2012 Patriots Complacent, Soft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: 2012 Patriots Complacent, Soft

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How the mighty have fallen.

Ive learned to deal by lowering my expectations and taking everything positive as gravy. Ive actually felt the same way as Tex for a few years but Ive been getting back on the wagon every year but lets face it fellas. B.B. sold his soul back in 07' NO getting around it and we will put up marvelous stats but will never win it all again....

RESPONSE: They came about as close as you can to winning it all last year, without doing it. But, without a healthy Gronk, they were no match for the Giants. Why change the offense so drastically after coming so close to winning it all?

Chuck Knoll coached for over 10 years after his last SB win....it happens but its just that its dissapointing because it doesnt have to happen. If we fielded a decent defense maybe we have a chance but ive given up on B.B. getting this D together . it seems he is all too happy with us giving up major passing yards every week ....

RESPONSE: Brady has seemingly gotten complacent. It's hard to blame him. He's done it all. At 35 and with a family, it's harder to put in the hours he once did when he was 25, and be willing to take a hit to gain 10 yards.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. He has grown impatient with his defense and new o-lineman,. I think thats a far fetched comment.

check out this comment someone made on the article on BDC just recently...

"I think the Patriots are being micromanaged by the coaching staff. Pressure gets to them because they start thinking during critical times. Thus, in the 4th quarter the offense seizes and the defense becomes a sieve. Hoodie needs an attitude check, sort of like how Coughlin altered his ways back when he was fining players for showing up early to team meetings. Hoodie has to stop the convoluted scheming and complex play calling. It seems these players require 3 years of intense pracitice and coaching in order to fully grasp the playbook, and then they end up being the worst defense to ever defend against the pass. There's only one explanation for how WRs or practice squad players come in an emergency and perform well, it's because their minds and confidence haven't been screwed with yet."

I have said this for a few years now and I fully agree with this dude. the reason our rookies look good is because they are playing on instincts and just winging it and then once B.B. puts all this pressure the next year and asks more, they fold. How else do you explain all the guys that looked great in their first year turning into scrubs..??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats, under Bb, have always been a game specific offense and defense for that matter.

This is not new.  They always attack weakness and take out certain players who they feel will hurt them.

Don't all teams do this to degree? The recipe to beat the Pats is to keep TB off the field, disrupt timing, get after the qb and have their QB's attack an enemic secondary. Hang around in the game and let loose in the 4th.

The Pats are the old clots in the sense that they have a significant offense but a poorer than poor D. This was not a recipe for success for the clots and isn't for the Pats either.  It's Never a good idea to have one side of the ball carry the other as it puts too much pressure on the one carrying.

The Pats have been dealt a bad hand on D for a while now, whether it's bad drafting, players with potential not living up to it, injuries, or all of the above.  This can't be denied.

It's never a bad idea to make an O more diverse although I feel the coaches need to incorporate it better.  I see it disrupting timing a lot..  Too many stalled or non productive drives resulting in 3rd and longs and putting the O in the situation where they have to complete those high percentage passes to convert.

Perhaps that is the reason for the following, IDK as I haven't gone over every play but it makes sense that the added pressure has contributed to this.

THE PATS LEAD THE NFL IN DROPPED PASSES

On the surface, the New England Patriots are doing extremely well offensively. They have the No. 1 offense in the NFL and are top five in both rushing and passing.

But a deeper look inside the statistics reveals a few cracks in the armor. One telling stat is New England leads the NFL in dropped passes.

New England is tops in the league with 18 drops in seven games, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The drops are spread across the board. Skill players like tight end Rob Gronkowski (four) and receivers Brandon Lloyd (five) and Wes Welker (four) have all contributed.

The drops aren’t very noticeable when New England is scoring a league-high 31 points per game. The Patriots are marching up and down the field with their up-tempo offense and that masks a lot of mistakes.

But seven games are enough of a sample to be concerned about New England's case of the dropsies. The Patriots have been in a lot of close games already this season and that will continue in the second half of the season and most likely into the playoffs.

