***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : I think it's more then a realistic possibility. Lloyd already came out and said that he wants to go where McDaniels goes, and this was well before McDaniels even had a hint of leaving StL. On top of that but Lloyd's most productive years came when he played in McDaniels system. So if Lloyd wants a SB and he was serious about McDaniels, which I have zero reason to believe otherwise, he'd want to come to NE. Now does NE want him is the question. Since they did try to acquire him once this year I'm going with yes. He is a fast WR who can work the sideline and has excellent hands. He has proven to get open and more importantly catch the ball in both single and dbl coverage situations. The only thing I can see preventing Lloyd from coming to NE is want he demands for a contract truthfully. If he's willing to take high #2 WR money I don't see a chance NE doesn't sign him
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, I didn't know Lloyd was looking to follow JM.  Seems like a sure thing except for that $$.  He'll be 31 so he might be at that stage where he can see the end of his career so might want to play for a winner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Like 4 years/18 million or 3 years/15 million?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Hi Faucet, I agree with your points on the OLBs, reason I like Zach Brown.  I know he's an undersized player if you are looking at a 34 but in a 43 he's pure OLB that can rush and cover TEs/RBs actually he might be fast enough to cover some WRs.   Don't know if BB completely changes his views on size/weight of LBs but in a 43 with a heavy 4 down DL you can have this type player.  Denver has done a great job at this with Von miller, not that I'm saying Brown is in Miller's category but that type of role. On Cunningham, I would not be shocked actually will be relieved if he's done before camp is over.  I don't think he is more than a backup, he doesn't have the speed to be an everdown player.  Mention speed because he does have the size to play the run but he just doesn't get to the QB. I would like for them to replace him with a kid like Jake Bequette, 6'5" 271 reporterly runs under 4.7.  He has been a leader of Arkansas D has been a beast.  I want to see him in some LB drills see how fluid he is but as a pure DE he has the first step and strenght to create a pass rush.  None stop motor, brings it every play.  If BB doesn't go after one of the big name DEs early I keep my eye out for Bequette in the 3rd. If you get Brown in the 1st, Bradon Thompson DT in the 2nd and Bequette in the 3rd the 43/but D is improved IMO.  These picks are if BB commits to keeping that 43 D as the base. 
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

The million dollar question once again...will BB commit to the 4-3 long term?

If he does, I put higher value on Brown than Hightower for us. If not, the other way around. Maybe he splits the difference and picks up a kid like Ronnell Lewis from Oklahoma. Although some academic red flags around Lewis, he has good size, speed (supposed sub 4.5), strength for the 4-3 or 3-4.

I really like Brown however. It will probably take one of our 1sts to get him. He plays bigger than he is, and like you said, if we have 4 big DL upfront, it should make his job a bit easier.

Lets assume for a second BB decides to commit to the 4-3. Who from this class would you pick for DE or DT? Personally, assuming Carter and Anderson come back, I would pencil Carter in at RDE, and Anderson again comes off the bench with Deaderick. Love is not starting caliber to me, and Pryor can't stay healthy.

That means we have room at LDE and DT, at least 2 positions to upgrade if not glaring holes.

Luckily, the 2012 FA class is fairly decent as far as 4-3 DEs go depending on how much we wanted to commit.
    Here's my FA short list in no particular order;
    1. Robert Mathis
    2. Calais Campbell
    3. Cliff Avril
    4. Matt Roth
    5. Jeremy Mincey (maybe 2nd time is a charm?)

If we picked up one of them, and drafted a 4-3 DT/3-4 DE, like Wolfe, I would be happy. It depends on what BB looks for from his 4-3 DTs. Do you want a spaceeater like Brandon Thompson, who can command double teams and maybe set a kid like Zach Brown loose, or a kid like Wolfe who can penetrate from inside?

