***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!:
    In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : hi lifer, re: " the Welker situation is fluid at this point, but could his situation if not resolved by draft time, blow things up a bit?  I think one strategy that could work may be relegating Hernandez to the slot position full time, and possibly backfilling the TE spot with a kid like Allen, Charles, etc. in the draft. That way, we get another dual receiving/blocking threat, and could have 3 "TEs" on the field at any one time.  I was an advocate earlier on this board of taking Fleener. Depending what happens with Welker, I'm leaning in this direction. Another option would be just to draft a WR since this class is deep. Depends on what McDaniels wants in this offense.  " i have been advocated all 3 of the same postions you mention here over the last several months (have you caught me postinig this as well?)
    Posted by bredbru

Of course!

I haven't seen anyone else address this question nor the one on Spikes.

in the end, I think Wes and the Pats will come to some sort of an agreement. However, for some reason that agreement cannot be met, I'm curious to see how/if this changes BB's draft day plans. I proposed another dual threat TE because I honestly think Hernandez/Edelman can play the slot well enough.

So, the question I had was do you draft another TE if you relegate Hernandez to the slot, go grab a big WR that can stretch the field, or draft a kid that can play slot to take over for Wes? These are the 3 options if Wes doesn't show or is traded. Like to hear everyone's take on which option is the best?

On the Spikes front...given he is coming off of knee surgery and has missed games in the past, do we also need to look at drafting someone to play inside? I like Spikes, and I know many of us on here including MB advocated for him, but he just seems injury prone, and 1 dimensional. I wouldn't count him a bust, but I also wouldn't count him a success either. i think we could use someone inside. I advocated Ronnell Lewis in this spot grabbing him in round 2. he can play inside or out plus is a ST demon.  Hightower would be another guy I would be interested in to do this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting that Cordy Glenn is still on the board. Apologies to mgraham, I didnt see your Cinci pick at 17 when I submitted mine.
    Posted by speedster81[/QUOT

No prob ..i was like the Vikings ..fumbling with my cards and missed the bell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Of course! I haven't seen anyone else address this question nor the one on Spikes. in the end, I think Wes and the Pats will come to some sort of an agreement. However, for some reason that agreement cannot be met, I'm curious to see how/if this changes BB's draft day plans. I proposed another dual threat TE because I honestly think Hernandez/Edelman can play the slot well enough. So, the question I had was do you draft another TE if you relegate Hernandez to the slot, go grab a big WR that can stretch the field, or draft a kid that can play slot to take over for Wes? These are the 3 options if Wes doesn't show or is traded. Like to hear everyone's take on which option is the best? On the Spikes front...given he is coming off of knee surgery and has missed games in the past, do we also need to look at drafting someone to play inside? I like Spikes, and I know many of us on here including MB advocated for him, but he just seems injury prone, and 1 dimensional. I wouldn't count him a bust, but I also wouldn't count him a success either. i think we could use someone inside. I advocated Ronnell Lewis in this spot grabbing him in round 2. he can play inside or out plus is a ST demon.  Hightower would be another guy I would be interested in to do this.
    Posted by PatsLifer

hightower was on my ealry mocks. with our priority of needs, if we get an upgrade this year (which i doubt given the priorities, it will have to be after the first round).

fleener is a no brainer for me. we lost a super bowl over not having an adequate replacement (just adequate). with fells now on the staff, this is a question mark.
    rather have fleener and gronk at te. hern as a utility knife everywhere. redundancy is critical for a sb team. 

i wouldnt leave this draft without taking a shot at one of the big outside wrs

same goes with trying to pick up a slot guy in udfa.

add j. jenkins to that

a dt somewhere in there, an olb/de, and o lineman and im good.

mccoursty to fs
    moore to cb

if we have another pick, picking up a cb/s

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Didn't even know Konz had a dislocated ankle. At least he did better with his bench press at his proday.

Anyone see the numbers Cody Pearcy put up during a regional pro day? No idea if he can play football.

4.31 seconds in 40 yards, 44 inches in the vertical jump and 10 feet, six inches in the broad jump. He also had a 20-yard split time of 2.43 seconds, a 20-yard shuttle of 3.76 seconds and did the three-cone agility drill in 6.67 seconds.

Game clips

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I am concerned about Jeffery's dedication; all that stuff about showing up overweight at the combine is a red flag to me.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

I agree totally with this. his weight fluxuation is a real concern   ala Jamarcus Russell. This is a self discipline issue and would wonder if after getting the big $ would he maintain the right regimen...which he has proven he can do.
     I would prefer the  small school guy like Quick  ( App State ..bastards beat UMass for the then D1AA championship) who might have that extra  " i can show them attitude"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I like this idea. Why don't we list our binkies per round. 1 D player and 1 O player. I'll start 1st Round: D: Michael Brockers DE/DT O: Stephen Hill WR 2nd Round: D: Vinny Curry OLB/DE O: Marvin McNutt WR 3rd Round: D: Derek Wolfe DE/DT O: Marvin Jones WR 4th Round: D: Dwight Bentley CB O: Desmond Wynn G/C? 5th Round: D: Neiko Thorpe FS/CB O: Chris Rainey RB 6th Round: D: Olivier Vernon DE/OLB O: Chase Ford TE 7th Round: D: Tashaun Gipson CB O: Matt Ryan OT UDFA: D: Dominique Hamilton DT/DE O: Damarlo Belcher WR
    Posted by PatsEng

Working on my mine now, should have something up soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Working on my mine now, should have something up soon.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

i put something up on the "picks only" only thread. it's a table a la pats7393's mock, but instead of putting your guy for the pick, you put in who you want for the pats' top 4 picks (be realistic as much as possible). 

oh what the heck, here you go... as usual the table looks funky as i have not figured out why the table looks different before and after i hit the add your reply button.

i assumed pats trade down from 31 for a third second round pick.

