***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!

Endleman will be working as a back up FS in training camp. He could make plays back there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!:
    Endleman will be working as a back up FS in training camp. He could make plays back there.
    Posted by jeffory

I think he'll improve with another year at DB, he's also not afraid to get his nose dirty, but I prefer him as a depth only player in the secondary, would much rather they bring in a legit safety man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Pats need to trade Hoyer for at least a 3rd, then it would be great if we could consolidate our own 3rd and our 4th into moves that move us up a little in the first 5 picks, take 5 players in the 20-75 range and score at least 1 star, 2 starters, 1 good backup and one guy who makes the roster for several years at least and I'll be happy.
    Posted by rameakap

The NFL "experts" are pretty much trashing Courtney Upshaw saying he doesn't have a position in the NFL.  They say he can't play in space or drop and he's too short and will get engulfed by OTs.  He has short arms so can't fend off blocks well.  For me, he's a pretty darn good football player.  Spikes dropped like a rock because of his 40 time.  I wonder if we should be thinking Upshaw if he dropped to us at 27. 

We would have come full circle on the kid.  A lot of us liked him at the beginning than after a strong Sr. Bowl he seemed to have elevated too high in round 1 and now he's free falling over measurables.  Maybe Upshaw at 27, Branch at 31 and we trade our 4th into next year for a 3rd.  We could then get Zeitler at 48 and a DB at 62 and a WR or KR-RB at 94.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : i would love to get hill (as long as we still get jenkins). i am not sure he will drop to us (or near us) and we surely can get a big outside wr at the end of 2. if we got those 2 in round 1 id like that.  re fs, im in favor of moving mccourty to fs and coaching him up there. i think he has skills better suited to it. still wouldnt say no to barron (as long as i get jenkins too-and at a higher priority) dont know if smith can do much against the pass (and we already have chung who cannot cover well (my hunch is he may be better at covering than chung, at least as good, but i may prefer a better cover safety). id much prefer to have 2 cover safetys on the field, even if one is a ss and great against the run (a la barron and mccourty)
    Posted by bredbru

I love Jenkins as a player but boy, he's a gamble with the character.  I don't think he has matured.  He was looking all smug and gangster when one of the coaches was giving a "life" speech at the Combine.

If we want a CB, I'd rather get Gilmore (who may be long gone), or Kirkpatrick if either slip to 27.  Hill is a total luxury pick at this point.  Love to have him but would rather get a top flight CB then a rush OLB.  What if we got Kirkpatrick and Upshaw in round 1?  That would be pretty awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I still don't get where the whole Barron/Smith are "too much like Chung/primarily box S's" thoughts come from (this isn't aimed solely at you Faucet, just commenting on the topic in general).  Both players are very good playing in deep coverage and have done it plenty at their respective schools... they're also the two best tackling S's in this class by a wide margin and would rank at the top in most any class in that category, IMO.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I think because they are big kids and known for hitting, run stopping and tackling that this is the perception on both these kids.  They are both listed as SS too.  But it doesn't mean they can't cover a little and play in space.

We all know the NFL is about creating favorable match-ups.  Offenses are designed to put in personnel groups out there to attack the defense that's on the field.  Do I think either of these guys can cover the slot receiver, heck no!  But I think they can cover just about any TE and they are fast enough and long enough to help out in bracketed coverages down the middle and can double on the edge. 

I love the flexibility of both these guys and I love the run support and sure tackling which has been a weakness of our DBs of late.  We might not be able to get Barron but we can sure get Harrison Smith.  The question is do we want him and how high are we willing to take him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Updated draft board:

