2012 Patriots Complacent, Soft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: 2012 Patriots Complacent, Soft

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Injuries haven't been much of a factor. Every team has them and many have worse than us. One of the trademarks of Patriot teams in the past was how they moved on business as usual when someone went down.

[/QUOTE]

Too many folks here are straining to make excuses for the 2012 edition. The fans at Gilette that were booing them on Sunday had it right. This bunch deserves to be booed. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The offense and defense are both to blame for the Pats poor showing this season: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8539825/new-england-patriots-offense-just-worrisome-defense

Here's a Cold, Hard look at the Pats' pathetic performance against the Jets: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tom-brady-and-the-patriots-win-the-mediocre-bowl-ot-over-the-jets/18557/

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

LMAO

This board is hysterical - I think it's a riot when Patriot fans argue and insult one another. What great entertainment. It's almost as good as watching the drama unfold when watching the Patriots play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

keep up the great work Pat.

This site will be always be full of Brady Apolgists. they base everything on what he has done in the past. hey I commend the loyalty but if The Golden Boy keeps up this latest body of work he'll hear a lot more then Boo's in here.

They are a vicious group along with being a little wishy washy. I know it's a crazy combo but it is what it is. Good luck and don't take anything too seriously from this bunch.

Just do what I do-Consider the source and move on.Works like a charm.

Y'all have a nice day now ...ya'hear!?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that Brady is the problem. He's part of the solution. His OL is failing him, and his Coordinator,  Josh McDaniels, can't decide how to attack. The Pats need to go back to putting Tom in the shotgun, where he's most effective...and spreading the field. The running game should be confined to draw plays...pretty much as it has been over the past two years. Injuries to Mankins, Gronk, and Hernandez have taken their toll as well. That hip injury appears to be really hampering Gronk. He's not playing anywhere near the level he did last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Had to take a break a vent. I've never been so disappointed in Tom Brady til I read his whine about how the Pats have spoiled the fans, and how winning in the NFL is hard. Oh...boo-hoo, Tom: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/22/tom-brady-maybe-we-spoiled-people/ 

Is isn't like this team is losing close games to the NY Giants, Packers, or 49ers. They are having a tough time with lightweights, such as the Cardinals, Seahawks, and, yesterday, the Jets. This team is consistently failing to stick the dagger in these weaklings...allowing them to hang around. They were within an inch of blowing out the Ravens in Baltimore.

So...whats' wrong with the Patriots?

1.) OC Josh McDaniels: The Pats can't seem to decide whether to be a smash mouth team, or to go back to the spread offense that has worked so well over the past several seasons. This indecisiveness reflects in the play-calling, and has rendered the offense far less aggressive and dynamic. Tom Brady has, and always has been, best in the shot-gun. The running game should be used as a diversionary tactic to the staple passing attack. Draws and screens are fine. But, shortening the game with the run allows inferior teams to hand around. The Pats, with their firepower, should be blowing teams like the Seahawks and Jets away. There's little chance for 4th quarter heroics when a team is down 3 TDs;

2.) Tom Brady: The guy is hearing footsteps...which is affecting his accuracy. Never Mr. Mobility, Tom isn't very good behind the center. Teams know that when Tom goes behind the center, that it's a running play. He's best in the shotgun. Turn him loose! He's a Hall of Fame QB! Why aren't the Pats putting the game in his hands, rather than in the hands of RB Stevan Ridley and the "D"??

3.) DB Coach Josh Boyer: Can somebody please tell me why this guy still has a job? The secondary is awful for the 2nd straight year. For whatever reason, he's not getting the best out of his guys. Even when a coach is given lemons to work with, his job is to make lemonaide;

4.) Conditioning: The Pats repeatedly are dying in the 4th quarter. Could this be a reason?

5.) This Team Isn't Hungry: Other teams appear to want it more. The 2012 Pats are constantly allowing teams to come from behind and beat them;

6.) Where is BB?: I can't believe BB isn't going off on his guys. They haven't looked like the Patriots all season;

7.) Brandon Lloyd: Time for McDaniels to  go back to the Billy O'Brien (remember him?) offense, and stop worrying about making Lloyd happy. He's a complimentary piece...nothing more;

8.) Pass Rush?: Horrible. Guys like Mark Sanchez and, God help us...Russell Wison, are being made to look like Joe Montana. This team has one guy who can pressure the QB...Chandler Jones. Blitzes, anybody?