POSTER

A

B

C

D

SeattlePat70

Nick Perry

Brandon Thompson

Josh Robinson

Brian Quick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i fully expect to see jenkins on bredbru's entry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

here's my new mock!

1st round (27)

Traded for a 1st next year and a 2nd this year

1st round (31)

Michael Brockers*, DT, LSU
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 322.
    40 Time: 5.33. 10-Yd Split: 1.77.
    Bench: 19.
    Vertical: 26.5. Broad: 8-9.
    Arm: 35.
    Projected Round (2012): 1.

3/14/12: Brockers' stock was rising into the top 10 before a disappointing showing at the Combine. He had a startlingly low total on the bench press while running slow. The big defensive tackle is a one-year wonder, so his stock is fluid.

Brockers was one of the leaders of a group of future NFL defensive linemen at LSU. He was a disruptive force in 2011, totaling 54 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss, two sacks, one forced fumble and one blocked kick. Brockers didn't see a ton of action as a redshirt freshman in 2010, assembling only 25 tackles, one tackle for a loss and zero sacks. This year, Brockers played well in both games against Alabama. In the National Championship game, he totaled seven tackles and a blocked kick.

A well-rounded player, Brockers is fast and strong. He could stay as a defensive tackle in a 4-3 defense or move to defensive end in a 3-4 set. Brockers has the length and a strong enough build to fit as a potential five-technique defensive end.

2nd from trade

Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 299.
    40 Time: 4.79.
    Bench: 36.
    Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 9-5.
    Arm: 33 1/4. Hand: 9 1/2.
    Projected Round (2012): 1-2.

3/14/12: Reyes was another defensive tackle who had a superb Combine. He was extremely fast in the 40 and looked good in the field drills.

At the Senior Bowl, Reyes routinely beat offensive linemen in the one-on-one drills. He has a powerful bull rush to go along with some surprising speed rushes. The North defensive linemen really struggled with blocking him all week. Reyes is fast closing on the quarterback with the quickness off the snap to be a potential three-technique pass rusher in the NFL.

Reyes played well in 2011, totaling 46 tackles with 13.5 tackles for a loss and 4.5 sack. He has some developmental skills. If Reyes gets good coaching at the NFL level, he could turn into a steal. Reyes has some nice speed and can get some pressure in the pocket.

8/21/11: Kendall Reyes is a good athlete and team leader. He has been a starter the past two seasons. In 2010, Reyes had 10 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, and 39 tackles. He also had an interception returned 79 yards. Reyes has been a leader of the program the past couple of seasons. He looks like a potential three technique in a 4-3 defense or a five technique in a 3-4 defense.

2nd round (48 from Oakland)

Peter Konz*, C, Wisconsin
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 314.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.58.
    Bench: 18. Arm: 33.
    Projected Round (2012): 2.

3/6/12: Konz had a disappointing Combine performance with only 18 reps on the bench press. He did not perform in the field drills. Konz's bench press total was surprising considering he is a power player from a collegiate offense that produces big, strong linemen. Teammate Kevin Zeitler had 32 reps in the bench press and weighs exactly the same as Konz.

While his Combine performance doesn't help, when teams go back and look at the tape of last season, Konz's stock figures to get a boost. The junior produced a stack of dominant tapes for NFL evaluators in 2011. He played well against future draft picks like Michigan State's Jerel Worthy and Nebraska's Jared Crick. The Badgers have had a fabulous running offense, and Konz is an excellent run blocker. He seals holes well, gets to the second level, and puts defenders on the ground regularly. Konz did a solid job in pass protection for quarterback Russell Wilson.

Late in the season, Konz dislocated his ankle and that caused him to sit out some games including the Big Ten championship. With Konz out of the game, Worthy was a much bigger force for Michigan State in the rematch. Konz returned and played well in the Rose Bowl against Oregon.

8/20/11: Peter Konz started 11 games in 2010 after starting nine games at center in 2009. He is a big, powerful blocker who has sound technique. Konz isn't the most mobile blocker, but Wisconsin has had a lot of production running behind him and up the middle of Big Ten defenses. Konz should have another year of that type of tape for NFL evaluators.

2nd round (62)

Trade for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, round pick

276 points= 3rd ~150, 4th ~80, 5th ~35, 6th ~21  for a total of ~286

3rd trade for hoyer

Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 279.
    40 Time: 4.94. 10-Yd Split: 1.69.
    Vertical: 31. Broad: 8-8.
    Arm: 32.
    Projected Round (2012): 2-4.

