***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Not enough for me.  We have that in Slater.  Worst pick on paper I've seen in a long time.  What a wasted pick.  So disappointed.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

especially considering what was on the board!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Mankins was suppose to go in the late 2nd to mid 3rd and Vollmer was considered a 4th rounder with 3 round up side. Wilson was considered at most a low 4th round pick and more then likely a 5th or 6th. Slightly different. Seems like a project S they hope will develop. Not expecting anything this year from him except to see hi as a gunner. Hope he can develop given the DB coach isn't great at developing DB's  Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE] I hear ya man, but this is a very big reach with a valuable pick that could have been spent on Reyes or another top flight player. We could have easily had him at the end of round 2. That is my only beef here. Not a value pick, but more of a reach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]LOL could've had your center for the next 10 years. End up with a guy who will be cut inside of 2...classic BB. Sure he's an excellent GM....right!
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

could've had your center for the next 10 years. End up with a guy who will be cut inside of 2...classic BB.

agreed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]OK...remember last year that we thought the same thing about Stevan Ridley. Looking for a silver lining here.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Oh, and Ridley just lead the league in rushing, didn't he?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Mankins was suppose to go in the late 2nd to mid 3rd and Vollmer was considered a 4th rounder with 3 round up side. Wilson was considered at most a low 4th round pick and more then likely a 5th or 6th. Slightly different. Seems like a project S they hope will develop. Not expecting anything this year from him except to see hi as a gunner. Hope he can develop given the DB coach isn't great at developing DB's 
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    No silver lining here.  This kid wasn't even in the top 200 on most boards.  There was no buzz about him that I know about.  Mayock said he was a riser, sure from what, 7th round to 4th?  And we get him in the middle of the 2nd.  What scout recommended him, the same guy that called Price, Wheatley, Brace, Cunningham and Butler?  Someone get me a noose and a rope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

that's like picking a likely backup at best when there are potential starters still available.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Did BB think another team was gonna take him between 48 and 62?
    Crazy. f'n crazy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'm baffled.  Biggest surprise pick I can remember from BB and there have been a few.  Gotta try to have faith.  Just shocking.  Konz, Randle, Reyes.  Dammit.  James!!  I would have preferred a straight trade out or even a pass. God!!!

this is th epoint all of wht they passed on that was availabel at 48

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": I hear ya man, but this is a very big reach with a valuable pick that could have been spent on Reyes or another top flight player. We could have easily had him at the end of round 2. That is my only beef here. Not a value pick, but more of a reach.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

DOn't get me wrong, I was commenting towards the him saying Vollmer and Mankins were reaches too. Frankly I hate this pick

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Who took my barf bag??  Where's the damn shot gun and what the heck happened to my bottle of Oxy?  I can't even find my damn razor blades.  Hard to watch the rest now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I'm with you, sml.

Just trying to not throw up, right now.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Oh, and Ridley just lead the league in rushing, didn't he?
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

This is preceisely what has killed us in the last five years. Sencond and third round busts....all those extra picks don't mean crap if you wash them down the tubes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

U see this bad teams making great picks BB really gets to me when he thinks he can out smart everyone else....SMH

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : No silver lining here.  This kid wasn't even in the top 200 on most boards.  There was no buzz about him that I know about.  Mayock said he was a riser, sure from what, 7th round to 4th?  And we get him in the middle of the 2nd.  What scout recommended him, the same guy that called Price, Wheatley, Brace, Cunningham and Butler?  Someone get me a noose and a rope.

the same guy that called Price, Wheatley, Brace, Cunningham and Butler?

with round 1 talent available.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]You don't take a special teams guy at the top of the 2nd round.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

especially when you only have 4 picks... could have gotten a 3 and  a 5 and still got him ..

MB do you have any data on Wilson?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Silver lining.... Maybe he is insurance on Chung should he get hurt or the pats don't resign him. He seems to be more of a SS mold than fs, or coverage guy. This may suggest BB doesn't like ihedigbo, Barrett, brown. I think he is an upgrade over them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

this is the result when you have an organization where no one will tell the emperor he has no clothes (ie tell him something he doesnt want to hear, so you have joint smart decisions).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : the same guy that called Price, Wheatley, Brace, Cunningham and Butler? with round 1 talent available.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I was so excited to go out with my wife tonight....

...and nowif I do I'm going to get the business about 'why can't you just have fun?' and 'helllooo, where are you right now' and 'you need to see a therapist if a draft pick ruins our night together'

good GOD WHY????

I should just down a pint in the next 10 mins and go to bed

It is picks like this that cost us SUPER BOWLS!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

I think Bill just likes to screw with the fan's heads....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Just heard the kid wasn't even home watching the draft.  He was in Napal with the dalai lama getting off his yak and getting ready to tee off on a edge of a glacier looking for his moment of consciousness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Silver lining.... Maybe he is insurance on Chung should he get hurt or the pats don't resign him. He seems to be more of a SS mold than fs, or coverage guy. This may suggest BB doesn't like ihedigbo, Barrett, brown. I think he is an upgrade over them.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

why did we pay gregory 4 mil then?

sh@t there geos broyles

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

det gambles big

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Over under is set at 18 months... he won't cut him this year just because he took him in the second round.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The only way we could have done worse was to give the pick to the Jets.  I'm seriously slashing my wrists right now.  Someone call 911.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

hrm, think someone wrote down the wrong name and screwed up somehow? Any other Wilson's in the draft?