New England’s offense doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses, but this clearly is one of them. The good news is drops are correctable with more focus and concentration by New England’s tight ends, receivers and running backs

[/QUOTE]

What's your excuse for them already giving up MORE 20+ yard plays, the overwhelming majority being passing plays, than all of last year? Even with these droppsies, the O disappears when teh 4th Qtr starts.

keep on digging 'em up. There is no such thibg as an Excuse Train being too long.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

What's your excuse for them already giving up MORE 20+ yard plays, the overwhelming majority being passing plays, than all of last year? Even with these droppsies, the O disappears when teh 4th Qtr starts.

keep on digging 'em up. There is no such thibg as an Excuse Train being too long

What are you talking about?  Never made an excuse for the D giving up more 20 yarders than ever.  They suck.

What do you mean, even with the dropsies the O dissapears in the 4th.  That's exactly my point.

The O sometimes stalls BECAUSE of the league leading dropsies.

Not an excuse, just a fact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

+100, add WHINY AND ENTITLED. Brady had it right. His little boys probably don't whine as much as some of the posters on here.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes...please forgive us for getting upset whenever the Pats lose to the likes of the Cardinals and Seahawks, are lucky to eek out a win over the punchless Jets, and show a propensity for tanking in the 4th quarter of games.

Time for Brady and the boys to stop WHINING about "how hard it is to win in the NFL", and about fan criticism. Time for this team to step up and do something to silence their critics. This team has far too much talent to be a mediocre club. Talk about feeling ENTITLED, it's time for this team to stop thinking that all they have to do to win is just to show up, or to play 3 good quarters of football.        

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing... Gostkowski could have made the field goal vs Arizona, the offense could have made one or two more first downs to seal the game vs Baltimore, and the defense could have made a stop against Seattle. The team could be 7-0, and you winey bey-otches would still be on here posting the same fooking crap week after week. The exact same thing happend last year when they were riding a 5 game winning streak and they just squeaked by Washington. People were saying trade Brady, fire BB, the DBs are horrible, Bill Obrien cant coach, they aren't winning big enough, we deserve them to be better, they aren't putting in the effort, they are soft... And you know what?? They went to the Super Bowl and were within a couple of plays of winning it. Do you really honestly believe you know more about football, more about how to build a team, and more about how to have success in the NFL than Bill Belichick? The team has four rookies STARTING on defense. The offensive line has gone through major changes. There are new guys being worked in at WR, LB and DL. There have been a number of injuries at WR, OL, RB, DB and LB, and they are about 6 plays from being undefeated. Rick Pitino was right, the negativity in this town stinks, and it $ucks.

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!! Thanks ever so much for making my and other's points. They are a few plays here and there from being 7-0. They are also a few plays away from being 2-5, plus id Denver had 5 more minutes to play with. Fact is, even IF they "made those plays", their 4th Qtr play is deplorable at best. And their upcoming schedule, along with their ability to turn mediocre and pedestrian QB;s into surefire HOF material isn't very comforting.

Stop excusing the new players, coaches, yada yada. Either come out and say this is a rebuliding season or say they are horrible in teh last 15 minutes of games. Which way do you want it?

If yiu paid any attention, you'd know why and understand how they have gone 0-SB's vs the Giants...... lousy 4th Qtr play. See any connection to what's happening this season AGAIN? I'll champion the rebuilding excuse, if that's what you want. But, stop this "Pats are really good" stuff. Especially when they Apparently can't close the deal in the 4th Qtrs.

