2012 Patriots Complacent, Soft

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: 2012 Patriots Complacent, Soft

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

+100, add WHINY AND ENTITLED. Brady had it right. His little boys probably don't whine as much as some of the posters on here.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes...please forgive us for getting upset whenever the Pats lose to the likes of the Cardinals and Seahawks, are lucky to eek out a win over the punchless Jets, and show a propensity for tanking in the 4th quarter of games.

Time for Brady and the boys to stop WHINING about "how hard it is to win in the NFL", and about fan criticism. Time for this team to step up and do something to silence their critics. This team has far too much talent to be a mediocre club. Talk about feeling ENTITLED, it's time for this team to stop thinking that all they have to do to win is just to show up, or to play 3 good quarters of football.        

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing... Gostkowski could have made the field goal vs Arizona, the offense could have made one or two more first downs to seal the game vs Baltimore, and the defense could have made a stop against Seattle. The team could be 7-0, and you winey bey-otches would still be on here posting the same fooking crap week after week. The exact same thing happend last year when they were riding a 5 game winning streak and they just squeaked by Washington. People were saying trade Brady, fire BB, the DBs are horrible, Bill Obrien cant coach, they aren't winning big enough, we deserve them to be better, they aren't putting in the effort, they are soft... And you know what?? They went to the Super Bowl and were within a couple of plays of winning it. Do you really honestly believe you know more about football, more about how to build a team, and more about how to have success in the NFL than Bill Belichick? The team has four rookies STARTING on defense. The offensive line has gone through major changes. There are new guys being worked in at WR, LB and DL. There have been a number of injuries at WR, OL, RB, DB and LB, and they are about 6 plays from being undefeated. Rick Pitino was right, the negativity in this town stinks, and it $ucks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

inresponse to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing... Gostkowski could have made the field goal vs Arizona, the offense could have made one or two more first downs to seal the game vs Baltimore, and the defense could have made a stop against Seattle.

RESPONSE: And Asante Samuel could have made that interception of Eli Manning in SB 42, and Wes Welker could have made that catch last year, in SB 46. Yes...they could have made the plays necessary to win. But, they didn't. Furthermore, in each loss, the Pats gagged the game away in the 4th quarter.

The team could be 7-0, and you winey bey-otches would still be on here posting the same fooking crap week after week.

RESPONSE: Yeah, right...LOL!!!

The exact same thing happend last year when they were riding a 5 game winning streak and they just squeaked by Washington. People were saying trade Brady, fire BB, the DBs are horrible, Bill Obrien cant coach, they aren't winning big enough, we deserve them to be better, they aren't putting in the effort, they are soft... And you know what?? They went to the Super Bowl and were within a couple of plays of winning it.

RESPONSE: How is that the same thing? The Pats were coming off a 5 game winning streak, and beat the Redskins that day, in a similar fashion to how they beat the Broncos this year.  

Do you really honestly believe you know more about football, more about how to build a team, and more about how to have success in the NFL than Bill Belichick?

RESPONSE: Here it is...The "how dare you question BB" card. I'm not questioning BB. I am questioning the effort and the attitude of his team. I am questioning the performance of some of his assistants. I'm sure that BB is concerned as well.

The team has four rookies STARTING on defense.

RESPONSE: Excuse #1

The offensive line has gone through major changes.

RESPONSE: Excuse #2

There are new guys being worked in at WR, LB and DL.

RESPONSE: Excuse #3 

There have been a number of injuries at WR, OL, RB, DB and LB, and they are about 6 plays from being undefeated. Rick Pitino was right, the negativity in this town stinks, and it $ucks.

RESPONSE: Rick Pitino? He should be jailed for grand theft, after taking that huge amount of money, and leaving the Celtics in shambles. Every team deals with injuries. The young players, Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower, are an upgrade from what the Pats had out there last year. Brandon Lloyd is an upgrade over Chad Ochocinco. Both Wilson and Dennard are playing ahead of what the Pats had out there last year.  The McDaniels' offense looks out of sync, though Ridley is arguably an upgrade over BJGE. I'm sick and tired of koolaiders like you that don't hold our sports' teams accountable. That's one of the reasons why we suffered for so many years with the Red Sox.  

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Does this look complacent?  Spoiled much?