Okay, I'll take a shot at FA/Draft in terms of what's been discussed here and what I think would be ideal..be back after this conference call...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Like 4 years/18 million or 3 years/15 million?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Some where between 4.5-7mil a yr sounds about right for 3-4 yrs. It also depends on guarantied cash. If it's say 3yrs 16mil with 10mil guarantied I think that would be more enticing then say 4yrs 20mil with only 7mil guarantied given his age

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : This a game I know a number of us have been waiting for. There are players on both teams that I think could be attractive to the Pats for a number of reasons. Here's who I'm keeping an eye on tonight. LSU - Rueben Randle WR - McNutt is still my #1 favorite WR the Pats could get but Randle is starting to move up and quickly is becoming my #2 even over Jones and Wright. Randle has great speed/quickness for his height and can work the middle of the field as well as the outside. The biggest question being against a Pro style secondary (namely Ala) has was shut down. This will be a great measuring stick to see if he can handle Pro style secondaries given a second attempt T-Bob Hebert C - If he gets into the game Hebert has shown potential and you can see he takes very well to coaching. Might be an extremely late round or UDFA option at C with Scar coaching him up Alex Hurst OT/G - IMO Hurst moves inside to G at the next level but that isn't a bad thing being 6'6" 340lb. He is a bruiser in the run game, decent pass protection, and his flexibility to move from T to G is only an asset as a later round pick. Having him and Cannon would create enormous depth at both T and G without having to having to take out a lot of spots at either position. He might be a hidden gem that BB can't resist if he picks up and extra 4th or 5th Brandon Taylor S - This is a guy I think the Pats could and would target in the 3rd. He had a great season this year with LSU . He's fast and a dependable tackler and a pretty good coverage S to boot. He's a bit on the smaller end but handles himself well. It will be interesting to see how he handles over the top coverage against Ala's quicker WR's such as Maze Alabama - William Vlachos C - A 3 year starter that lead one of the best running games in the nation. Against LSU previously he was beat early and often by the quicker and athletic DT's of LSU. Will be interesting to see if he can overcome this short coming Dont'a Hightower ILB - I'm not as confident he could make a shift to a 34 OLB as MB is, I'm going to have to wait for combine numbers and workout tapes, he's still a fascinating player to watch. The talent and ability are outstanding and I'll esp be most interesting if they send him towards the edge or back in coverage. I'd love to see a couple cases where he has to chase players down or if he can rush from an outside lane tonight. Mark Barron S - It's hard to imagine that he's used as the FS and Lester as the SS but that's how Ala uses them. I think Barron translates more to a SS at the next level so I'll be watching carefully how he handles himself in coverage tonight. How he sets himself up in zone, the angles he takes, and his tackling form (drives through the player or wraps them up). He's a heavy hitter but so are most of the Pats S's. I want a sure tackler more then a heavy hitter so I am very curious about his tackling form tonight. Robert Lester S - As with Barron I want to see the same things, except I think Lester translates more to a FS at the next level. I'll be watching the same things as his counterpart tonight DeQuan Menzie CB - Menzie hasn't gotten the praise that Kirkpatrick has seen but he is a solid man CB. His stock might be hurt because of Kirkpatrick, Lester, and Barron being on the same team but I only see it as a perk. Having 3 great DB's around him it seemed like an obvious conclusion that QB's would pick on Menzie yet he held his own. It will be interesting to see if he gets put against Randle at any point and to see how he handles the larger WR

PE,
    Good stuff.

Two other kids to keep an eye on tonight are:

Sam Montgomery (6-4 245) DE LSU:  Shows kind of an odd, long, sprawled out stance at times where his back is flat and amost parallel to the ground, but has a quick first step, is explosive off the snap and to the football, displays some pretty good awareness when asked to stay home vs. the run and shows a good motor from the tape I've seen.  I've seen him mentioned as a Rd 1 option, but as a RS Soph, he my choose to return.

Josh Chapman (6-1 310) DT Alabama:  Squatty build (think a lighter VW) with long arms, excellent strength at the POC, good motor and has some scheme versatility and pass rush ability.  He's prob a day 2 kid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey MB,

Didn't even think of Montgomery honestly. I didn't know he was a RS sophomore. I thought he was a straight sophomore. I'll keep an eye on him.