[/QUOTE]

You finally got something right. They could be 2-5, they could be 7-0, but they are 4-3. That is how razor thin the difference between winning and losing is EVERY week. This is what Brady was saying, every game IS hard. They are working new people in this year because of the problems they have had closing games out in the past. I'm not the one claiming they have so much more talent than every other team, that on paper every game looks like an easy win, and that they should be blowing people out. I'm the one saying they have a lot of young, inexperienced guys (Ras-I, Dennard, Wilson, Jones, Hightower all starting or being asked to contribute heavily on defense), and new guys at key positions (left tackle, center, right guard, Lloyd, Ridley, Bolden, Vereen). That is a LOT of personnel change. Add to that Gronk has a hip thing, Hernandez has the ankle, Welker had ??, Bolden is out, Lloyd hurt his shoulder, both starting safeties (the only two with ANY nfl experience) are out, Hightower has been dinged up, Mankins is in and out, ALL key contributors. You really can't understand why, with all of that going on, the team is not 100% in sync after 7 games?? I'll add you to the entitled list of those who are only fans when they win every game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

+100, add WHINY AND ENTITLED. Brady had it right. His little boys probably don't whine as much as some of the posters on here.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes...please forgive us for getting upset whenever the Pats lose to the likes of the Cardinals and Seahawks, are lucky to eek out a win over the punchless Jets, and show a propensity for tanking in the 4th quarter of games.

Time for Brady and the boys to stop WHINING about "how hard it is to win in the NFL", and about fan criticism. Time for this team to step up and do something to silence their critics. This team has far too much talent to be a mediocre club. Talk about feeling ENTITLED, it's time for this team to stop thinking that all they have to do to win is just to show up, or to play 3 good quarters of football.        

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing... Gostkowski could have made the field goal vs Arizona, the offense could have made one or two more first downs to seal the game vs Baltimore, and the defense could have made a stop against Seattle. The team could be 7-0, and you winey bey-otches would still be on here posting the same fooking crap week after week. The exact same thing happend last year when they were riding a 5 game winning streak and they just squeaked by Washington. People were saying trade Brady, fire BB, the DBs are horrible, Bill Obrien cant coach, they aren't winning big enough, we deserve them to be better, they aren't putting in the effort, they are soft... And you know what?? They went to the Super Bowl and were within a couple of plays of winning it. Do you really honestly believe you know more about football, more about how to build a team, and more about how to have success in the NFL than Bill Belichick? The team has four rookies STARTING on defense. The offensive line has gone through major changes. There are new guys being worked in at WR, LB and DL. There have been a number of injuries at WR, OL, RB, DB and LB, and they are about 6 plays from being undefeated. Rick Pitino was right, the negativity in this town stinks, and it $ucks.

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!! Thanks ever so much for making my and other's points. They are a few plays here and there from being 7-0. They are also a few plays away from being 2-5, plus id Denver had 5 more minutes to play with. Fact is, even IF they "made those plays", their 4th Qtr play is deplorable at best. And their upcoming schedule, along with their ability to turn mediocre and pedestrian QB;s into surefire HOF material isn't very comforting.

Stop excusing the new players, coaches, yada yada. Either come out and say this is a rebuliding season or say they are horrible in teh last 15 minutes of games. Which way do you want it?

If yiu paid any attention, you'd know why and understand how they have gone 0-SB's vs the Giants...... lousy 4th Qtr play. See any connection to what's happening this season AGAIN? I'll champion the rebuilding excuse, if that's what you want. But, stop this "Pats are really good" stuff. Especially when they Apparently can't close the deal in the 4th Qtrs.

[/QUOTE]

You finally got something right. They could be 2-5, they could be 7-0, but they are 4-3. That is how razor thin the difference between winning and losing is EVERY week. This is what Brady was saying, every game IS hard.

RESPONSE: I didn't see such great difficulties in 2010, when the Pats went 14-2 despite breaking in that crop of rookies...or in 2011, when the Pats went 13-3.  Sorry...but this is just another excuse. The veterans in secondary, McCourty, Chung, Arrington, Dowling, and Gregory, are not getting it done. As a result, BB has been forced to turn to the likes of Dennard, and Wilson. Furthermore, it's not just the "D". Brady and the offense has been out of sinc. What rookies are responsible for that?   

They are working new people in this year because of the problems they have had closing games out in the past.

RESPONSE: Again, you're putting all the blame of the defense. The offense has been medicre  at best in the red zone, and terrible in the 4th quarter of games. Check the stats, which have been listed several times in other posts, above.