Rd 1Rd 2 Keeping an eye on:
    S- Mark  BarronS- Harrison Smith DL- Billy Winn
    DL- Fletcher CoxCB- Jayron Hosley DL- Jerel Worthy
    DL- Michael BrockersDE/OLB- Shea McClellin DL Mike Martin
    CB- Dre KirkpatrickDE/OLB- Vinny Curry DE/OLB-Whitney Mercilus
    OLB- Courtney UpshawCB-Josh Robinson DE/OLB- Andre Branch
    LB- Dont'a HightowerWR- Rueben Randle DE/OLB- Nick Perry
    CB/S- Stephon GilmoreWR- Alshon Jeffery CB- Chase Minnifield
    DL- Kendall ReyesCB- Brandon Boykin 
    C- Peter KonzOG- Amini Silatolu CB/S Alfonzo Dennard
     S- Markelle Martin
     OT/OG- Jeff Allen
    Rd 3Rd 4 OT/OG- Tony Bergstrom
    DE/OLB- Cam JohnsonDL- Derek Wolfe OT/OG- Brandon Washington
    WR- Marvin JonesWR- Greg Childs OT- Mitchell Schwartz
    S- George IlokaWR- Joe Adams OT- Zebrie Sanders
    DL- Alameda Ta'amuWR- Devon Wylie OT- Brandon Mosley
    RB- Chris PolkCB- Omar Bolden OG Kevin Zeitler
    C- Ben JonesOG- Joe Looney OG- Lucas Nix
    OG/OT- Senio KelemeteCB- Shaun Prater C- Phillip Blake
    CB- Casey HaywardOLB- Kyle Wilber C- Mike Brewster
    DE/OLB- Jake BequetteDL- Josh Chapman WR- Mohamed Sanu
    WR- Chris Givens
    WR- Ryan Broyles
    Rd's 5-URFAWR- Jarius Wright
    CB- Ron BrooksWR- Marvin McNutt
    WR- Danny CoaleRB- Doug Martin
    LB- Vontaze Burfict
    DL- Kheeston Randall
    C/OG- Quentin Saulsberry
    DL- Markus Kuhn
    LB- Tank Carder
    OLB- Darius Fleming
    OLB- Vince Browne
    OLB- Tyler Nielsen
    OLB- Miles Burris
    DE/OLB- Brett Roy
    DE/OLB- Julian Miller
    DE/OLB- Olivier Vernon
    DL- Matt Conrath
    DL- Taylor Thompson
    DL- Dominique Hamilton
    DL- Ryan Van Bergen
    DL- Ethan Johnson
    DL- Jaye Howard
    DL- Travian Roberston
    DL- Akiem Hicks
    S- Brandon Taylor
    S- Jerron McMillian
    S- Dequan Menzie
    S- Jordan Bernstine
    CB/S- Neiko Thorpe
    CB/S- Robert Blanton
    CB/S- Coryell Judie
    CB- Asa Jackson
    CB- Coty Sensabaugh
    OG/OT- Markus Zusevics
    OG/OT- Nate Potter
    OT/OG- Tom Compton
    OT- Andrew Datko
    OT- Bryce Harris
    OG- Adam Gettis
    OG- Desmond Wynn
    TE- Brad Herman
    TE- George Bryan
    TE- Chase Ford
    TE- Kevin Koger
    RB- Jonas Gray
    RB-  Robert Turbin
    RB- Jeremy Stewart
    WR- Marquis Maze
    WR- AJ Jenkins
    WR- TJ Graham
    WR- Kashif Moore
    WR- Chris Owusu
    WR- Aaron Pflugrad   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I think he'll improve with another year at DB, he's also not afraid to get his nose dirty, but I prefer him as a depth only player in the secondary, would much rather they bring in a legit safety man.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

amen to that!!  We don't want QB turned WR turned kick returner turned DB in our secondary.  We did that last year and it didn't work out too good.  I want Edelman backing up the slot and maybe returning punts. 