Chapman I left out just because I haven;t been impressed with him at all. e looks like he's a Love type of player that can come in and sub as a NT or DT but won't give you more then a Love or Brace at this point. I'll keep a closer eye on him too though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Montgomery is staying in school

I think if he came out he was a top 15 pick hands down.  Might have the fastest first step of all pass rusher in this year's draft and he's relentless.  next year if he comes out and has another year like he had in 2011 wouldn't be out of the question for him to be a top 5 pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Konz will be available when the Pats pick with their first 1st rnd pick.  I do think an OC is a real option in this draft, Connolly and Wendel have done a decent job but getting an OC with power and movement ability should be high on the wish list.  I keep mentioning Ben Jones, I've seen a ton of UGA games and I can't say I've always been looking at C but specially this year I've paid more attention to him and he's the real thing.  His stock will be solidified when he does movement type drills at the combine and pro day.  The style of O he plays in at Georgia is a pro style and has plenty of experience in both QB under center and shotgun.  He didn't allow a sack this year, that IMO is impressive in the SEC.  Has started every game the last two seasons and all but a hand full since freshman year.  Very durable and can't find a more experienced OL in the country.

im on the ben jones train as well. hes one of the centers im thinking if not konz

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with Pats on this one. I just don't see Konz making it out of the top 20 truthfully and I wouldn't trade up for him either. Konz is very comparable to Pouncey last year and might actually be the more developed of the two (respective to when they came out). There are a number of teams that could really use a C in this up and coming draft picking well before the Pats and I just don't see Konz sneaking past all of them. Actually I can envision the Colts spending large this year and trading back into the late teens early 20's if Konz gets that far to draft him. Saturday is getting old and they will need a new C to protect their new face of the franchise in Luck. It makes all the sense in the world that the Colts will trade up and grab Konz before the Pats even get a chance at him

i would nto trade up for konz either. there are plenty suitable centers. i would trade up  to get one of the top remiaining lbs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Thanks bred, I think BB has tried to do exactly what you suggested during the last off season (as short as it was) by using late round picks to bring in productive veterans to plug needs, Haynesworth/Ocho/Carter/Ellis etc.  The problem with that approach, as we learned, high profile free agents are not always going to work out.  (Ask Andy Reid too.)  Carter was the only pleasant surprise. However, I totally agree with your view that we don't need 12-13 rookies each year.  We need 3-4 impact players.  I have taken our roster and deleted players that might be gone.  I kept Branch on a one-year deal but cut Ocho.  Connolly got more money to go somewhere else,  Koppen, Faulk, G Warren and Ellis retired.  What happens with Koppen, Connolly and Wendell will really dictate our needs.  If we lose Koppen and Connolly, the need at Center becomes #1.  Even if we keep Connolly, he hasn't been exactly durable but he and Wendell are versatile.  Losing either of these guys really means we need help on the interior OL since it seem Cannon is pretty much been used as RT and I'm not sure there are plans to kick him inside.  Even assuming Cannon is projected to take over at RG after 2012, we have only Wendell behind him and Mankins if we lose Connolly. If we get rid of Ocho, we really need 2 WR and I would argue one or both should be capable of stretching the field.  With Welker, Gronk and Hernandez, we have plenty of people capable of working the middle of the field.  I put an open position at TE but really we might not go there because Doren Dickerson is on the PS and he can back up Hernandez.  In power sets, BB used Solder as the second blocking TE. Defensively, I'm not sure we don't have fast LBs.  Mayo and Guyton are among the fastest in the league.  Spikes is slow.  But I think what you mean is we need LBs that can cover, and we certainly need an OLB that can get after the QB better than Ninko.  Cunningham is sure to be on a short leash this year.  His injury history reminds of Shawn Crable. Projected 2012 Roster OFFENSE 19 Players Slot 30 W Welker '11 25 Edelman '12   WR 33 Branch '11 26 M Slater '11   LOT 33 Light '12 23 N Solder '15   LG 30 Mankins '16     C   25 Wendell '11   ROG 34 B Waters '12     RT 27 Vollmer '12 23 M. Cannon '14   TE 23 Gronkowski '13 21 Hernandez '13   QB 34 Tom Brady '14 23 Mallett '14   RB 26 Green-Ellis '11 26 Woodhead '12     23 S. Ridley '14 23 S. Veeren '14   WR               DEFENSE 21 Players     DE   24 Deaderick '13 25 Love '11   NT 29 Wilfork '14 24 Brace '12   DE 32 A Carter '11 26 M Pryor '12   OLB 23 Cunningham '13 28 M Anderson '11   ILB 25 Mayo '17 25 Fletcher '12 30 White '11 ILB 24 B Spikes '13 25 Guyton '11   OLB 27 Ninkovich '11     LCB 24 McCourty '14 23 Dowling '14   RCB 25 Arrington '12     SS 24 Chung '12 27 J Ihedigbo '11   FS 27 J. Barrett '12 23 S. Brown '13           SPECIAL TEAMS 3     PK 27 Gostkowski '14   PS P 24 Z. Mesko '13   Markell Carter LS 23 D Aiken   Dorin Dickerson
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

nice analysis. only have a second here. guyton does not belong on the field in my opinion. he is not a player imo. i dont mean just fast. mayo is not fast enough to get to the rb early enough imo, and yes definitely cover in space.

