***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!

My eyes were playing tricks on me. Here's the corrected entries.

POSTER

A

B

C

D

SeattlePat70

Nick

Perry

Brandon Thompson

Josh Robinson

Brian Quick

Patseng

Vinny Curry

Mrvin McNutt

Derek Wolfe

Trumaine Johnson

Speedster81

Michael Brockers

Mark Barron

Shea Mclellin

Bruce Irvin

Patslifer

Brockers

Branch

Mclellin

Robinson

Rameakap

Barron

Still

Mclellin

Robinson

Fishers5

Branch

Barron

Mclellin

Stephen Hill

Brd/Bred

Brockers

Jenkins

Curry

Sanu/ Jones/ Toon/ Jeffrey/ Mcnutt

Brd/Bred

Still

Jenkins

Curry

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Mine, 1a Still or Reyes 1b McClellin 2a Harrison Smith 2b Marvin Jones

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!:
    [QUOTE]My eyes were playing tricks on me. Here's the corrected entries.   POSTER A B C D             1 SeattlePat70 Nick Perry Brandon Thompson Josh Robinson Brian Quick 2 Patseng Vinny Curry Mrvin McNutt Derek Wolfe Trumaine Johnson 3 Speedster81 Michael Brockers Mark Barron Shea Mclellin Bruce Irvin 4 Patslifer Brockers Branch Mclellin Robinson 5 Rameakap Barron Still Mclellin Robinson 6 Fishers5 Branch Barron Mclellin Stephen Hill 7 Brd/Bred Brockers Jenkins Curry Sanu/ Jones/ Toon/ Jeffrey/ Mcnutt 8 Brd/Bred Still Jenkins Curry Sanu/ Jones/ Toon/ Jeffrey/ Mcnutt
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

thanks for the assist seattle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I would play Mock draft but until I know what BB is going to do in the way of trades on draft day it's a fruitless exercise. BB takes all the fun out playing Draft Guru! You can almost bet the house he isn't drafting at one of the two first round positions and quite possibly he trades both picks! He has practically hired every FA WR he could find so that would eliminate WR needs,He's signed three decent D-linemen types,A safety,and two CB's and one LB as well as one O-lineman oh and lest I should forget the TE! Cripesakes he just covered all of his teams needs in FA!!13 total FA's not counting the Patriots own FA's. So folks as much as I'd like to say I know what direction BB's going to take, I know I won't be right. Let just say his first pick will be a defender,please don't ask in what round....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't know how the other folks are picking their four. mine were binky picks - not predicting what bb would pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

POSTER

A

B

C

D

SeattlePat70

Nick Perry

Brandon Thompson

Josh Robinson

Brian Quick

Patseng

Vinny Curry

Mrvin McNutt

Derek Wolfe

Trumaine Johnson

Speedster81

Michael Brockers

Mark Barron

Shea Mclellin

Bruce Irvin

Patslifer

Brockers

Branch

Mclellin

Robinson

Rameakap

Barron

Still

Mclellin

Robinson

Fishers5

Branch

Barron

Mclellin

Stephen Hill

Brd/Bred

Brockers

Jenkins

Curry

Brd/Bred

Still

Jenkins

Curry

Pats7393

Still/ Reyes

Mclellin

Harrison Smith

Marvin Jones

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]i don't know how the other folks are picking their four. mine were binky picks - not predicting what bb would pick.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