I'm not the one claiming they have so much more talent than every other team, that on paper every game looks like an easy win, and that they should be blowing people out.

RESPONSE: You should be...cause that's the fact, Jack.

I'm the one saying they have a lot of young, inexperienced guys (Ras-I, Dennard, Wilson, Jones, Hightower all starting or being asked to contribute heavily on defense), and new guys at key positions (left tackle, center, right guard, Lloyd, Ridley, Bolden, Vereen).

RESPONSE: Not buying it. Jones and Hightower , though rookies, are upgrades over what they had last year. Dennard is starting because the veteran CBs the Pats have have been awful. As for the offense, the current stable of RBs is an improvement over what the Pats had at the position last year. Lloyd is an upgrade over the worthless Ocho. Wendell and RG Connelly have been okay...but having Waters back at RG would have helped. 

That is a LOT of personnel change. Add to that Gronk has a hip thing, Hernandez has the ankle, Welker had ??, Bolden is out, Lloyd hurt his shoulder, both starting safeties (the only two with ANY nfl experience) are out, Hightower has been dinged up, Mankins is in and out, ALL key contributors. You really can't understand why, with all of that going on, the team is not 100% in sync after 7 games?? I'll add you to the entitled list of those who are only fans when they win every game.

RESPONSE: Oh please, not that!! LOL!!!    Every team has injury problems. That's no excuse. To me, the bigger problem is the offense underachieving, than the defense.  

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

OK, you have convinced me (not really). The team sux. The coaches suc. The offense sux. The defense sux. The special teams suc. The db's really suc. The oline sux. The owner sux, the cheerleaders may or may not suc.

Seriously, could you twist things any more?? Lloyd did not replace Ocho. He replaced Branch. Branch was the starter last year, not Ocho. Ocho was a NOBODY. Lloyd has been marginally better than Branch, mainly beacuse Hernandez has been out almost the whole year and Lloyd is getting many more passes thrown to him. Branch got maybe 4-5 looks per game last year. Lloyd is averaging close to 10, but he just doesn't have the history with Brady yet where they know each other inside and out. Branch now is what Ocho was last year, only a lot smarter and more reliable. You say the veteran DBs arent getting the job done. Gregory has played in what? 3 of the 7 games? I think Chung might have made it thru 2 or 3 full games. Ras-I is hardly a 'veteran', he played in one game last year, and is now out again. Who were the safeties on the field when Seattle scored the last TD? Ebner and Wilson, a rookie and an undrafted rookie. Injuries forced that. You say I am blaming it all on the defense when I say they are working new guys in. As I clearly wrote above, they have new guys on both sides of the ball, not just the defense. As I have said several times, I am not 'blaming' anything on anyone, there is nothing to 'blame' anything on. Maybe they are an upgrade and maybe they are not. Carter and Anderson were pretty good last year. I certainly don't see this years o-lone as better, and the DBs are about the same. Maybe they had an easier schedule last year that allowed them to cover things up easier. And maybe the great talent you feel is all over the field is really just on par with the rest of the league.

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who look for positives in every situation, and call it 'opportunity' when things aren't going exactly as planned and things need to be improved on. And those who look for negatives in every situation, and piss-n-moan about the actions of others when things aren't exactly correct, and look to 'put the blame' somewhere, and 'hold someone accountable'. I know what kind of person I am. I see the positives associated with the team, and prefer to look at them as closer to 7-0 than 2-5. You words have proven what kind of person you are.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Watched a bit of Mike and Mike this morning...something I rarely do. But, some good points were made about why the Patriots are struggling...offensively. The consensus was that the offense is underachieving, and that the coaching staff is out-smarting itself by getting away from what the team does best, to do the unexpected. In other words, if a team is going to gear up against the pass, the Pats will game plan to run the ball...rather than do what they do best, and dare the opposing team to stop them.

Folks, like it or not, the Pats are a finesse team...a passing team. They are very much like the old Peyton led Indianapolis Colts. What's wrong with that? The Colts consistently were a SB threat, though they never really won a SB (I discount the one they won in 2006, as that crown was stolen away from the Pats by the refs, and handed to Ol' Horseface).

