***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]a few players from one top 100 list that happen to fall right around the two patriots draft slots in round two are... Pick 48 Alshon Jeffery Bobby Massie Trumaine Johnson Brandon Thompson Pick 62 Casey Hayward LaMichael James Derek Wolfe Isaiah Pead Jammell Flemming Chris Givens
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

i like A LOT OF those guys!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]1.  So turns out NE being high on Chandler wasn't a smoke screen afterall, ha.  Curious as to how BB will use him 43 DE and/or 34 OLB?  He looks like a pure 43 kid to me based on his movement skills in space. 2.  BOOM!  Hightower, fVcken love the pick, been on this kid for a while, perfect Patriot based on his size/versatility/pedigree, etc. 3.  I'm sill looking at Kendall Reyes/Josh Robinson/Silatolu/Jeffery at 48 and Ronnell Lews/Ta'amu/Jenkins/Wolfe, etc. at 62. 4.  Wow, Irvin at 15, talk about putting a premium on pass rush ability!  Kid can get after it off the edge and based on what they were reporting earlier in the day today, when they were asking personnel men what pass rusher they'd want for just one play, the majority gave Irvin's name... kid's electric off the edge but wow.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

dude whwere were you? i was high fiving you and telling everyone this was one of the guys i was on at the start and one of mb's favorite guys.

i aslo love your 48 and 62 players list
    id like to get jeffery and jenkins and trade a pick from 2013 or a player and get another d or o lineman.
    if we go into the seaosn with 2 shut down corners and a good 3rd in moore.
    and front 7 improvement we should be excellent.

udfa slot wr and rb

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]1.  So turns out NE being high on Chandler wasn't a smoke screen afterall, ha.  Curious as to how BB will use him 43 DE and/or 34 OLB?  He looks like a pure 43 kid to me based on his movement skills in space. 2.  BOOM!  Hightower, fVcken love the pick, been on this kid for a while, perfect Patriot based on his size/versatility/pedigree, etc. 3.  I'm sill looking at Kendall Reyes/Josh Robinson/Silatolu/Jeffery at 48 and Ronnell Lews/Ta'amu/Jenkins/Wolfe, etc. at 62. 4.  Wow, Irvin at 15, talk about putting a premium on pass rush ability!  Kid can get after it off the edge and based on what they were reporting earlier in the day today, when they were asking personnel men what pass rusher they'd want for just one play, the majority gave Irvin's name... kid's electric off the edge but wow.
    Virtual High 5 on Hightower my friend.  You and I were talking him up well over a year ago saying he'd be a top 10 pick if he came out last year and we got him a year later at 25.  I really thought the Steelers would take him.  But man, does he fit everything we do and need. 

Did you see the emotion on the kid's face when he learned he was going to the Pats.  Not as good as Gronk, but pretty special.  I'm sure Saban told him if he gets the chance to play for the Pats he couldn't go to a better situation.  Imagine, defending AFC Champs getting the second best LB in the draft who can play inside or out and rush the passer?  That pick alone makes Day 1.   Whatever Jones does is gravy.  We are already vastly improved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : dude whwere were you? i was high fiving you and telling everyone this was one of the guys i was on at the start and one of mb's favorite guys. i aslo love your 48 and 62 players list id like to get jeffery and jenkins and trade a pick from 2013 or a player and get another d or o lineman. if we go into the seaosn with 2 shut down corners and a good 3rd in moore. and front 7 improvement we should be excellent. udfa slot wr and rb
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

high five, man... can't wait for tomorrow!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Just been chilling, reading the posts and thinking.  Obviously bummed we lost out on Smith and worried about Jones' durability but I like Jones far more than the bum the Jets got.  I love the Hightower pick.  Was talking this kid up early last year before he decided to stay in school.  This is a pass first league and we will play in sub packages 60% of the time.  These two picks exemplify that fact and are geared towards getting off the field on third down.  Jones I see as a 4-2-5 DE.  I see Mayo and Hightower in at LB with 5 DBs.  A front four right now of Fanine, Wilfork, Love and Jones.  But, we are missing the secondary help.  Sorry to say to all the haters but the best value and chance to fix things back there is the Patrimony Stoner.  I say we gamble at 62 with him which is higher than anyone else would do.  We move DM to FS.  On third down we go with Jenkins, Dowling, DM, Chung and whoever is better between Allen, Arrington and Moore.  At pick 48, we can have some fun with LaMichael James or perhaps Jeffrey just to put a rookie on offense.  Guys, we are one solid DB short of a SB.  It may not be the druggie, maybe it's Josh Robinson, maybe the kid from Montana.  IDK yet, but I feel like we will make one selection there tomorrow.  BB is loaded for bear.  He sees the clock ticking for Brady like the rest of us.  The future is now.  Let's go change the name on BB's boat to VI Rings next year.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

wish he saw the clock ticking last year.
    but read my post.
    your are at my thinking at the moment.
    improve teh cbs as much as you can.
    get jeffery! uncoverable. too big too good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : high five, man... can't wait for tomorrow!

back at ya.
    love your 48 and 62 picks you just put up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaflentje. Show jaflentje's posts

Hightower has one heck of a motor! Never thought we would get him and am really stoked! I say definite S or CB and OL and with the two seconds and get ready for SB!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Virtual High 5 on Hightower my friend.  You and I were talking him up well over a year ago saying he'd be a top 10 pick if he came out last year and we got him a year later at 25.  I really thought the Steelers would take him.  But man, does he fit everything we do and need.  Did you see the emotion on the kid's face when he learned he was going to the Pats.  Not as good as Gronk, but pretty special.  I'm sure Saban told him if he gets the chance to play for the Pats he couldn't go to a better situation.  Imagine, defending AFC Champs getting the second best LB in the draft who can play inside or out and rush the passer?  That pick alone makes Day 1.   Whatever Jones does is gravy.  We are already vastly improved.

VH5, brothah!  Awesome to be High(tower) on a kid and have it verified by BB and staff!  Jones is no doubt a talented kid and his height/length screams BB type... curious to see how they use him... I'm guessing 43 DE, situational 34 OLB.  Also, I'd love to see players talk smack to Jones... he'd respond with "listen, I'm 6-6 260, do you wanna rattle or do you want me to call my brother Jon to f()ck you up? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Just been chilling, reading the posts and thinking.  Obviously bummed we lost out on Smith and worried about Jones' durability but I like Jones far more than the bum the Jets got.  I love the Hightower pick.  Was talking this kid up early last year before he decided to stay in school.  This is a pass first league and we will play in sub packages 60% of the time.  These two picks exemplify that fact and are geared towards getting off the field on third down.  Jones I see as a 4-2-5 DE.  I see Mayo and Hightower in at LB with 5 DBs.  A front four right now of Fanine, Wilfork, Love and Jones.  But, we are missing the secondary help.  Sorry to say to all the haters but the best value and chance to fix things back there is the Patrimony Stoner.  I say we gamble at 62 with him which is higher than anyone else would do.  We move DM to FS.  On third down we go with Jenkins, Dowling, DM, Chung and whoever is better between Allen, Arrington and Moore.  At pick 48, we can have some fun with LaMichael James or perhaps Jeffrey just to put a rookie on offense.  Guys, we are one solid DB short of a SB.  It may not be the druggie, maybe it's Josh Robinson, maybe the kid from Montana.  IDK yet, but I feel like we will make one selection there tomorrow.  BB is loaded for bear.  He sees the clock ticking for Brady like the rest of us.  The future is now.  Let's go change the name on BB's boat to VI Rings next year.

I agree that Jones is great in a 4-2-5 as an edge beast. I'd take him and Fanene over Anderson and Ellis. If we can upgrade from Love with Say Still, Worthy or Reyes at at 48 or Ta'amu/Thompson at 62, thats a great front 4.

Then Hightower (4.62 40) and Mayo (4.59 40) roaming the middle of the field is an exciting thought. Carter will probably be back after a stint on the 6 week PUP.