Priceless photo: Bill Belichick congratulates Rob Ninkovich after the game-winning play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

inresponse to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing... Gostkowski could have made the field goal vs Arizona, the offense could have made one or two more first downs to seal the game vs Baltimore, and the defense could have made a stop against Seattle.

RESPONSE: And Asante Samuel could have made that interception of Eli Manning in SB 42, and Wes Welker could have made that catch last year, in SB 46. Yes...they could have made the plays necessary to win. But, they didn't. Furthermore, in each loss, the Pats gagged the game away in the 4th quarter.

The team could be 7-0, and you winey bey-otches would still be on here posting the same fooking crap week after week.

RESPONSE: Yeah, right...LOL!!!

The exact same thing happend last year when they were riding a 5 game winning streak and they just squeaked by Washington. People were saying trade Brady, fire BB, the DBs are horrible, Bill Obrien cant coach, they aren't winning big enough, we deserve them to be better, they aren't putting in the effort, they are soft... And you know what?? They went to the Super Bowl and were within a couple of plays of winning it.

RESPONSE: How is that the same thing? The Pats were coming off a 5 game winning streak, and beat the Redskins that day, in a similar fashion to how they beat the Broncos this year.  

Do you really honestly believe you know more about football, more about how to build a team, and more about how to have success in the NFL than Bill Belichick?

RESPONSE: Here it is...The "how dare you question BB" card. I'm not questioning BB. I am questioning the effort and the attitude of his team. I am questioning the performance of some of his assistants. I'm sure that BB is concerned as well.

The team has four rookies STARTING on defense.

RESPONSE: Excuse #1

The offensive line has gone through major changes.

RESPONSE: Excuse #2

There are new guys being worked in at WR, LB and DL.

RESPONSE: Excuse #3 

There have been a number of injuries at WR, OL, RB, DB and LB, and they are about 6 plays from being undefeated. Rick Pitino was right, the negativity in this town stinks, and it $ucks.

RESPONSE: Rick Pitino? He should be jailed for grand theft, after taking that huge amount of money, and leaving the Celtics in shambles. Every team deals with injuries. The young players, Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower, are an upgrade from what the Pats had out there last year. Brandon Lloyd is an upgrade over Chad Ochocinco. Both Wilson and Dennard are playing ahead of what the Pats had out there last year.  The McDaniels' offense looks out of sync, though Ridley is arguably an upgrade over BJGE. I'm sick and tired of koolaiders like you that don't hold our sports' teams accountable. That's one of the reasons why we suffered for so many years with the Red Sox.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Accountable for what?? Because they dont WIN every freaking game and every frigging Super Bowl?? You really are an entitlement baby. Sorry dude, but sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Thats why they play the games. You want to be miserable because they aren't where you think they should be, then you go right ahead. This team has given me the greatest sports memories of my lifetime, including the Super Bowl losses. Every season is different, different players, different games, some wins some losses. Every season has ups and downs, each week is a new challenge. Its what makes this game so great. If the team wasn't giving maximum effort, maybe you would have a point. They haven't laid down and haven't quit under Bill Belichick, ever. Are the results always what I want? Of course not. The things I posted above are not excuses, as you label them. There is nothing to make excuses for. They are explainations for why things are not perfect right now. The team is young and growing. New guys are being put in critical positions. Show me another team that has 4 (and sometimes 5 if you count Ras-I) rookies on defense that is not having some growing pains. As good as Hightower and Jones look to be, remember Carter and Anderson were not slouches last year as you seem to misremeber. Lloyd is no doubt better than Ocho, but at this point he does not have the timing and experience that Branch had with Brady. It takes years of practice to get to the point where they know what the other is thinking and sees on the field and the play becomes second nature.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

BostonSportsFan111 you dont get it. The Pats have to win 67 to 0 while giving up 5 yards on the ground and 26 1/2 passing yards a game to be a decent team. We also have to have 480 passing yards and 259 rushing yards again to be a feared offense. 

But seriously there is a reason why every coach is just so happy to get a win in this league and you always here it. "It's not easy winning in the NFL." But for these Pats fans they need a Win EVERY week.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Pats should be undefeated but they aren't because they can't finish. They allow their opponents to stay close and then, unlike Sunday, they can't come up with the big play to save the day.   They have one of the softist schedules in the NFL.  What fans saw Sunday was a complete meltdown.  I don't know how anybody can defend this.  It was terrible football against a terrible team. 