exactly,aint much fun in tryin to guess bb.
    but tryin to share what might be the best picks for us is.
    thanks fro a new creative twist seattle. things have been too slow on the board lately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I am rethinking who the pats may target in the draft and I dont think it will be brockers, still, Reyes nor cox. Some of that list will be there at 27, some won't. I don't think they will trade up for any of these kids, and I don't see them making the pick at 27 If still or Reyes are there. I can see the pats looking later in this draft for DL, possibly at kids like Winn, Martin, Wolfe, etc. round 2 or later guys to bolster depth along the DL, maybe upgrades / insurance for love, Pryor, warren, deaderick, etc. I see the pats trading one or both of their firsts for multiple 2's and 3's and once again drafting in their sweet spot from 33-62 or so. There is good talent there and I think an overall lack of elite talent outside of pick 15-20 of this draft. So, from this point forward, I am looking solely at round 2 -4. I was high on Wolfe earlier in the year, but have since regained my enthusiasm due in large part to PatsEng. I think Wolfe could be a prime target for us in round 2. I am going to look over MB's latest picks per round and come back with a totally different set of targets based on the above.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats trade up a few spots in the first round of this draft.  The Broncos (who pick at 25) biggest needs are probably the offensive and defensive lines and maybe ILB.  It seems like picking an offensive lineman in that spot would be a serious reach unless there is a surprising faller on draft day.  This means that they may be taking a defensive lineman (Brockers, Still) who may still be on the board.  That may mean trading the 27th and a third to the Steelers for their 1st and a fourth, although they may not want to move behind Denver if they really covet D. Hightower.  The same trade value would probably work to get the 23rd pick from the Lions who don't look like they need DL help.  They are probably looking for a CB, S WR, OL, or RB.  They may be reluctant to trade if a reciever or corner they have their eye on fall to this spot.  To trade up to Cleveland you'd probably be looking at giving up the 3rd pick with no pick coming back (maybe a 6th or 7th).  Cleveland seems willing to trade down for quantity so they would be a willing partner.  The only reason I could see the Pats moving this far is if in their conversations with the previous teams they seem unwilling to move their picks.  Detroit and Pittsburg probably don't have the same needs the Pats do so the Pats don't have to worry about getting in front of them (unless they're really trying for Barron who Detroit may want).
    That's really about the range I see them moving up to if a DL they really like slides.  If they make a move like this (and even if they don't) they will most likely try to trade that 31 pick for a future 1st and a second or third this year.  For the second rounders, the Pats have been known to move up or down in this round based on who's available.  They may have an eye on McClellin if he makes it through the first round or even double dip with Reyes if he's still on the board.  To move up to get either one of these guys at the top they would probably need to trade 48 and the third rounder that we recieved from the trade of 31. (We'd probably get a 4th back in that trade because I'm assuming an earlier 3rd round pick).  At 62 we could go in a number or directions such as G with Silatolu, DE with Derek Wolfe, or OLB with Chandler Jones.  Then with two picks in round 4, since I have us trading out of round three I would go with Greg Childs and Brandon Taylor.
    That was a long post to get us:
    Michael Brockers
    Shea McClellin/Kendall Reyes
    Amini Silatolu/ Derek Wolfe/Chandler Jones
    Greg Childs
    Brandon Taylor

I would have no trouble doubling up on DE's such as Brockers and Reyes or Wolfe.  I don't think that roster size would enable us to do the same at OLB with McClellin and Jones.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I've actually heard that the Bronco's might be targeting a DB if Kirkpatrick or Gilmore slips down a little. I never thought about it honestly, because they have 2 pro-bowl corners, but how much longer will either last in the league? Both are getting up in age and will need to be replaced sooner rather then later. Given the depth of the DL where players at #25 might not make a huge difference then one you can get at #57 they might actually go after one of the top 3-4 CB's if one should fall into their laps

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

POSTERABCD

1SeattlePat70Nick PerryBrandon ThompsonJosh RobinsonBrian Quick
    2PatsengVinny CurryMrvin McNuttDerek WolfeTrumaine Johnson
    3Speedster81Michael BrockersMark BarronShea MclellinBruce Irvin
    4PatsliferBrockersBranchMclellinRobinson
    5RameakapBarronStillMclellinRobinson
    6Fishers5BranchBarronMclellinStephen Hill
    7Brd/BredBrockersJenkinsCurrySanu/ Jones/ Toon/ Jeffrey/ Mcnutt
    8Brd/BredStillJenkinsCurrySanu/ Jones/ Toon/ Jeffrey/ Mcnutt
    9Pats7393Still/ ReyesMclellinHarrison SmithMarvin Jones
    10mbBarron/UpshawHightower/ReyesSmith/Doug MartinMcClellin/Robinson
    Rds 3-4Jones/Cam JohnsonChilds/ Wylie