9.) DBs: Still a disaster...and still get beaten deep on a regular basis (see Josh Boyer, above);

10.) Lack of Leadership: Spare me about how winning is hard, Tom. After that debacle in Seattle Tom, in which the likes of Richard Sherman did everything but spit in your face...I really expected this team to destroy the Jets. But no...it was the usual, tepid, go through the motions, and let them hang around, performance. Such play hasn't been seen in these parts since 2002. Other than Brandon Spikes, I see no player willing to take the bull by the horns, and get this thing turned around. This team has far to much talent to be playing this way. The only thing that appears to stand in the way of them and another SB appearance is their unwillingness to pay the price to win, and Houston's 6'8" DE, J.J. Watts.

Where have you gone, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, and Willie McGinest?       

[/QUOTE]

TexasPat I happen to agree with you 100% on EVERY point! As I was reading I kept thinking Wow someone feels exactly like I do. Well though out and lucid post. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You should be disappointed TP. He was talking about you.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Brady goes anywhere. He retires a patriot because of what he means to the franchise from historical perspective . I am sure BB would love to cash him in for a couple of firsts, and then trade down for 14 3rd round picks , but Kraft won't have it. 

RESPONSE: Why not? Joe Montana and Peyton Manning were traded late in their careers. Both were iconic figures for their teams, too.  

If Brady has lot his spark, his hyper competitive edge, BB needs to have a chat with him. I will be honest, I have seen Bradresiding the bench more this year and quiet than he has been in years past. The old Brady wouLD be on the sideline or moving up and down the bench motivating both offensive and defensive players. 

RESPONSE: I just don't see the same fire in the guy. Unfortunately, he's not alone. No one, save Wes Welker, is playing particularly well. 

The team appears soft for 3 reasons

Brady'a lack of spark..he needs to remember why he loves this game..seems to be going through the motions this year, lack of emotion.

RESPONSE: If Tom needs to remember his love for the game, it's time for him to retire.

Both sides of the ball missing the killer instinct of years past. Defense needs to attack and so does tthe offense . Please BB be more aggressive. Aggresbuilds a good thing and I don't care if the secondary gets burnt because of it...

RESPONSE: Amen, brother. Part of the blame must fall on the coaches, too. DC Matt Patricia, OC Josh McDaniels, and DB coach Josh Boyer are not getting it done. As soon as Romeo Crennel gets canned in KC, BB should bring him back aboard.  

Injuries...OL, TE and some other key injuries on the defense.

RESPONSE: The injuries haven't been that bad.  This team lacks heart, determination, and a mean streak. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Tex,

EXACTLY what I've been saying for over a month now.... there is NO aspect of this Pats team that ANY opposing absolutely fears before a game. Not Brady and the offense, not the defense, and most especially not the Pats passing defense. They have forgotten to play in all 4 Qtrs. Save for the last 1:36 Sunday, we'd be staring down a 3-4 record. But, some folks would be whining having four losses by a total of "X" points. (Funny how their love of Brady fogs their ability to see the ongoing complete lack of ANY offensive production in the 4th Qtr. Amazing!)

We consistently see the DB's getting gashed time and time again for big plays. Rose colored glasses fans don't yelp in the first half because the offense is generating points. Yet, in the 4th, when the rubber meets the road, and Brady and his Band of Suddenly Apparent Inepts hit the field, it's the DB's that are losing these games. Same play in all Qtrs, but now they and they alone take the heat.

My God! Some folks here have become what we've despised from Colt and other trolls...... STAT HOGS. As long as Brady throws numbers up, he's great, terrific, can father my offspring. Hasn't won a darn thing (as defined by Super Bowls and actual/real championships, the ONLY measurement we used when "discussing" Mr Pay-a-ton, if you recall) since becoming All World. Pads HOF stats, but does nothing to prompt a parade in downtown Boston in February.