We still need a good KR who is either a WR or RB by trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Updated draft board: Rd 1 Rd 2   Keeping an eye on: S- Mark   Barron S- Harrison Smith   DL- Billy Winn DL- Fletcher Cox CB- Jayron Hosley   DL- Jerel Worthy DL- Michael Brockers DE/OLB- Shea McClellin   DL Mike Martin CB- Dre Kirkpatrick DE/OLB- Vinny Curry   DE/OLB-Whitney Mercilus OLB- Courtney Upshaw CB-Josh Robinson   DE/OLB- Andre Branch LB- Dont'a Hightower WR- Rueben Randle   DE/OLB Chandler Jones CB/S- Stephon Gilmore WR- Alshon Jeffery   CB- Chase Minnifield DL- Kendall Reyes CB- Brandon Boykin   CB- Casey Hayward C- Peter Konz OG- Amini Silatolu   CB- Shaun Prater   CB/S Alfonzo Dennard   S- Markelle Martin Rd 3 Rd 4   OT/OG- Jeff Allen DE/OLB- Cam Johnson DL- Derek Wolfe   OT/OG- Tony Bergstrom WR- Marvin Jones WR- Greg Childs   OT/OG- Brandon Washington S- George Iloka WR- Joe Adams   OT- Mitchell Schwartz DL- Alameda Ta'amu WR- Devon Wylie   OT- Zebrie Sanders RB- Chris Polk CB- Ron Brooks   OT- Brandon Mosley C- Ben Jones OG- Joe Looney   OG Kevin Zeitler OG/OT- Senio Kelemete CB- Omar Bolden   OG- Lucas Nix CB- Leonard Johnson OLB- Kyle Wilber   C- Phillip Blake DE/OLB- Jake Bequette DL- Josh Chapman   C- Mike Brewster WR- Mohamed Sanu WR- Chris Givens Rd's 5-URFA WR- Ryan Broyles WR- Danny Coale WR- Jarius Wright LB- Vontaze Burfict WR- Marvin McNutt DL- Kheeston Randall RB- Doug Martin C/OG- Quentin Saulsberry DL- Markus Kuhn LB- Tank Carder OLB- Darius Fleming OLB- Vince Browne OLB- Tyler Nielsen DE/OLB- Brett Roy DE/OLB- Julian Miller DE/OLB- Olivier Vernon DL- Matt Conrath DL- Taylor Thompson DL- Dominique Hamilton DL- Ryan Van Bergen DL- Ethan Johnson DL- Jaye Howard DL- Travian Roberston DL- Akiem Hicks S- Brandon Taylor S- Jerron McMillian S- Dequan Menzie S- Jordan Bernstine CB/S- Neiko Thorpe CB/S- Robert Blanton CB/S- Coryell Judie CB- Asa Jackson CB- Coty Sensabaugh OG/OT- Markus Zusevics OG/OT- Nate Potter OT/OG- Tom Compton OT- Andrew Datko OT- Bryce Harris OG- Adam Gettis OG- Desmond Wynn TE- Brad Herman TE- George Bryan TE- Chase Ford TE- Kevin Koger RB- Jonas Gray RB-   Robert Turbin RB- Jeremy Stewart WR- Marquis Maze WR- AJ Jenkins WR- TJ Graham WR- Kashif Moore WR- Chris Owusu WR- Aaron Pflugrad      
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Surprised you are only keeping your eye on Andre Branch and Mike Martin.  I think both would be excellent.  Pryor keeps getting hurt and Martin is so athletic.  I love him in nickel situations.

Mike Martin Quick facts.
    1.  Won the Michigan Wrestling State Championship in his junior season (after having no prior wrestling experience), 
    2.  Broke T.J. Duckett's former Michigan high school shot put record on his way to a state championship.
    3.  Appeared in 12 games as a true freshman.  In a reserve roll had 20 tackle, 4 for loss and 2 sacks.
    4.  Started at Nose 12 games as a sophomore. 51 tackles, 6.5 for loss, 2 sacks.  Voted team's best DL.
    5.  Second-team All-Big Ten honors as a junior.  Started 12 games, registering 37 tackles, six for loss and 2.5 sacks. He missed the Purdue Game on Nov. 13, 2010, due to an ankle injury that plagued him for the rest of the season but he played through it.
    6.  Second-team All-Big Ten honors in 2011, racking up a career-high 54 tackles and three sacks to go along with six tackles for loss.
    7.  He owed Mike Brewster at Senior Bowl practices.
    8.  Martin is an undersized nose tackle with loads of experience in a 3-4 defense. But he lacks a consistent anchor against double teams and just does not have the right frame to be an NFL starter. Because of his ability to penetrate against one-on-one blocks, Martin could be a solid rotation player in a 4-3 scheme as a three-technique tackle and move to the nose on passing downs.
    9.  Voted a 2011 season captain by teammates during fall camp … named to the Bednarik Award and Rotary Lombardi Award preseason watch lists.
    10. 7th at Combine in 40 at 4.88.  Of the tackles projected to be drafted ahead of him, only Fletcher Cox was faster.
    11. His 36 reps at 225 were second best behind Poe.
    12. His 7.19 cone was third best.  Cox was #1 and a nobody was #2.
    13. He was second in the Shuttle at 4.25 behind the same nobody.
    14. He was 5th in the vertical at 33.5.  This from a guy who is 306 lbs.

