***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]I haven't heard a whole lot about Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas.  I'm surprised that he isn't up the board more.  Any thoughts? I don't think that Barron will be there when the Pats pick but if he is it's a no brainer.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

I like Bequette, will be interesting to see him in some LB drills.  6'5" 271 and scout.com has a report that he was clocked in the 4.6s.  If he shows good feet and hips are not too tight this kid is an option at LB.  Struggled at times to get off blocks but hope Peppers can fix some of that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't heard a whole lot about Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas.  I'm surprised that he isn't up the board more.  Any thoughts? I don't think that Barron will be there when the Pats pick but if he is it's a no brainer.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Hey gt,
    I have him on my Top 25 Watch List and think he's in the discussion in the middle rounds, especially if they're looking to go more 43, where I think he'd fit best.

Curious to see how or if he performs in LB drills at the combine.

Kid has very good size and length, and on tape he shows decent athleticism/COD, very good aggression/motor, good first step and burst of the snap... he also displays some pretty good instincts and ability as a run defender. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

I mentioned him before.  I like him in the 4th.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Been a while since my last post, but between being sick and the Patriots loss, haven't even wanted too, but now I am ready for the offseason.

Just a point I thought I'd throw out there.

It's being reported that Mark Barron, will need to have double hernia surgery and will be out until July/August which could certainly affect his draft stock a bit in my estimation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Guys, thanks for the response on Bequette.  My thinking is he would be a steal in the 4th round as I'm surprised I don't see him ranked higher. 

mbeau - I saw him on your list but hadn't seen any talk about him.  The Pats could use a DE of his caliber.  I like what Pats7393 had to say about possibilities at LB.  Being to play either spot would be huge thus increasing his value.  The 4th round just seems so late to me.

Double hernia...ouch!  That will hurt his stock alright.  Even if he comes in late the Pats need to get this guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Been a while since my last post, but between being sick and the Patriots loss, haven't even wanted too, but now I am ready for the offseason. Just a point I thought I'd throw out there. It's being reported that Mark Barron, will need to have double hernia surgery and will be out until July/August which could certainly affect his draft stock a bit in my estimation.
    Posted by sportslover21[/QUOTE]

Can't find anything on this, just a bunch of fan sites asking the same.  Be hard to hide a double hernia, if they did has been a hell of a job hiding it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Can't find anything on this, just a bunch of fan sites asking the same.  Be hard to hide a double hernia, if they did has been a hell of a job hiding it.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Pretty reliable draft source on twitter, tweeted it earlier today. Just saying what I heard. Could be off base, but I find it hard to believe he'd throw it out there if he hadn't heard it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Pretty reliable draft source on twitter, tweeted it earlier today. Just saying what I heard. Could be off base, but I find it hard to believe he'd throw it out there if he hadn't heard it.

Hacked twitter account lol yeah I saw that Joe Everett had twitted that.  I don't know just think those would be huge news and would be everywhere from ESPN to NFL network.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Hacked twitter account lol yeah I saw that Joe Everett had twitted that.  I don't know just think those would be huge news and would be everywhere from ESPN to NFL network.

I doubt it would be on either ESPN or NFLN at this point to be honest. Just saying what I hear. Not sure I personally believe it yet, but like I said, would be dumb for someone like him to tweet it, if he wasn't sure of it.

Just a discussion point nonetheless, I am sure we will hear more either way soon enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I doubt it would be on either ESPN or NFLN at this point to be honest. Just saying what I hear. Not sure I personally believe it yet, but like I said, would be dumb for someone like him to tweet it, if he wasn't sure of it. Just a discussion point nonetheless, I am sure we will hear more either way soon enough.

Oh this would be a huge discussion topic you are correct there.  Not sure if he can be back by August if it would be a huge deal but some teams might shy away.  If he's back 100% by August then don't think it will hurt him too much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]How do you change your approach to the draft if in FA Pats did this: Resign WW Sign Lloyd Sign Adam Carriker DE/DT 27yrs old (6'6" 315lbs) experience in both 43 and 34 fronts in Washington Sign Reggie Nelson FS 28 yrs old Sign Ahmad Brooks OLB 27 yrs old 6'3" 259lbs  Could the Pats have enough $$ to sign these guys?  How does this impact a draft.  

If the Pats did that I would be very very happy. I like Carriker a lot, and he would be a nice bookend in the 3-4. Lloyd a no brainer if the money is right, and same with Wes. I like Nelson as a FS, and we would be fortunate to land Ahmad Brooks on top of all that.