Welcome back, my friend!   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't think Brady goes anywhere. He retires a patriot because of what he means to the franchise from historical perspective . I am sure BB would love to cash him in for a couple of firsts, and then trade down for 14 3rd round picks , but Kraft won't have it. 

RESPONSE: Why not? Joe Montana and Peyton Manning were traded late in their careers. Both were iconic figures for their teams, too.  

If Brady has lot his spark, his hyper competitive edge, BB needs to have a chat with him. I will be honest, I have seen Bradresiding the bench more this year and quiet than he has been in years past. The old Brady wouLD be on the sideline or moving up and down the bench motivating both offensive and defensive players. 

RESPONSE: I just don't see the same fire in the guy. Unfortunately, he's not alone. No one, save Wes Welker, is playing particularly well. 

Brady'a lack of spark..he needs to remember why he loves this game..seems to be going through the motions this year, lack of emotion.

RESPONSE: If Tom needs to remember his love for the game, it's time for him to retire.

Both sides of the ball missing the killer instinct of years past. Defense needs to attack and so does tthe offense . Please BB be more aggressive. Aggresbuilds a good thing and I don't care if the secondary gets burnt because of it...

RESPONSE: Amen, brother. Part of the blame must fall on the coaches, too. DC Matt Patricia, OC Josh McDaniels, and DB coach Josh Boyer are not getting it done. As soon as Romeo Crennel gets canned in KC, BB should bring him back aboard.  

RESPONSE: The injuries haven't been that bad.  This team lacks heart, determination, and a mean streak. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Tex,

EXACTLY what I've been saying for over a month now.... there is NO aspect of this Pats team that ANY opposing absolutely fears before a game. Not Brady and the offense, not the defense, and most especially not the Pats passing defense. They have forgotten to play in all 4 Qtrs. Save for the last 1:36 Sunday, we'd be staring down a 3-4 record. But, some folks would be whining having four losses by a total of "X" points. (Funny how their love of Brady fogs their ability to see the ongoing complete lack of ANY offensive production in the 4th Qtr. Amazing!)

We consistently see the DB's getting gashed time and time again for big plays. Rose colored glasses fans don't yelp in the first half because the offense is generating points. Yet, in the 4th, when the rubber meets the road, and Brady and his Band of Suddenly Apparent Inepts hit the field, it's the DB's that are losing these games. Same play in all Qtrs, but now they and they alone take the heat.

My God! Some folks here have become what we've despised from Colt and other trolls...... STAT HOGS. As long as Brady throws numbers up, he's great, terrific, can father my offspring. Hasn't won a darn thing (as defined by Super Bowls and actual/real championships, the ONLY measurement we used when "discussing" Mr Pay-a-ton, if you recall) since becoming All World. Pads HOF stats, but does nothing to prompt a parade in downtown Boston in February.

Welcome back, my friend!   

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Az! Been very, very busy. It's still crazy...but the Pats are driving me crazy with their tepid, lackadaisical play. Shame on Tom Brady for calling our fan base "spoiled". I'm really disappointed in him. He always used to be the guy who take the blame on his rare bad days...no whines, and no excuses. But..."it's hard to win"..."maybe we spoiled our fans"?? Pleeeaaasssse!!

This teams needs a collective good swift kick in the azzz, Az.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I agree with you and hope this changes soon. I'm not sure it will though. History says the defense will improve and the offense hasn't got on track consistently but has all of the weapons to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Thanks Az! Been very, very busy. It's still crazy...but the Pats are driving me crazy with their tepid, lackadaisical play. Shame on Tom Brady for calling our fan base "spoiled". I'm really disappointed in him. He always used to be the guy who take the blame on his rare bad days...no whines, and no excuses. But..."it's hard to win"..."maybe we spoiled our fans"?? Pleeeaaasssse!!

This teams needs a collective good swift kick in the azzz, Az.

[/QUOTE]

he's right, most of u guys are now yankee fans north

btw is this really you tex? sounds like u r taking rusty lessons

Yankee fans north?? Give me a break! The Sox were smart enough to dump their high salaried primadonnas. Thank God for Magic Johnson and the Dodgers. How ironic that Magic saved the Sox franchise.

