***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    Maybe, BB eeds some more tennis balls. Is this kid related to the Wilson tennis ball maker?
    Posted by PatsEng

:)

ill forgive him if we win a super bowl :)

early intermittant senility?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

I guess we're supposed to just forget we had the 48th pick in a deep draft....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't want Thompson, we already have Love. Similar types of players. Just be another wasted pick imo. How about Josh Robertson or if they feel like reaching anyways Rainey would be nice

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

"With the 62rd pick in the 2012 draft, the New England Patriots select Bozo the Clown...."

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I don't want Thompson, we already have Love. Similar types of players. Just be another wasted pick imo. How about Josh Robertson or if they feel like reaching anyways Rainey would be nice
    Posted by PatsEng

they listened to you. they traded down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

you know what, they took 2 edge rushers who could be impact players. I'll give them a pass with Wilson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Posted by PatsEng

raiiney or one of the big wr's left.
    is childs still on the board. i barley have been listening

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : they listened to you. they traded down.
    Posted by seattlepat70

yes but I wanted it at #48 lol

I'd much rather have Konz or well Trumaine or Ron Brooks at #63 and trade #48 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : they listened to you. they traded down.
    Posted by seattlepat70

Maybe they're afraid to make another pick....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Glad we traded down.  Maybe we can get one of those cool travel kits with a new tooth brush, razor, shaving cream and toothpaste.  That would be better value than what they got at 48. 

I hope this Wilson kid comes in with a chip on his shoulder proving us all wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

2 positions on this team where our Scouting Dept, just does not seem to find players. Defensive Backfield and the Wideouts. We dont get PLAYMAKERS. Dont care about systems you must find playmakers.
    Posted by bobbysu

that was why my advocating jenkins or kirpatrick. at least get a guy who can play the psotion well.

oh well.
    we'll
     have what we have

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

WILSON AWARDS & HONORS Honorable Mention All-Big Ten (2010 & 2011) Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (10/10) CFPA National Defensive Performer and DB of the Week (10/10/11) Big Ten Sportsmanship Honoree (2010) AT ILLINOIS 2011 - Senior: Honorable mention All-Big Ten selection by the coaches ... Team captain ... Named team's outstanding defensive back at the annual postseason banquet ... Started all 13 games ... Finished third on the team with 81 tackles ... Notched seven tackles and one TFL in win over UCLA in Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl ... Recorded seven tackles and one PBU against Minnesota ... Posted seven tackles and one TFL against Wisconsin ... Led the Illini with 11 tackles, one fumble recovery and one interception against Michigan ... Recorded six tackles, one forced fumble and one PBU against Ohio State ... Led the team with 11 total tackles, a career-best 3.5 TFLs, one sack and returned a fumble 66 yards for a touchdown in victory over Indiana ... Posted six tackles and 0.5 TFL against Northwestern ... Recorded seven tackles, one PBU and one QB hurry against Western Michigan ... Tied team-high with eight tackles and had a half-TFL and a PBU in win over Arizona State ... Tied for team lead with five tackles and had one PBU in win over South Dakota State. 2010 - Junior: All-Big Ten honorable mention (coaches and media) ... Named team's Outstanding Defensive Back at annual postseason banquet ... Illinois' honoree for Big Ten Sportsmanship Award ... Started all 13 games at safety ... Had 48 tackles on the season along with 2.0 TFL, a team-high eight PBUs, one interception and two fumble recoveries ... Secured seven tackles and one PBU in Texas Bowl win over Baylor ... Recorded five tackles, 1.5 TFLs and one PBU against Minnesota ... Recorded first interception of 2010 and two tackles in win over Indiana ... Posted four tackles and one PBU in win at Penn State ... Tallied seven tackles against Ohio State ... Had two tackles, a PBU and a fumble recovery against Northern Illinois ... Had a career-best three PBUs and recorded five tackles in win over Southern Illinois ... Tallied first career fumble recovery, along with four tackles in season-opener against Missouri ... Moved to safety before 2010 season after playing his first two seasons at cornerback ... Preseason fourth-team All-Big Ten by Phil Steele's College Football Preview. 2009 - Sophomore: Started all 12 games, finishing third on the team with 74 tackles and leading the team with seven passes broken up ... Recorded seven solo tackles, including one for loss, in the season finale against Fresno State ... Posted five tackles, including one for loss, and a pass break up against No. 5 Cincinnati ... Was second on the team with 11 tackles, including a career-best 10 solo stops, against Northwestern ... Had five tackles and two passes broken up in win over Michigan ... Posted one tackle at Purdue ... Named Midseason Third-Team All-Big Ten by Phil Steele Magazine ... Posted seven tackles at Indiana ... Led the team with a career-best 13 tackles, including a tackle for loss and an interception that set up Illinois' first touchdown vs. Michigan State ... Posted five tackles and one pass broken up against Ohio State ... Recorded six tackles, including a career-best five solo stops and two passes broken up against Illinois State ... Logged seven tackles and a career-best 1.5 tackles for loss against Missouri. 2008 - Freshman: Played in 11 games as a true-freshman on both special teams and defense, recording 11 tackles and one PBU on the season ... Was in on 160 defensive snaps ... Posted two tackles and broke up a pass in the season finale at Northwestern ... Had a career-high five tackles against Western Michigan, including four solos ... Recorded his first career tackles against Eastern Illinois, including a TFL for a loss of one yard.
    Posted by Faucetman

I see a lot of PBUs  ..is that Punts Blocked U ???

If thats the case than thats the key.. we didnt need a better D to win the SB just more pressure on the Giants punter.. who lets face it ..he killed us with field position.

This is BB at his best.. refining the small overlooked ( by other teams) details.

Gotta be on board now!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

"With the 62rd pick in the 2012 draft, the New England Patriots select Bozo the Clown...."
    Posted by sml1210

I'd take Bozo over Wilson.  There goes James.  He could have been a Pat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

i just had dinner and couldnt keep it down thinking of that fukin pick we could of had currry or lamichael james would of help more......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Glad we traded down.  Maybe we can get one of those cool travel kits with a new tooth brush, razor, shaving cream and toothpaste.  That would be better value than what they got at 48.  I hope this Wilson kid comes in with a chip on his shoulder proving us all wrong.
    Posted by Faucetman

oh my god, back now.
    so we will be beyond the talent dropping in teh 2nd round?

what picks did they get?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I see a lot of PBUs  ..is that Punts Blocked U ??? If thats the case than thats the key.. we didnt need a better D to win the SB just more pressure on the Giants punter.. who lets face it ..he killed us with field position. This is BB at his best.. refining the small overlooked ( by other teams) details. Gotta be on board now!
    Posted by mgraham

I think it means Passes Broken Up, LOL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I'd take Bozo over Wilson.  There goes James.  He could have been a Pat.
    Posted by Faucetman

wAS JSUT THINING THAT

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

this is why the green bay packers is going to keep winning super bowls SMH

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What did the pats get in the GB trade?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

3rd and 5th. At least BB has to tune in tomorrow

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

who do you guys want at 90. i am not asking on 163.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Another wasted 2nd round...at least we did well in round 1

Sections
Shortcuts