Time to go back to being the old Colts, and not try to become something that they are not. Going smashmouth seemingly plays into the hands of their opponents.      

[/QUOTE]

well u may not count it but the nfl and the rest of us do...100 yrs from now it will say 2006 NFL Champs Ind Colts

are you SURE queenie didnt take over ur mind tp??

[/QUOTE]

You're so clever, Jints. Yawn

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

OK, you have convinced me (not really). The team sux. The coaches suc. The offense sux. The defense sux. The special teams suc. The db's really suc. The oline sux. The owner sux, the cheerleaders may or may not suc.

RESPONSE: You're such a homer. Where have I said that this team is hopeless? All I've stated is what's obvious...this team is underachieving. But homers like you can't deal with any criticism of the home town team. 

Seriously, could you twist things any more?? Lloyd did not replace Ocho. He replaced Branch. Branch was the starter last year, not Ocho. Ocho was a NOBODY.

RESPONSE: Yeah, right. Last time I checked, Branch was still on this team. Is he, or Lloyd starting? Evidently, BB feels that Lloyd is the better player.

Lloyd has been marginally better than Branch, mainly beacuse Hernandez has been out almost the whole year and Lloyd is getting many more passes thrown to him. Branch got maybe 4-5 looks per game last year. Lloyd is averaging close to 10, but he just doesn't have the history with Brady yet where they know each other inside and out.

RESPONSE: Oh yeah...that's what's happening...LOL!!

Branch now is what Ocho was last year, only a lot smarter and more reliable.

RESPONSE: Talk about twisting things, what a silly statement! You say that Branch is now what Ocho was last year. Ocho was worthless. So...are you really saying that Branch is as worthless as Ocho, only smarter and more reliable?? How much more reliable? Does he sit the bench better? Does he do Tom Brady's taxes, thereby displaying his smarts?? LOL!!!  

You say the veteran DBs arent getting the job done. Gregory has played in what? 3 of the 7 games?

RESPONSE: How well has Gregory played in those 3 of 7 games? Besides, what difference does it make whether he has played poorly, or has been worthless due to injury? The bottom line is that he hasn't solved the problem at safety.

I think Chung might have made it thru 2 or 3 full games.

RESPONSE: More excuses. The guy has made some big plays against the run and on special teams, throughout his Patriots' career. But, he's always had issues in coverage. Unfortunately, he hasn't improved.

Ras-I is hardly a 'veteran', he played in one game last year, and is now out again.

RESPONSE: An injury prone waste. Ras-I was the 33rd overall pick in the 2011 draft, Chung was the 34th pick in the 2009 draft. Brandon Meriweather was the 24th pick in the 2007 draft. Darius Butler was the 41st pick in the 2009 draft. Terrence Wheatley was the 62nd pick in the 2008 draft. What a sorry drafting record.

Who were the safeties on the field when Seattle scored the last TD? Ebner and Wilson, a rookie and an undrafted rookie. Injuries forced that.

RESPONSE: Spare me. How may points did the mighty Patriots' offense score in the 4th quarter? The Pats should have beaten the Seahags by at least 2 TDs.

You say I am blaming it all on the defense when I say they are working new guys in. As I clearly wrote above, they have new guys on both sides of the ball, not just the defense. As I have said several times, I am not 'blaming' anything on anyone, there is nothing to 'blame' anything on. Maybe they are an upgrade and maybe they are not. Carter and Anderson were pretty good last year. I certainly don't see this years o-lone as better, and the DBs are about the same. Maybe they had an easier schedule last year that allowed them to cover things up easier. And maybe the great talent you feel is all over the field is really just on par with the rest of the league.

RESPONSE: Is that how you see it...that the Pats have mediocre talent? You can't have it both ways. Either they're a mediocre team, or a talent laiden team that's underachieving.