As for the Yanks, they're as close to winning a WS as the Red Sox. A-Rod is a $30mil. per year millstone around their neck. The Grandyman hit 43 homers, but hit .232...and I believe he led the league in Ks. Mark Teixera is a $23mil. per year, .250 hitter. Like the Sox, the Yanks should dump these guys if they can, and rebuild.

Comparing me to Rusty?? Gee, thanks, Jints!   

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I really wish the Pats would play there best football in weeks 3-10. So all the fools on this board could be happy. 4-3 is the third best record in the AFC and the Pats havn't played a good game yet this year. Its better to click as a team going into the playoffs, rather than week 7. Save your drama for your mama all you homers. This team is a superbowl caliber team and its fine with me if they are not in perfect form during week 7. The season is not even half way through yet!!!!! I REMEMBER YOU ALL INCLUDING TP WRITING THEM OFF LAST YEAR AROUND WEEK 10. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Pat, not your best work man. Brady is not having his best season but he's right, many Pats fans are spoiled and right now, you sound like one of them. The commentary after the game sounded like we had lost. Brady didn't make you suck on a lemon, you put that in your mouth yourself.

I have news for you, the "lightweights" you described (with the possible exception of Arizona, which went undefeated for a while there) are actually pretty good teams. 

It's hard coming back the year after you lose in the Super Bowl, team after team has struggled with this. 

I'd hate to read what you would post if the Pats were second in the division, or how about last place? 

We've got a lot of young players and some beat up guys of importance also. Time to man up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Because of Kraft. 

It's hard to judge a players fire. Everything on this team starts with Brady. Everyone looks up to him, and he sets the tone and example. 

Injuries have been bad. One reason why the secondary cant build any continuity.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think one thing is missing from all of this discussion is the construction of the "Patriots" organization and coaching staff. In another post I said the following:

I Believe in BB and I love his coaching style, but he has now built a very insular coaching staff that is like the old royalty families.... too much inbreeding. We use to come out of half time with a new improved game plan and make other teams weaknesses our strengths. Now we play the same throughout the game, try not to lose....

BB needs to instill passion and emotion back on this team. Football is an emotional game. We need the fire. We see flashes of this but when everything is trying to be controlled, you can't allow the emotional piece. BB needs to cultivate the emotion and let loose some of the control. Let players show emotions in interviews, let them play instinctually a bit and make a play, let them use their god given talent instead of applying a technique.

Good Skill + Good Coaching + Good Planning + Good Play Calling + Passion = success

Coaches and players need to stop playing to "not lose" and instead, play to kill the opponent. We are missing that passion and that fire on both sides of the ball. You have to allow people a little freedom to show they are champions. Every team has good coaches and good skills, they need passion and desire to push them over the top. Right now we are missing the passion and the fire. Coaches need to push back on Bill and take a few risks to win the game. Bill can't do it all because even if he is the best he is still only one person and eventually he becomes the gate that stops growth.

We have a system that provides wins every year and works well, we need to push it to provide excellence and championships. We need that edge back.

I also think that Brady was disappointed in the receiver corp he has now. I think he wanted Gaffney and or Stallworth to stick around. I think his opinion was not listened too and OC basically put him in a postion of "its my call, just do your job", so instead of having a fire to make it happen, he does what he is told to do.

Let loose of the reins a little when you have a stallion that knows where to go and you will get there faster.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

Had to take a break a vent. I've never been so disappointed in Tom Brady til I read his whine about how the Pats have spoiled the fans, and how winning in the NFL is hard. Oh...boo-hoo, Tom: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/22/tom-brady-maybe-we-spoiled-people/ 

Is isn't like this team is losing close games to the NY Giants, Packers, or 49ers. They are having a tough time with lightweights, such as the Cardinals, Seahawks, and, yesterday, the Jets. This team is consistently failing to stick the dagger in these weaklings...allowing them to hang around. They were within an inch of blowing out the Ravens in Baltimore.