Lots of us are on this board complaining but it doesn't mean we think or want to believe the season is done.  I'm hoping for changes in their approach to game planning.  I'm hoping Sundays display makes them look a little harder at their game plan.  Hopefully, this is a turning point in the season where the Pats get it together.  It can be a turning point in the other direction too.  The Rams game will tells us some things that's for sure.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Regular season wins has EVERYTHING to do with making the playoffs.  In 2008 11-5 wasn't good enough.  In other years (see: Seattle) 8-8 is good enough. 

Yes, this team, even playing beneath it's capabilities, should be 6-0 or 5-1.  But, it isn't.  It's 4-3. You don't lose to the Cards at home and you don't blow double digit leads in the 4th qtr to Seattle.

So, you go out and beat the Rams on Sunday.  You play them as if you're playing the Rams of 2001.  You play as if they are a must win.  You do that, win, and then as a team you start feeling really good about yourself, about your effort and its result.

[/QUOTE]

This team will make the playoffs!!!!!! Why do they need to be 6-0. Because so may teams have won superbowls underfeated, do your self a favor bub and go back and look at the past 10 years and tell me what seeds have won superbowls. The #1 seed is over rated, its better to go into the playoffs hot. The Patriots have played like complete crap and they still have the 3rd best record in the AFC, and the Pats have a ton of room to grow. They will get better but they don't have to be perfect during week 7 or 8. 

[/QUOTE]

maine, I'm simply saying that you have to go out there and get the W, ugly or pretty.  Sure, no team is perfect.  You don't make the playoffs on style points, you make them via math, unfortunately.  With the parity in the AFC right now, 4-3 makes the Pats 1 game better than a lot of teams.  The point is - you don't want to go on a 5 game tear in your last 5 weeks, finish 10-6 and find yourself on the outside....Right now, the Bills look like toast; Miami is 3-3; and the Jests are hanging around.  A loss in NY and suddenly it's a fight to the last week. 

[/QUOTE]

WHY NOT BE A DOG FIGHT??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? We have to be so spoiled we have to have the division wrapped up by week 12. The last two teams to win Superbowls the Packers and Giants both were in dog fights the last few weeks of the season and barely got in. It builds character. We are starting 4 rookies on defense. Each week they are getting better. McCourty moved to FS, he will get better. Ras-I is on the field, he will get better. Chung needs to get healthy and his swagger back. This team is slowly going to get better. But people like Texas expect the D to be great right now. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Dog fights build character and toughness and it doesn't matter if we win or lose by 1 point or 40 points....true, but not the point. The points here are about:

Meltdowns and not being able to close out games when it matters

Not being able to play 60 minutes of good football in all 3 phases

Curious play calling and decision making in key situations

Losing to teams we should be able to beat decisively

If the pats played a good, clean game and won or lost by 1 point I wouldn't mind and it wouldn't drI've me crazy. It's that they have the ppotential but can get it together consistently nor in all 3 phases of the game.Theirs week is key. If we can win in London, I hope we go into the bye week and BB reflects on what he needs to do to get us playing up to our ppotential 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I think we all can agree that this team has the talent to win in any game. But they have yet to come together. I dont think thats a bad thing because when we get in the playoffs and we have a bad game or a few turnovers this team will be mentally prepared. When the D needs to make a stop it knows they can(Jets game) or the O needs to march down score late into a game they know they can. Trust me I want to see this team win by 30 every week and its frustrating when they dont but if you take a step back and look at it this is a great chance for YOUNG team to build character. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Watched a bit of Mike and Mike this morning...something I rarely do. But, some good points were made about why the Patriots are struggling...offensively. The consensus was that the offense is underachieving, and that the coaching staff is out-smarting itself by getting away from what the team does best, to do the unexpected. In other words, if a team is going to gear up against the pass, the Pats will game plan to run the ball...rather than do what they do best, and dare the opposing team to stop them.

Folks, like it or not, the Pats are a finesse team...a passing team. They are very much like the old Peyton led Indianapolis Colts. What's wrong with that? The Colts consistently were a SB threat, though they never really won a SB (I discount the one they won in 2006, as that crown was stolen away from the Pats by the refs, and handed to Ol' Horseface).

Time to go back to being the old Colts, and not try to become something that they are not. Going smashmouth seemingly plays into the hands of their opponents.      

