***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : mg, Might have been somebody else that had mocked Reiff to Miami, but I think both Reiff and Tannehill will be off the board before NE selects. I'm still hoping for 1 or 2 of the Barron, Cox, Hightower, Konz group etc., in Rd 1, with the second group of potential interests being from the Gilmore, Reyes, Poe, Worthy group... assuming they're confident with Worthy's assumed inconsistency... the talent is there. You also can't count out a trade down/out with one of their 1st rounders and with the rookie salary scale now part of the equation, they may be more prone to trade up due to the reduced financial risk.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE

my bad ...it was your post of Mel Kipers mock. which is good because if Tannehill goes before us ( not in Kipers mock) chances are good for Barron.. i like that !  as long as he takes care of the "package"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** :  
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Mankins had a poor year. 

i thought he'd been showing signs of doing that ever since he got his deal. remember the pit game where tb was screaming at his teammates? i thought that was right after mankins let bjge get hit early (not sure if the DL got to the backfield). mankins played better the rest of the rest of the season after that.

When the Pats got Dillon he had ripped off 6 consecutive 1000+ yard seasons prior ro having a down year. He had missed 4 games total in 7 seasons. All while playing for the dregs of the league. HE was the offensive weapon. Go look up the Bengals history or great players(offensive weapons) during his time. Blake and pickens at the end of their usefulness? Fosters been in the league 3 seasons. Not played in 13 games.  More than three times as many missed in less than half the time. He's also playing in an offense that features one of if not the premiere deep threat WR in the NFL currently. Now maybe he will ultimately qualify for mentioning in the same breath as Dillon or even surpass him but not yet. Heck Ben Tate on the same team just rushed for almost 1000 yards(942) and a 5.4yard avg maybe he is elite too? or just maybe that scheme, offensive line, play calling, passing game, and commitment to the run have just a lil bit to do with Fosters success? Foster and Tate just combined for 453 rushing attempts. BJGE, Woodhead, and Ridley combined for only 345 rushing attempts So just two backs for Houston had more rushing attempts than three of the Patriots combined. So while BJGE may not be elite and Foster not elite yet the Patriots running game is Not a result of RB talent inadequacies, IMO. How, when, and how often they are used, are.

i don't think people here will be surprised to see me say here that i completely agree with this. do you think this will change in the near future?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Workout warrior = OK (Doesn't by name alone mean their isn't also good production and game film to back it up) Looks and moves like Tarzan in shorts but plays like Jane = Bad :)

Workout warriors, typically have a negative cogitation. The reason being is because they look much better in the weight room then they do on film. There stock usually jumps dramatically because of triangle numbers (ala Gholston)

I just don't use that term for players that have the production on the field combined with their weight room numbers. I like to reserve it for those who's stock raises solely based on triangle numbers and not on production on film

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Man the raiders seem to be in a mess as well

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82704bb5/article/ward-newman-and-cooley-highlight-cap-casualty-season?module=HP11_hot_topics

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The way I see it, there is less than a 50% chance that Barron makes it to 27 and since S is our biggest need, we have to get either Tyvon Branch or Michael Griffin in free agency.  This is unless we get a Courtland Finnegan or Brandon Carr and plan to move DMC to FS or plan to stay with Ihedigbo.  We can't pin our hopes on getting Barron and the drop off in talent to the next S is pretty far; whether it's Smith, Allen or Iloka, Martin or whomever we're looking at, is 2+ full rounds in talent decline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Man the raiders seem to be in a mess as well http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82704bb5/article/ward-newman-and-cooley-highlight-cap-casualty-season?module=HP11_hot_topics

Getting a feeling that by the time FA period begins the list of better players will be longer.  Just another thing to appreciate how Pats do business as an organization. They are in a perfect spot to improve this offseason by cashing in on other team's miss managements.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's being reported that Mia is going to let Langford walk. He'd be good to bring in as a 1 year reclamation project adding depth to the DL. As a replacement for Ellis or G Warren

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]It's being reported that Mia is going to let Langford walk. He'd be good to bring in as a 1 year reclamation project adding depth to the DL. As a replacement for Ellis or G Warren
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Would love that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Marvin Jones interview, if this dude runs a 4.4 he'll starting rising on boards.  damn it!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Another new report is Light is thinking of retiring.

This adds a new wrinkle to the draft. A couple of reports have suggested Light might think about retirement in which case Cannon would become the primary backup at T with Thomas as the secondary backup.

This has a significant impact on the draft because it means Solder can no longer be the 3rd TE leaving us with only 2 TE's and it also means there is depth issue at G. If Waters also retires and even if they resign both Connolly and Koppen it leaves you thin at the G position.