1.) OC Josh McDaniels: The Pats can't seem to decide whether to be a smash mouth team, or to go back to the spread offense that has worked so well over the past several seasons. This indecisiveness reflects in the play-calling, and has rendered the offense far less aggressive and dynamic. Tom Brady has, and always has been, best in the shot-gun. The running game should be used as a diversionary tactic to the staple passing attack. Draws and screens are fine. But, shortening the game with the run allows inferior teams to hand around. The Pats, with their firepower, should be blowing teams like the Seahawks and Jets away. There's little chance for 4th quarter heroics when a team is down 3 TDs;

2.) Tom Brady: The guy is hearing footsteps...which is affecting his accuracy. Never Mr. Mobility, Tom isn't very good behind the center. Teams know that when Tom goes behind the center, that it's a running play. He's best in the shotgun. Turn him loose! He's a Hall of Fame QB! Why aren't the Pats putting the game in his hands, rather than in the hands of RB Stevan Ridley and the "D"??

3.) DB Coach Josh Boyer: Can somebody please tell me why this guy still has a job? The secondary is awful for the 2nd straight year. For whatever reason, he's not getting the best out of his guys. Even when a coach is given lemons to work with, his job is to make lemonaide;

4.) Conditioning: The Pats repeatedly are dying in the 4th quarter. Could this be a reason?

5.) This Team Isn't Hungry: Other teams appear to want it more. The 2012 Pats are constantly allowing teams to come from behind and beat them;

6.) Where is BB?: I can't believe BB isn't going off on his guys. They haven't looked like the Patriots all season;

7.) Brandon Lloyd: Time for McDaniels to  go back to the Billy O'Brien (remember him?) offense, and stop worrying about making Lloyd happy. He's a complimentary piece...nothing more;

8.) Pass Rush?: Horrible. Guys like Mark Sanchez and, God help us...Russell Wison, are being made to look like Joe Montana. This team has one guy who can pressure the QB...Chandler Jones. Blitzes, anybody?

9.) DBs: Still a disaster...and still get beaten deep on a regular basis (see Josh Boyer, above);

10.) Lack of Leadership: Spare me about how winning is hard, Tom. After that debacle in Seattle Tom, in which the likes of Richard Sherman did everything but spit in your face...I really expected this team to destroy the Jets. But no...it was the usual, tepid, go through the motions, and let them hang around, performance. Such play hasn't been seen in these parts since 2002. Other than Brandon Spikes, I see no player willing to take the bull by the horns, and get this thing turned around. This team has far to much talent to be playing this way. The only thing that appears to stand in the way of them and another SB appearance is their unwillingness to pay the price to win, and Houston's 6'8" DE, J.J. Watts.

[/QUOTE]

TP, while I think Brady has been great this season, I agree with you NE actually needs to pass more. Not needs, because they are doing just fine offensively, but it would likely lengthen the games a touch.

Stats 101, Ernie Adams style. In a longer contest, the advantage is ceded to the team with a better offense. In a shorter contest, the advantage goes to the team with a better defense. Running the ball (despite what people contend here) does not get 'rest' for the defense, because the real world clock keeps running even if the game clock stops. But it does shorten the amount of total possessions per game. Why ... why.... would you want to shorten the total possessions when you have the best offense in football? Not so sure. 

More, most, importantly, in a longer contest the advantage goes to the more talented team. In a shorter contest flukes are more likely to happen. This is key, this is how NE won against the Rams in 01. 

If the answer is, to keep your p!ss poor defense off the field, then your only real solution is to improve your defense. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really wish the Pats would play there best football in weeks 3-10. So all the fools on this board could be happy. 4-3 is the third best record in the AFC and the Pats havn't played a good game yet this year. Its better to click as a team going into the playoffs, rather than week 7. Save your drama for your mama all you homers. This team is a superbowl caliber team and its fine with me if they are not in perfect form during week 7. The season is not even half way through yet!!!!! I REMEMBER YOU ALL INCLUDING TP WRITING THEM OFF LAST YEAR AROUND WEEK 10. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree. I really hope this year the Pats play their best in the playoffs instead of like the last few years and even in 2007 where they have put together some of the best regular seasons of all time only to run out of steam in the playoffs. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Welcome Back Tex! I enjoy reading this thread/post vent/rant from you.  Your points of view are well expressed. This has been a very head scratching season regarding getting all the moving parts of the 2012 team best play for 60 minutes. You have listed the glaring defiencies on the team. But yep... there are postives to be had. I disagree with TB that the Pats have spoiled fans- and it does seem out fo character for him. Remember Humble Pie?