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who look for positives in every situation, and call it 'opportunity' when things aren't going exactly as planned and things need to be improved on. And those who look for negatives in every situation, and piss-n-moan about the actions of others when things aren't exactly correct, and look to 'put the blame' somewhere, and 'hold someone accountable'. I know what kind of person I am. I see the positives associated with the team, and prefer to look at them as closer to 7-0 than 2-5. You words have proven what kind of person you are.

RESPONSE: You refuse to accept reality. There are those who make excuses for their failings, and there are those who cannot and will not accept failure...and will rise up to the challenge. The Pats used to be of the later ilk. The talent to win is there. But, collectively, they just aren't playing up to their abilities.   

[/QUOTE]

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

Had to take a break a vent. I've never been so disappointed in Tom Brady til I read his whine about how the Pats have spoiled the fans, and how winning in the NFL is hard. Oh...boo-hoo, Tom: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/22/tom-brady-maybe-we-spoiled-people/ 

Is isn't like this team is losing close games to the NY Giants, Packers, or 49ers. They are having a tough time with lightweights, such as the Cardinals, Seahawks, and, yesterday, the Jets. This team is consistently failing to stick the dagger in these weaklings...allowing them to hang around. They were within an inch of blowing out the Ravens in Baltimore.

So...whats' wrong with the Patriots?

1.) OC Josh McDaniels: The Pats can't seem to decide whether to be a smash mouth team, or to go back to the spread offense that has worked so well over the past several seasons. This indecisiveness reflects in the play-calling, and has rendered the offense far less aggressive and dynamic. Tom Brady has, and always has been, best in the shot-gun. The running game should be used as a diversionary tactic to the staple passing attack. Draws and screens are fine. But, shortening the game with the run allows inferior teams to hand around. The Pats, with their firepower, should be blowing teams like the Seahawks and Jets away. There's little chance for 4th quarter heroics when a team is down 3 TDs;

2.) Tom Brady: The guy is hearing footsteps...which is affecting his accuracy. Never Mr. Mobility, Tom isn't very good behind the center. Teams know that when Tom goes behind the center, that it's a running play. He's best in the shotgun. Turn him loose! He's a Hall of Fame QB! Why aren't the Pats putting the game in his hands, rather than in the hands of RB Stevan Ridley and the "D"??

3.) DB Coach Josh Boyer: Can somebody please tell me why this guy still has a job? The secondary is awful for the 2nd straight year. For whatever reason, he's not getting the best out of his guys. Even when a coach is given lemons to work with, his job is to make lemonaide;

4.) Conditioning: The Pats repeatedly are dying in the 4th quarter. Could this be a reason?

5.) This Team Isn't Hungry: Other teams appear to want it more. The 2012 Pats are constantly allowing teams to come from behind and beat them;

6.) Where is BB?: I can't believe BB isn't going off on his guys. They haven't looked like the Patriots all season;

7.) Brandon Lloyd: Time for McDaniels to  go back to the Billy O'Brien (remember him?) offense, and stop worrying about making Lloyd happy. He's a complimentary piece...nothing more;

8.) Pass Rush?: Horrible. Guys like Mark Sanchez and, God help us...Russell Wison, are being made to look like Joe Montana. This team has one guy who can pressure the QB...Chandler Jones. Blitzes, anybody?

9.) DBs: Still a disaster...and still get beaten deep on a regular basis (see Josh Boyer, above);

10.) Lack of Leadership: Spare me about how winning is hard, Tom. After that debacle in Seattle Tom, in which the likes of Richard Sherman did everything but spit in your face...I really expected this team to destroy the Jets. But no...it was the usual, tepid, go through the motions, and let them hang around, performance. Such play hasn't been seen in these parts since 2002. Other than Brandon Spikes, I see no player willing to take the bull by the horns, and get this thing turned around. This team has far to much talent to be playing this way. The only thing that appears to stand in the way of them and another SB appearance is their unwillingness to pay the price to win, and Houston's 6'8" DE, J.J. Watts.

Where have you gone, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, and Willie McGinest?       