IF the Pats signed all these guys, I think it changes things a bit. I would definitely take a TE high over a WR, and I would also look to grab another DT/DE in the mold of Carriker. I may even package to move up and grab Brockers or Still. Can you imagine Carriker, VW, Still on the line together, with Deaderick/Love/Pryor providing depth? That is a nice line. It may also influence my decision to bring back Anderson and Carter if we have a 3-4 line that strong..meaning, you could kick Carriker out in the 4-3 to end, Still inside next to VW and then maybe put a Curry on the other end if you grabbed him in the 2nd round.

I agree with PatsEng...I would still be targeting an OLB even if we landed Brooks, although Curry would be my swing guy...You'd have Curry Spikes Mayo Brooks as our LBs.

Nelson/Chung as Safeties, McCourty and Moore/Dowling as your CBs...Molden, Arrington for depth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Hey gt, I have him on my Top 25 Watch List and think he's in the discussion in the middle rounds, especially if they're looking to go more 43, where I think he'd fit best. Curious to see how or if he performs in LB drills at the combine. Kid has very good size and length, and on taope he shows decent athleticism/COD, very good aggression/motor, good first step and burst of the snap... he also displays some pretty good instincts and ability as a run defender. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Agree. He could be a low money option to replace Carter/Anderson. He kind of reminds me of your boy Kerrigan. I would grab him with a 4th if he lasted that long. I've seen him mocked anywhere from the 3rd to 5th rounds. Honestly, I think after the combine, this kid to move up into the 3rd.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Hey gt, I have him on my Top 25 Watch List and think he's in the discussion in the middle rounds, especially if they're looking to go more 43, where I think he'd fit best. Curious to see how or if he performs in LB drills at the combine. Kid has very good size and length, and on taope he shows decent athleticism/COD, very good aggression/motor, good first step and burst of the snap... he also displays some pretty good instincts and ability as a run defender. 

he was in my first mock and has made it in every one i have done since, the kid has great size and is very intelligent as well, perfect patriot model for DE/OLB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

nepatriotsdraft.com has a pretty cool mock for the Pats:

Trade #31 & #48 to Cinncy for #17 & their 5th  for Brockers
    #27  Nick Perry  DE/OLB  USC
    #63  Joe Adams WR Arkansas
    3rd Rnd  Trumanine Johnson  CB/S  Montana
    4th Rnd  Shaun Prater CB  Iowa
    5th  Trade for a 6th & 7th
    6th  Brad Smelly  TE  "Bama
    7th  Dale Moss  WR  South Dakota St.

I like this scenario because I feel like Brockers is a rare prospect.  He may not even last 'till 17, but if he did, this would be a trade worth making, IMO.  Perry would really help our pass rush, and I've been high on Johnson for a while.  He is a kid who is a natural corner, but could transition to saftey.  Would give NE a little freedom to either transition McCourty to full time FS or keep him at Corner.  Smelly is a great blocking TE, with some upside as a pass catcher.  Supposedly a great character guy too.  Moss is just a raw, big reciever at 6'3" 220.  Worth a shot in the 7th.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Wow, I wasn't the only one thinking this.

2012 NFL Free Agency: Should the Buccaneers Go After Mike Wallace?

By (Analyst) on February 7, 2012

143 reads

GLENDALE, AZ - OCTOBER 23:  Wide receiver Mike Wallace #17 of the Pittsburgh Steelers runs with the football on a 95 touchdown reception against the Arizona Cardinals during the second quarter of the NFL game at the University of Phoenix Stadium on October 23, 2011 in Glendale, Arizona. The Steelers defeated the Cardinals 32-20.  (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images) Christian Petersen/Getty Images

Assuming Mike Wallace does not agree to a contract extension before free agency opens on March 13th, he will be a restricted free agent.  In recent years not many of the top restricted free agents have switched teams because their current team could tender them with a first- and third-round pick.  The two picks were a higher price than most teams would be willing to pay.

That has changed with the new CBA.  The maximum tender for a restricted free agent is now a first-round pick.  That means you might see more movement with the top restricted free agents on the market.  Some teams will think it is a better investment to trade the first round pick for a known commodity instead of spending a draft pick on a guy who has never played a down in the NFL.

The one thing that is still going to make it hard to acquire a restricted free agent is that the player's current team has the right to match any offer he receives.  So in order to get a restricted player away from a team, you have to be willing to not only give up a first-round pick, but you also have to be willing to pay that player and amount that his team is not willing to match.

That brings us to Mike Wallace.  There is no doubt that Mike Wallace has established himself as one of the best wide receivers in the NFL.  Over the past two year he has 132 catches for 2,450 yards and 18 touchdowns.  That is an average of 18.6 yards per catch.