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

POSTERABCD

1SeattlePat70Nick PerryBrandon ThompsonJosh RobinsonBrian Quick
    2PatsengVinny CurryMrvin McNuttDerek WolfeTrumaine Johnson
    3Speedster81Michael BrockersMark BarronShea MclellinBruce Irvin
    4PatsliferBrockersBranchMclellinRobinson
    5RameakapBarronStillMclellinRobinson
    6Fishers5BranchBarronMclellinStephen Hill
    7Brd/BredBrockersJenkinsCurrySanu/ Jones/ Toon/ Jeffrey/ Mcnutt
    8Brd/BredStillJenkinsCurrySanu/ Jones/ Toon/ Jeffrey/ Mcnutt
    9Pats7393Still/ ReyesMclellinHarrison SmithMarvin Jones
    10mbBarron/UpshawHightower/ReyesSmith/MartinMcClellin/Robinson
    Rds 3-4Jones/Cam JohnsonChilds/ Wylie
    11 titletownfan Barron Reyes McClellin T. Johnson

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

PE,
    I think your cash advance has officially reached Kiper's checking account ;)

Here's pick 31 in his latest mock... he also had McClellin at #27.

Derek Wolfe, DL, Cincinnati

Will fit best as a 3-4 DE, where he can use his size (6-5, 295) to become a disruptive pass-rusher. Not considered explosive in terms of foot speed, he plays with great leverage and can disrupt pockets by driving linemen back, demanding extra help. Another good fit for the Patriots as they add pieces up front.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]I would play Mock draft but until I know what BB is going to do in the way of trades on draft day it's a fruitless exercise. BB takes all the fun out playing Draft Guru! You can almost bet the house he isn't drafting at one of the two first round positions and quite possibly he trades both picks! He has practically hired every FA WR he could find so that would eliminate WR needs,He's signed three decent D-linemen types,A safety,and two CB's and one LB as well as one O-lineman oh and lest I should forget the TE! Cripesakes he just covered all of his teams needs in FA!!13 total FA's not counting the Patriots own FA's. So folks as much as I'd like to say I know what direction BB's going to take, I know I won't be right. Let just say his first pick will be a defender,please don't ask in what round....
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]
    That's the brilliance of BB, now he can go after the BPA. Or as you indirectly suggest he can trade entirely into 2013! All kidding aside, would you as GM trade a 1st next year and a 2nd this year for a 2012 1st? I'm always amazed how BB finds a sucker gm willing to make such a deal. I've got to think that at some point all the gms must see how bad a deal these kinds of trade are for them. I guess the question for this year is since, after the first 15 or so picks, with the value between say 20 and 60 being somewhat equal, will that encouarge more trading or less?
    !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats trade up a few spots in the first round of this draft.  The Broncos (who pick at 25) biggest needs are probably the offensive and defensive lines and maybe ILB.  It seems like picking an offensive lineman in that spot would be a serious reach unless there is a surprising faller on draft day.  This means that they may be taking a defensive lineman (Brockers, Still) who may still be on the board.  That may mean trading the 27th and a third to the Steelers for their 1st and a fourth, although they may not want to move behind Denver if they really covet D. Hightower.  The same trade value would probably work to get the 23rd pick from the Lions who don't look like they need DL help.  They are probably looking for a CB, S WR, OL, or RB.  They may be reluctant to trade if a reciever or corner they have their eye on fall to this spot.  To trade up to Cleveland you'd probably be looking at giving up the 3rd pick with no pick coming back (maybe a 6th or 7th).  Cleveland seems willing to trade down for quantity so they would be a willing partner.  The only reason I could see the Pats moving this far is if in their conversations with the previous teams they seem unwilling to move their picks.  Detroit and Pittsburg probably don't have the same needs the Pats do so the Pats don't have to worry about getting in front of them (unless they're really trying for Barron who Detroit may want). That's really about the range I see them moving up to if a DL they really like slides.  If they make a move like this (and even if they don't) they will most likely try to trade that 31 pick for a future 1st and a second or third this year.  For the second rounders, the Pats have been known to move up or down in this round based on who's available.  They may have an eye on McClellin if he makes it through the first round or even double dip with Reyes if he's still on the board.  To move up to get either one of these guys at the top they would probably need to trade 48 and the third rounder that we recieved from the trade of 31. (We'd probably get a 4th back in that trade because I'm assuming an earlier 3rd round pick).  At 62 we could go in a number or directions such as G with Silatolu, DE with Derek Wolfe, or OLB with Chandler Jones.  Then with two picks in round 4, since I have us trading out of round three I would go with Greg Childs and Brandon Taylor. That was a long post to get us: Michael Brockers Shea McClellin/Kendall Reyes Amini Silatolu/ Derek Wolfe/Chandler Jones Greg Childs Brandon Taylor I would have no trouble doubling up on DE's such as Brockers and Reyes or Wolfe.  I don't think that roster size would enable us to do the same at OLB with McClellin and Jones.
    Posted by paularnold[/QUOTE]
    Whoa, a trade with Pitt would be surreal for obvious reasons. But you're spot on with the trade with Cleveland requiring the 3rd rounder. However, I think BB will most likely trade with an NFC team. Yes, I know he's made trades with AFC teams but I view those as special circumstances. I see Detroit as the most likely partner. It's a 4 place move which BB is comfortable with. It would cost the 3rd rounder but would net a late round pick which could be used to maneuver the 2nd round. The Bears are also a possibility which would cost the late 2nd rounder with a 4th and 7th in return. Otherwise, it'll be trade down city. This, of course is based upon the current trade value chart. Which begs another question. Will it still be adhered to or will another take it's place?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BB,
    Get me Miles Burris.

