2012 Draft Revisited

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: 2012 Draft Revisited

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Wilson was a bust at 48.  Not a giant bust, but a wasted high pick IMO.

He won't be a starter next season, probably get less minutes if we add another D back or two and I bet he will not be on the team in 2 years. 

A bit early to make that determination, don't you think?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

very good post. The only point I would disagree on is calling Nate Ebner a "solid contributor." I like the guy and hope he succeeds but wouldn't label him that way yet. otherwise I beleiove you are spot on Hog!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I agree with folks that Wilson was a disappointment last year but I dont think he was drafted to be a safety per se, as much as he was drafted to be that hybrid S/LB who can cover TE's down the field and in the box. BB has been looking for that type of guy for a long time (think Tank Williams). His size and speed fit the bill, now he needs to perform.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Nice OP.

Hightower is a big question to me as to some degree he seems to duplicate Spikes skill set. I sort of wonder if Spikes is on the trading block or will be allowed to leave as a FA. He is a good player but a liability in passing situations. Mean and a big hitter in the run game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Nice OP.

Hightower is a big question to me as to some degree he seems to duplicate Spikes skill set. I sort of wonder if Spikes is on the trading block or will be allowed to leave as a FA. He is a good player but a liability in passing situations. Mean and a big hitter in the run game.

No doubt Spikes has limitations.  He is not a perfect player and a liability in coverage.  With that being said, I'll take him on my team ANY day.  The dude is quickly becoming the most feared hitter in the game, and the beauty of it is that they are clean hits.  He just destroys running backs and forces a lot of fumbles.  I can think of 2 games that he changed single-handedly last year when things weren't looking great for us:  1)  @ Buff when he leveled Spiller on the goal-line when they were threatening to go up 21-7.  2)  vs. Jets when he knocked Greene out and turned the momentum with a single hit.  I hope he remains a Patriot for a long time.  I think that both him & Hightower provide a solid foundation to our defense as we go forward, and both will improve. 

Sections
Shortcuts