[/QUOTE]

No chance they can correct any of these issues. I hope you feel better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sorry, just checking in to see if the sky is still falling?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes they gave up 7 points! They punted twice and settled for a FG. Trade them all and keep the foot on the panic pedal. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You finally got something right. They could be 2-5, they could be 7-0, but they are 4-3. That is how razor thin the difference between winning and losing is EVERY week. This is what Brady was saying, every game IS hard. They are working new people in this year because of the problems they have had closing games out in the past. I'm not the one claiming they have so much more talent than every other team, that on paper every game looks like an easy win, and that they should be blowing people out. I'm the one saying they have a lot of young, inexperienced guys (Ras-I, Dennard, Wilson, Jones, Hightower all starting or being asked to contribute heavily on defense), and new guys at key positions (left tackle, center, right guard, Lloyd, Ridley, Bolden, Vereen). That is a LOT of personnel change. Add to that Gronk has a hip thing, Hernandez has the ankle, Welker had ??, Bolden is out, Lloyd hurt his shoulder, both starting safeties (the only two with ANY nfl experience) are out, Hightower has been dinged up, Mankins is in and out, ALL key contributors. You really can't understand why, with all of that going on, the team is not 100% in sync after 7 games?? I'll add you to the entitled list of those who are only fans when they win every game.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the O pulling The Invisible Men in the 4th Qtr, and the D getting continually abused while being 4-3 is somethingt edxpcted from a team that is a recent sub .500 team.... at least the record is a bright spot. I was there with the Pats of the mid-late 70's, and again in the 80's. This roster, even having come off another SB loss, is way tooo talented to be lookig for "moral victories", or any "bright spots".  This is the maddening part for those of us who have been fans for longer than going back to the 2001 season. So, Sparky, spare yourself the agony of slapping your own back. Where were your seats in Fenway or Harvard Stadium, sonny? But, you are entitled to keep your excuses, as it appears that's all you have left to fall on.

Stop it with the injury excuses. Every team has them, some are worse than others. Come back ads whine about it when you start seeing: "Gronkowski placed on IR today, as well as Mayo and Wilfork". Hint: the Ravens aren't crying about losing Lewis and Bell in the same week. You play with who is on your roster. If the quaity isn't there, shame on the FO and personnel people.  

Great game today, even with the opning drive, guaranteed 50 yd TD pass by the next HOF candidate under center the Pats play.  Now, honestly tell us all that you weren't concerned about that series/play. Go ahead... I'll try hard to keep teh chuckling down to a low sound.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

Seriously, could you twist things any more?? Lloyd did not replace Ocho. He replaced Branch. Branch was the starter last year, not Ocho. Ocho was a NOBODY. Lloyd has been marginally better than Branch, mainly beacuse Hernandez has been out almost the whole year and Lloyd is getting many more passes thrown to him. Branch got maybe 4-5 looks per game last year. Lloyd is averaging close to 10, but he just doesn't have the history with Brady yet where they know each other inside and out. Branch now is what Ocho was last year, only a lot smarter and more reliable. You say the veteran DBs arent getting the job done. Gregory has played in what? 3 of the 7 games? I think Chung might have made it thru 2 or 3 full games. Ras-I is hardly a 'veteran', he played in one game last year, and is now out again. Who were the safeties on the field when Seattle scored the last TD? Ebner and Wilson, a rookie and an undrafted rookie. Injuries forced that. You say I am blaming it all on the defense when I say they are working new guys in. As I clearly wrote above, they have new guys on both sides of the ball, not just the defense. As I have said several times, I am not 'blaming' anything on anyone, there is nothing to 'blame' anything on. Maybe they are an upgrade and maybe they are not. Carter and Anderson were pretty good last year. I certainly don't see this years o-lone as better, and the DBs are about the same. Maybe they had an easier schedule last year that allowed them to cover things up easier. And maybe the great talent you feel is all over the field is really just on par with the rest of the league.

