***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]How bout the game Ryan Broyles had?  I hope Nick Cesario was paying attention.
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the game, but checking out the box score 14-158-1 is dominant.  He's very high on my list of WR interests this draft season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I didn't see the game, but checking out the box score 14-158-1 is dominant.  He's very high on my list of WR interests this draft season.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Agree. He should be high on our list. I see him now as a early / mid round 2 selection. Where do you see him going MB?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Agree. He should be high on our list. I see him now as a early / mid round 2 selection. Where do you see him going MB?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

PL,
    I think he's probably a day two kid at this point, should be a top 75 pick, IMO.   I also think his skill set may make him more appealing to BB.  This class figures to have some good depth and size at the position with Blackmon, Jeffrey, Floyd and Fuller as the cream of the potential crop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : PL, I think he's probably a day two kid at this point, should be a top 75 pick, IMO.   I also think his skill set may make him more appealing to BB.  This class figures to have some good depth and size at the position with Blackmon, Jeffrey, Floyd and Fuller as the cream of the potential crop.

Agreed..if only because he's generously listed at 5'10 1/2.  That's why I make the comparison to a young Deion Branch.  Broyles may only be 5'9 but he makes up for it with great quickness, acceleration, hands and route-running. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i did not see the entire game but mingo -- DE from LSU -- is intriguing. raw but with elite speed and willing to use it to track down even when starting from more than 5 yards behind his target.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Alright so it's Friday, a good day for me to state boldly what I want to see NE do in the 2012 draft.

Similar to the bold move made by Dimitroff and the Falcons in the 2011 draft (trading up for Julio Jones), I want BB and the Patriots to do what they can (they have plenty of ammo) to trade up for Oklahoma State WR, Justin Blackmon (I know I know, this isn't their M.O., believe me I get it).

This kid is a flat out stud and IMO, could be the most complete offensive weapon that TB has played with.  I say complete because Moss (likely the most talented), only did what Moss wanted to do. 

Blackmon is the total package (a man among boys at the college level).  Good size, can beat his man at the LOS, isn't a pure burner, but has speed to "take the top off of the defense", will work the middle of the field, willing and solid blocker, good route runner, good RAC ability, very good hands, plays the game with attitude and appears to have elite ball skills with the ability to elevate and high point the ball in coverage.  Also, based on scouting reports I've read, this kid really puts in the time to get better off the field which is something BB really puts a lot of value in, especially in a high round pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]Alright so it's Friday, a good day for me to state boldly what I want to see NE do in the 2012 draft. Similar to the bold move made by Dimitroff and the Falcons in the 2011 draft (trading up for Julio Jones), I want BB and the Patriots to do what they can (they have plenty of ammo) to trade up for Oklahoma State WR, Justin Blackmon (I know I know, this isn't their M.O., believe me I get it). This kid is a flat out stud and IMO, could be the most complete offensive weapon that TB has played with.  I say complete because Moss (likely the most talented), only did what Moss wanted to do.  Blackmon is the total package (a man among boys at the college level).  Good size, can beat his man at the LOS, isn't a pure burner, but has speed to "take the top off of the defense", will work the middle of the field, willing and solid blocker, good route runner, good RAC ability, very good hands, plays the game with attitude and appears to have elite ball skills with the ability to elevate and high point the ball in coverage.  Also, based on scouting reports I've read, this kid really puts in the time of the field to get better off the field which is something BB really puts a lot of value in, especially in a high round pick.

blackmon is a great wideout, imo i think michael floyd is better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

[QUOTE]Alright so it's Friday, a good day for me to state boldly what I want to see NE do in the 2012 draft. Similar to the bold move made by Dimitroff and the Falcons in the 2011 draft (trading up for Julio Jones), I want BB and the Patriots to do what they can (they have plenty of ammo) to trade up for Oklahoma State WR, Justin Blackmon (I know I know, this isn't their M.O., believe me I get it). This kid is a flat out stud and IMO, could be the most complete offensive weapon that TB has played with.  I say complete because Moss (likely the most talented), only did what Moss wanted to do.  Blackmon is the total package (a man among boys at the college level).  Good size, can beat his man at the LOS, isn't a pure burner, but has speed to "take the top off of the defense", will work the middle of the field, willing and solid blocker, good route runner, good RAC ability, very good hands, plays the game with attitude and appears to have elite ball skills with the ability to elevate and high point the ball in coverage.  Also, based on scouting reports I've read, this kid really puts in the time of the field to get better off the field which is something BB really puts a lot of value in, especially in a high round pick.

