2012 Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

2012 Draft

Has looked pretty f'ing good so far.  Jones and Hightower have been great additions and Dennard looks like a steal.  Ebner has been a great ST's guy and I know people are bitter about the Wilson pick, but the kid has made some plays and could develop into a solid player given time.  Bequette is the only total unknown at this point, but that isn't unexpected.  The coming offseason will be huge for him.  Obviously it is still REALLY early, but it everything looks great so far. 

In hindsight 2010-2012 has yielded DMC, Gronk, Hern, Spikes, Mesko, Deaderick, JC (who has played pretty well this year), Solder, Vereen, Ridley, Cannon and the guys from this year.  As well as Mallett who is again a bit of an unknown.  That's a pretty dam good yield imo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: 2012 Draft

Who would have thought that a 7th round draft pick---Dennard---would be playing such a critical role in turning the Patriot defense around? Step for step with Andre Johnson and steamed that he didn't get the pick. I like this guy alot!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Low round players and UDFAs will fight for food.....love em.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to trouts's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who would have thought that a 7th round draft pick---Dennard---would be playing such a critical role in turning the Patriot defense around? Step for step with Andre Johnson and steamed that he didn't get the pick. I like this guy alot!

[/QUOTE]

Kid was a Top 64 talent that had some character questions/off the field issues pre-draft, which caused him to slide come draft day... so his draft position was not indicative of his talent.  With that said, kid has really flashed some ability, love his physicality and aggressive play and he really looks confident in his abilities.  Def a steal at this point in the season... great pick by BB/NC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Henandez and Dennard. I bet any time BB sees minor charactor issues for a great player his eyes light up like Christmas tree.

MB is right. I had Dennard in the first three rounds prior to arrest. Heck I bet the cop that charged him is head of security at the Razor.....courtesy of Bob Kraft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

BTW In Talib, Dennard and Mc Courty we have three DBs that can tackle and wrap up. One of my huge pet peeves are DBs that can't tackle. Fewer YAC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW In Talib, Dennard and Mc Courty we have three DBs that can tackle and wrap up. One of my huge pet peeves are DBs that can't tackle. Fewer YAC.

[/QUOTE]

well said

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Kyle Arrington was down right great last night. He was the best special teams player we had and he was lock down in man to man. Also the first 2 series after Talib went down he went man to man on Andre. The last 4 weeks for Kyle Arrington has been the best 4 of his NFL career. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kyle Arrington was down right great last night. He was the best special teams player we had and he was lock down in man to man. Also the first 2 series after Talib went down he went man to man on Andre. The last 4 weeks for Kyle Arrington has been the best 4 of his NFL career. 

[/QUOTE]

Moving him back to the slot where BB likes him has really helped, I thought before his injury Ras would eventually raise his level of play and supplant Kyle as a starter, though I'm happy to see Dennard get involved all the same.  He looks exactly like Ty Law with his build, playing style and physicality, I know we throw a lot of superlatives around here but the resemblance is uncommon.

Good points by Hannah as well...