2012 NFL MOCK DRAFT (updated 4-25-12)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: 2012 NFL MOCK DRAFT (updated 4/16/12)

TP - cool with your responses, though still not sold on offensive line early. I could see them doubling down on safety as I am not sold on any of the current guys except Chung - for example could see them taking Johnson at 55 and then Taylor at 62 - and my only problem with Jones is that I don't trust the BE and think he may be overrated.
    The only reason I hope Upshaw/Perry are available at 27 is that I think they will be good trade bait as some other team will overvalue them. I can see Fleener being the same - some team wanting him before either SF or NYG get a chance at him and overpaying. Totally agree on the value proposition being in the second/early third round - but am counting on a few GMs to be desperate to get back to the end of the first for some imagined steal.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: 2012 NFL MOCK DRAFT (updated 4-25-12)

Here is my final 2012 mock draft. I can't wait til Thursday! The talent available in this class gives the Patriots a great opportunity Pats to fortify their front seven.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Hey TP - if the Pats can pull of you 4/25 trades then BB really is a genius! I actually think it would take that kind of value proposition to get BB to pass on Brockers.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Tex-  Your 4/25 mock is great.  If things unfolded like this, I would be doing cartwheels!  I hate passing on Brockers and not having a pick 'till #48, but if we could get the second round talent that you have projected, come away with 3 1st rounders next year, and make a low-cost deal for Stephen Jackson, I would take it in a heart-beat!  Great Job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sorry Tex, your mock made me cringe when I read it.  

Trading both 1st round picks when rookies cost about half of what they used to with the new CBA in place makes no sense.

Brandon Thompson is a run stuffer, capable of playing 4/3 tackle and maybe can play nose in the 3/4... maybe?  My guess is he'll slide to the middle/bottom of the 2nd round top of the 3rd, he'll make a solid Pro but in no way will dominate the line of scrimmage. Question is where does he fit as a Patriot and how is he any better than Kyle Love?

Vinny Curry is a stiff who ran a 4.98 forty and had below average shuttle times... out of the league in 4 years.

Derek Wolfe might possibly pan out, he would be a value pick in the 3rd round or beyond. He is strong but couldn't get his forty time down below 5, no explosion at all...

And Brandon Boykin is just a head scratcher, small (180 pounds) didn't run at either the combine or even at Georgia's Pro Day, at a position where we are already overloaded going into camp...  I don't get it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Kiper is a hack who has been caught accepting bribes from agents to pump up players.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 NFL MOCK DRAFT (updated 4-25-12):
    In Response to Re: 2012 NFL MOCK DRAFT (updated 4-25-12) :      Is Mike Mayock a "hack" too?
    Posted by TexasPat3

He is a TV personality, they cover all their tracks by saying something complimentary and critical of each player, that way they can be both right and wrong in a couple years when the results are in. At least Mayock played football on any level, Kiper knows less than nothing.

Thompson and Wolfe maybe have solid careers at the next level, Curry is gone, and Boykins is way too much of an unknown and too small to draft high. 

You won't get this kind of honesty from a talking head.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I think the Pats could trade back with both picks in the first but one thing I also think is they will not go so far back that they miss out on Kevin Zeitler OG/C or Peter Konz C as I think they have to come away with one of these guys because I am not sold on Connoly as an every down 16+ game Center. He is a terrific backup, and in the case of Zeitler he is a Patriot type guy who is not only smart (suposidly scored 30+ on wonderlic) but he plays all 3 inside positions and with Waters likely playing his last year before retiring he provides insurance inside at either C or RG depending on where he helps the most. Zeitler and Konz will both be going anywhere from 26 to 37 in most scenarios.

So depending on how the draft goes I could see them moving back and making a deal with lets say St. Louis and move #27 lets say for #33 along with #96.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts