***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]anyone seen or heard from faucet since the draft ended? gotta check up on him and make sure he doesnt give it all up after teh downturn in  round 2. you hoo.. faucet you out there? you good? lets comisserate man or paint a face on it or put off any concluding thoughts till teh end of next season. we're here man.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    I'm here, just in denial on pick 48.  I keep dreaming that it was a mistake a bad dream.  I woke up eager to go on BDC and see that the Pats really did one of the below.

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216LaMichael JamesRB
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Alfonzo. DennardCB
    728Jeremy. EbertWR

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216Kendall ReyesDT
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Alfonzo. DennardCB
    728Jeremy. EbertWR

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216Isaiah PeadRB
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Alfonzo. DennardCB
    728Jeremy. EbertWR

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216Peter KonzC
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Alfonzo. DennardCB
    728Jeremy. EbertWR

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216Ryan BroylesWR
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Alfonzo. DennardCB
    728Jeremy. EbertWR

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216Rueben RandleWR
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Alfonzo. DennardCB
    728Jeremy. EbertWR

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216Devon StillDT
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Alfonzo. DennardCB
    728Jeremy. EbertWR

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216Vinny CurryDE
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Alfonzo. DennardCB
    728Jeremy. EbertWR

I'm sure one of the above really happened but so far it seems the typo is still there from yesterday.  I better go lay down because my eyes are still playing tricks with me.  I'm sure if I get a good night's rest I will see one of the above as our correct draft tomorrow.  Right?  What are you guys seeing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Thoughts on Day 3: 1.  Nate Ebner looks like the latest BB project, he clearly enjoys trying to find a diamond in the rough that may have little to no experience, but a very translatable skill set and I look forward to seeing how this kid performs in camp. 2.  Alfonzo Dennard is pure value.  Day 2 talent that fell due to poor decision making... kid needs to smarten up, but you drafted him at a spot where there is little to no risk... excellent, excellent pick. 3.  Jeremey Ebert looks like the prototype BB slot guy.  Good speed and COD, smart (Northwestern is a high level academic institution), tough, good route runner, catches the ball well and has been productive.  Not a lot you can say bad about the pick.  Got a chance to see him beat Tavon Wilson over the top for a TD when checking out his tape. Overall, excellent 3rd day.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    Agreed on Dennard.  He was a guy we were talking about as a top DB that could become a better FS at the next level. 

For me to rationalize things and forgive that God awful shank on the third hole when BB basically topped it off the blue tees, actually hitting the red tee in the air, you know the tee markers are sometimes painted stones?  Well it hit one of those and ricocheted to the cart path in front of the lady's tees where it took one big hop 50 feet up and into some thick reeds at the bottom of an 80 foot ravine.  That 3rd hole is a b*tch, you have to carry about 80 yards to the ravine then another 120 yards to get over it then you have 30 yards of rough on the other side.  So unless you hit it 240 or more, you're in trouble on this Par 5 #3.

BB didn't even bother trying to find his ball, instead, he took a Mulligan and smacked it over the ravine, 310 with a little fade and was sitting up nicely down the middle of the fairway for his next shot where he could go for the green in two with a 3 wood.  So if we just switch the order of Dennard and Wilson, our card would look like this.  I can turn this card in without being ashamed.

RoundPickPlayerPosition
    Chandler. JonesDE
    125Dont'a. HightowerLB
    216Alfonzo. DennardCB
    328Jake. BequetteDE
    628Nate. EbnerS
    717Tavon. WilsonS
    728Jeremy. EbertWR
    UDFA Markus ZusevicsRT
    UDFA Jeremiah WarrenLG
    UDFA Brad HermanTE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

some UDFA's still out there...

Vince Brown
    Fozzy Whittaker
    Bradley Sowell
    Josh Oglesby
    Louis Nzegwu

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]some UDFA's still out there... Vince Brown Fozzy Whittaker Logan Kerr Brandon Bolden Bradley Sowell Josh Oglesby Ernest Owusu Louis Nzegwu Cordarro Law Sean Cattous
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I think we are at our budget.  Would have to start cutting if we sign more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

If we look at the offseason of AFC East, it's hard to argue that any team gained ground on the Pats.  Buffalo seemed to have done best with the signing of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson.  The drafted Stephon Gilmore and Cordy Glenn in the first two rounds then added another CB in Brookes in the fourth and several lesser LBs. 

The NYJs had the riskiest draft with Coples and Hill.  If Coples plays like he did last year we will have nothing to worry about.  If you look at Hill from GT, RB Ganaway and OG Robert Griffin, the latter two coming from the spread offense at Baylor you can see a spread Wildcat package being selected for Tebow.  So they spent over 1/3 of their draft putting together their wildcat package for Tebow to run.  Ooooh no Mr. Bill.  What are we going to do now?

The Dolphins invested in a QB that won't give them anything this year.  I like their new RT in Martin and Josh Kaddu is a sleeper who could become something.  RB Miller is oft injuried and probably wouldn't play as long as Ronnie Brown. I liked Keeston Randall in the 7th as a good value pick but the kid is obviously a long way, away.  But, Miami lost their biggest offensive threat in Brandon Marshall.  I think they could be worse this year.

The Pats picked 3 solid front 7 types all of whom will see action early and make immediate impacts.  We also drafted 3 DBs to fill one hole at FS and one could be a beast on STs.  Then we drafted a speedy and productive slot WR would could replace Welker and Edelman next year.  All in all, the Pats had the better draft.  We picked up stud WR Brandon Lloyd who will stretch the field and open up the middle.  We added Gallery who may finally get the coaching he needs to become an elite OL player.  We have Koppen and Gonzales that we can PUP if we want and bring in as needed between weeks 7-12.  We have Fanine who is a solid 5 technique.  Yes we lost BJGE, Anderson and possibly Carter.  But Jones, Hightower and Bequette could be able to replace those 20 sacks and do far more to stop the run than Anderson and Carter. 

So, I think the rich got richer and we should sweep through the AFC east next year and having the weakest schedule, we should be battling Houston for the top spot in the AFC.  If all roads lead through Foxboro, we could be going back to the dance better prepared to win it all.  SF looks scary good on paper.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Wow, we are pretty loaded and deep.  I took my final stab at the 53 man roster as follows.  I've got us tucking away 3 players on the PUP list for insurance in positions where we are deep.

OFFENSE 25 Players
    Slot31 W Welker '1226 Edelman '12Gonzales PUP
    WR31 B. Lloyd '1534 C. Ochocincho 
    LOT23 N Solder '15  
    LG31 Mankins '16R Gallery 
    C30 Connolly '1532 D Koppen PUP 
    ROG35 Brian Waters26 Wendell '13 
    RT27 Vollmer '1224 M. Cannon '14 
    TE23 Gronkowski '1322 Hernandez '13D. Fells
    QB35 Tom Brady '1425 Hoyer '1224 Mallett '14
    RB23 S. Veeren '1426 Woodhead '12 
    23 S. Ridley '14S. Larson 

WR34 D. Branch '12D. Stallworth27 M Slater '14

DEFENSE 25 Players
    DE 21 C. Jones30 J. Fanine '13 
    DT30 Wilfork '1425 R. Brace '12 
    DT26 Love '1126 Pryor '13 
    DE25 Deaderick '1390 J. Bequette 
    WLB26 Mayo '1625 D Fletcher '12T. Scott PUP
    MLB25 B Spikes '1330 White '12 
    SLB25 D. Hightower29 Ninkovich '13B. Carpenter
    LCB23 Dowling '1423 S Moore '12W. Allen
    RCB26 McCourty '1426 Arrington '12 
    SS25 Chung '1227 J. Barrett '12 
    FS224 A. Dennard48 T. WilsonS. Gregory

SPECIAL TEAMS 3
    PK28 Gostkowski '14  
    P25 Z. Mesko '13  
    LS24 D Aiken  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

For game Day 46, it could look something like this.  Right now I have Stallworth ahead of Ocho but it could go the other way.  We still have a lot of youth on that defense but we should be top 25 next year but we'll need another year for them to really gel.

