***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

Ahh TB trades to #31, my guess is for Martin, the trade I thought would happen. Lets see what we missed in terms of the trade lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Well at S I really like Ron Brooks CB LSU to convert to S.  Hayward is another CB who projects as a possible S.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah I'd rather have Hightower then moving back 6 spots and moving up in the 4th, good move for BB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

agreed

Never thought smith was a 1st rounder. Pats need safety help but don't think you reach and always felt Smith was a 2nd round talent. Solid but not 1st rounder imo. Said way back on here I felt there was a very large gap between Barron and Smith.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    Never thought smith was a 1st rounder. Pats need safety help but don't think you reach and always felt Smith was a 2nd round talent. Solid but not 1st rounder imo. Said way back on here I felt there was a very large gap between Barron and Smith.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I agree. I also didn't think he was a ballhawking FS we've been looking for.

Next year's S crop is so much deeper and talented then this year. Actually Smith might be the 4th or 5th best S if he was in next years draft

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm just hoping Jenkins goes early tomorrow so we don't have to hear about the Pats taking him for half the day lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

He got two really high upside LBs, one in Hightower that can play a multiple of roles and a DE/OLB who is according to Mayock only going to get better and bigger and all this while still holding on to his two #2s.

I don't think he uses those 2 and trades back for more picks.

There are some DTs, CBs/S and OL that will be available in the 3rd and 4th.  Wolfe, Hicks (big no but he'll be availalbe), Randall (who I think he will draft) bit run stuffing DT/DE. Winn, Bequette

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : ...Next year's S crop is so much deeper and talented then this year. Actually Smith might be the 4th or 5th best S if he was in next years draft
    Posted by PatsEng

oh yeah...

mcdonald, reid and lester will probably be safeties 1, 2 and 3

then you have two guys who are 6-4 who might actually have game

smith might not crack the top 5 in that group

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Well I said how much I liked David Wilson and how I thought Upshaw was a bit over rated.

Wilson just ended the 1st round and Upshaw is still waiting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : you listed mayo twce in 43 i like diff receivers
    Posted by bredbru

Meant to say Spikes as your MLB and Mayo/Hightower on the outside.  Thanks for the catch!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

I have been screaming UP UP UP for months so I have to be happy, but to be truthful I was hoping higher and someone like Kuelchy. But as one commentator said Jones missed four games and if he had played the whole year he might have been a top ten pick. So got to be happy.
    Anyone think Konz or Reyes could fall all the way to 48???
    I want to keep both picks, and maybe get a 2nd for Hoyer, and use em all for D.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Assuming Pats stay put in 2nd... which 15 players go before Pats pick?

Coby Fleener
    Courtney Upshaw
    Cordy Glenn
    Peter Konz

who else you got?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The thing about Smith is he's a QB for the secondary. He's solid in all aspects but I don't think he's an elite S. More like a Chung type of solid starter that might get a pro-bowl once in his career.

For FS I want a CB convert to have 3 CB's on the field at all times or wait until next year where there will be much more talented S's then Smith in the 1st and into the 2nd. Why over spend?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Assuming Pats stay put in 2nd... which 15 players go before Pats pick? Coby Fleener Courtney Upshaw Cordy Glenn Peter Konz who else you got?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Hill
    Branch
    Adams
    Jeffery?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Did anyone what BB said about Hightower? Said sees him playing inside on 1 and 2 downs, moving outside on 3 rd down. If that is the case, is he taking Spikes starting spot? I saw this posted on espn Boston site

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Assuming Pats stay put in 2nd... which 15 players go before Pats pick? Coby Fleener Courtney Upshaw Cordy Glenn Peter Konz who else you got?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

i'm hoping ind, jax and/or kcc will go after their backup QBs

then you have...
    curry
    worthy
    reyes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Assuming Pats stay put in 2nd... which 15 players go before Pats pick? 

Coby Fleener 
    Courtney Upshaw 
    Cordy Glenn 
    Peter Konz 
    Stephen Hill
    Mike Adams
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Jerel Worthy
    Rueben Randall
    Jonathan Martin
    Kendall Reyes
    Andre Branch
    Vinny Curry
    Devon Still

who else you got?

Posted by Low-FB-IQ

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Posted by Low-FB-IQ

48 Lavontee David   OLB college..   FS Pats
        Josh Robinson CB  Central Fla

62  Zebrie Sanders OT Fla St

No way Jannorris Jenkins

3rd Round LeMichael James  Oregon RB

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Did anyone what BB said about Hightower? Said sees him playing inside on 1 and 2 downs, moving outside on 3 rd down. If that is the case, is he taking Spikes starting spot? I saw this posted on espn Boston site
    Posted by PatsLifer

nice. i like this

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! :
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

jenkins?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

a few players from one top 100 list that happen to fall right around the two patriots draft slots in round two are...

Pick 48
    Alshon Jeffery
    Bobby Massie
    Trumaine Johnson
    Brandon Thompson
    Ronnell Lewis

Pick 62
    Casey Hayward
    Mitchell Schwartz
    LaMichael James
    Derek Wolfe
    Isaiah Pead
    Jammell Flemming
    Chris Givens

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

1.  So turns out NE being high on Chandler wasn't a smoke screen afterall, ha.  Curious as to how BB will use him 43 DE and/or 34 OLB?  He looks like a pure 43 kid to me based on his movement skills in space.

2.  BOOM!  Hightower, fVcken love the pick, been on this kid for a while, perfect Patriot based on his size/versatility/pedigree, etc.

3.  I'm sill looking at Kendall Reyes/Josh Robinson/Silatolu/Jeffery at 48 and Ronnell Lews/Ta'amu/Jenkins/Wolfe, etc. at 62.

4.  Wow, Irvin at 15, talk about putting a premium on pass rush ability!  Kid can get after it off the edge and based on what they were reporting earlier in the day today, when they were asking personnel men what pass rusher they'd want for just one play, the majority gave Irvin's name... kid's electric off the edge but wow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : jenkins?
    Posted by seattlepat70

Yeah as likely as any of the others

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Posted by PatsLifer

Just been chilling, reading the posts and thinking.  Obviously bummed we lost out on Smith and worried about Jones' durability but I like Jones far more than the bum the Jets got. 

I love the Hightower pick.  Was talking this kid up early last year before he decided to stay in school.  This is a pass first league and we will play in sub packages 60% of the time.  These two picks exemplify that fact and are geared towards getting off the field on third down.  Jones I see as a 4-2-5 DE.  I see Mayo and Hightower in at LB with 5 DBs.  A front four right now of Fanine, Wilfork, Love and Jones. 

But, we are missing the secondary help.  Sorry to say to all the haters but the best value and chance to fix things back there is the Patrimony Stoner.  I say we gamble at 62 with him which is higher than anyone else would do.  We move DM to FS.  On third down we go with Jenkins, Dowling, DM, Chung and whoever is better between Allen, Arrington and Moore. 

At pick 48, we can have some fun with LaMichael James or perhaps Jeffrey just to put a rookie on offense.  Guys, we are one solid DB short of a SB.  It may not be the druggie, maybe it's Josh Robinson, maybe the kid from Montana.  IDK yet, but I feel like we will make one selection there tomorrow. 

BB is loaded for bear.  He sees the clock ticking for Brady like the rest of us.  The future is now.  Let's go change the name on BB's boat to VI Rings next year.

Sections
Shortcuts