Wow... just fvkcen wow... I'm at a loss for words.

I'll put it like this... I know it's a highlight video which is intended to show a player the most positive light but, Miles Burris has the best motor of any player that I've seen on tape.  I mean, if you wanna see just one example, check out the play at the 1:51 mark of the link below... chasing that back down 60 yds down the field... just insane.

This kid is the epitome of what I look for in a "football player".  His combo of instincts, closing speed, physicality, versatility and motor/want/desire are just off the charts, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtlONCH8jPA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]BB, Get me Miles Burris. Wow... just fvkcen wow... I'm at a loss for words. I'll put it like this... I know it's a highlight video which is intended to show a player the most positive light but,  Miles Burris has the best motor of any player that I've seen on tape.   I mean, if you wanna see just one example, check out the play at the 1:51 mark of the link below... chasing that back down 60 yds down the field... just insane. This kid is the epitome of what I look for in a "football player".  His combo of instincts, closing speed, physicality, versatility and motor/want/desire are just off the charts, IMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtlONCH8jPA
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

he's only 6'-2" and a 4.68 40 time 32" arms doesn't sound much like a BB OLB.

Upside:

• Productive
    • Aggressive attacking, setting the edge
    • Flies to the ball
    • Sacrifices his body
    • Plays physical
    • Excellent weight-room strength
    • Very coachable

Downside:

• Tightly wound
    • Plays too recklessly
    • Misses some tackles in space
    • Try-hard athlete — forced movement skill
    • Stays locked up
    • Marginal in coverage — no ball production

The Way We See It:

Very strong, short-armed, high-motor achiever with the energy desired off the edges in an aggressive 3-4 front. Relentless effort is his best trait and could allow him to overcome his athletic limitations in the pros.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/miles-burris-9/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : he's only 6'-2" and a 4.68 40 time 32" arms doesn't sound much like a BB OLB. Upside: • Productive • Aggressive attacking, setting the edge • Flies to the ball • Sacrifices his body • Plays physical • Excellent weight-room strength • Very coachable Downside: • Tightly wound • Plays too recklessly • Misses some tackles in space • Try-hard athlete — forced movement skill • Stays locked up • Marginal in coverage — no ball production The Way We See It: Very strong, short-armed, high-motor achiever with the energy desired off the edges in an aggressive 3-4 front. Relentless effort is his best trait and could allow him to overcome his athletic limitations in the pros. http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/miles-burris-9/  
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