I think Mallett should start getting the reps ahead of Hoyer.  Hoyer will be unrestricted next year and if we keep him on the roster this year, we are only slowing the development of Mallett who I think will take over from Brady when the time comes.
    OFFENSE 22 Players
    Slot31 W Welker '1226 Edelman '12 
    WR31 B. Lloyd '15  
    LOT23 N Solder '15  
    LG31 Mankins '16R Gallery 
    C30 Connolly '15  
    ROG35 Brian Waters26 Wendell '13 
    RT27 Vollmer '1224 M. Cannon '14 
    TE23 Gronkowski '1322 Hernandez '13 
    QB35 Tom Brady '1424 Mallett '14 
    RB23 S. Veeren '1426 Woodhead '12 
    23 S. Ridley '14S. Larson 

WR34 D. Branch '12D. Stallworth27 M Slater '14

DEFENSE 21 Players
    DE 21 C. Jones30 J. Fanine '13 
    DT30 Wilfork '14  
    DT26 Love '1126 Pryor '13 
    DE25 Deaderick '1390 J. Bequette 
    WLB26 Mayo '1625 D Fletcher '12 
    MLB25 B Spikes '1330 White '12 
    SLB25 D. Hightower29 Ninkovich '13 
    LCB23 Dowling '1423 S Moore '12 
    RCB26 McCourty '1426 Arrington '12 
    SS25 Chung '1227 J. Barrett '12 
    FS224 A. Dennard48 T. Wilson 

SPECIAL TEAMS 3
    PK28 Gostkowski '14  
    P25 Z. Mesko '13  
    LS24 D Aiken  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd think we'd bring Carter back and put him on the PUP

as far as the O-line, Mankins is likely to be less than 100% over Koppen... he'd be more likely to start on the PUP and that is why Gallery is here. Koppen is here just in case Connolly isn't 100% ready to start at this point and b/c he is familiar with Brady over having to use a pick on a guy or have gone after a Saturday

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : helpful seattle, wilson made only honorable mention at his postion for the conference. you make him sound better than 25th rated safety in the country. although the read is that he is good against the run, not so good against the pass.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

i was simply trying to understand why bb had him rated so high and the rest seems to rate him pretty low. it does not explain why he pulled the trigger on wilson at 48.

here's i rationalize to myself why bb likes the kid. i do not know if that game is a reflection of every game illinois plays, but i was a bit confused about what his real position is. if he is a S, it was weird because he lined up quite a bit as a CB covering a WR with little S help. if he is a CB, it was also weird because he certainly lined up a lot as a S. 

i think bb likes his versatility and bb was evaluating him base don how he thinks he would use the kid.

speculating now on the other evaluators' pov... i believe for the purposes of the draft, most people evaluate a prospect as one who purely plays one position. they evaluate the kid as whether he's a great cb, or a great s. how do you evaluate a kid who plays cb half the time and s half the time? 

as i was watching the game, a comment from one of the reviews on him stuck out "he's good at many things but does not really standout on anything". it made sense, especially when you think about "pundits" who have no knowledge of what kind of team the pats wants to build, and what kind of people the team needs. 

i don't know how unique that ability to play both positions is. it seems that bb thinks this kid is better than anyone else he'd seen play both roles.

as i said, if other teams are not seeing that value, what i am thinking here does not explain why he felt he needed to pull the trigger. maybe he gives other teams more respect than everyone else thinks - he thinks this is the way that teams have to go in the passing league that the nfl has become, and he did not think it was smart to assume that he is the only one who realizes this. so at the slightest hint of someone even interested in the kid, he made the move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

6099 threads  !!!

thank you !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Hey that looks like one heck of a roster, Faucet.   I think we have the potential to display a large variety of defensive looks, as we have upgraded every aspect of the defense.  

Do you think Jeremy Ebert starts the year on the practice squad?  What about Mike Ebner?  I think Practice Squad might be ideal for both of them, but the Pats usually don't have the luxury of sending their picks to the Practice Squad as they almost always get claimed on waivers. 