Currently throwing 5 of these 7 (Chung, Gregory, Arrington, Allen, McCourty, Moore and Dowling) out there in a nickel package is very solid. I see us drafting 1 secondary guy tomorrow as well. There are so many hybrid CB/FS types that we are assured of nabbing one of them if that is how we play it at 62. Or maybe Jenkins at 48.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

We should all be totally stoked with our first round!  I know that some of you weren't as high on Jones, but the guy will fit perfectly in NE.  Remember, he played most of the year on a sprained knee.  I love that we got him.  As for the Hightower pick, I think we're all on the same page.  Can't believe we got this huge, versitile LB.  Hats off to BB!  Also, we only gave up the 93rd and 126th picks to get these guys! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : back at ya. love your 48 and 62 picks you just put up
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

|5| the new BDC symbol for virtual high 5.  Thanks man, I hope they keep loading up on defense, maybe sprinkle in some perimeter offensive skill!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : VH5, brothah!  Awesome to be High(tower) on a kid and have it verified by BB and staff!  Jones is no doubt a talented kid and his height/length screams BB type... curious to see how they use him... I'm guessing 43 DE, situational 34 OLB.  Also, I'd love to see players talk smack to Jones... he'd respond with "listen, I'm 6-6 260, do you wanna rattle or do you want me to call my brother Jon to f()ck you up? 

"Also, I'd love to see players talk smack to Jones... he'd respond with "listen, I'm 6-6 260, do you wanna rattle or do you want me to call my brother Jon to f()ck you up? "

love it!
    keep bringin it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

My updated depth chart.  In yellow is where I think we could draft tomorrow.  I think Koppen and Gonzales start on the PUP list and are insurance policies that can be activated between weeks 7-12 if needed. 

I can see Jenkins at 62 which would move DM to FS.  Then pick 48 could be traded for a 2013 first or if BB is seeing this as a "go for it" year, take a RG or a play maker on either side of the ball.  I could see Curry replacing Cunningham or Martin replacing Brace for example on D.  Or, Jeffrey bumping Ocho or LaMichael James as our 5th back.

OFFENSE 24 Players
    Slot31 W Welker '1226 Edelman '12Gonzales PUP
    WR31 B. Lloyd '1534 C. Ochocincho 
    LOT23 N Solder '15  
    LG31 Mankins '16R Gallery 
    C30 Connolly '1532 D Koppen PUP 
    ROG35 Brian Waters26 Wendell '13 
    RT27 Vollmer '1224 M. Cannon '14 
    TE23 Gronkowski '1322 Hernandez '13D. Fells
    QB35 Tom Brady '1425 Hoyer '1224 Mallett '14
    RB23 S. Veeren '1426 Woodhead '12 
    23 S. Ridley '14S. Larson 

WR34 D. Branch '12D. Stallworth 

DEFENSE 25 Players
    DE 21 C. Jones25 Deaderick '13T. Scott
    DT30 Wilfork '1425 R. Brace '12 
    DT26 Love '1126 Pryor '13 
    DE30 J. Fanine '1324 Cunningham '13 
    WLB26 Mayo '1625 D Fletcher '12 
    MLB25 B Spikes '1330 White '12 
    SLB25 D. Hightower29 Ninkovich '13B. Carpenter
    LCB23 Dowling '1423 S Moore '12W. Allen
    RCB26 McCourty '1426 Arrington '12 
    SS25 Chung '1227 J. Barrett '12 
    FS S. Gregory27 M Slater '14

SPECIAL TEAMS 3
    PK28 Gostkowski '14  
    P25 Z. Mesko '13  
    LS24 D Aiken  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : VH5, brothah!  Awesome to be High(tower) on a kid and have it verified by BB and staff!  Jones is no doubt a talented kid and his height/length screams BB type... curious to see how they use him... I'm guessing 43 DE, situational 34 OLB.  Also, I'd love to see players talk smack to Jones... he'd respond with "listen, I'm 6-6 260, do you wanna rattle or do you want me to call my brother Jon to f()ck you up? 
    Haha.  Love it man!!  Either brother could f them up but I'm sure he could handle things himself.  43, 34, 4-2-5.  Name it, the kid could get a lot of PT.  Hightower too.  I think he's a 3 down player probably eating into Ninko's time especially on passing downs.  I think they move him all over the place, even as a DE at times.  We got two front 7 studs.