MB,

No doubt I was just as impressed with Blackmon after watcing just the first quarter of the game against Arizona last night.  I would have no objection to the Pats moving up in the 1st round to get this guy, I just don't see Belichick making such an aggressive move.  It's just not his MO.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Blackmon was very impressive.  How about Alshon Jeffrey from SC, huge kid.  Kinda reminds me of Andre Johnson.  I love the idea of a WR early especially after seeing the stable of stallions Aaron Rodgers has in Green Bay. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i'm on the blackmon bandwagon too. holy cow that kid is very good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Not to invade your thread, dont forget to pick your team for the knock out contest by Sunday at 1 pm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Sportsman. Show 4Sportsman's posts

Mb, love the new thread.  Just think, right now the Pats have the #1 pick in the 2012 Draft!!  Like everyone else, I think the positions of need are WR, C, and S. Welker and Branch and Koppen are UFA's, and I don't think BB will sign any of them.  Eventhough I didn't mention LB I love Hightower from ALA (beast).  Do you think Cannon could play C? Solder-Mankins-Cannon-Waters-Vollmer, Sweet!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Alright so it's Friday, a good day for me to state boldly what I want to see NE do in the 2012 draft. Similar to the bold move made by Dimitroff and the Falcons in the 2011 draft (trading up for Julio Jones), I want BB and the Patriots to do what they can (they have plenty of ammo) to trade up for Oklahoma State WR, Justin Blackmon (I know I know, this isn't their M.O., believe me I get it). This kid is a flat out stud and IMO, could be the most complete offensive weapon that TB has played with.  I say complete because Moss (likely the most talented), only did what Moss wanted to do.  Blackmon is the total package (a man among boys at the college level).  Good size, can beat his man at the LOS, isn't a pure burner, but has speed to "take the top off of the defense", will work the middle of the field, willing and solid blocker, good route runner, good RAC ability, very good hands, plays the game with attitude and appears to have elite ball skills with the ability to elevate and high point the ball in coverage.  Also, based on scouting reports I've read, this kid really puts in the time to get better off the field which is something BB really puts a lot of value in, especially in a high round pick.

i cant believe it took you guys this long to mention balckmon (3 posts today about his recent game).
    even with with reviews of receivers earlier in the thread.
    this guy has been a @@ST (FOR MB'S SAKE i won type it out) for while.

and mb, i like the change from "this wr is unreachable", thinking about getting someone with a more modest selection, to wanting bb to do what they can to trade up to get blackmon. i love the willingness to change philosophies under certain circumstances when it makes sense.

keep up the great discussion

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Mb, love the new thread.  Just think, right now the Pats have the #1 pick in the 2012 Draft!!  Like everyone else, I think the positions of need are WR, C, and S. Welker and Branch and Koppen are UFA's, and I don't think BB will sign any of them.  Eventhough I didn't mention LB I love Hightower from ALA (beast).  Do you think Cannon could play C? Solder-Mankins-Cannon-Waters-Vollmer, Sweet!
    Posted by 4Sportsman[/QUOTE]

4S, thanks.