Been a pleasure reading and commenting on this thread.  I look forward to seeing how these rookies all pan out.  Can't wait for the season to start and for the next edition of this thread. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]For game Day 46, it could look something like this.  Right now I have Stallworth ahead of Ocho but it could go the other way.  We still have a lot of youth on that defense but we should be top 25 next year but we'll need another year for them to really gel.   I think Mallett should start getting the reps ahead of Hoyer.  Hoyer will be unrestricted next year and if we keep him on the roster this year, we are only slowing the development of Mallett who I think will take over from Brady when the time comes. OFFENSE 22 Players Slot 31 W Welker '12 26 Edelman '12   WR 31 B. Lloyd '15     LOT 23 N Solder '15     LG 31 Mankins '16 R Gallery   C 30 Connolly '15     ROG 35 Brian Waters 26 Wendell '13   RT 27 Vollmer '12 24 M. Cannon '14   TE 23 Gronkowski '13 22 Hernandez '13   QB 35 Tom Brady '14 24 Mallett '14   RB 23 S. Veeren '14 26 Woodhead '12   23 S. Ridley '14 S. Larson         WR 34 D. Branch '12 D. Stallworth 27 M Slater '14         DEFENSE 21 Players DE   21 C. Jones 30 J. Fanine '13   DT 30 Wilfork '14     DT 26 Love '11 26 Pryor '13   DE 25 Deaderick '13 90 J. Bequette   WLB 26 Mayo '16 25 D Fletcher '12   MLB 25 B Spikes '13 30 White '12   SLB 25 D. Hightower 29 Ninkovich '13   LCB 23 Dowling '14 23 S Moore '12   RCB 26 McCourty '14 26 Arrington '12   SS 25 Chung '12 27 J. Barrett '12   FS 224 A. Dennard 48 T. Wilson     SPECIAL TEAMS 3 PK 28 Gostkowski '14     P 25 Z. Mesko '13     LS 24 D Aiken    
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Great job all year Faucet with these roster breakdowns!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Gotta say, this is generally one of the more depressing days of the year... you put all this work and effort into researching the draft and then it's all done, now we have 364 days until next years draft.

Good thing we can start draft talk again in late Aug/early Sept!

Thanks everybody for your contributions again this year, you're the reason this thread is so successful!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!:
    [QUOTE]Gotta say, this is generally one of the more depressing days of the year... you put all this work and effort into researching the draft and then it's all done, now we have 364 days until next years draft. Good thing we can start draft talk again in late Aug/early Sept! Thanks everybody for your contributions again this year, you're the reason this thread is so successful!
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I'm here, just in denial on pick 48.  I keep dreaming that it was a mistake a bad dream.  I woke up eager to go on BDC and see that the Pats really did one of the below. Round Pick Player Position 1 21 Chandler. Jones DE 1 25 Dont'a. Hightower LB 2 16 LaMichael James RB 3 28 Jake. Bequette DE 6 28 Nate. Ebner S 7 17 Alfonzo. Dennard CB 7 28 Jeremy. Ebert WR Round Pick Player Position 1 21 Chandler. Jones DE 1 25 Dont'a. Hightower LB 2 16 Kendall Reyes DT 3 28 Jake. Bequette DE 6 28 Nate. Ebner S 7 17 Alfonzo. Dennard CB 7 28 Jeremy. Ebert WR Round Pick Player Position 1 21 Chandler. Jones DE 1 25 Dont'a. Hightower LB 2 16 Isaiah Pead RB 3 28 Jake. Bequette DE 6 28 Nate. Ebner S 7 17 Alfonzo. Dennard CB 7 28 Jeremy. Ebert WR Round Pick Player Position 1 21 Chandler. Jones DE 1 25 Dont'a. Hightower LB 2 16 Peter Konz C 3 28 Jake. Bequette DE 6 28 Nate. Ebner S 7 17 Alfonzo. Dennard CB 7 28 Jeremy. Ebert WR Round Pick Player Position 1 21 Chandler. Jones DE 1 25 Dont'a. Hightower LB 2 16 Ryan Broyles WR 3 28 Jake. Bequette DE 6 28 Nate. Ebner S 7 17 Alfonzo. Dennard CB 7 28 Jeremy. Ebert WR Round Pick Player Position 1 21 Chandler. Jones DE 1 25 Dont'a. Hightower LB 2 16 Rueben Randle WR 3 28 Jake. Bequette DE 6 28 Nate. Ebner S 7 17 Alfonzo. Dennard CB 7 28 Jeremy. Ebert WR Round Pick Player Position 1 21 Chandler. Jones DE 1 25 Dont'a. Hightower LB 2 16 Devon Still DT 3 28 Jake. Bequette DE 6 28 Nate. Ebner S 7 17 Alfonzo. Dennard CB 7 28 Jeremy. Ebert WR Round Pick Player Position 1 21 Chandler. Jones DE 1 25 Dont'a. Hightower LB 2 16 Vinny Curry DE 3 28 Jake. Bequette DE 6 28 Nate. Ebner S 7 17 Alfonzo. Dennard CB 7 28 Jeremy. Ebert WR I'm sure one of the above really happened but so far it seems the typo is still there from yesterday.  I better go lay down because my eyes are still playing tricks with me.  I'm sure if I get a good night's rest I will see one of the above as our correct draft tomorrow.  Right?  What are you guys seeing?