Tomorrow and we're done.  Can hit the links on Saturday or go for a long bike ride.  We only needed a couple of pieces.  We need a DB and the other pick is gravy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Just been chilling, reading the posts and thinking.  Obviously bummed we lost out on Smith and worried about Jones' durability but I like Jones far more than the bum the Jets got.  I love the Hightower pick.  Was talking this kid up early last year before he decided to stay in school.  This is a pass first league and we will play in sub packages 60% of the time.  These two picks exemplify that fact and are geared towards getting off the field on third down.  Jones I see as a 4-2-5 DE.  I see Mayo and Hightower in at LB with 5 DBs.  A front four right now of Fanine, Wilfork, Love and Jones.  But, we are missing the secondary help.  Sorry to say to all the haters but the best value and chance to fix things back there is the Patrimony Stoner.  I say we gamble at 62 with him which is higher than anyone else would do.  We move DM to FS.  On third down we go with Jenkins, Dowling, DM, Chung and whoever is better between Allen, Arrington and Moore.  At pick 48, we can have some fun with LaMichael James or perhaps Jeffrey just to put a rookie on offense.  Guys, we are one solid DB short of a SB.  It may not be the druggie, maybe it's Josh Robinson, maybe the kid from Montana.  IDK yet, but I feel like we will make one selection there tomorrow.  BB is loaded for bear.  He sees the clock ticking for Brady like the rest of us.  The future is now.  Let's go change the name on BB's boat to VI Rings next year. Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE] Ditto. Easy to get excited about Hightower. Jones I am a bit lukewarm on him. I will need some time to,get,use to that pick. Personally I want to see the pats upgrade the interior a bit, a ,I'd like Martin, Wolfe, etc that represent an upgrade over brace, love and Pryor in terms of penetrating and getting to the QB or in the backfield. Adding a DT like this will also open things up for jones. Fanene can also play inside next to vw on a 4 man line with jones and even Hightower book ending them. If carter gets healthy and is right, he and jones in the outside would be nice. Could Cunningham come back from obscurity and be our 4-3 de opposite jones? I am still holding out hope for him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]My updated depth chart.  In yellow is where I think we could draft tomorrow.  I think Koppen and Gonzales start on the PUP list and are insurance policies that can be activated between weeks 7-12 if needed.  I can see Jenkins at 62 which would move DM to FS.  Then pick 48 could be traded for a 2013 first or if BB is seeing this as a "go for it" year, take a RG or a play maker on either side of the ball.  I could see Curry replacing Cunningham or Martin replacing Brace for example on D.  Or, Jeffrey bumping Ocho or LaMichael James as our 5th back. OFFENSE 24 Players Slot 31 W Welker '12 26 Edelman '12 Gonzales PUP WR 31 B. Lloyd '15 34 C. Ochocincho   LOT 23 N Solder '15     LG 31 Mankins '16 R Gallery   C 30 Connolly '15 32 D Koppen PUP   ROG 35 Brian Waters 26 Wendell '13   RT 27 Vollmer '12 24 M. Cannon '14   TE 23 Gronkowski '13 22 Hernandez '13 D. Fells QB 35 Tom Brady '14 25 Hoyer '12 24 Mallett '14 RB 23 S. Veeren '14 26 Woodhead '12   23 S. Ridley '14 S. Larson         WR 34 D. Branch '12 D. Stallworth           DEFENSE 25 Players DE   21 C. Jones 25 Deaderick '13 T. Scott DT 30 Wilfork '14 25 R. Brace '12   DT 26 Love '11 26 Pryor '13   DE 30 J. Fanine '13 24 Cunningham '13   WLB 26 Mayo '16 25 D Fletcher '12   MLB 25 B Spikes '13 30 White '12   SLB 25 D. Hightower 29 Ninkovich '13 B. Carpenter LCB 23 Dowling '14 23 S Moore '12 W. Allen RCB 26 McCourty '14 26 Arrington '12   SS 25 Chung '12 27 J. Barrett '12   FS   S. Gregory 27 M Slater '14   SPECIAL TEAMS 3 PK 28 Gostkowski '14     P 25 Z. Mesko '13     LS 24 D Aiken    

curry is dynamite. but i see need in backfiedl. jenkins.
    and unique opportunity for a beast of a reciever (we wil never sniff as long as we are a good team other than this year), jeffery or one of the other 6 3", 220 + outise wrs.

