. I am not much worried head to head as long as our Oline is as good as I think it will be, but they will get some wins and be in the mix for a wild card I bet.

Could it actually be the Bills are our competition this year in the AFC East?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: 2012 AFC East Thoughts

Yes they are, but still not close, at all by years end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

New England and the three dwarves.

The New York Jets locker room is toxic enough that free agents are turning down the team's offers on principle.  Not good.

Miami has a new coach and is still living through their Bill Parcells hangover.  Not this year.

The Bills were 1-7 in their last 8 games.  They have a pass rusher though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pats 14-2
    Bills 10-6
    Jets 6-10
    Fins 2-14

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In another thread earlier this year I had the Bills at #2. They lost their top players on both sides of the ball last year in DT Kyle Williams week 4 and RB Fred Jackson week 11. Plus had a slew of injuries to their offensive line. If they can be healthier and with Mario Williams and a good draft I could see them finishing above a dysfunctional Jets and a Dolphins team whose front office seems to be the offseason joke the past couple of years. Don't see them taking down the Pats as far as winning the East any time soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

It all depends on the Draft for the Bills. If they can add a couple of starting caliber pieces, maybe another linebacker, they'll be very tough. Fitzpatrick isn't a QB who is going to go out and win you a ton of games, but he's also not going to go out and lose you a ton either. Add a WR or impact TE to the group already there, and the running game is already set with Jackson and Spiller. This could be a very solid team.

With their first pick, I see them going one of 3 routes. If Floyd is available, he's a possibility. They could definitely benifit from Luke Keuchly to shore up the ILB spot, but I look for them to go with either an impact DE or a DT to make that a scary D line...which could really suck for the Pats, since that tends to be what their weakness is.

As for the Dolphins...it all depends on the Browns. If the Browns do the smart thing and realize McCoy had nobody to throw to, they pick Blackmon. I don't think any QB could really work with the heaps of nothing McCoy has. If you want to give him competition, nab a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. That would leave Tannehill for the Dolphins, and that gives you your typical rookie QB team. Who the heck knows what he'll do. With Marshall gone you need to get hime targets in the later rounds...but I think their D is talented enough that they could squeak out a handful of wins. It all depends on the kid. If they don't nab him...who knows what they do.

And then there's the Jets. I don't think there's any possible way to predict them. They have all the talen in the world (yes, even Sanchez) but the attitude problems are out of this world! Usually when you get a locker room like this with a Defensive minded coach you wind up with the Ravens, or the Cowboys. Their attitudes combine and are focused outside the locker room towards the rest of the league. But these guys...they all turn on each other. If Rex can get them to focus on the outside world, these guys could be scary...but if they continue to bicker amongst themselves...look out below because they're falling to the basement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The Patriots are still good enough to take first in our division. If we could sweep all of them, it'd be okay by meLaughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

I have a tough time pushing the bills past the Jets.  Good points above about Bills injuries and Jests locker room but the Bills always seem to find a way to choke and the Jets always seem to find a a way to be somewhat relevant.  As much as I hate the Jets and their fans even more,  I do respect Rex Ryan, he did a great job with Balt and 1st 2 yrs with NY.   Theres a good chance the Pats are 6-0 in the division and theres NO wildcard out of AFC east might be considered weakest division (top heavy)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Are people aware that Mario Williams has only played 18 games in the last 2 years?   I feel it's a nice pick up for them, but not at that price. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

pats 13-3(down from my initial 14-2)
    Bills 10-6(up from 8-8)
    Jets 8-8(sanchez has his worst year yet)
    Dolphins 0-16(such failure)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The Mario Williams deal is crazy when you look at the cost but I don't care about the money issues in this thread I am just talking on the field who is capable of what and the Bills are the only team in my view (realising the Jets seem to play over their heads and the Bills have a tendency to find ways to lose) that have a shot at a winning record.

I have for records:

Patriots 14-2
    Bills 9-7
    Jets 6-10
    Dolphins should be able to get 2 wins so I am saying 2-14 but they will go 0-16 if that is what it takes to get Barkley.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 AFC East Thoughts:
    [QUOTE]Are people aware that Mario Williams has only played 18 games in the last 2 years?   I feel it's a nice pick up for them, but not at that price. 
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

but he played like every game in his first 4 years