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

all the teams are soft.  There is to much money involved.  It's almost not a sport anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Pats losses have been so close it came down to who wanted it more, who could make that block or get to the passer etc. Winning close games means you have more heart, more desire and better conditioning than the opponent. Given that the talent is there and it is. The league has pretty good parity these days.

The win over the Jets was a good start for the team to build on - they won the close one this time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The Pats, under Bb, have always been a game specific offense and defense for that matter.

This is not new.  They always attack weakness and take out certain players who they feel will hurt them.

Don't all teams do this to degree? The recipe to beat the Pats is to keep TB off the field, disrupt timing, get after the qb and have their QB's attack an enemic secondary. Hang around in the game and let loose in the 4th.

The Pats are the old clots in the sense that they have a significant offense but a poorer than poor D. This was not a recipe for success for the clots and isn't for the Pats either.  It's Never a good idea to have one side of the ball carry the other as it puts too much pressure on the one carrying.

The Pats have been dealt a bad hand on D for a while now, whether it's bad drafting, players with potential not living up to it, injuries, or all of the above.  This can't be denied.

It's never a bad idea to make an O more diverse although I feel the coaches need to incorporate it better.  I see it disrupting timing a lot..  Too many stalled or non productive drives resulting in 3rd and longs and putting the O in the situation where they have to complete those high percentage passes to convert.

Perhaps that is the reason for the following, IDK as I haven't gone over every play but it makes sense that the added pressure has contributed to this.

THE PATS LEAD THE NFL IN DROPPED PASSES

On the surface, the New England Patriots are doing extremely well offensively. They have the No. 1 offense in the NFL and are top five in both rushing and passing.

But a deeper look inside the statistics reveals a few cracks in the armor. One telling stat is New England leads the NFL in dropped passes.

New England is tops in the league with 18 drops in seven games, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The drops are spread across the board. Skill players like tight end Rob Gronkowski (four) and receivers Brandon Lloyd (five) and Wes Welker (four) have all contributed.

The drops aren’t very noticeable when New England is scoring a league-high 31 points per game. The Patriots are marching up and down the field with their up-tempo offense and that masks a lot of mistakes.

But seven games are enough of a sample to be concerned about New England's case of the dropsies. The Patriots have been in a lot of close games already this season and that will continue in the second half of the season and most likely into the playoffs.

New England’s offense doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses, but this clearly is one of them. The good news is drops are correctable with more focus and concentration by New England’s tight ends, receivers and running backs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does this look complacent?  Spoiled much?

Priceless photo: Bill Belichick congratulates Rob Ninkovich after the game-winning play.

[/QUOTE]

"You saved my Asss Stinko!!!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

The Pats, under Bb, have always been a game specific offense and defense for that matter.

This is not new.  They always attack weakness and take out certain players who they feel will hurt them.

Don't all teams do this to degree? The recipe to beat the Pats is to keep TB off the field, disrupt timing, get after the qb and have their QB's attack an enemic secondary. Hang around in the game and let loose in the 4th.

The Pats are the old clots in the sense that they have a significant offense but a poorer than poor D. This was not a recipe for success for the clots and isn't for the Pats either.  It's Never a good idea to have one side of the ball carry the other as it puts too much pressure on the one carrying.

RESPONSE: I disagree. With the Polian passing rules, and the player safety rule changes, the NFL has become a passing league. To discount the old Colts as unsuccessful is silly. They won a tainted championship in 2006, should have gone undefeated in 2009 before barely losing to the Saints in the SB, and were serious threats to win a SB for seven years...from 2003-09. 

The Pats have been dealt a bad hand on D for a while now, whether it's bad drafting, players with potential not living up to it, injuries, or all of the above.  This can't be denied.

RESPONSE: True. How much of this, if any, do you attribute to poor coaching? I'm talking about the DC Matt Patricia, and DBs coach Josh Boyer. Do you think that a change is needed?   

It's never a bad idea to make an O more diverse although I feel the coaches need to incorporate it better.  I see it disrupting timing a lot..  Too many stalled or non productive drives resulting in 3rd and longs and putting the O in the situation where they have to complete those high percentage passes to convert.

RESPONSE: The Pats can't decide whether to play smashmouth, or to spread the field as we're used to seeing, and go aerial. As a rresult, the offense has no identity...and is doing neither well on a consistent basis. Their defense being what it is, it seems that the best path for the Pats is to return to the offense of 2010-11, and blodgeon teams to death. It's hard for lesser teams to stage 4th quarter heroics when they are down by 2 TD or more, entering the final quarter. Sure, the 2010 and 2011 Pats came up short of winning a championship...but barely, especially last season. Why fix what wasn't broken? 