3/13/12: Crick was having a mixed season before a torn pectoral muscle ended his year. He had six tackles with a sack against Washington. It was his first sack of the season, and the senior played really well. Crick was close to a number of other sacks and was having his way with the Huskies' offensive line. Against Wisconsin, he played well against the Badgers' powerful offensive line.

For the year, Crick had 22 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, one sack and one pass broken up in five games. It is unclear if he will be healthy enough to participate in pre-draft workouts. Although Crick ran at the Combine, but wasn't ready to do the bench press. Until his health status is cleared up, his draft stock is very fluid.

8/21/11: Jared Crick got noticed in 2009, when he had a strong season next to Ndamukong Suh. Crick recorded 9.5 sacks with 12.5 tackles for a loss with 73 tackles. In 2010, Crick started out slowly as he adjusted to life without Suh. As the season progressed, Crick picked up his play with seven sacks in the final eight games. For the season, he totaled 9.5 sacks with 14.5 tackles for a loss and 70 tackles. At the pro level, Crick looks like he could fit as a five-technique defensive end in a 3-4 defense, or stay as a 4-3 defensive tackle.

3rd from trade

George Iloka, S, Boise State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
    40 Time: 4.59.
    Bench: 20.
    Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 10-4.
    Arm: 34 1/2. Hand: 9 5/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

3/29/12: In 2011, Iloka was second on Boise State in tackles with 58, but had zero interceptions and only one pass broken up. Against TCU, he gave up some passes deep downfield. Additionally, Arizona State torched Iloka in the Bowl game. That being said, he did well defending the run for the Broncos.

Iloka helped his stock by playing well at the Senior Bowl. The big safety was physical and stood out by being around the ball and making some plays in the short to intermediate part of the field. At the Combine, his tightness was exposed as he is too stiff to turn his hips and run. That will be a big issue for Iloka in the NFL. He was the epitome of high and tight in the field drills, and that will hurt his stock in the passing-driven NFL.

8/26/11: George Iloka is entering his third season as a starter and fourth season of significant playing time. In his career, he made the majority of his splash plays as a freshman, notching four interceptions with 6.5 tackles for a loss, one sack and 63 tackles. In Iloka's first year as a starter, his numbers dipped to 48 tackles with 2.5 tackles for a loss and one interception. Last season, he had 63 tackles with two tackles for a loss and two interceptions. Iloka is an experienced player with size. He needs to increase his takeaways as a senior.

3rd pick 93

Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 197.
    40 Time: 4.41. 10-Yd Split: 1.50
    Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-8.
    Arm: 31. Hand: 8 5/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

3/12/12: Pead helped himself with a nice week of practice at Mobile, Alabama. He performed well as a runner, receiver, blocker and returner. At the Combine, Pead ran well along with looking natural in the receiving drills. He looks like a good complEmentary back as part of a stable as an ideal third-down back.

In 2011, Pead averaged 5.3 yards per carry with 1,259 yards rushing and 12 touchdowns. He also caught 39 passes for 319 yards and three scores. Pead runs with good vision and balance. The senior had huge games against Tennessee, North Carolina State and Louisville, but he did not play well against either South Florida or Connecticut.

Pead is a good back for third down as he is a willing blocker and quality receiver. Those could be his most appealing characteristics. Pead runs too upright and will need to run with better pad level in the NFL. He also had some issues with ball security

8/18/11: The Bearcats' standout Isaiah Pead ran for 1,029 yards and six scores while averaging 6.6 yards per carry. He caught 26 passes for 190 yards and one touchdown last year. Pead runs like a downhill, power back even though he is not a big back. An aspect of Pead's game that will appeal to talent evaluators is his blitz pickup in pass protection. He shows an astute ability to identify blitzers, and get enough contact to provide time for the passer. Pead has quickness through the hole, but can be caught from behind.

4th round pick (126)

Jake Bequette, DE/OLB, Arkansas
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 275.
    40 Time: 4.78. 10-Yd Split: 1.72.
    Vertical: 34. Broad: 9-5.
    Arm: 32. Hand: 9 1/4.
    Projected Round (2012): 4.

3/14/12: Bequette had a solid Combine performance after a nice week at the Senior Bowl. He also spent some time as an outside linebacker and showed the potential to play the position in the NFL. If a 3-4 team drafts Bequette, it may want to have him drop 10 pounds so he can get quicker.

Bequette had a feast-or-famine season. He missed three games with a hamstring injury, two of which were against Alabama and Texas A&M. Bequette was quiet in some of the other games but exploded against South Carolina with three sacks and a forced fumble. For the season, he had 28 tackles with 10.5 tackles for a loss, 10 sacks and five forced fumbles. Bequette was producing well late in the regular season but was held in check by LSU. He finished his season strong with two sacks against Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl.

8/21/11: In 2010, Jake Bequette had seven sacks with 32 tackles and 8.5 tackles for a loss. He enters his senior year with 13.5 sacks over 32 starts. Bequette has already finished his bachelor's degree and is getting a master's. His intelligence and character will appeal to teams during the interview process. If Bequette adds weight, he could be a five technique in a 3-4, otherwise he looks like a left end in a 4-3 defense.

4th round (from trade)

Kashif Moore, WR, U Conneticut
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 194.
    40 Time: 4.41.
    Vertical: 43.5.
    Projected Round (2012): 4-5.