The Buccaneers are not going to be able to find a player that can come in and make an immediate impact like Wallace would, even with the fifth overall pick in this year's draft.  However, with all of the needs that Tampa Bay has on both sides of the ball, they cannot afford to pay Wallace the amount of money it would take to make an offer that the Pittsburgh Steelers would be willing to match.

So while the prospects of adding Mike Wallace are exciting, it is a deal that the Buccaneers simply cannot afford to make.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Hey buddy, lets call a spade a spade.  win or lose, Mankins wasn't in the discussion for MVP.  Still a healthy Mankins dominates just about everyone.  Zietler at 47 is one of the moves I like there.  The guy can pull and engage down the field.  I like him a lot as an option at 47 if other needs are met. Mb has been on the Barron bandwagon since before I got back on here.  I am just getting onboard with the voice of the master with this pick.  We could end the years of frustration if we landed him at the right price.  I don't see the Jets going for him at 15 but I do see CIN in play at 21.  Cinci might also go with some DL help, even the big Poe.  If that happens, Barron has a shot to slip through to 27.  I would hope most of you would respect Mb and other voices of wisdom that says give us a Rodney Harrison thumper back there and address our weakest position right off the bat so that GMs can sleep and fans can set their bottles down and go home without kicking their dogs or tormenting their wives. Barron at 27 would represent a major coup and solves our biggest need right away. At 31, we may still have Hightower and Cox.  Cox could be that missing piece to convert back to a 34. But Hightower could be that versatile guy who can play OLB, MLB and a little 43 DE.  Putting this debate aside, we could go so many directions here at 31.  Trade way down and pick up a 2013 1st, go with Sanu (still a top fav pick for many), take yet another CB. Reach a bit for a #3 TE, grab the 2nd RB off the board, take a pass rusher conversion type, Curry/Branch. I struggle at 31. At 47, I am really warming up to Zeitler.  But options abound with Crick, Reyes, Dougie Martin, Alshon Jeffrey (if he slips), Chase Minnifield, Ronnell Lewis and of course, Vinny Curry. Gonna be fun!!
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks Faucet, I'm just a dude that loves the draft like y'all.

Alshon Jeffery is an intriguing kid in that he's huge and athletic and while he's not a WR that has the elite speed and/or quicks that they seem to gravitate towards, he does play into that "matchup nightmare" category that NE has had success with (Gronkowski/Hernandez) and can use his size to either wall off or out jump defenders; he'll also work the middle of the field.

He has excellent hands and a huge catching radius to go along with excellent ball skills and body control... I'd love to see what this kid could do with good, consistent QB play.

His negatives would be lack of elite speed and quicks, he's also raw as a route runner as it doesn't appear he was asked to run many complex routes at the college level (mostly simple fades, quick screens, slants & posts etc).

Nonetheless, if he's around in the 40's, I'd be very interested.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Haha, thanks Faucet, I'm just a dude that loves the draft like y'all. Alshon Jeffery is an intriguing kid in that he's huge and athletic and while he's not a WR that has the elite speed and/or quicks that they seem to gravitate towards, he does play into that "matchup nightmare" category that NE has had success with (Gronkowski/Hernandez) and can use his size to either wall off or out jump defenders; he'll also work the middle of the field. He has excellent hands and a huge catching radius to go along with excellent ball skills and body control... I'd love to see what this kid could do with good, consistent QB play. His negatives would be lack of elite speed and quicks, he's also raw as a route runner as it doesn't appear he was asked to run many complex routes at the college level (mostly simple fades, quick screens, slants & posts etc). Nonetheless, if he's around in the 40's, I'd be very interested.
    Hey Buddy, wasn't it you that chastised me for suggesting Jeffrey when I first came on this year? or maybe it was Pats, Low or Eng, can't remember now.  I know we were both talking him up before he decided not to declare last year.  He is basically another Hernandez but at the WR position, a little taller and leaner but a huge match up problem against small corners.

