2012 Patriots Complacent, Soft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: 2012 Patriots Complacent, Soft

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady has always said it's hard playing in the NFL.  I've heard him say that for years on WEEI.  Maybe some haven't picked up on that.

This team is mediocre.  Face it.  Two starting OL retired.  That hurts.  Past drafts, especially the Pioli/Belichick era.  Being at the end of every draft hasn't helped either.  I don't know what kind of defense the Pats are running.  I don't get it.  Everything seems to be about containing instead of getting after it.

RESPONSE: Amen! QAnd that goes for the offense, too. This team is so worried about its "D" that they're trying to go with ball control. That's not the way this offense operates. Spread 'em out...and attack!

We may be at the end of what we all feared would come.  This was one hell of a run.  Nobody else in football can match it.  Nobody.  But I believe it may be coming to an end and we're just seeing the start of it.  It happens.

RESPONSE: The talent still remains. But, the will appears to be lacking.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tom Brady: The guy is hearing footsteps...which is affecting his accuracy. Never Mr. Mobility, Tom isn't very good behind the center. Teams know that when Tom goes behind the center, that it's a running play. He's best in the shotgun. Turn him loose! He's a Hall of Fame QB! Why aren't the Pats putting the game in his hands, rather than in the hands of RB Stevan Ridley and the "D"?? according to texas Pat

I know --lets trade Brady to the Ravens for Flacco he's young, big arm --makes great decisions, We know Flacco can take the Patriots to the Super Bowl!!

I know --lets trade Brady to Carolina for CAM NEWTON!!!!! yes he's young got a big arm--yeah he can take the Pats to the SB

or better yet Kraft should fire that stupid Belichick, cause he can't draft, makes bad game decisions and PLEASE take that dam McDaniels with him

and on and on and on!!

They won !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

If the Pats do nothing this season, they should try to trade Brady...say...to the 49ers for a bevy of picks. Trade a 36 year old Brady for Newton or Flacco? Not a bad idea. If the Pats can't win the weak AFC this year, it's probably time to go in a different direction. Or, would you prefer going with a 36 year old Brady...and playing .500 ball in 2013?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moaning

Whining

Irrational expectations...

#1 offense in the NFL and there's a huge problem with the offensive coordinator...

Maybe Tommy is on to something?  Whoever thought this season in the NFL was going to be easy with new coaches and (young) players was fooling themselves.  There's always a learning curve, whether it be new players or coaches. 

Get real, stop your moaning. If the playoffs started today we'd be in because we lead our division.  It's a long season.  Grow a pair, it's embarrassing...

In BB we trust.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...how dare we complain. Are you happy with the way this team is playing? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Spare you?

Spare you of, what

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spare you?

Spare you of, whatRESPONSE: Of the BS excuses. This team, for whatever reason, is grossly underachieving. Here's a good article on what is becoming clear for all to see:  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/22/sports/football/patriots-of-old-are-absent-against-the-tattered-jets.html?ref=football&_r=0

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A whole bunch of our defensive players are 22 year's old, when the speed of the game slows down for them we'll be much improved. 

We have the talent to beat anyone, I take heart in that and that we have many players on this team that have Super Bowl and post season experience. 

As long as we win the remainder of our games and make the playoff's I'll be happy, either way I won't be whining like a little girl, pointing the finger in all the wrong directions.  We have yet to play our best football, I'm enjoying watching them grow, regardless of growing pains. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Wozzy's right, we can beat anyone. We can also lose to anyone. That's the nature of today's NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A whole bunch of our defensive players are 22 year's old, when the speed of the game slows down for them we'll be much improved. 

RESPONSE: Agreed. But, the young kids aren't really the problem. Aside from the 22 year old Chandler Jones, there's still no pass rush. 

We have the talent to beat anyone, I take heart in that and that we have many players on this team that have Super Bowl and post season experience.

RESPONSE: Agreed. That's why I'm so frustrated and angry with this bunch. They are underachieving. 

As long as we win the remainder of our games and make the playoff's I'll be happy, either way I won't be whining like a little girl, pointing the finger in all the wrong directions.

RESPONSE: You're such a homer. Again...are you happy with the effort this team is putting out, and the way they're playing? This isn't Game 3...we're nearly at the half-way point of the season...and the toughest part of the Pats' schedule is yet to come.  

We have yet to play our best football, I'm enjoying watching them grow, regardless of growing pains.

RESPONSE: Really? So...you enjoyed that putrid performance against Arizona? You enjoyed that inspiring effort in Seattle? You enjoyed that stellar performance against the pitiful Jets yesterday? You enjoyed that choke in Baltimore? LOL!!! 

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

My goodness, I actually find myself agreeing with Ron Borges: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20221022not_much_to

_celebrate_troubling_signs_in_unconvincing_win/

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

By the way Tex, while you were gone, you missed Leon's glorious return.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My goodness, I actually find myself agreeing with Ron Borges: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20221022not_much_to

_celebrate_troubling_signs_in_unconvincing_win/

[/QUOTE] You are Ron Borges.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe what he said was uncharacteristic and might be viewed as a cop out, but it is true.  Games are hard to win especially with the system of creating parity and Pat's fans are probably the most spoiled and fickle in the world.

RESPONSE: Spare me. Games weren't so hard to win last year...or the year before that. On paper, this team is better than last years' group. The Pats are having trouble with mediocre teams such as the Cards and Jets, at home.  