Moore is a dedicated and tireless worker. These are values that he learned early on from his father who was in the United States Air Force and taught Kashif how to be dicisplined and dedicated. “My Dad really kept his thumb on my growing up. He taught me that hard work pays off and I try to follow those words today.” It was that type of work ethic and leadership that earned him a team captain as a Senior. Moore prides himself on “setting a good example, showing up on time and showing teammates how hard to work.”

If Moore wasn’t known before the NFL combine he definitely made himself known while in Indianapolis. Moore arguably had the best workout of any WR who attended the 2012 NFL Combine. He ran an official 4.41 forty and had unofficial hand time of 4.35, which is one of the top times posted at the combine. Moore’s vertical jump of 43.5″ was the best vertical at the combine regardless of position. Moore also posted top five numbers in the 3 Cone (6.82) and the short shuttle (4.05) showcasing his change of direction and explosion in and out of breaks. The workout Wowed scouts and will universally make scouts go back and look at Moore again on film.

5th round from trade

Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 194.
    40 Time: 4.44. 10-Yd Split: 1.51.
    Vertical: 37. Broad: 10-6.
    Arm: 30 1/4.
    Projected Round (2012): 4-5.

3/29/12: A player who needed a solid showing at the Combine and got it was Judie. He ran well in the 40-yard dash and checked in bigger than expected. If Judie's physicals and interviews went well then the Combine really helped his stock. He sat on his Combine numbers at his pro day.

Judie missed six games this season, including those against Oklahoma State, and the chance to show his coverage ability against star receiver Justin Blackmon; and Oklahoma with its receivers Ryan Broyles, Kenny Stills and Jaz Reynolds. In the other games, Judie had mixed performances. He did not fare well against Baylor and its dynamic passing attack.

For the season, Judie had 22 tackles with a sack and five passes broken up. This season hurt his stock.

8/25/11: Coryell Judie has good speed with some size. He recorded four interceptions with 57 tackles and four passes broken up last season. Judie is a solid player who played well against Oklahoma's Ryan Broyles. He was an All-Big XII second-team selection for the season. If Judie can maintain his production in 2011, he should be a solid second or third-round pick.

6th round (from trade)

Ryan Miller, G, Colorado
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 321.
    40 Time: 5.27.
    Bench: 32.
    Arm: 33 1/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 6

3/6/12: Miller was shaky at the East-West Shrine. At times, he was dominant and other times he was abused. Miller struggles with his pad level and knee bend in large part because of his height. When he stands straight up, he gets beat. At the Combine, Miller looked improved. He will need a good coach in the NFL who can improve his technique.

Miller had a strong senior season with some impressive games. He showed the ability to be a forceful run blocker. Miller is a very good athlete and has excellent quickness to fire out of his stance to get to the second level. He anchors well in the pass rush and has the mobility to slide with defenders. Some teams are interested in developing Miller at right tackle. He had an impressive game against Washington.

8/20/11: Ryan Miller enters the season with a lot of preseason hype from the national media. He was an All-Big XII honorable mention in 2010 and a 12-game starter at right guard. In 2009, Miller started seven games at right guard and five games at right tackle due to injuries along the line. He is a powerful blocker who moves well for his size.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i fully expect to see jenkins on bredbru's entry
    Posted by seattlepat70

ok you got me laughing.
    i greatly appreciate that seattle. seriously.
    more laughter is a good thing.
    :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

seen this?

Getty Images

SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline wrote on his blog Monday that the Cowboys are targeting Memphis defensive tackleDontari Poe at the No. 14 pick in the draft, and Poe is the “apple of their eyes.”

But the Cowboys haven’t scheduled a club-facility visit with Poe, which doesn’t align with their usual pre-draft approach for prospects they’re targeting. Every player Dallas has picked first in the draft since 2005 has visited club headquarters before draft day. They’re usually an open book.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, however, this is a case of Dallas trying to conceal its fondness for Poe. A source told Hill that the Cowboys haven’t set up a pre-draft visit because they “like him a lot but don’t want to draw attention to him.”

So this is either a smokescreen on top of another smokescreen, an attempt at a reverse smokescreen, or a genuine attempt by Jerry Jones’ team to hide genuine interest.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

im returning to an earlier strategy. 
    if bb likes brockers or still and they fall to within reach, id offer a pick from next year and 27 if bb really likes one of them.

then jenkins at 31
    curry at 48 
    one of jeffery, jones, mcnutt, criner, quick,sanu, randle, etc late 2
    versatile  o lineman picked by scar and fs (martin,thompson, taylor) in 3 and 4

if they are not interests of bb or go too early, revert to barron,jenkins, curry,big outside wr, winn/wolfe, o lineman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Highlight vid of Damarlo Blecher, the guy I really hope the Pats take a flyer on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sf7IyYmqaM

Apparently at his pro-day he admitted the reason he was kicked off the team was drug related. This kid has 2nd round talent and the drug related charges might knock him out of the draft completely. Very similar to Hern would be great value with a 7th round pick (if the acquire one)

Esp watch the job he does staying in the play at the 3:20 mark

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm guessing when you put A,B,C,D you assume people figure there will be trades involved so it's only the first 4 picks not nessecairly picks #27, 31, 48, and 63

POSTER

A

B

C

D

SeattlePat70

Nick Perry

Brandon Thompson

Josh Robinson

Brian Quick

PatsEng

Vinny Curry

Marvin McNutt

Derek Wolfe

Trumaine Johnson

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbittz. Show fbittz's posts

(Not predicting trades. Unlikely we stay at these positions however.)