I love Martin (and not because we share the same last name) as a late 2nd to mid 3rd round pick as a situational nickel DT. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : i believe it was faucet who pointed out to me zeitler can play c,g,or t which has me leaning heavily toward him in the draft as out o line pick. if we got curry, jenkins, zeitler, a big outside wr and a good dt that would make our draft imo. with an extra pick and udfa's coale or hemingway as the future slot and a potential feature back to compete with ridley. if we get a pick for hoyer before the draft it makes this all easier.
    Posted by bredbru

Any chance we get the Dolphins trading us pick 42 for Hoyer after the Browns go with Tannehill in rd 1?

I still want to sign Yeremiah Bell BADLY. Then we don't have to draft a safety.

pick 27 - Upshaw (as noted is falling, we play him as a 4-3 DE only)

pick 31  - traded to Philly with pick 127 for picks 46 and 51

pick 42 - (from Dolphins) Reyes or (more likely) Jerel Worthy

pick 46 - Shea McClellin

pick 48 - Doug Martin (or traded for Jonathan Stewart)

pick 51 - traded down for a low 3rd and 2013 2nd rd pick (unless we don't sign Bell and Harrison Smith is here, if Smith is not maybe reach for Iloka)

pick 63 - Chase Minnifield or Josh Robinson (get a CB who can kick)

pick (say) 83 - Joe Adams

pick 95 - one of Derek Wolfe, Billy Winn, Jared Crick, Kheeston Randall

pick - one of the C's, Jones, Blake, Molk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Surprised you are only keeping your eye on Andre Branch and Mike Martin.  I think both would be excellent.  Pryor keeps getting hurt and Martin is so athletic.  I love him in nickel situations. Mike Martin Quick facts. 1.  Won the Michigan Wrestling State Championship in his junior season (after having no prior wrestling experience),  2.  Broke T.J. Duckett's former Michigan high school shot put record on his way to a state championship. 3.  Appeared in 12 games as a true freshman.  In a reserve roll had 20 tackle, 4 for loss and 2 sacks. 4.  Started at Nose 12 games as a sophomore. 51 tackles, 6.5 for loss, 2 sacks.  Voted team's best DL. 5.  Second-team All-Big Ten honors as a junior.  Started 12 games, registering 37 tackles, six for loss and 2.5 sacks. He missed the Purdue Game on Nov. 13, 2010, due to an ankle injury that plagued him for the rest of the season but he played through it. 6.  Second-team All-Big Ten honors in 2011, racking up a career-high 54 tackles and three sacks to go along with six tackles for loss. 7.  He owed Mike Brewster at Senior Bowl practices. 8.  Martin is an undersized nose tackle with loads of experience in a 3-4 defense. But he lacks a consistent anchor against double teams and just does not have the right frame to be an NFL starter. Because of his ability to penetrate against one-on-one blocks, Martin could be a solid rotation player in a 4-3 scheme as a three-technique tackle and move to the nose on passing downs. 9.  Voted a 2011 season captain by teammates during fall camp … named to the Bednarik Award and Rotary Lombardi Award preseason watch lists. 10. 7th at Combine in 40 at 4.88.  Of the tackles projected to be drafted ahead of him, only Fletcher Cox was faster. 11. His 36 reps at 225 were second best behind Poe. 12. His 7.19 cone was third best.  Cox was #1 and a nobody was #2. 13. He was second in the Shuttle at 4.25 behind the same nobody. 14. He was 5th in the vertical at 33.5.  This from a guy who is 306 lbs. I love Martin (and not because we share the same last name) as a late 2nd to mid 3rd round pick as a situational nickel DT.   
    Posted by Faucetman