Perhaps that is the reason for the following, IDK as I haven't gone over every play but it makes sense that the added pressure has contributed to this.

THE PATS LEAD THE NFL IN DROPPED PASSES

On the surface, the New England Patriots are doing extremely well offensively. They have the No. 1 offense in the NFL and are top five in both rushing and passing.

But a deeper look inside the statistics reveals a few cracks in the armor. One telling stat is New England leads the NFL in dropped passes.

New England is tops in the league with 18 drops in seven games, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The drops are spread across the board. Skill players like tight end Rob Gronkowski (four) and receivers Brandon Lloyd (five) and Wes Welker (four) have all contributed.

The drops aren’t very noticeable when New England is scoring a league-high 31 points per game. The Patriots are marching up and down the field with their up-tempo offense and that masks a lot of mistakes.

But seven games are enough of a sample to be concerned about New England's case of the dropsies. The Patriots have been in a lot of close games already this season and that will continue in the second half of the season and most likely into the playoffs.

New England's offense does'nt have a lot of weaknesses, but this clearly is one of them. The good news is drops are correctable with more focus and concentration by New England's tight ends, receivers and running backs

RESPONSE: I agree that the offensive troubles are correctable. But, time is growing short. Part of the problem with the dropsies and lack of concentration likely has to do with the fact that both Gronk (hip) and Hernandez (ankle) are playing hurt. I suspect that Gronk's injury is more serious than the Pats are letting on. I also realize that Logan Mankins is a man's man, playing on a still gimpy knee. Hopefully, with the bye week approaching, it will afford an opportunity to improve the condition of the walking wounded.     

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's a great article on Tom Brady. Hopefully, he can turn around his teams' propensity to implode in the 4th quarter of games, starting this Sunday: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/brady-stays-firmly-in-the-present/article_ae88e4dd-ebf1-56e7-bec2-12150aa5dee0.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

RESPONSE: True. How much of this, if any, do you attribute to poor coaching? I'm talking about the DC Matt Patricia, and DBs coach Josh Boyer. Do you think that a change is needed

I don't know if we have enough info to make that assumption because that's not something we ever see but I do think it's fair to add that to the list of defensive woes.  Can't rule it out.

But I also think BB is good at hiding weakness and using players strengths to their success, just don't think there is enough talent in the secondary to do that.

So if there's nothing or not much he can do there, the only other thing he can do is try to improve the O with diversity and basically try and keep the D off the field.

So far, the D is on the field 4 less minutes p/g than last year, unfortunately, that's not always enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: True. How much of this, if any, do you attribute to poor coaching? I'm talking about the DC Matt Patricia, and DBs coach Josh Boyer. Do you think that a change is needed

I don't know if we have enough info to make that assumption because that's not something we ever see but I do think it's fair to add that to the list of defensive woes.  Can't rule it out.

But I also think BB is good at hiding weakness and using players strengths to their success, just don't think there is enough talent in the secondary to do that.

So if there's nothing or not much he can do there, the only other thing he can do is try to improve the O with diversity and basically try and keep the D off the field.

So far, the D is on the field 4 less minutes p/g than last year, unfortunately, that's not always enough.

[/QUOTE]

COMMUNICATION!  Thats an often overlooked thing that is VERY important that I havent heard mention of. IF you ever notice when we DO have a good game in the back end(not often or latey) Bill always talks about how good the communication was. I know there are many variables but I actually would say right now its the biggest. Here me out... whats the biggest thing in common with the secondary s*cking...  Rodney Harrison being retired.. He was a great commincator. Before EVERY play you would see him yelling at all the Dbs getting them in place and STILL be able to get into positon HIMSELF. we took for granted how good he is, but also communication should be adressed and its something I think Chung is just not apept too and certainly Meriweather was vocal but probably making the wrong calls.