The talent is there and where there is a will there should be a way. Trip across the pond and then bye week should give the Pats all the time they need for gut checks and adjustments.

Keep your posts coming!

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yawn! Who wrote them off last year...and where did I say that I'm writing them off now?? This team has the talent to play much better ball...but are underachieving to date. Do you deny that? If this team doesn't start getting with it soon, they'll be writing themselves off.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pat, not your best work man. Brady is not having his best season but he's right, many Pats fans are spoiled and right now, you sound like one of them.

RESPONSE: Give me a break! Do you deny that this team is grossly underachieving? Pats fans are knowledgable...and know bad football when they see it. Brady sounds like he's whining. That's beneath him.

The commentary after the game sounded like we had lost. Brady didn't make you suck on a lemon, you put that in your mouth yourself.

RESPONSE: The Pats should have lost. But for a dropped pass by Jets' rookie WR Stephen Hill, they would have lost. They were awful against the Jets. Do you deny this?

have news for you, the "lightweights" you described (with the possible exception of Arizona, which went undefeated for a while there) are actually pretty good teams.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! Losing at home to Arizona and QB Kevin Kolb was a disgrace. The Pats compounded it by losing at Seattle, and making 5'10" rookie QB, Russell Wilson, look like Joe Montana. They also choked away the game to the Ravens. Do you deny that closing games has become a huge problem for this team?   

It's hard coming back the year after you lose in the Super Bowl, team after team has struggled with this.

RESPONSE: One sorry excuse. Should we accept the way the Pats are playing and write off this year, because they lost last years' SB? The AFC is weak, and there for the taking. 

I'd hate to read what you would post if the Pats were second in the division, or how about last place?

RESPONSE: Had they lost to the Jets, that's just where they would be. I'm not the only one troubled by the Pats' poor play. Read the papers...and check with Mike Reiss.  

We've got a lot of young players and some beat up guys of importance also. Time to man up.

RESPONSE: EXACTLY. It's time for this team to man up...not whine about how hard it is to win, or about how spoiled the fans are.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think one thing is missing from all of this discussion is the construction of the "Patriots" organization and coaching staff. In another post I said the following:

I Believe in BB and I love his coaching style, but he has now built a very insular coaching staff that is like the old royalty families.... too much inbreeding. We use to come out of half time with a new improved game plan and make other teams weaknesses our strengths. Now we play the same throughout the game, try not to lose....

BB needs to instill passion and emotion back on this team. Football is an emotional game. We need the fire. We see flashes of this but when everything is trying to be controlled, you can't allow the emotional piece. BB needs to cultivate the emotion and let loose some of the control. Let players show emotions in interviews, let them play instinctually a bit and make a play, let them use their god given talent instead of applying a technique.

Good Skill + Good Coaching + Good Planning + Good Play Calling + Passion = success

Coaches and players need to stop playing to "not lose" and instead, play to kill the opponent. We are missing that passion and that fire on both sides of the ball. You have to allow people a little freedom to show they are champions. Every team has good coaches and good skills, they need passion and desire to push them over the top. Right now we are missing the passion and the fire. Coaches need to push back on Bill and take a few risks to win the game. Bill can't do it all because even if he is the best he is still only one person and eventually he becomes the gate that stops growth.

We have a system that provides wins every year and works well, we need to push it to provide excellence and championships. We need that edge back.

I also think that Brady was disappointed in the receiver corp he has now. I think he wanted Gaffney and or Stallworth to stick around. I think his opinion was not listened too and OC basically put him in a postion of "its my call, just do your job", so instead of having a fire to make it happen, he does what he is told to do.

Let loose of the reins a little when you have a stallion that knows where to go and you will get there faster.

Amen, brother!

Sections
Shortcuts