great to se you are still with us :) !

if we're gonna change that one pick id've changed several more myself.
    coulda done soeom damage/
    well, we got what we got. lets see what we can do with it

maybe dennard wont go to jail.
    we'll see

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]If we look at the offseason of AFC East, it's hard to argue that any team gained ground on the Pats.  Buffalo seemed to have done best with the signing of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson.  The drafted Stephon Gilmore and Cordy Glenn in the first two rounds then added another CB in Brookes in the fourth and several lesser LBs.  The NYJs had the riskiest draft with Coples and Hill.  If Coples plays like he did last year we will have nothing to worry about.  If you look at Hill from GT, RB Ganaway and OG Robert Griffin, the latter two coming from the spread offense at Baylor you can see a spread Wildcat package being selected for Tebow.  So they spent over 1/3 of their draft putting together their wildcat package for Tebow to run.  Ooooh no Mr. Bill.  What are we going to do now? The Dolphins invested in a QB that won't give them anything this year.  I like their new RT in Martin and Josh Kaddu is a sleeper who could become something.  RB Miller is oft injuried and probably wouldn't play as long as Ronnie Brown. I liked Keeston Randall in the 7th as a good value pick but the kid is obviously a long way, away.  But, Miami lost their biggest offensive threat in Brandon Marshall.  I think they could be worse this year. The Pats picked 3 solid front 7 types all of whom will see action early and make immediate impacts.  We also drafted 3 DBs to fill one hole at FS and one could be a beast on STs.  Then we drafted a speedy and productive slot WR would could replace Welker and Edelman next year.  All in all, the Pats had the better draft.  We picked up stud WR Brandon Lloyd who will stretch the field and open up the middle.  We added Gallery who may finally get the coaching he needs to become an elite OL player.  We have Koppen and Gonzales that we can PUP if we want and bring in as needed between weeks 7-12.  We have Fanine who is a solid 5 technique.  Yes we lost BJGE, Anderson and possibly Carter.  But Jones, Hightower and Bequette could be able to replace those 20 sacks and do far more to stop the run than Anderson and Carter.  So, I think the rich got richer and we should sweep through the AFC east next year and having the weakest schedule, we should be battling Houston for the top spot in the AFC.  If all roads lead through Foxboro, we could be going back to the dance better prepared to win it all.  SF looks scary good on paper.