[/QUOTE]

(Yawn......)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Knew that I could count on you and the rest of the homers to come out of the woodwork, and jump up and down like the Pats just won the SB. You're all such idiots! If you go back and re-read my original post, it was all about the Pats' underachieving. After seeing what the Pats are capable of today, are you denying this? What happened to the Rams should have happened to the Seahawks, too. But...the Pats couldn't tack on that one last score, which would have turned a 23-10 game into a rout. Instead, they let Seattle hang around, and got beat. They followed that up with a very, very close call against a  terrible NY Jets team...who were thrashed today at home by the not so powerful Miami Dolphins.

All I can say about this win is...it's about time!! This was by far the Patriots' best performance of the season. They are capable of beating any team when they give Tom Brady time to throw, play with passion, and play aggressively. Hopefully, this win signals the turning point in the Pats' season. They should crush the Dolphins in two weeks, and take firm command of the AFC East...no excuses. Don't you homers agree??       

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

They are gelling, the panic crew expects instant satisfaction.  It's tough winning an NFL game, Tommy's correct, many fans of all teams are spoiled.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

They are gelling, the panic crew expects instant satisfaction.  It's tough winning an NFL game, Tommy's correct, many fans of all teams are spoiled.

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots just crushed a team that finished with the second worst record in the entire league last year. While a 45-7 win over any NFL team is both encouraging and impressive, the idiot homers are coming out of the woodwork, acting as if the Patriots have won the SB.

LOL!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The Patriots just crushed a team that finished with the second worst record in the entire league last year. While a 45-7 win over any NFL team is both encouraging and impressive, the idiot homers are coming out of the woodwork, acting as if the Patriots have won the SB."

Good thing you are here to bring everybody down then! Wilson had another one of your "tip drill" interceptions as well for you to discount. 

I don't put a lot of stock in the win myself but I'm gonna enjoy it for a week or two, that ok by you? 

By the way what is Master Hess doing here? P.S. Hessie, we're happy with Tom Brady at the moment, I enjoyed watching Mark fumble the ball off his head in Miami...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Funny when they lose to a team by 3 points that they should have beat the sky is falling but when they beat a team they should have beat scoring 45 points it's nothing...

I think your resolve as a fan is soft, maybe you should start watching golf instead.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Well, this thread sure is great.  Lot's of good stuff here from TP and as usual, he is enjoying the team he loves to the fullest!  Plus we get "rational" JintsFan (just another version of UD6, acts rational while taking cheap shots and enjoying some recent victories), some Jest trolls, and then the normal people. 

I like what I saw, but I'm not taking it too seriously.  Nice get a win, to get to the bye week, maybe get some guys back into the lineup.  The facts are that we are in first place in the AFC East, that is a good start.  The Ravens are looking shakey, that's good.  Texans continue to cruise, so locking up the #1 seed may not be possible, but there is a lot of football to be played.  The good news is- as bad as the secondary has played, SOMETHING has to be done to improve it.  It looked better against the Rams, but once more, I'm not taking that too seriously.   It was nice to see Lloyd doing well, but once again it seems obvious that the team NEEDS Welker.  Running game looked good again.  Pass rush looked good again, and linebackers in coverage didn't do too bad. Gronk is Gronk.  So here we sit at 5-3 and not too bad off for all that mess early.   I'm all for some regular season strife, I think it helps make a strong team.  I was just boggled at the Jest game, we keep letting other teams back in it, taking our foot off the gas on both sides of the ball, and maybe our losses will help us later to execute plays and execute opponents when it's time to put the game away.  Here's hoping.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mybe if your QB was a just a little more accurate then maybe the dropped balls would be caught balls?Like the lame duck he threw to Welker in the SB last year.Everybody blamed Welker but that was just a horrible pass by Tom Brady.

OH My Goodness Did I just say something negative about Tommy Boy?The 1 for 6 in the redzone Tom Brady? The 2 costly penalties Tom Brady The couldn't sustain a drive against the Jets Tom Brady!?

Blasphemy!!!

[/QUOTE]

LOL you're name should be Master-Bait.  I'm not going to take the bait on this one though.  This is a game you'll have to play with yourself.  It most likely won't be hard.  

Sections
Shortcuts