You, know, I don't even remember writing the post you were responding too.  I think I was pretty buzzed and it was late at night.  Now that the season is over and I had a chance to drown my sorrows, I'm drying out until baseball starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I wasn't the only one thinking this. 2012 NFL Free Agency: Should the Buccaneers Go After Mike Wallace? By James Tate (Analyst) on February 7, 2012 143 reads 0 Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories Next Christian Petersen/Getty Images Assuming Mike Wallace does not agree to a contract extension before free agency opens on March 13th, he will be a restricted free agent.  In recent years not many of the top restricted free agents have switched teams because their current team could tender them with a first- and third-round pick.  The two picks were a higher price than most teams would be willing to pay. That has changed with the new CBA.  The maximum tender for a restricted free agent is now a first-round pick.  That means you might see more movement with the top restricted free agents on the market.  Some teams will think it is a better investment to trade the first round pick for a known commodity instead of spending a draft pick on a guy who has never played a down in the NFL . The one thing that is still going to make it hard to acquire a restricted free agent is that the player's current team has the right to match any offer he receives.  So in order to get a restricted player away from a team, you have to be willing to not only give up a first-round pick, but you also have to be willing to pay that player and amount that his team is not willing to match. That brings us to Mike Wallace.  There is no doubt that Mike Wallace has established himself as one of the best wide receivers in the NFL.  Over the past two year he has 132 catches for 2,450 yards and 18 touchdowns.  That is an average of 18.6 yards per catch. The Buccaneers are not going to be able to find a player that can come in and make an immediate impact like Wallace would, even with the fifth overall pick in this year's draft.  However, with all of the needs that Tampa Bay has on both sides of the ball, they cannot afford to pay Wallace the amount of money it would take to make an offer that the Pittsburgh Steelers would be willing to match. So while the prospects of adding Mike Wallace are exciting, it is a deal that the Buccaneers simply cannot afford to make.

Well that convinces me. We have about the same cap sapce as the Bucs and just as many if not more holes to fill. It was a nice thought Faucet but I just can't see us fitting Wallace into the budget and fixing the other holes we need to fix

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]nepatriotsdraft.com has a pretty cool mock for the Pats: Trade #31 & #48 to Cinncy for #17 & their 5th  for Brockers #27  Nick Perry  DE/OLB  USC #63  Joe Adams WR Arkansas 3rd Rnd  Trumanine Johnson  CB/S  Montana 4th Rnd  Shaun Prater CB  Iowa 5th  Trade for a 6th & 7th 6th  Brad Smelly  TE  "Bama 7th  Dale Moss  WR  South Dakota St. I like this scenario because I feel like Brockers is a rare prospect.  He may not even last 'till 17, but if he did, this would be a trade worth making, IMO.  Perry would really help our pass rush, and I've been high on Johnson for a while.  He is a kid who is a natural corner, but could transition to saftey.  Would give NE a little freedom to either transition McCourty to full time FS or keep him at Corner.  Smelly is a great blocking TE, with some upside as a pass catcher.  Supposedly a great character guy too.  Moss is just a raw, big reciever at 6'3" 220.  Worth a shot in the 7th.
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

I think I would take that and run. Perry and Brockers? That would instantly upgraded our front 7 big time and take a ton of pressure off the secondary.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Hey Buddy, wasn't it you that chastised me for suggesting Jeffrey when I first came on this year? or maybe it was Pats, Low or Eng, can't remember now.  I know we were both talking him up before he decided not to declare last year.  He is basically another Hernandez but at the WR position, a little taller and leaner but a huge match up problem against small corners. You, know, I don't even remember writing the post you were responding too.  I think I was pretty buzzed and it was late at night.  Now that the season is over and I had a chance to drown my sorrows, I'm drying out until baseball starts.

That might have been me because I see Jeffery as another Byrant type of pain in the butt headache. Ton of talent but no sense of reality and will cause trouble. The Pats already passed on Bryant once they will pass on another again

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok time for some hidden gem/sleeper/UDFA talk. Since currently we have no 5th, 6th, or 7th round picks lets talk about some UDFA's or really late picks that you can trade back into the draft for

WR:

Damarlo Belcher Indiana: This kid is 6'5" 215lb and runs mid 4.4's. In his first 2 seasons at Indiana he was very production. This year though he was kicked off the team after 6 games. In the draft I don't think anyone will touch him but given his size and speed I would bring him in for a look. Maybe between getting kicked off the team and not getting drafted it will be a life changing moment and he'll get back on track in his life. Well worth bringing into camp with a short leash

TE:

Chase Ford Miami: 6'6" 260lb runs a sub 4.7. Not much production at Miami and not a great blocker but he catches anything in his radius and has the size to become a blocking TE with the right coaching. Is a bit of a project and will take a year or 2 to develop but his route running and catching ability have been compared to Jimmy Graham. Could be a real find in the later rounds if you trade back in

RB:

Chris Rainey Florida: 5'8" 178lbs runs sub 4.4. I don't see this kid as a RB except as maybe a change of pace back or to rest Woodhead from time to time but this kid could be a ST force. He's got tons of speed, agility, and a knack to burst through the smallest cracks during returns. He could make a major impact in the return game and has 3 blocks in FG coverage making him a dangerous threat of the edge in 35+yrd FG attempts. He would be someone I would target before all else in my sleepers and someone who could make an immediate impact with STs

Jeff Demps Florida: 5'8" 190lbs sub 4.3. This kid is trying out to be an Olympic sprinter and very well could make a run for a medal. It looks like that will be his primary focus but if he changes his mind he could make some waves as a UDFA. He has durability issues galore but who can resist a Olympic sprinter?

