***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    Hope they go with Chris Polk next. 
    Posted by mrbungle

Why not take the two risks in the 7th, makes sense

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : OMG dude I'm freaking happy my girl might get lucky again today lol 
    Posted by Outkast1978

LMAO!!! funniest post I've ever read here, has to be! Can't stop laughing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Hope they go with Chris Polk next. 
    Posted by mrbungle

do we actually still have picks?
    how many times did we trade down with that last pick?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

what a Freaking draft this team just had 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Why not take the two risks in the 7th, makes sense
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

EVERY pick is a risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Dennard dropped because of the arrest right before the draft. If he can stay clean he's a steal otherwise he's off the team great value. So they were so confident in Wilson they drafted 2 more S's?

BTW anyone else notice:

2 OLB/DE tweeners
    1 LB

2 S's
    1 CB/FS

tripling down interesting. But still need an additional interior pass rusher (DE/DT)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

again, do we still have a pick? what is it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Wow!  called him and got him, what freaking value!
    Posted by Pats7393

Dennard was listed by most publications as a second or third round pick. That is, until he was arrested for getting into a bar fight, then assaulting a peace officer, and for resisting arrest, as it took several officers to subdue him: http://www.omaha.com/article/20120421/NEWS97/120429977

Still, at this point in the draft, we'll take him. Besides, if he's tough enough that it requires several officers to subdue him, I like him in our secondary! LOL!!!    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : LMAO!!! funniest post I've ever read here, has to be! Can't stop laughing.
    Posted by Pats7393

I don't know I seen some good ones last night.... I saw one having the patrots drafting osama bin laden lol 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

again, do we still have a pick? what is it?
    Posted by bredbru

One more #235 i believe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Bill Belichick spoke at Nebraska football clinic in March, he personally worked out Alfonzo Dennard on that trip.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Dennard dropped because of the arrest right before the draft. If he can stay clean he's a steal otherwise he's off the team great value. So they were so confident in Wilson they drafted 2 more S's? BTW anyone else notice: 2 OLB/DE tweeners 1 LB 2 S's 1 CB/FS tripling down interesting. But still need an additional interior pass rusher (DE/DT)
    Posted by PatsEng

"tripling down interesting. But still need an additional interior pass rusher (DE/DT)"

couldve done that instead of drafting dbs who wont make the team starting  in rd 2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : EVERY pick is a risk.
    Posted by mrbungle

Ha true but I was speaking of the more obvious ones

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! :      Dennard was listed by most publications as a second or third round pick. That is, until he was arrested for getting into a bar fight, then assaulting a peace officer, and for resisting arrest, as it took several officers to subdue him: http://www.omaha.com/article/20120421/NEWS97/120429977      Still, at this point in the draft, we'll take him. Besides, if he's tough enough that it requires several officers to subdue him, I like him in our secondary! LOL!!!    
    Posted by TexasPat

i was jsut thinking similarly, i like the fight in him. if ture. police reports are  teh most consistently untrue things

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : "tripling down interesting. But still need an additional interior pass rusher (DE/DT)" couldve done that instead of drafting dbs who wont make the team starting  in rd 2
    Posted by bredbru

Amen, brother. Had the Pats selected either Worthy or Thompson, maybe it wouldn't be necessary to keep 30 year old Vince Wilfolk on the field for practically every defensive snap.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Pick 235
    Posted by APpats21

thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : EVERY pick is a risk.
    Posted by mrbungle

yes but risk usually is because of health concerns or getting suspended such from Dennard getting arrested 2 weeks away from the draft or Cannon because of cancer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : i was jsut thinking similarly, i like the fight in him. if ture. police reports are  teh most consistently untrue things
    Posted by bredbru

Reports are it took 4 police officers to control him so hes got a bit of a mean streak. Lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

wahtr is 235 in rd 7? which pikc in rd 7?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Dennard makes up for Wilson.  A month ago if I saw our draft and you switch those two picks, Dennard at 48 and Wilson in the 7th, and the rest the same, I'd be doing cartwheels.  BB just got an A+.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Were it not for the Wilson pick at #48, this would have been a fabulous draft for the good guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! :      Amen, brother. Had the Pats selected either Worthy or Thompson, maybe it wouldn't be necessary to keep 30 year old Vince Wilfolk on the field for practically every defensive snap.  
    Posted by TexasPat

exactly! but bb is the genius.
    either hes losing it or he has somsething else up his sleave.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

There goes my Bryce Brown UDFA hope...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

How about T.J. Graham to finish, WR/KR/PR

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

so wilson over jenkins, who can shut elite wrs down
    but dennard who can get in worse trouble but who scouts say cant cover well
    (huh?)

Sections
Shortcuts