peace

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Hi Faucet, I agree with your points on the OLBs, reason I like Zach Brown.  I know he's an undersized player if you are looking at a 34 but in a 43 he's pure OLB that can rush and cover TEs/RBs actually he might be fast enough to cover some WRs.   Don't know if BB completely changes his views on size/weight of LBs but in a 43 with a heavy 4 down DL you can have this type player.  Denver has done a great job at this with Von miller, not that I'm saying Brown is in Miller's category but that type of role. On Cunningham, I would not be shocked actually will be relieved if he's done before camp is over.  I don't think he is more than a backup, he doesn't have the speed to be an everdown player.  Mention speed because he does have the size to play the run but he just doesn't get to the QB. I would like for them to replace him with a kid like Jake Bequette, 6'5" 271 reporterly runs under 4.7.  He has been a leader of Arkansas D has been a beast.  I want to see him in some LB drills see how fluid he is but as a pure DE he has the first step and strenght to create a pass rush.  None stop motor, brings it every play.  If BB doesn't go after one of the big name DEs early I keep my eye out for Bequette in the 3rd. If you get Brown in the 1st, Bradon Thompson DT in the 2nd and Bequette in the 3rd the 43/but D is improved IMO.  These picks are if BB commits to keeping that 43 D as the base. 

"If you get Brown in the 1st, Bradon Thompson DT in the 2nd and Bequette in the 3rd the 43/but D is improved IMO.  These picks are if BB commits to keeping that 43 D as the base. "

nice.

1 problem. zack brown id expect to be long gone by our pick (maybe by 10 picks earlier and thus maybe out of reach).
    reason i want to trade up for the remaining lb in the first tier.

i asked folks about brown last week  exactly because of his speed.
    only 1 response i believe, maybe eng, thinking he was too small.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : The million dollar question once again...will BB commit to the 4-3 long term? If he does, I put higher value on Brown than Hightower for us. If not, the other way around. Maybe he splits the difference and picks up a kid like Ronnell Lewis from Oklahoma. Although some academic red flags around Lewis, he has good size, speed (supposed sub 4.5), strength for the 4-3 or 3-4. I really like Brown however. It will probably take one of our 1sts to get him. He plays bigger than he is, and like you said, if we have 4 big DL upfront, it should make his job a bit easier. Lets assume for a second BB decides to commit to the 4-3. Who from this class would you pick for DE or DT? Personally, assuming Carter and Anderson come back, I would pencil Carter in at RDE, and Anderson again comes off the bench with Deaderick. Love is not starting caliber to me, and Pryor can't stay healthy. That means we have room at LDE and DT, at least 2 positions to upgrade if not glaring holes. Luckily, the 2012 FA class is fairly decent as far as 4-3 DEs go depending on how much we wanted to commit. Here's my FA short list in no particular order; 1. Robert Mathis 2. Calais Campbell 3. Cliff Avril 4. Matt Roth 5. Jeremy Mincey (maybe 2nd time is a charm?) If we picked up one of them, and drafted a 4-3 DT/3-4 DE, like Wolfe, I would be happy. It depends on what BB looks for from his 4-3 DTs. Do you want a spaceeater like Brandon Thompson, who can command double teams and maybe set a kid like Zach Brown loose, or a kid like Wolfe who can penetrate from inside? Okay, I'll take a shot at FA/Draft in terms of what's been discussed here and what I think would be ideal..be back after this conference call...
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

" Love is not starting caliber to me, and Pryor can't stay healthy.

That means we have room at LDE and DT, at least 2 positions to upgrade if not glaring holes.

Luckily, the 2012 FA class is fairly decent as far as 4-3 DEs go depending on how much we wanted to commit.
    Here's my FA short list in no particular order;
    1. Robert Mathis
    2. Calais Campbell
    3. Cliff Avril
    4. Matt Roth
    5. Jeremy Mincey (maybe 2nd time is a charm?)