Joe Halahuni Ore State: 6'2" 250lbs high 4.7's. Joe is a FB that can catch the ball. He's had 30+ catches his last to seasons out of the backfield and has been a good lead blocker out of the backfield. Want a hard hitting FB that gives the versatility to catch out of the backfield Halahuni is your man

OT:

Daren Rose N Ala" 6'5" 300lbs. Talk about a case of talent slipping into UDFA status. He was the starting LT for Florida until he was tossed off the team for a cheating scandal (academic). Then went to N Ala where he injury his back and needed surgery dropping his weight 20lbs. He's hit it so hard he wasn't invited to either Senior Bowl or East-West. His talent could have brought him into the 2nd round range if not for his indiscretions at Florida and back injury. Might be a steal as a UDFA

OG:

Art Forst Rutgers 6'8" 310lbs. Forst has high upside and started the last 7 games for Rutgers and performed well. He's been moved all around the lined playing at every position but C. Scar might look at his flexibility and potential and see a tweener T/G if the plan is for Cannon to make the permanent move to RG

C:

T-Bob Hebert LSU 6'3" 300lbs. Just like Forst Hebert has been used all over the line. He's a sound blocker with good technique but needs to improve more. Takes to coaching very well and shows

Surprise RB/WR:

Jordan Jefferson LSU 6'5" 223lbs. Not going to be a QB at the next level but clearly a special player with the ball in his hands. Might make for a good conversion to a Hern type of H-back if he adds 10lbs.

CB:

Isaiah Frey Nev 6'0" 190lbs. Frey has been a 3 year starter and has been solid all around. In 10' collected 14 pass broken up and this year had 16. He his a good man cover CB but needs time to develop at the next level and needs work on wrapping up and tackling. He's the classic hit or miss player where he either makes the play or it goes for a big play. His ball skills though make him an intriguing prospect to see if his consistently can be improved

S:

Janzen Jackson McNeese State 6'0" 180lbs 4.40's. Was a starter at Tenn with some high upside but was kicked off the team for drug related issues. Has reportedly cleaned up his off-field drug issues but during this cleansing period his production has been hurt. If he could return to his form at Tenn he was a late day 2 early day 3 prospect. As a UDFA, if his drug issues have been cleared up he could be a steal as a UDFA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Hey Buddy, wasn't it you that chastised me for suggesting Jeffrey when I first came on this year? or maybe it was Pats, Low or Eng, can't remember now.  I know we were both talking him up before he decided not to declare last year.  He is basically another Hernandez but at the WR position, a little taller and leaner but a huge match up problem against small corners. You, know, I don't even remember writing the post you were responding too.  I think I was pretty buzzed and it was late at night.  Now that the season is over and I had a chance to drown my sorrows, I'm drying out until baseball starts.

Yeah, I don't think that was me, ha.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

PatsEng-  Nice list of late round/UDFA guys.  I love this part of the draft process, trying to find those hidden gems.  Of all the guys you mentioned, Chase Ford is the one that interests me the most.  He could be a valuable guy given time to develop.  However, due to the Jimmy Graham comparisons that you mentioned, I think he will be over-drafted by some team.  I could actually see him going 3rd or 4th round if his combine/pro day go well.  I think teams will reach for TEs this year in an effort to copy NEs and NOs success.  That is part of the reason why I'm not really on board the Fleener train.  I just feel like he is a late 2nd round guy who could go as high as late 1st.  If Ford fell to 5th or 6th round (and if we managed to obtain a pick in this area), he could be a great pick.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Well that convinces me. We have about the same cap sapce as the Bucs and just as many if not more holes to fill. It was a nice thought Faucet but I just can't see us fitting Wallace into the budget and fixing the other holes we need to fix
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    Then we make an offer that works.  Let the Steelers match and pay more, no harm, no foul.  I think you are wrong on our cap room.  I read that we are only at around $88MM for signed players.  The cap is pushing $130MM.  Welker will eat $9.4MM of it.  Our draft picks would cost about $7MM, that leaves about $25MM to sign other players.  I can see Wright and Ocho getting the axe freeing up some more room. 

I think we should go after Mario Williams first if we can make the numbers work.  He solves two needs, inside 43 and outside 34.  We then get a F/A DB and the draft should cover the rest.  If we don't use 31 on Foster or Wallace then I think Sanu should be the pick at 31.