I remember when Rodney was here we could use T.Brown in the slot and still excel. There werent that many holes in the defense then either. When I see our Dbs I think thats the issue. One play I saw Wilson hesitating like he wanted to cover a guy and then let him go and numerous times it has looked like Arrington has played zone instead of man coverage so if everyone is not getting the call and half your defense is man while some are zoning you will get the horrendous display weve been seeing every week and asking wilson OR McCourty (both mainly colleg CBs) is a stretch IMO and I dont know how you correct it besides staying in the same D all series which is probably going on too and why we get burnt easily...Its def. not ideal right now..smh

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

+100, add WHINY AND ENTITLED. Brady had it right. His little boys probably don't whine as much as some of the posters on here.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes...please forgive us for getting upset whenever the Pats lose to the likes of the Cardinals and Seahawks, are lucky to eek out a win over the punchless Jets, and show a propensity for tanking in the 4th quarter of games.

Time for Brady and the boys to stop WHINING about "how hard it is to win in the NFL", and about fan criticism. Time for this team to step up and do something to silence their critics. This team has far too much talent to be a mediocre club. Talk about feeling ENTITLED, it's time for this team to stop thinking that all they have to do to win is just to show up, or to play 3 good quarters of football.        

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing... Gostkowski could have made the field goal vs Arizona, the offense could have made one or two more first downs to seal the game vs Baltimore, and the defense could have made a stop against Seattle. The team could be 7-0, and you winey bey-otches would still be on here posting the same fooking crap week after week. The exact same thing happend last year when they were riding a 5 game winning streak and they just squeaked by Washington. People were saying trade Brady, fire BB, the DBs are horrible, Bill Obrien cant coach, they aren't winning big enough, we deserve them to be better, they aren't putting in the effort, they are soft... And you know what?? They went to the Super Bowl and were within a couple of plays of winning it. Do you really honestly believe you know more about football, more about how to build a team, and more about how to have success in the NFL than Bill Belichick? The team has four rookies STARTING on defense. The offensive line has gone through major changes. There are new guys being worked in at WR, LB and DL. There have been a number of injuries at WR, OL, RB, DB and LB, and they are about 6 plays from being undefeated. Rick Pitino was right, the negativity in this town stinks, and it $ucks.

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!! Thanks ever so much for making my and other's points. They are a few plays here and there from being 7-0. They are also a few plays away from being 2-5, plus id Denver had 5 more minutes to play with. Fact is, even IF they "made those plays", their 4th Qtr play is deplorable at best. And their upcoming schedule, along with their ability to turn mediocre and pedestrian QB;s into surefire HOF material isn't very comforting.

Stop excusing the new players, coaches, yada yada. Either come out and say this is a rebuliding season or say they are horrible in teh last 15 minutes of games. Which way do you want it?

If yiu paid any attention, you'd know why and understand how they have gone 0-SB's vs the Giants...... lousy 4th Qtr play. See any connection to what's happening this season AGAIN? I'll champion the rebuilding excuse, if that's what you want. But, stop this "Pats are really good" stuff. Especially when they Apparently can't close the deal in the 4th Qtrs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

COMMUNICATION!  Thats an often overlooked thing that is VERY important that I havent heard mention of. IF you ever notice when we DO have a good game in the back end(not often or latey) Bill always talks about how good the communication was. I know there are many variables but I actually would say right now its the biggest. Here me out... whats the biggest thing in common with the secondary s*cking...  Rodney Harrison being retired.. He was a great commincator. Before EVERY play you would see him yelling at all the Dbs getting them in place and STILL be able to get into positon HIMSELF. we took for granted how good he is, but also communication should be adressed and its something I think Chung is just not apept too and certainly Meriweather was vocal but probably making the wrong calls.

I remember when Rodney was here we could use T.Brown in the slot and still excel. There werent that many holes in the defense then either. When I see our Dbs I think thats the issue. One play I saw Wilson hesitating like he wanted to cover a guy and then let him go and numerous times it has looked like Arrington has played zone instead of man coverage so if everyone is not getting the call and half your defense is man while some are zoning you will get the horrendous display weve been seeing every week and asking wilson OR McCourty (both mainly colleg CBs) is a stretch IMO and I dont know how you correct it besides staying in the same D all series which is probably going on too and why we get burnt easily...Its def. not ideal right now..smh

[/QUOTE]

Actually did mention this on a different day, different post.

Think Chung is OK with his communication and think that's another reason they picked up Gregory but with neither of them on the field and the revolving door that it is, it's a little difficult to achieve any continuity.

Who is taking it on now?  Wilson?  Arrington?  DMC?  :-(

Sections
Shortcuts