i started a thread about how do we beat houston. you should chime in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : i was simply trying to understand why bb had him rated so high and the rest seems to rate him pretty low. it does not explain why he pulled the trigger on wilson at 48. here's i rationalize to myself why bb likes the kid. i do not know if that game is a reflection of every game illinois plays, but i was a bit confused about what his real position is. if he is a S, it was weird because he lined up quite a bit as a CB covering a WR with little S help. if he is a CB, it was also weird because he certainly lined up a lot as a S.  i think bb likes his versatility and bb was evaluating him base don how he thinks he would use the kid. speculating now on the other evaluators' pov... i believe for the purposes of the draft, most people evaluate a prospect as one who purely plays one position. they evaluate the kid as whether he's a great cb, or a great s. how do you evaluate a kid who plays cb half the time and s half the time?  as i was watching the game, a comment from one of the reviews on him stuck out "he's good at many things but does not really standout on anything". it made sense, especially when you think about "pundits" who have no knowledge of what kind of team the pats wants to build, and what kind of people the team needs.  i don't know how unique that ability to play both positions is. it seems that bb thinks this kid is better than anyone else he'd seen play both roles. as i said, if other teams are not seeing that value, what i am thinking here does not explain why he felt he needed to pull the trigger. maybe he gives other teams more respect than everyone else thinks - he thinks this is the way that teams have to go in the passing league that the nfl has become, and he did not think it was smart to assume that he is the only one who realizes this. so at the slightest hint of someone even interested in the kid, he made the move.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

as i was watching the game, a comment from one of the reviews on him stuck out "he's good at many things but does not really standout on anything". it made sense, especially when you think about "pundits" who have no knowledge of what kind of team the pats wants to build, and what kind of people the team needs. "

did you read my "utility knife" synopsis?

thanks for teh good read and interstingthoughts seattle.

peace

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

The Pats have signed some impressive UDFA, 5 so far and all linemen (check Pats Bleacher report for an update).  They commented that more UDFA will be signed.  I'll check the list of players but the full descriptions is in the Bleacher Report.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

Correction:  Check NEPatriotsDraft.com for the update.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!:
    [QUOTE]Correction:  Check NEPatriotsDraft.com for the update.
    Posted by moskk[/QUOTE]

Marcus Foston, DT, Miami...6'1", 324lbs, once rated a top defensive tackle, now a Pats UDFA..in many ways a clone of Poe in that he can do anything he wants...when he wants and that's the rub.  He takes too many plays off...If the Pats can motivate him he can spell VW in the middle.  High risk, high reward at minimal cost!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa...Pat's UDFA signing..6'5", 304lbs....Plays with a mean streak...devastating blocker...one of the highest rated OT invited to the Combine but tore his pectoral muscle and did not test.  Could start season on PUP.  As you recall Iowa has rep for producing sound linemen.  A great signing!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

UDFA PAT'S signing...Jeremiah Warren, OG/OC..a road grader..powerful run blocker ...Pats had him on their predraft list...to be groomed as an OC..."raw", will need Scar's magic touch.  Considered versatile..Played for South Florida

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

Pat's UDFA signing.  Recommended by former Pats TE coach Brian Ferentz...now a coach at Iowa.  Brad Herman, TE, Iowa...6'4", 253lbs...Solid blocker, can get open but catching the football is not his forte...could improve that deficiency

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

BB briefly talking on Ebner, sounds like they might have plans to develop him to more than just a ST guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Hey that looks like one heck of a roster, Faucet.   I think we have the potential to display a large variety of defensive looks, as we have upgraded every aspect of the defense.   Do you think Jeremy Ebert starts the year on the practice squad?  What about Mike Ebner?  I think Practice Squad might be ideal for both of them, but the Pats usually don't have the luxury of sending their picks to the Practice Squad as they almost always get claimed on waivers.  Been a pleasure reading and commenting on this thread.  I look forward to seeing how these rookies all pan out.  Can't wait for the season to start and for the next edition of this thread. 
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]
    Yes, practice squad for both.  I realize it is a risk that we could lose them, but who do you cut to make room?  I think Ebert could be the next Welker.  The other kid is just raw potential.  I think it less likely he gets claimed. 

Mankins could start on the PUP, we'll have to see.  BB always seems to tug a handful of players away there for later.  This could free up some space.  We might also see a couple surprises in terms of vets getting cut.  Those who are older and who might be in their final year or two, are candidates.  I could see Barrett, White, Ocho, Allen and even Hoyer removed from my list if enough rookies impress.