Believe me, I like this kid a lot, if they were/are going more 43 (short, short arms, not really a 2-gapper), he'd be a definite day 2 kid on my board.  He may work his way onto my Rd 3 stack before all is said and done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Believe me, I like this kid a lot, if they were/are going more 43 (short, short arms, not really a 2-gapper), he'd be a definite day 2 kid on my board.  He may work his way onto my Rd 3 stack before all is said and done.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Martin is the same size as Pryor but more athletic.  I don't think it's about playing more 43.  We are in the nickel more than our base 34 anyway.  He'd probably play at least 40% of the snaps.  If we're thinking about who we could draft that could make the team and contribute, I see this roll as one of need.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Any chance we get the Dolphins trading us pick 42 for Hoyer after the Browns go with Tannehill in rd 1? I still want to sign Yeremiah Bell BADLY. Then we don't have to draft a safety. pick 27 - Upshaw (as noted is falling, we play him as a 4-3 DE only) pick 31  - traded to Philly with pick 127 for picks 46 and 51 pick 42 - (from Dolphins) Reyes or (more likely) Jerel Worthy pick 46 - Shea McClellin pick 48 - Doug Martin (or traded for Jonathan Stewart) pick 51 - traded down for a low 3rd and 2013 2nd rd pick (unless we don't sign Bell and Harrison Smith is here, if Smith is not maybe reach for Iloka) pick 63 - Chase Minnifield or Josh Robinson (get a CB who can kick) pick (say) 83 - Joe Adams pick 95 - one of Derek Wolfe, Billy Winn, Jared Crick, Kheeston Randall pick - one of the C's, Jones, Blake, Molk
    Posted by rameakap

Nope because they could've signed him to an offer sheet for that same pick.  Now it's too late.   Hoyer has signed his tender.  So why trade for him now when they could have got him before?  I think 2nd round is way too rich for him anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Martin is the same size as Pryor but more athletic.  I don't think it's about playing more 43.  We are in the nickel more than our base 34 anyway.  He'd probably play at least 40% of the snaps.  If we're thinking about who we could draft that could make the team and contribute, I see this roll as one of need.
    Posted by Faucetman

I'm not sure nickel = undersized DL 40% of the snaps.  I think he'd see the field, but I don't know what the % split would be.  Pryor is a fair comparison in terms of size, but he was a 6th rounder so I'm not sure he's a good example of their willingness to spend day 1/2 picks on subpackage players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Amini Silatolu is the true definition of a "Man Among Boys" at the DII level...  he looks like a grown man playing against Pop Warner kids.  Just a nasty, nasty dude... Gronk smashing players into the ground all over the field...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1vMglvFlE

Would love to see what Dante could do with his raw strength/ability.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : How about writng off Sergio Brown. He was horrible.
    Posted by teegee

you beat me to saying that!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Wow, this is tough.  How the heck are we going to find space for 6 rookies to make the 53?  I don't think we can so I'd actually look to trade pick 31 for 2013 first to a bad team.  ...
    Posted by Faucetman

is it really a concern? i know little about the business side, but how many of these contracts are binding?

i'd rather have 6 rookies who are actually competing for starting spots, than the the thought of having to start the sergio browns of the world when a starter gets hurt. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I'm not sure nickel = undersized DL 40% of the snaps.  I think he'd see the field, but I don't know what the % split would be.  Pryor is a fair comparison in terms of size, but he was a 6th rounder so I'm not sure he's a good example of their willingness to spend day 1/2 picks on subpackage players.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Fair comment.  Martin would also be good on special teams with that size/speed combo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Fair comment.  Martin would also be good on special teams with that size/speed combo.
    Posted by Faucetman