People lose their minds if they are not blowing out teams, against top D's, despite being the #1 O with one of the worst D's ever.

RESPONSE: Again...spare me. The Pats are having trouble beating mediocre teams, and have failed to put together 4 good quarters of football all season long.

yesterday was not their best effort but they did come back to  tie in the last minute after a horendous fumble and lead loss. 

RESPONSE: Not their best effort?? It's about as well as they've played all season. When are we going to see their "best effort"? Why aren't we seeing their "best effort"? It's time that we all stopped making excuses for this team. Coming off what happened in Seattle...this was an extremely disappointing performance.

[/QUOTE]

TEXAS... Good to hear from you ;you are spot on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

brady is right we have been spoiled, but with that being said, ive never heard a player actually say that before.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wozzy's right, we can beat anyone. We can also lose to anyone. That's the nature of today's NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with this.  We are the defending AFC champions and everyone brings their best against us. we have played like crap in every game for about one quarter and have only lost three games by a total of four points.  We have a hurt o-line.  Mankins may not be the greatest lineman but he brings toughness and nastiness.  We will win our division, but how much further we go I don't know.  We have half a season to pull it together so keep the faith.  What other team would you want to be a fan of for the last decade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]

Had to take a break a vent. I've never been so disappointed in Tom Brady til I read his whine about how the Pats have spoiled the fans, and how winning in the NFL is hard. Oh...boo-hoo, Tom: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/22/tom-brady-maybe-we-spoiled-people/ 

[/QUOTE]

Didnt hear the interview, so I dont know for sure, but I doubt very seriously that when Brady said, "Maybe we just spoiled some people" that his tone was whiny

Tom Brady, not a whiner

And there hasnt been a post-game press onference in the last five years where he hasnt said, "It's tough to win in this league". Nothing new here. It's what he does. He says it all the time

So dont be too disappointed now...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think Brady goes anywhere. He retires a patriot because of what he means to the franchise from historical perspective . I am sure BB would love to cash him in for a couple of firsts, and then trade down for 14 3rd round picks , but Kraft won't have it. 

If Brady has lot his spark, his hyper competitive edge, BB needs to have a chat with him. I will be honest, I have seen Bradresiding the bench more this year and quiet than he has been in years past. The old Brady wouLD be on the sideline or moving up and down the bench motivating both offensive and defensive players. 

The team appears soft for 3 reasons

Brady'a lack of spark..he needs to remember why he loves this game..seems to be going through the motions this year, lack of emotion.

Both sides of the ball missing the killer instinct of years past. Defense needs to attack and so does tthe offense . Please BB be more aggressive. Aggresbuilds a good thing and I don't care if the secondary gets burnt because of it...

Injuries...OL, TE and some other key injuries on the defense. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

"I don't think Brady goes anywhere. He retires a patriot because of what he means to the franchise from historical perspective . I am sure BB would love to cash him in for a couple of firsts, and then trade down for 14 3rd round picks , but Kraft won't have it."

How many of those 14 picks would be defensive backs who can't cover?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We'd be in much better shape if Lloyd didn't drop 2 easy TD passes every game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Brady goes anywhere. He retires a patriot because of what he means to the franchise from historical perspective . I am sure BB would love to cash him in for a couple of firsts, and then trade down for 14 3rd round picks , but Kraft won't have it. 

RESPONSE: Why not? Joe Montana and Peyton Manning were traded late in their careers. Both were iconic figures for their teams, too.  

If Brady has lot his spark, his hyper competitive edge, BB needs to have a chat with him. I will be honest, I have seen Bradresiding the bench more this year and quiet than he has been in years past. The old Brady wouLD be on the sideline or moving up and down the bench motivating both offensive and defensive players. 

RESPONSE: I just don't see the same fire in the guy. Unfortunately, he's not alone. No one, save Wes Welker, is playing particularly well. 

The team appears soft for 3 reasons

Brady'a lack of spark..he needs to remember why he loves this game..seems to be going through the motions this year, lack of emotion.

RESPONSE: If Tom needs to remember his love for the game, it's time for him to retire.

Both sides of the ball missing the killer instinct of years past. Defense needs to attack and so does tthe offense . Please BB be more aggressive. Aggresbuilds a good thing and I don't care if the secondary gets burnt because of it...

RESPONSE: Amen, brother. Part of the blame must fall on the coaches, too. DC Matt Patricia, OC Josh McDaniels, and DB coach Josh Boyer are not getting it done. As soon as Romeo Crennel gets canned in KC, BB should bring him back aboard.  

Injuries...OL, TE and some other key injuries on the defense.

RESPONSE: The injuries haven't been that bad.  This team lacks heart, determination, and a mean streak. 

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I don't think Brady goes anywhere. He retires a patriot because of what he means to the franchise from historical perspective . I am sure BB would love to cash him in for a couple of firsts, and then trade down for 14 3rd round picks , but Kraft won't have it."

How many of those 14 picks would be defensive backs who can't cover?

[/QUOTE]

Lol, Hate to say it but it's true.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

We'd be in much better shape if Lloyd didn't drop 2 easy TD passes every game.

[/QUOTE]

I never understood what the hype of Lloyd was all about. He only had one good season while the rest were pretty mediocre. I was reprimanded for saying such by rusty or someone last summer.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Injuries haven't been much of a factor. Every team has them and many have worse than us. One of the trademarks of Patriot teams in the past was how they moved on business as usual when someone went down.

Sections
Shortcuts