If we picked up one of them, and drafted a 4-3 DT/3-4 DE, like Wolfe, I would be happy. It depends on what BB looks for from his 4-3 DTs. Do you want a spaceeater like Brandon Thompson, who can command double teams and maybe set a kid like Zach Brown loose, or a kid like Wolfe who can penetrate from inside?

Okay, I'll take a shot at FA/Draft in terms of what's been discussed here and what I think would be ideal..be back after this conference call...
    "

my kind of thinking!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : "If you get Brown in the 1st, Bradon Thompson DT in the 2nd and Bequette in the 3rd the 43/but D is improved IMO.  These picks are if BB commits to keeping that 43 D as the base. " nice. 1 problem. zack brown id expect to be long gone by our pick (maybe by 10 picks earlier and thus maybe out of reach). reason i want to trade up for the remaining lb in the first tier. i asked folks about brown last week  exactly because of his speed. only 1 response i believe, maybe eng, thinking he was too small.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

He's small if speaking about a 34 OLB, he's 6'2 230 so wouldn't hold up but as a 43 OLB he's ok IMO.  I think to move back to a 34 base wayyyyy too many things would have to change/added for this move.  I don't think Ellis is back, so leaves you already short on 34 DEs.  Carter and Anderson have not played OLB in a 34 well carter did for a year in Washington but didn't go well at all.  So because of this and more holes in at 34 base I think the 43 is here to stay.

I don't know if Brown goes that early because of other LBs, DL and a few CBs who will push some players down a bit.  Might be wishful thinking because I like Brown and hope he's there for the Pats but think they have a chance if they are looking for that type of player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Montgomery is staying in school http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/1/7/2689135/lsu-de-sam-montgomery-not-entering-2012-nfl-draft I think if he came out he was a top 15 pick hands down.  Might have the fastest first step of all pass rusher in this year's draft and he's relentless.  next year if he comes out and has another year like he had in 2011 wouldn't be out of the question for him to be a top 5 pick.

Thanks Pats, I'll remove him from my top 25.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : This a game I know a number of us have been waiting for. There are players on both teams that I think could be attractive to the Pats for a number of reasons. Here's who I'm keeping an eye on tonight. LSU - Rueben Randle WR - McNutt is still my #1 favorite WR the Pats could get but Randle is starting to move up and quickly is becoming my #2 even over Jones and Wright. Randle has great speed/quickness for his height and can work the middle of the field as well as the outside. The biggest question being against a Pro style secondary (namely Ala) has was shut down. This will be a great measuring stick to see if he can handle Pro style secondaries given a second attempt T-Bob Hebert C - If he gets into the game Hebert has shown potential and you can see he takes very well to coaching. Might be an extremely late round or UDFA option at C with Scar coaching him up Alex Hurst OT/G - IMO Hurst moves inside to G at the next level but that isn't a bad thing being 6'6" 340lb. He is a bruiser in the run game, decent pass protection, and his flexibility to move from T to G is only an asset as a later round pick. Having him and Cannon would create enormous depth at both T and G without having to having to take out a lot of spots at either position. He might be a hidden gem that BB can't resist if he picks up and extra 4th or 5th Brandon Taylor S - This is a guy I think the Pats could and would target in the 3rd. He had a great season this year with LSU . He's fast and a dependable tackler and a pretty good coverage S to boot. He's a bit on the smaller end but handles himself well. It will be interesting to see how he handles over the top coverage against Ala's quicker WR's such as Maze Alabama - William Vlachos C - A 3 year starter that lead one of the best running games in the nation. Against LSU previously he was beat early and often by the quicker and athletic DT's of LSU. Will be interesting to see if he can overcome this short coming Dont'a Hightower ILB - I'm not as confident he could make a shift to a 34 OLB as MB is, I'm going to have to wait for combine numbers and workout tapes, he's still a fascinating player to watch. The talent and ability are outstanding and I'll esp be most interesting if they send him towards the edge or back in coverage. I'd love to see a couple cases where he has to chase players down or if he can rush from an outside lane tonight. Mark Barron S - It's hard to imagine that he's used as the FS and Lester as the SS but that's how Ala uses them. I think Barron translates more to a SS at the next level so I'll be watching carefully how he handles himself in coverage tonight. How he sets himself up in zone, the angles he takes, and his tackling form (drives through the player or wraps them up). He's a heavy hitter but so are most of the Pats S's. I want a sure tackler more then a heavy hitter so I am very curious about his tackling form tonight. Robert Lester S - As with Barron I want to see the same things, except I think Lester translates more to a FS at the next level. I'll be watching the same things as his counterpart tonight DeQuan Menzie CB - Menzie hasn't gotten the praise that Kirkpatrick has seen but he is a solid man CB. His stock might be hurt because of Kirkpatrick, Lester, and Barron being on the same team but I only see it as a perk. Having 3 great DB's around him it seemed like an obvious conclusion that QB's would pick on Menzie yet he held his own. It will be interesting to see if he gets put against Randle at any point and to see how he handles the larger WR