I know you like yourself some O-lineman, Faucet, check out Amini Silatolu if you haven't already... I'm kinda late in the game in terms of checking this kid out, but wow... just annihilates DII competition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I know you like yourself some O-lineman, Faucet, check out Amini Silatolu if you haven't already... I'm kinda late in the game in terms of checking this kid out, but wow... just annihilates DII competition.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

he's a 1st-2nd round prospect.  here's a guy more in our range, small school guy with loads of upside and quite the physical specimen. (according to walter football)

Brandon Brooks, G/T, Miami of Ohio
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 346.
    40 Time: 4.98. 10-Yd Split: 1.71.
    Bench: 36.
    Arm: 33 1/2. Hand: 10.
    Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

3/6/12: Brooks surprisingly did not receive an invitation to the Combine. He was one of the standouts of the East-West Shrine with a phenomenal week of practice. The powerful Brooks pushed defensive linemen around while showing real athleticism. He performed well at his pro day and put up some impressive numbers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : he's a 1st-2nd round prospect
    Posted by natesubs

Knew he was consistently projected as a likely Rd 2 kid, just hadn't watched tape on him until know... I can now see for myself where the intrigue/projection is coming from.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : he's a 1st-2nd round prospect.  here's a guy more in our range, small school guy with loads of upside and quite the physical specimen. (according to walter football) Brandon Brooks, G/T, Miami of Ohio Height: 6-5. Weight: 346. 40 Time: 4.98. 10-Yd Split: 1.71. Bench: 36. Arm: 33 1/2. Hand: 10. Projected Round (2012): 3-4. 3/6/12: Brooks surprisingly did not receive an invitation to the Combine. He was one of the standouts of the East-West Shrine with a phenomenal week of practice. The powerful Brooks pushed defensive linemen around while showing real athleticism. He performed well at his pro day and put up some impressive numbers.
    Posted by natesubs

i like the idea of another 350 pounder in the future OL. if they promise is fulfilled you could have this guy playing guard opposite cannon. the problem is there are non youtube videos on this guy. there may be hs videos. i would not mind it if the pats gambled their #93 on him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Before anyone goes all Mike Mayock yeah yeah, especially on DB's cause he was one yeah yeah... Let's not forget it was only a couple years ago that he had Darius Butler as #3 and Alphonso Smith as #4(neither one has a starting job at the moment)... just as one example.

or how about chip vaughn #5 safety a couple years ago. Not even in the league I don't think.

Kyle Wilson he had #2 and in defense of that ranking he is behind Revis and Cromartie but the jets were willing to let Cro go when courting Asmmmuuahhh(too lazy to look up spelling) but didn't want to start Wilson.

or how about Mayock ranking Taylor Mays as his #2 safety. He's just about out of the league now too isn't he? SF -> Cin and not on Cin depth chart currently?? IR??

Not dumping on Mayock but don't think anyone should be using a players rank on Mayocks list as any sort of validation. (not sure if those were his "final" rankings but I looked for posts/updates that happened in April of those years)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

espn's draft machine is finally up. if you have not used this before, try it. it's pretty cool for simulating draft scenarios.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Nope because they could've signed him to an offer sheet for that same pick.  Now it's too late.   Hoyer has signed his tender.  So why trade for him now when they could have got him before?  I think 2nd round is way too rich for him anyway.
    Posted by Faucetman

yeah true

so what do you think? We get a 3rd from whoever misses on Tannehill?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : yeah true so what do you think? We get a 3rd from whoever misses on Tannehill?
    Posted by rameakap

there are more QBs than teams in need.

i believe only two QBs get picked in the first round. a third QB could be picked by mia in the first, but i do not believe they have to. if the big board on espn's draft machine is a true reflection of how teams grade the prospects, the following QBs rated 2nd round are available

Osweiler
    Weeden
    Foles
    Cousins

Teams who might need backup QBs:

CLE
    JAX
    Maybe BUF

i guess one could argue that hoyer would make a better backup than those guys.

Sections
Shortcuts