***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

I like the pick. THe guy will contribute right away on ST's and has some upside as a SS. In the 6th why not? Well worth the risk at that point. Besides he's hard hitting, can be coached up, works his butt off, and earns the respect of his team mates. I like this kid

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I hope we now have enough depth to say goodbye to Sergio Brown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    I've been a member here for a while and haven't always agreed with the picks or lack there off (mathews, Reed, barwin ect) but this season I can't understand the criticism.  I understand there were some players we wanted but man BB got Jones, Hightower and Bequette!  All three guys are high character immediate impact players in a really week part of the roster.  We've screamed get us pass rushers and he gave us 2 top 20 prospects and an under rated Bequette who led the SEC in sacks last year.  So he drafted a S/CB combo who wasn't invited to the combine and all the experts didn't know much about him.  Well I don't think he didn't get drafted in the 2nd if he didn't show something and I understand the misses in the 2nd round. I'm higher on guys on the current roster and also know the O was improved and should put up more points per game than last season.  With that said if the Pats were in sub packages 70% of the time last season imagine what that number goes to this season. So in sub packages, you have pass rusher through out the DL.  Better LBs and can move DBs around.  Moore I really like and he kept getting better and better last season, Will Allen is a really good inside CB so is Arrington.  Dowling should be back 100% prior to his final season in college he didn't have any history of injuries. So what I'm saying is, hell I don't know but I'm excited as hell about the FAs and draft picks even the rugby kid who looks like will punish people in STs.  I think if you have DM at FS Chung SS Dowling LCB Arrington/Moore RCB, Allen/Gregory slot that's a pretty good secondary and a ton of pass rushers on the team. The O is going to put up a ton of points, the D will be able to T off on the QB.  I will even say you will see an increase of INTs because QBs will be throwing off balance and before they want to.
    Posted by Pats7393

Dude. You are missing the joke.

This guy will NEVER see the field in a regular season game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Dude. You are missing the joke. This guy will NEVER see the field in a regular season game.
    Posted by sml1210

You're not a guy prone to positive thoughts are you? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Dude. You are missing the joke. This guy will NEVER see the field in a regular season game.
    Posted by sml1210

Not missing it, should had said it was a comment based on a few threads on the board and I guess didn't find the sarcasms funny.  I disagree, he will be a good special teams guy will see plenty in kickoffs and punt return teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Kheeston Randall was still available!  Would had liked him with the next pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

To those ridiculing the 197th pick I give you the 199th pick of the 2000 NFL draft:

Trust the Hoodie. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Not missing it, should had said it was a comment based on a few threads on the board and I guess didn't find the sarcasms funny.  I disagree, he will be a good special teams guy will see plenty in kickoffs and punt return teams.
    Posted by Pats7393

Agreed.  Special teams are underrated (at least while we still have kickoffs).  He could be the next Larry Izzo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Is Dominique Hamilton still available?  anyone know?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Is Dominique Hamilton still available?  anyone know?
    Posted by Pats7393

yes he is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If BB is drafting now for ST needs, Buddy Jackson 6'1" 187 lb CB with low 4.3 40 speed.  Great kick returner at Pitt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

We could have moved up 3 spots and got McNutt.
    Posted by Faucetman

just came tothe computer.
    just read your post faucet.
    thanks for the final dagger in my heart with that above.
    seems bb is saying, forget improving our high end potential.
    im gonna see if i can improve my special teams and practice squad.
    to me after round 1, i just felt it was a waste of talent available that we could have put on our team (including the last - mcnutt).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

alfonzo dennard plz 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The pick could be Deonte Thompson CB Florida another returner with sub 4.3 speed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Found something on him, hasn't played much football but outstanding rugby player. He's a very good special teams player.
    Posted by Pats7393

hes for the lacrosse team bb is strarting to create for when he retires.

hes losing it.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Why don't the Pats use one of their three 7th rounders to draft the WWE's Kofi Kingston to play safety? He's extremely athletic, quick on his feet, seems to have loose hips, a good vertical jump and back-peddle, long arms, and doesn't shy away from contact.

Yeah, I know...he didn't work out at The Combine. But, what does that matter??

LOL!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

alfonzo dennard plz 
    Posted by Outkast1978

Wow!  called him and got him, what freaking value!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Why don't the Pats draft use one of their three 7th rounders to draft the WWE's Kofi Kingston to play safety? He's extremely athletic, quick on his feet, seems to have loose hips, a good vertical jump and back-peddle, long arms, and doesn't shy away from contact.      Yeah, I know...he didn't work out at The Combine. But, what does that matter??      LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat

:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

OMG they did it 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Value...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Wow!  called him and got him, what freaking value!
    Posted by Pats7393

OMG dude I'm freaking happy my girl might get lucky again today lol 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

an actual player........ that nobody wanted apparently .if this kid turns into a brady, i will smile again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I saw Dennard as high as the 4th rated CB this year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Hope they go with Chris Polk next. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I saw Dennard as high as the 4th rated CB this year. 
    Posted by mrbungle

that was before scouts were seeing he couldnt cover well in after season pre draft performances

Sections
Shortcuts