and with all the wr pushing good guys lower in draft, get the slot of the future in fa.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": Ditto. Easy to get excited about Hightower. Jones I am a bit lukewarm on him. I will need some time to,get,use to that pick. Personally I want to see the pats upgrade the interior a bit, a ,I'd like Martin, Wolfe, etc that represent an upgrade over brace, love and Pryor in terms of penetrating and getting to the QB or in the backfield. Adding a DT like this will also open things up for jones. Fanene can also play inside next to vw on a 4 man line with jones and even Hightower book ending them. If carter gets healthy and is right, he and jones in the outside would be nice. Could Cunningham come back from obscurity and be our 4-3 de opposite jones? I am still holding out hope for him.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

"Personally I want to see the pats upgrade the interior a bit, a ,I'd like Martin, Wolfe, etc"

this is how i started the draft as well. but now with only 2 picks, i like shutdown corner and rare big wideouts falling. (if we traded a pick from 2013 or a player for a pick id be down with this).

agreeed on carter and jones.
    agred on lukewarm on jones. hoping mayock and bb are right.

i got abotu 2-4% chance cunningham is anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I have a funny feeling that some players will be traded fairly soon with the Pats. The players I think most likely to be traded are:

Brace - for a 6th or 7th round pick
    Arrington - for a 4th or 5th round pick
    Mallett - for a 2nd or early 3rd round pick
    Hoyer - for a 4th or 5th round pick
    Cunningham - for a 6th or 7th round pick
    Edelman - for a 5th or 6th round pick

I just can't see BB going into day 3 without any picks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Additionally I can see pick #48 being traded for a 3rd and 4th this year.

How does taking Wolfe at #63, Ron Brooks in the 3rd, and Rainey in the 4th sound?

That would give us a draft of Jones, Hightower, Wolfe, Brooks, Rainey  which would have filled 3 needs in the front 7, 1 need in the DB core, and the KR they've been searching for

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Morning Boys!  A quick 4.5 hour nap (the combo of being to excited to go to bed last night, an early AM phone call and my own internal clock) and I'm ready for Day 2!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Additionally I can see pick #48 being traded for a 3rd and 4th this year. How does taking Wolfe at #63, Ron Brooks in the 3rd, and Rainey in the 4th sound? That would give us a draft of Jones, Hightower, Wolfe, Brooks, Rainey  which would have filled 3 needs in the front 7, 1 need in the DB core, and the KR they've been searching for
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing today RE: expect movement to help pickup up some day 3 picks.

Brooks is one of the first names that popped into my head this AM so I'd love to see that along with Wolfe (assuming Reyes is off the board) and Rainey or a WR.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]Additionally I can see pick #48 being traded for a 3rd and 4th this year. How does taking Wolfe at #63, Ron Brooks in the 3rd, and Rainey in the 4th sound? That would give us a draft of Jones, Hightower, Wolfe, Brooks, Rainey  which would have filled 3 needs in the front 7, 1 need in the DB core, and the KR they've been searching for Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE] I will buy this plus the trading of some of the names you suggested. We have to keep 1 of hoyer or mallet however, but would like us to also keep Arrington on that list as we always seem to be down db's later in the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

How come nobody like Kheeston Randall as a 5 technic?  He's a space eater with a strong anchor.  At Texas he's role was to eat up those blocks allow LBs to make plays.  I think he could be available for the Pats if they get a 5th.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]Morning Boys!  A quick 4.5 hour nap (the combo of being to excited to go to bed last night, an early AM phone call and my own internal clock) and I'm ready for Day 2! Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] Good morning to you. So, after 4.5 hrs to sleep on it, any fresh perspective on what we did last night? Like it, love it? My nap, reading and watching some jones tape warmed me up,a bit on him. I think the kid has the right physical and mental make up. I was more concerned about where he played, his limited production and how we would/could use him this year given he is a potential diamond that needs some polishing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I know I potentially love it, currently like it a bit.  Wish there was less injury history and really wanted Upshaw.  But at the same time, I trust BB and his scouts more than my ability to scout.