27 Harrison Smith FS
    31 Shea McClellin 3/4 OLB
    48 Kendall Reyes, DE 
    62 Brandon Boykin, CB 
    93 Marvin McNutt WR
    126 Tony Bergstrom G  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

POSTER

A

B

C

D

SeattlePat70

Nick Perry

Brandon Thompson

Josh Robinson

Brian Quick

PatsEng 

Vinny Curry 

Marvin McNutt 

Derek Wolfe 

Trumaine Johnson 

Speedster81

Michael Brockers

Mark Barron

Shea Mclellin

Bruce Irvin

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

here's my new mock! 1 st round (27) Traded for a 1 st next year and a 2 nd this year 1 st round (31) Michael Brockers*, DT, LSU Height: 6-5. Weight: 322. 40 Time: 5.33. 10-Yd Split: 1.77. Bench: 19. Vertical: 26.5. Broad: 8-9. Arm: 35. Projected Round (2012): 1. 3/14/12: Brockers' stock was rising into the top 10 before a disappointing showing at the Combine. He had a startlingly low total on the bench press while running slow. The big defensive tackle is a one-year wonder, so his stock is fluid. Brockers was one of the leaders of a group of future NFL defensive linemen at LSU. He was a disruptive force in 2011, totaling 54 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss, two sacks, one forced fumble and one blocked kick. Brockers didn't see a ton of action as a redshirt freshman in 2010, assembling only 25 tackles, one tackle for a loss and zero sacks. This year, Brockers played well in both games against Alabama. In the National Championship game, he totaled seven tackles and a blocked kick. A well-rounded player, Brockers is fast and strong. He could stay as a defensive tackle in a 4-3 defense or move to defensive end in a 3-4 set. Brockers has the length and a strong enough build to fit as a potential five-technique defensive end. 2 nd from trade Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut Height: 6-4. Weight: 299. 40 Time: 4.79. Bench: 36. Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 9-5. Arm: 33 1/4. Hand: 9 1/2. Projected Round (2012): 1-2. 3/14/12: Reyes was another defensive tackle who had a superb Combine. He was extremely fast in the 40 and looked good in the field drills. At the Senior Bowl, Reyes routinely beat offensive linemen in the one-on-one drills. He has a powerful bull rush to go along with some surprising speed rushes. The North defensive linemen really struggled with blocking him all week. Reyes is fast closing on the quarterback with the quickness off the snap to be a potential three-technique pass rusher in the NFL. Reyes played well in 2011, totaling 46 tackles with 13.5 tackles for a loss and 4.5 sack. He has some developmental skills. If Reyes gets good coaching at the NFL level, he could turn into a steal. Reyes has some nice speed and can get some pressure in the pocket. 8/21/11: Kendall Reyes is a good athlete and team leader. He has been a starter the past two seasons. In 2010, Reyes had 10 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, and 39 tackles. He also had an interception returned 79 yards. Reyes has been a leader of the program the past couple of seasons. He looks like a potential three technique in a 4-3 defense or a five technique in a 3-4 defense. 2 nd round (48 from Oakland) Peter Konz*, C, Wisconsin Height: 6-5. Weight: 314. Projected 40 Time: 5.58. Bench: 18. Arm: 33. Projected Round (2012): 2. 3/6/12: Konz had a disappointing Combine performance with only 18 reps on the bench press. He did not perform in the field drills. Konz's bench press total was surprising considering he is a power player from a collegiate offense that produces big, strong linemen. Teammate Kevin Zeitler had 32 reps in the bench press and weighs exactly the same as Konz. While his Combine performance doesn't help, when teams go back and look at the tape of last season, Konz's stock figures to get a boost. The junior produced a stack of dominant tapes for NFL evaluators in 2011. He played well against future draft picks like Michigan State's Jerel Worthy and Nebraska's Jared Crick. The Badgers have had a fabulous running offense, and Konz is an excellent run blocker. He seals holes well, gets to the second level, and puts defenders on the ground regularly. Konz did a solid job in pass protection for quarterback Russell Wilson. Late in the season, Konz dislocated his ankle and that caused him to sit out some games including the Big Ten championship. With Konz out of the game, Worthy was a much bigger force for Michigan State in the rematch. Konz returned and played well in the Rose Bowl against Oregon. 8/20/11: Peter Konz started 11 games in 2010 after starting nine games at center in 2009. He is a big, powerful blocker who has sound technique. Konz isn't the most mobile blocker, but Wisconsin has had a lot of production running behind him and up the middle of Big Ten defenses. Konz should have another year of that type of tape for NFL evaluators. 2 nd round (62) Trade for 3 rd , 4 th , 5 th , 6 th , round pick 276 points= 3 rd ~150, 4 th ~80, 5 th ~35, 6 th ~21   for a total of ~286 3 rd trade for hoyer Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska Height: 6-4. Weight: 279. 40 Time: 4.94. 10-Yd Split: 1.69. Vertical: 31. Broad: 8-8. Arm: 32. Projected Round (2012): 2-4. 3/13/12: Crick was having a mixed season before a torn pectoral muscle ended his year. He had six tackles with a sack against Washington. It was his first sack of the season, and the senior played really well. Crick was close to a number of other sacks and was having his way with the Huskies' offensive line. Against Wisconsin, he played well against the Badgers' powerful offensive line. For the year, Crick had 22 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, one sack and one pass broken up in five games. It is unclear if he will be healthy enough to participate in pre-draft workouts. Although Crick ran at the Combine, but wasn't ready to do the bench press. Until his health status is cleared up, his draft stock is very fluid. 8/21/11: Jared Crick got noticed in 2009, when he had a strong season next to Ndamukong Suh. Crick recorded 9.5 sacks with 12.5 tackles for a loss with 73 tackles. In 2010, Crick started out slowly as he adjusted to life without Suh. As the season progressed, Crick picked up his play with seven sacks in the final eight games. For the season, he totaled 9.5 sacks with 14.5 tackles for a loss and 70 tackles. At the pro level, Crick looks like he could fit as a five-technique defensive end in a 3-4 defense, or stay as a 4-3 defensive tackle. 3 rd from trade George Iloka, S, Boise State Height: 6-4. Weight: 225. 40 Time: 4.59. Bench: 20. Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 10-4. Arm: 34 1/2. Hand: 9 5/8. Projected Round (2012): 3-4. 3/29/12: In 2011, Iloka was second on Boise State in tackles with 58, but had zero interceptions and only one pass broken up. Against TCU, he gave up some passes deep downfield. Additionally, Arizona State torched Iloka in the Bowl game. That being said, he did well defending the run for the Broncos. Iloka helped his stock by playing well at the Senior Bowl. The big safety was physical and stood out by being around the ball and making some plays in the short to intermediate part of the field. At the Combine, his tightness was exposed as he is too stiff to turn his hips and run. That will be a big issue for Iloka in the NFL. He was the epitome of high and tight in the field drills, and that will hurt his stock in the passing-driven NFL. 8/26/11: George Iloka is entering his third season as a starter and fourth season of significant playing time. In his career, he made the majority of his splash plays as a freshman, notching four interceptions with 6.5 tackles for a loss, one sack and 63 tackles. In Iloka's first year as a starter, his numbers dipped to 48 tackles with 2.5 tackles for a loss and one interception. Last season, he had 63 tackles with two tackles for a loss and two interceptions. Iloka is an experienced player with size. He needs to increase his takeaways as a senior. 