Ha, yeah, would be nice if NO could go ahead and s&ck this year.  You can prob add the ever elusive pass rush threat to that list, but agree, those 3 positions seem to stick out at this point, though Koppen is still a solid player.  Hightower an Courtney Upshaw are a couple of kids to watch on that Tide LB corp, Upshaw is prob more of the pass rush threat that this team needs, though 'Bama overall is a team to keep an eye for potential picks.  I think Cannon is more of an OG, with the potential to maybe play some RT if needed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : i cant believe it took you guys this long to mention balckmon (3 posts today about his recent game). even with with reviews of receivers earlier in the thread. this guy has been a @@ST (FOR MB'S SAKE i won type it out) for while. and mb, i like the change from "this wr is unreachable", thinking about getting someone with a more modest selection, to wanting bb to do what they can to trade up to get blackmon. i love the willingness to change philosophies under certain circumstances when it makes sense. keep up the great discussion
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I think the reason why he wasn't mentioned a lot is the assumption that he's likely out of NE's reach, which is probably the case assuming their usual draft strategy of trading back.  After seeing this kid the other night (light yet another team up) I'm gonna make it my mission to campaign for this move, until I again convince myself that they won't do it, which may not take too long, ha.  Thank you for not typing that word out as it's also my mission to have that word removed completely from the sporting lexicon!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

mb good to see you and the boys, never too late to start.  I have some catching up to do as there's already 5! pages.

For me I'm looking at center as the key for next year's draft.  Check out the play of Ben Jones Georgia. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]mb good to see you and the boys, never too late to start.  I have some catching up to do as there's already 5! pages. For me I'm looking at center as the key for next year's draft.  Check out the play of Ben Jones Georgia. 
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Welcome back, brothah!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Nick Toon WR Wisconsin looked good today.  Bloodlines that BB loves, big and productive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Nick Toon WR Wisconsin looked good today.  Bloodlines that BB loves, big and productive.  
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]

BS,
    Didn't get a chance to watch the game, how'd his speed and quicks look?  Routes?  On the topic of Wisconsin, RB Montee Ball (5-11 210) had himself another big game stat wise, any feedback on how he looked (speed/power/balance/vision etc.)?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Ryan Broyles is the best fit for NE. agility, route running, speed, inteligence, versatility. i would also look for a bigger WR as there are many coming out this year. i would target a 2nd round prospect like juron criner or Mohamed Sanu.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Broyles is a late 1 - early 3 round pick. no way he goes later than that. he's faster than deion branch ever was.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Ryan Broyles is the best fit for NE. agility, route running, speed, inteligence, versatility. i would also look for a bigger WR as there are many coming out this year. i would target a 2nd round prospect like juron criner or Mohamed Sanu.
    Posted by cantstopme[/QUOTE]

From a pure schematic perspective, Broyles is an ideal fit, yes.  Sanu is a kid that caught my eye a bit last year, versatile kid and appears to be the featured player in the Rutgers' offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Broyles is a late 1 - early 3 round pick. no way he goes later than that. he's faster than deion branch ever was.
    Posted by cantstopme[/QUOTE]

Branch was a 4.47 kid with elite triangle numbers (3.76 SS, 6.71 3C).  He wasn't a pure burner, but that elite short area quickness and solid route running are what allowed him to gain seperation at the NFL level, much like Broyles will have to do. 

IMO, Broyles prob has similar timed speed and quicks, we'll know for sure at the combine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

melvin ingram 276 lb de/dt for sout carolina just ran a fake punt looking better than brandon tate on a kickoff, lik e70 yards, juking db's running away from guys. damn! what a play by the dl.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I think the reason why he wasn't mentioned a lot is the assumption that he's likely out of NE's reach, which is probably the case assuming their usual draft strategy of trading back.  After seeing this kid the other night (light yet another team up) I'm gonna make it my mission to campaign for this move, until I again convince myself that they won't do it, which may not take too long, ha.  Thank you for not typing that word out as it's also my mission to have that word removed completely from the sporting lexicon!

hilarious! when i thought of the word as i was typing i thought of you.
    yeah same old with pats. but they once in a blue moon surprise and take the higher pick. bb has been very unbb-like since free agency. maybe he continues in this we can go for a a championship or 2 mode. hop eits not too late with green bay's emergence.