He's not a base 34 OLB, but projects well as a speed rusher/blitzer off the edge and could be used as an OLB in 43 sets or kicked inside in a when they go 34.  I also think he has the instincts and closing ability to play the ever elusive S/LB hybrid role.  Just a very, very versatile football player, IMO.  I have him in Rd 4.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : He's not a base 34 OLB, but projects well as a speed rusher/blitzer off the edge and could be used as an OLB in 43 sets or kicked inside in a when they go 34.  I also think he has the instincts and closing ability to play the ever elusive S/LB hybrid role.  Just a very, very versatile football player, IMO.  I have him in Rd 4.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

round four is way too high for a guy who doesn't really fit our system.  in round four you could get a guy like jake Bequette who could be a stud pass rusher like anderson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : round four is way too high for a guy who doesn't really fit our system.  in round four you could get a guy like jake Bequette who could be a stud pass rusher like anderson.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

I have Bequette ahead of Burris on my board (both in Rd 4), posted on my board thread.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Guys,

The guy is already a beast, a real mountain of a man at 6-5, 322 and keep in mind.  He's a RS Sophomore who can already stop the run at the NFL level.  I don't see Brockers getting past the Eagles at 15. Assuming he does, there are a lot of teams between 15 and us who would take him like the Jets, Titans, Steelers, and Broncos to name a few.

I was a little surprised that we had him in for a visit considering he isn't expected to make it to 27.  Maybe BB was just doing his due diligence in case he somehow slips to within range, IDK.  But just maybe, he will package picks to move up to get him.  The Eagles, like us, are notorious for draft day trades and adding picks.  Would we give up both 1sts to go to 15 and get Brockers?

I think I would do it.  In looking at our roster, we have a hole at 5 technique and at FS.  We have several warm bodies who can play weakside OLB.  Other needs at RB, WR and CB pale in comparison for a chance to finally replace Big Sey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Faucetman, As stated earlier I think Brockers (10-20 range) would cost at least a 1st and a 3rd and more likely a 1st and 2nd. Brockers can play the 3 technique and the five. He even had some time at the nose, but that's Wilfork's spot in the 3-4. You get the idea though; that Brockers has scheme versatility, something that BB always looks for. Technically in a 4-3 alignment you could have Wilfork and Brockers at DE. Still like McClellin at OLB in 3-4. Maybe see if he can play the Sam.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I'll add my swami guess on the 1st four picks
    -  Gilmore
    -  McCellin (sp?)
    -  Wolfe
    -  M. Jones

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Faucetman, As stated earlier I think Brockers (10-20 range) would cost at least a 1st and a 3rd and more likely a 1st and 2nd. Brockers can play the 3 technique and the five. He even had some time at the nose, but that's Wilfork's spot in the 3-4. You get the idea though; that Brockers has scheme versatility, something that BB always looks for. Technically in a 4-3 alignment you could have Wilfork and Brockers at DE. Still like McClellin at OLB in 3-4. Maybe see if he can play the Sam.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    No doubt Brockers would be a great addition.  I think to get in the 15 range would be richer than a 1st and 2nd.  Although I would love to get Brockers I don't know that I would pay that price.  I would go 31 and 48 for him though but not sure we can get there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Pat riots Draft Thread*** : No doubt Brockers would be a great addition.  I think to get in the 15 range would be richer than a 1st and 2nd.  Although I would love to get Brockers I don't know that I would pay that price.  I would go 31 and 48 for him though but not sure we can get there.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]
    15 is worth 1050 points on the current trade chart. 27 and 48 would equal 1100 points, 31 and 48 would equal 1020 points.

Sections
Shortcuts