3 rd pick 93 Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati Height: 5-10. Weight: 197. 40 Time: 4.41. 10-Yd Split: 1.50 Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-8. Arm: 31. Hand: 8 5/8. Projected Round (2012): 3-4. 3/12/12: Pead helped himself with a nice week of practice at Mobile, Alabama. He performed well as a runner, receiver, blocker and returner. At the Combine, Pead ran well along with looking natural in the receiving drills. He looks like a good complEmentary back as part of a stable as an ideal third-down back. In 2011, Pead averaged 5.3 yards per carry with 1,259 yards rushing and 12 touchdowns. He also caught 39 passes for 319 yards and three scores. Pead runs with good vision and balance. The senior had huge games against Tennessee, North Carolina State and Louisville, but he did not play well against either South Florida or Connecticut. Pead is a good back for third down as he is a willing blocker and quality receiver. Those could be his most appealing characteristics. Pead runs too upright and will need to run with better pad level in the NFL. He also had some issues with ball security 8/18/11: The Bearcats' standout Isaiah Pead ran for 1,029 yards and six scores while averaging 6.6 yards per carry. He caught 26 passes for 190 yards and one touchdown last year. Pead runs like a downhill, power back even though he is not a big back. An aspect of Pead's game that will appeal to talent evaluators is his blitz pickup in pass protection. He shows an astute ability to identify blitzers, and get enough contact to provide time for the passer. Pead has quickness through the hole, but can be caught from behind. 4 th round pick (126) Jake Bequette, DE/OLB, Arkansas Height: 6-5. Weight: 275. 40 Time: 4.78. 10-Yd Split: 1.72. Vertical: 34. Broad: 9-5. Arm: 32. Hand: 9 1/4. Projected Round (2012): 4. 3/14/12: Bequette had a solid Combine performance after a nice week at the Senior Bowl. He also spent some time as an outside linebacker and showed the potential to play the position in the NFL. If a 3-4 team drafts Bequette, it may want to have him drop 10 pounds so he can get quicker. Bequette had a feast-or-famine season. He missed three games with a hamstring injury, two of which were against Alabama and Texas A&M. Bequette was quiet in some of the other games but exploded against South Carolina with three sacks and a forced fumble. For the season, he had 28 tackles with 10.5 tackles for a loss, 10 sacks and five forced fumbles. Bequette was producing well late in the regular season but was held in check by LSU. He finished his season strong with two sacks against Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl. 8/21/11: In 2010, Jake Bequette had seven sacks with 32 tackles and 8.5 tackles for a loss. He enters his senior year with 13.5 sacks over 32 starts. Bequette has already finished his bachelor's degree and is getting a master's. His intelligence and character will appeal to teams during the interview process. If Bequette adds weight, he could be a five technique in a 3-4, otherwise he looks like a left end in a 4-3 defense. 4 th round (from trade) Kashif Moore, WR, U Conneticut Height: 5-9. Weight: 194. 40 Time: 4.41. Vertical: 43.5. Projected Round (2012): 4-5. Moore is a dedicated and tireless worker. These are values that he learned early on from his father who was in the United States Air Force and taught Kashif how to be dicisplined and dedicated. “My Dad really kept his thumb on my growing up. He taught me that hard work pays off and I try to follow those words today.” It was that type of work ethic and leadership that earned him a team captain as a Senior. Moore prides himself on “setting a good example, showing up on time and showing teammates how hard to work.” If Moore wasn’t known before the NFL combine he definitely made himself known while in Indianapolis. Moore arguably had the best workout of any WR who attended the 2012 NFL Combine. He ran an official 4.41 forty and had unofficial hand time of 4.35, which is one of the top times posted at the combine. Moore’s vertical jump of 43.5″ was the best vertical at the combine regardless of position. Moore also posted top five numbers in the 3 Cone (6.82) and the short shuttle (4.05) showcasing his change of direction and explosion in and out of breaks. The workout Wowed scouts and will universally make scouts go back and look at Moore again on film.     5 th round from trade Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M Height: 6-0. Weight: 194. 40 Time: 4.44. 10-Yd Split: 1.51. Vertical: 37. Broad: 10-6. Arm: 30 1/4. Projected Round (2012): 4-5. 3/29/12: A player who needed a solid showing at the Combine and got it was Judie. He ran well in the 40-yard dash and checked in bigger than expected. If Judie's physicals and interviews went well then the Combine really helped his stock. He sat on his Combine numbers at his pro day. Judie missed six games this season, including those against Oklahoma State, and the chance to show his coverage ability against star receiver Justin Blackmon; and Oklahoma with its receivers Ryan Broyles, Kenny Stills and Jaz Reynolds. In the other games, Judie had mixed performances. He did not fare well against Baylor and its dynamic passing attack. For the season, Judie had 22 tackles with a sack and five passes broken up. This season hurt his stock. 8/25/11: Coryell Judie has good speed with some size. He recorded four interceptions with 57 tackles and four passes broken up last season. Judie is a solid player who played well against Oklahoma's Ryan Broyles. He was an All-Big XII second-team selection for the season. If Judie can maintain his production in 2011, he should be a solid second or third-round pick. 6 th round (from trade) Ryan Miller, G, Colorado Height: 6-7. Weight: 321. 40 Time: 5.27. Bench: 32. Arm: 33 1/8. Projected Round (2012): 6 3/6/12: Miller was shaky at the East-West Shrine. At times, he was dominant and other times he was abused. Miller struggles with his pad level and knee bend in large part because of his height. When he stands straight up, he gets beat. At the Combine, Miller looked improved. He will need a good coach in the NFL who can improve his technique. Miller had a strong senior season with some impressive games. He showed the ability to be a forceful run blocker. Miller is a very good athlete and has excellent quickness to fire out of his stance to get to the second level. He anchors well in the pass rush and has the mobility to slide with defenders. Some teams are interested in developing Miller at right tackle. He had an impressive game against Washington. 8/20/11: Ryan Miller enters the season with a lot of preseason hype from the national media. He was an All-Big XII honorable mention in 2010 and a 12-game starter at right guard. In 2009, Miller started seven games at right guard and five games at right tackle due to injuries along the line. He is a powerful blocker who moves well for his size.
    Posted by natesubs