With this news it might be worth looking into some G's in FA and in the draft as well as FA TE's

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Another new report is Light is thinking of retiring. This adds a new wrinkle to the draft. A couple of reports have suggested Light might think about retirement in which case Cannon would become the primary backup at T with Thomas as the secondary backup. This has a significant impact on the draft because it means Solder can no longer be the 3rd TE leaving us with only 2 TE's and it also means there is depth issue at G. If Waters also retires and even if they resign both Connolly and Koppen it leaves you thin at the G position. With this news it might be worth looking into some G's in FA and in the draft as well as FA TE's

Might be time to bring up Nate Potter Boise State, 6'6" 298 very athletic OT with a ton of experience.  No start ready but can provide depth and serve as a blocking TE. 4th/5th round rating right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]Another new report is Light is thinking of retiring. This adds a new wrinkle to the draft. A couple of reports have suggested Light might think about retirement in which case Cannon would become the primary backup at T with Thomas as the secondary backup. This has a significant impact on the draft because it means Solder can no longer be the 3rd TE leaving us with only 2 TE's and it also means there is depth issue at G. If Waters also retires and even if they resign both Connolly and Koppen it leaves you thin at the G position. With this news it might be worth looking into some G's in FA and in the draft as well as FA TE's
    And walk away from 5 mil?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : And walk away from 5 mil?
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

Well the understanding was that it was really a 7mil 1 year deal and the Pats might cut him. Retiring would just be a measure for him to save face instead of moving to another team. It's been almost assumed before last years performance they would cut him after Solder got some experience to save the 5mil in cap space

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

watching 2003 hey rookie welcome to the NFL on NFL network and funny to hear and see what all the "experts" said about Charles Rogers.  WR drafted 2nd overall by the Lions, some said he and Joey Harrington would change Detroit.
    1st year broken collarbone out for season, 2nd year same, 3rd year suspended for 3rd drug policy violation detroit gets most of the money given to him back.

Doesn't matter how much ability a kid has, some can even BS the best scouts and once they get their $$ their true colors come out.

I think it's the reason BB puts so much into a kids character over his college career.  Some might have an insident here or there but what 18-22 yr old doesn't make some mistakes?  But how he acts on everyday basis, with team mates and coaches is the most important.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Studying safeties last 48 hours. After Mark Barron/Harrison Smith, there are too many height-weight-speed pageant winners that can't tackle

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Todd McShay   @ McShay13   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open Studying safeties last 48 hours. After Mark Barron/Harrison Smith, there are too many height-weight-speed pageant winners that can't tackle
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Though I would't call Iloka a hard hitter and he does on occassion break down in open space against good moves he is an average to above average tackler imo. The difference though between Iloka and Harrison/Barron is when Harrison/Barron hit you, you know it. When Iloka hits you he'll drag you down but won't bowl you over

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]Marvin Jones interview, if this dude runs a 4.4 he'll starting rising on boards.  damn it!   http://thefootballexpert.com/interviews/marvin-jones-wr-california.html
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Hey, start thinking about a much better - and proven receiver - Nick Toon.  Heard of him???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Todd McShay   @ McShay13   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open Studying safeties last 48 hours. After Mark Barron/Harrison Smith, there are too many height-weight-speed pageant winners that can't tackle
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Speaking of bad tackling. Although he is not mentioned to the Pats in any way I watched one vid on Youtube of that Zach Brown linebacker. Yes he was flying all over the place but he flat out missed a minimum of 7 tackles. He was awful. I think it was only one game if i remember correct so maybe just a bad game but wow it was bad for that one vid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

How the heck did Sanu have so many catches? Was watching a video against UConn, my word was the Rutgers QB bad. ...at least in that game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

To the many of you have already posted, and subsequently why i went and watched them. I agree that Rueben Randle and Marvin Jones have some very nice youtube videos.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Though I would't call Iloka a hard hitter and he does on occassion break down in open space against good moves he is an average to above average tackler imo. The difference though between Iloka and Harrison/Barron is when Harrison/Barron hit you, you know it. When Iloka hits you he'll drag you down but won't bowl you over

Yeah, I love to their ability quickly close downhill, smack you in the mouth, give up minimal YAC etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Yeah, I love to their ability quickly close downhill, smack you in the mouth, give up minimal YAC etc.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I do want to mention though MB that if th Pats do go after Griffen as a hard hitting, ball hawking FS then I think they could target Iloka who has steadily improved throughout the season and even starting being a heavier hitter. I originally thought he'd be a FS/CB but some scouts think he could be an upgraded version of Sanders type of player. A FS/SS combo that is better in coverage but with a little more weight has shown ability to lay a big hit every so often

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I do want to mention though MB that if th Pats do go after Griffen as a hard hitting, ball hawking FS then I think they could target Iloka who has steadily improved throughout the season and even starting being a heavier hitter. I originally thought he'd be a FS/CB but some scouts think he could be an upgraded version of Sanders type of player. A FS/SS combo that is better in coverage but with a little more weight has shown ability to lay a big hit every so often

I best thing I remember reading about IIoka was they he was extemely impressive playing slot CB during senior bowl week when asked to.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I best thing I remember reading about IIoka was they he was extemely impressive playing slot CB during senior bowl week when asked to.

He is very adept at playing man and press against slot WR's and TE's. The thought is at 6'4" 210 if he adds 10lbs he'd be a harder hitter. If he lost 10lbs he'd be fast enough to be a man CB. A lot of scouts see him more as a coverage S long term (mainly because of height) so adding the extra 10lbs wouldn't hurt his ability to cover in slot or TE's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]To the many of you have already posted, and subsequently why i went and watched them. I agree that Rueben Randle and Marvin Jones have some very nice youtube videos.

Oh oh someone else coming on the Marvin Jones bus, plenty of room IQ although it is filling up quickly.  If this dude (most sites have him as a mid 4.5s guy) runs a 4.4 and does as well in drills as I expect him to he'll be a 2nd rounder IMO.

Sections
Shortcuts