***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]Glad we traded down.  Maybe we can get one of those cool travel kits with a new tooth brush, razor, shaving cream and toothpaste.  That would be better value than what they got at 48.  I hope this Wilson kid comes in with a chip on his shoulder proving us all wrong.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

he's not reading boston.com threads

he'll be scared to death knowing he's not good enough to deserve being picked this high and that he will have to justify the trust of the mighty Bill Belichick and perform on a team gunning for a super bowl as the projected starting free safety (based on being pick 48) when he is a special teamer

then the 1st time we look weak at either interior line, all the fans will point to the STUDS we passed on at those spots or when Iloka, Dennard, Johnson, Robinson, etc. etc. ETC turn into very good players... he will look worse and worse

Butler was projectd 25-50 and couldn't cut it here... this kid has the weight of the world on his shoulders

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : he's not reading boston.com threads he'll be scared to death knowing he's not good enough to deserve being picked this high and that he will have to justify the trust of the mighty Bill Belichick and perform on a team gunning for a super bowl as the projected starting free safety (based on being pick 48) when he is a special teamer then the 1st time we look weak at either interior line, all the fans will point to the STUDS we passed on at those spots or when Iloka, Dennard, Johnson, Robinson, etc. etc. ETC turn into very good players... he will look worse and worse Butler was projectd 25-50 and couldn't cut it here... this kid has the weight of the world on his shoulders
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

This kid won't be on the roster in 2014

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Wow...GB took the kid supposedly the pats loved..Casey Hayward...NYC got Reuben randle...they are so good at restocking WR talent...can we hire their scout?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

the giants always get playmakers something we don't do Im so freaking mad...........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I think it means Passes Broken Up, LOL.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Oh   that sucks! I saw about 5 PBUs for his career. I'll bet there were guys still on the board that do that in 2-3 games!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]who do you guys want at 90. i am not asking on 163.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Ron Brooks or Chris Rainey, McNutt if he makes it that far

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Wow...Indy taking a page out of the pats pay book....Fleener and Allen at TE...nice duo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Wouldn't it have just been easier to tear the 48th pick card in hallf and throw it away? ESPN could've run another commercial....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Johnson to the Rams at 65...he couldn't have helped.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Hope BB gets drilled at his presser tonight ...

weak ars press corp will wilt ...
    wont be any follow-up questions regarding the sheer ineptitude of taking this super reach...

With every worthy pick going to rivals Im gettin even more pizzed off  ...

If this was any other GM we'd be calling the guy a major DOOOOOO sh

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

nepats
    late friday drat notes (my guess-slight sarcasm)
    3rd round pick traded for 2013 2nd
    5th round pick traded to 2013 for 4th round pick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

can we get mohamed SANU PLZ PLZ

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]What are we going on 10 years where we haven't Drafted 1 impact Wideout. Good Scouting.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

not like there were 20 top receivers (and 40 to be drafted) in this draft

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I just got back and saw Tavon Wilson, WTH!!!  Are you  kidding ME!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I remember everyone said we took a special teams player in the 1st round 2 years ago when the Pats took McCourtey.

I don't like it cause no one seems to know him but I will wait till I see T. Wilson play.

I do like that he was at least an an honerable mention for ALL Big10 by the coaches. The coaches always know who can play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Sorry I'm late on this, and our boy Reyes goes one pick later!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]I remember everyone said we took a special teams player in the 1st round 2 years ago when the Pats took McCourtey. I don't like it cause no one seems to know him but I will wait till I see T. Wilson play. I do like that he was at least an an honerable mention for ALL Big10 by the coaches. The coaches always know who can play.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Summary:

Athletic and well-proportioned, Wilson is a physically and mentally tough defensive back who has played corner and free safety, though his movement skills are more smooth than sudden. At his best in zone where he can keep plays in front of him. Reads and reacts quickly, drops downhill under control and is physical filling in run support. Average pedal speed and transitional quickness, as he lacks range and recovery burst off the hash and does not make impact plays on the ball. Needs to get stronger as a tackler.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomkyan. Show tomkyan's posts

The wikipedia page was probabaly just created...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomkyan. Show tomkyan's posts

Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson gone...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Summary: Athletic and well-proportioned, Wilson is a physically and mentally tough defensive back who has played corner and free safety, though his movement skills are more smooth than sudden. At his best in zone where he can keep plays in front of him. Reads and reacts quickly, drops downhill under control and is physical filling in run support. Average pedal speed and transitional quickness, as he lacks range and recovery burst off the hash and does not make impact plays on the ball. Needs to get stronger as a tackler.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Sounds like at worthy 48. NOT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Randall went in the 2nd round! Damn it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

One positive.....

Well, at least they didn't have to sweat out anyone jumping up to take him!