I really like the idea of doubling up on 5 techniques early. Brockers and Reyes are quite possibly the 2 best in this years draft. The idea of Brockers at LDE, Wilfork at NT and Reyes at RDE would create Great one on one matchups for our linebackers against TE's and RB's. Those 3 could consistently occupy 5 offensive linemen, something we havent seen since 2004 when Warren, Wilfork and Seymour at his peak were doing their thing.

The only change I would make would be sandwiching 2 pass rushers between the 2 DE's. Maybe Mclellin and Bruce Irvin? If Barron however is available at 27, he would undoubtedly be my first choice due to his quality and our high need in that area. Konz while a good player would have to take a back seat to fixing the defense.

Regarding your late round picks, they all seem pretty solid however I would prioritise getting a slot/star cornerback. We have enough guys on the roster who can potentially play the perimeter pretty well but no one who plays that slot position at a high level. Ideally Im looking for a guy who is physical and can blitz, is an effective run stopper and of course has the ability to cover. Dequan Menzie and Ron Brooks were in my opinion 2 of the best at playing the position this past year and could be had anywhere from Rounds 4 to 7.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : i put something up on the "picks only" only thread. it's a table a la pats7393's mock, but instead of putting your guy for the pick, you put in who you want for the pats' top 4 picks (be realistic as much as possible).  oh what the heck, here you go... as usual the table looks funky as i have not figured out why the table looks different before and after i hit the add your reply button. i assumed pats trade down from 31 for a third second round pick.   POSTER A B C D             1 SeattlePat70 Nick Perry Brandon Thompson Josh Robinson Brian Quick 2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9           10           11           12           13           14           15           16           17           18           19           20           21           22           23           24           25           26           27           28           29            
    Posted by seattlepat70

Best case scenario for me:

27 - Barron
    31 - Still
    48 - McClellin
    62 - Robinson

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

if you looking for picks....