Also keep an eye on Marquis Maze the 5-9 190 WR from Alabama.  He's more quick/sudden than fast (prob a 4.5 kid), but will work the middle of the field, has solid hands and good RAC ability and IMO would be a more productive player with better QB play.  I think he'd be a solid fit for NE's offense and could come off the board in the Rd 3-4 range.  He also has some ability in the return game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

Kirkpatrick for secondary
    Konz as center to replace koppen

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Kirkpatrick for secondary Konz as center to replace koppen
    Posted by Rotorhead[/QUOTE]

Rotor,

Welcome to the thread, Kirkpatrick is a likely top 10 pick and should be out of range.  Konz on the other hand could be in range and is on my short list of Rd 1 options.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

It's just amazing how quickly both of these D's close on the football...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow, LSU DL Michael Brockers (6-6 305) (the next Richard Seymour) is a flat out stud, kid just beat what looked to be a triple team to make a play behind the LOS, force a FG.

Believe he's a RS Soph, but haven't heard any word of him declaring, would prob end up as a top 5-10 pick if he did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Michael Brockers is likely staying in school, but there have been some rumors circulating that I have heard from a few draft sources that he is contemplating entering the draft. Will try to get a few links but it got me thinking a bit. Still not likely, but possible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Sorry pump I'm too smart to write for the Globe. Besides I think MB and Faucet are better then me
    Mb maybe, not me, I've been out of it too much this year.  You take the job, lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : For myself and a ton of other posters on here, it's never too early.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I've been looking forward to Professor Beaulieu checking in on our 2012 draft prospects!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Also keep an eye on Marquis Maze the 5-9 190 WR from Alabama .  He's more quick/sudden than fast (prob a 4.5 kid), but will work the middle of the field, has solid hands and good RAC ability and IMO would be a more productive player with better QB play.  I think he'd be a solid fit for NE's offense and could come off the board in the Rd 3-4 range.  He also has some ability in the return game.
    I like Maze a lot too.  I hope he isn't hurt too bad.  What a shame pulling your hammy early in the BCS Championship game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : He's small if speaking about a 34 OLB, he's 6'2 230 so wouldn't hold up but as a 43 OLB he's ok IMO.  I think to move back to a 34 base wayyyyy too many things would have to change/added for this move.  I don't think Ellis is back, so leaves you already short on 34 DEs.  Carter and Anderson have not played OLB in a 34 well carter did for a year in Washington but didn't go well at all.  So because of this and more holes in at 34 base I think the 43 is here to stay. I don't know if Brown goes that early because of other LBs, DL and a few CBs who will push some players down a bit.  Might be wishful thinking because I like Brown and hope he's there for the Pats but think they have a chance if they are looking for that type of player.

nice to hear your opinion on him. of the top tier, seems most pro boards iuve seen have hightower as the last of the top tier to go. have sen maybe one pro site mock borwn down in our range.

yes i hear you on the 43

you liking brown over hightower even if we only get 1 lb.

lots of speed
    think hightower can do more for one player.
    i would take either. dont know we get the option of both.
    think wed be lucky if we could trade up a little for one, or maybe really lucky and one falls to us.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]It's just amazing how quickly both of these D's close on the football...

i worked till early third quarter.

how did our draft prospects look?

z was matter of fact about lsu winning this game.
    not looking so good for them. but they did get the top qb out of high school give a verbal commitment.

Sections
Shortcuts