1a Branch
    1b Barron
    2a mcclellin
    2b S hill

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

POSTERABCD

1SeattlePat70Nick PerryBrandon ThompsonJosh RobinsonBrian Quick
    2PatsEng Vinny Curry Marvin McNutt Derek Wolfe Trumaine Johnson 
    3Speedster81Michael BrockersMark BarronShea MclellinBruce Irvin
    4PatsLiferBrockersBranchMcClellinRobinson

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I like this idea. Why don't we list our binkies per round. 1 D player and 1 O player. I'll start 1st Round: D: Michael Brockers DE/DT O: Stephen Hill WR 2nd Round: D: Vinny Curry OLB/DE O: Marvin McNutt WR 3rd Round: D: Derek Wolfe DE/DT O: Marvin Jones WR 4th Round: D: Dwight Bentley CB O: Desmond Wynn G/C? 5th Round: D: Neiko Thorpe FS/CB O: Chris Rainey RB 6th Round: D: Olivier Vernon DE/OLB O: Chase Ford TE 7th Round: D: Tashaun Gipson CB O: Matt Ryan OT UDFA: D: Dominique Hamilton DT/DE O: Damarlo Belcher WR
    Posted by PatsEng

Took me some time, but here are my favorites per round:

1st Round:

D: Mark Barron S
    O: Peter Konz C

2nd Round:

D: Smith/McClellin/Hosley/Robinson... I know, I cheated, ha.
    O: Doug Martin RB

3rd Round:

D: Cam Johnson OLB/DE
    O: Marvin Jones WR

4th Round:

D: Jake Bequette DE/OLB
    O: Greg Childs WR

5th Round:

D: Ron Brooks CB
    O: Danny Coale WR

6th Round:

D: Miles Burris LB
    O: Bryce Harris OT

7th Round:

D: Travian Robertson DL
    O: Jonas Gray RB

UDFA:

D: Taylor Thompson DE/OLB/TE
    O: John Brantley QB

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Took me some time, but here are my favorites per round: 1st Round: D: Mark Barron S O: Peter Konz C 2nd Round: D: Smith/McClellin/Hosley/Robinson... I know, I cheated, ha. O: Doug Martin RB 3rd Round: D: Cam Johnson OLB/DE O: Marvin Jones WR 4th Round: D: Jake Bequette DE/OLB O: Greg Childs WR 5th Round: D: Ron Brooks CB O: Danny Coale WR 6th Round: D: Miles Burris LB O: Bryce Harris OT 7th Round: D: Travian Robertson DL O: Jonas Gray RB UDFA: D: Taylor Thompson DE/OLB/TE O: John Brantley QB
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Good call on Konz. He has now been reclassified as a "riser" due to his pro day performance where he lifted 23 times (versus the 18 at the combine) and where his performance in the agility drills better reflected his on-field "tape" performance. His good agility showing also confirmed that he was fully recovered from his ankle injury. His selection in the first round is associated with considerably less RISK than Dre Kirpatrick or Jenkins etc. Brockers has the measurables but his selection would be based more on "potential" to perform...a risk/reward selection in hopes that he is the second coming of Richard Seymour.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! :   Good call on Konz. He has now been reclassified as a "riser" due to his pro day performance where he lifted 23 times (versus the 18 at the combine) and where his performance in the agility drills better reflected his on-field "tape" performance. His good agility showing also confirmed that he was fully recovered from his ankle injury. His selection in the first round is associated with considerably less RISK than Dre Kirpatrick or Jenkins etc. Brockers has the measurables but his selection would be based more on "potential" to perform...a risk/reward selection in hopes that he is the second coming of Richard Seymour.
    Posted by moskk

moskk, thanks man.  I just find it hard to project any sort of O-skill player on offense in Rd 1 for them.  I don't see them targeting a WR (Jeffery/Randle?) that high, same for RB (Martin/Wilson/Miller?) and while I see a ton of value in adding a kid like Fleener, I'd be suprised if they took another TE that high... especially with 2/3 already on the roster already.  That's what drove me to OL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

POSTER

A

B

C

D

SeattlePat70

Nick Perry

Brandon Thompson

Josh Robinson

Brian Quick

PatsEng 

Vinny Curry 

Marvin McNutt 

Derek Wolfe 

Trumaine Johnson 

Speedster81

Michael Brockers

Mark Barron

Shea Mclellin

Bruce Irvin

PatsLifer

Brockers

Branch

McClellin

Robinson

5              brd/bred      brockers jenkins   curry  sanu/jones/toon/jeffery/mcnutt

or still        jenkins   currry sanu/jones/toon/jeffery/mcnutt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

brockers, mclellin and robinson are very popular on this thread

POSTER

A

B

C

D

SeattlePat70

Nick Perry

Brandon Thompson

Josh Robinson

Brian Quick

Patseng