***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : you listed mayo twce in 43 i like diff receivers
    Posted by bredbru

Meant to say Spikes as your MLB and Mayo/Hightower on the outside.  Thanks for the catch!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

I have been screaming UP UP UP for months so I have to be happy, but to be truthful I was hoping higher and someone like Kuelchy. But as one commentator said Jones missed four games and if he had played the whole year he might have been a top ten pick. So got to be happy.
    Anyone think Konz or Reyes could fall all the way to 48???
    I want to keep both picks, and maybe get a 2nd for Hoyer, and use em all for D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Assuming Pats stay put in 2nd... which 15 players go before Pats pick?

Coby Fleener
    Courtney Upshaw
    Cordy Glenn
    Peter Konz

who else you got?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The thing about Smith is he's a QB for the secondary. He's solid in all aspects but I don't think he's an elite S. More like a Chung type of solid starter that might get a pro-bowl once in his career.

For FS I want a CB convert to have 3 CB's on the field at all times or wait until next year where there will be much more talented S's then Smith in the 1st and into the 2nd. Why over spend?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Assuming Pats stay put in 2nd... which 15 players go before Pats pick? Coby Fleener Courtney Upshaw Cordy Glenn Peter Konz who else you got?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Hill
    Branch
    Adams
    Jeffery?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Did anyone what BB said about Hightower? Said sees him playing inside on 1 and 2 downs, moving outside on 3 rd down. If that is the case, is he taking Spikes starting spot? I saw this posted on espn Boston site

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Assuming Pats stay put in 2nd... which 15 players go before Pats pick? Coby Fleener Courtney Upshaw Cordy Glenn Peter Konz who else you got?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

i'm hoping ind, jax and/or kcc will go after their backup QBs

then you have...
    curry
    worthy
    reyes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Assuming Pats stay put in 2nd... which 15 players go before Pats pick? 

Coby Fleener 
    Courtney Upshaw 
    Cordy Glenn 
    Peter Konz 
    Stephen Hill
    Mike Adams
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Jerel Worthy
    Rueben Randall
    Jonathan Martin
    Kendall Reyes
    Andre Branch
    Vinny Curry
    Devon Still

who else you got?

Posted by Low-FB-IQ

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Posted by Low-FB-IQ

48 Lavontee David   OLB college..   FS Pats
        Josh Robinson CB  Central Fla

62  Zebrie Sanders OT Fla St

No way Jannorris Jenkins

3rd Round LeMichael James  Oregon RB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Did anyone what BB said about Hightower? Said sees him playing inside on 1 and 2 downs, moving outside on 3 rd down. If that is the case, is he taking Spikes starting spot? I saw this posted on espn Boston site
    Posted by PatsLifer

nice. i like this

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! :
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

jenkins?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

a few players from one top 100 list that happen to fall right around the two patriots draft slots in round two are...

Pick 48
    Alshon Jeffery
    Bobby Massie
    Trumaine Johnson
    Brandon Thompson
    Ronnell Lewis

Pick 62
    Casey Hayward
    Mitchell Schwartz
    LaMichael James
    Derek Wolfe
    Isaiah Pead
    Jammell Flemming
    Chris Givens

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

1.  So turns out NE being high on Chandler wasn't a smoke screen afterall, ha.  Curious as to how BB will use him 43 DE and/or 34 OLB?  He looks like a pure 43 kid to me based on his movement skills in space.

2.  BOOM!  Hightower, fVcken love the pick, been on this kid for a while, perfect Patriot based on his size/versatility/pedigree, etc.

3.  I'm sill looking at Kendall Reyes/Josh Robinson/Silatolu/Jeffery at 48 and Ronnell Lews/Ta'amu/Jenkins/Wolfe, etc. at 62.

4.  Wow, Irvin at 15, talk about putting a premium on pass rush ability!  Kid can get after it off the edge and based on what they were reporting earlier in the day today, when they were asking personnel men what pass rusher they'd want for just one play, the majority gave Irvin's name... kid's electric off the edge but wow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : jenkins?
    Posted by seattlepat70

Yeah as likely as any of the others

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Posted by PatsLifer

Just been chilling, reading the posts and thinking.  Obviously bummed we lost out on Smith and worried about Jones' durability but I like Jones far more than the bum the Jets got. 

I love the Hightower pick.  Was talking this kid up early last year before he decided to stay in school.  This is a pass first league and we will play in sub packages 60% of the time.  These two picks exemplify that fact and are geared towards getting off the field on third down.  Jones I see as a 4-2-5 DE.  I see Mayo and Hightower in at LB with 5 DBs.  A front four right now of Fanine, Wilfork, Love and Jones. 

But, we are missing the secondary help.  Sorry to say to all the haters but the best value and chance to fix things back there is the Patrimony Stoner.  I say we gamble at 62 with him which is higher than anyone else would do.  We move DM to FS.  On third down we go with Jenkins, Dowling, DM, Chung and whoever is better between Allen, Arrington and Moore. 

At pick 48, we can have some fun with LaMichael James or perhaps Jeffrey just to put a rookie on offense.  Guys, we are one solid DB short of a SB.  It may not be the druggie, maybe it's Josh Robinson, maybe the kid from Montana.  IDK yet, but I feel like we will make one selection there tomorrow. 

BB is loaded for bear.  He sees the clock ticking for Brady like the rest of us.  The future is now.  Let's go change the name on BB's boat to VI Rings next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

a few players from one top 100 list that happen to fall right around the two patriots draft slots in round two are... Pick 48 Alshon Jeffery Bobby Massie Trumaine Johnson Brandon Thompson Pick 62 Casey Hayward LaMichael James Derek Wolfe Isaiah Pead Jammell Flemming Chris Givens
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

i like A LOT OF those guys!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

1.  So turns out NE being high on Chandler wasn't a smoke screen afterall, ha.  Curious as to how BB will use him 43 DE and/or 34 OLB?  He looks like a pure 43 kid to me based on his movement skills in space. 2.  BOOM!  Hightower, fVcken love the pick, been on this kid for a while, perfect Patriot based on his size/versatility/pedigree, etc. 3.  I'm sill looking at Kendall Reyes/Josh Robinson/Silatolu/Jeffery at 48 and Ronnell Lews/Ta'amu/Jenkins/Wolfe, etc. at 62. 4.  Wow, Irvin at 15, talk about putting a premium on pass rush ability!  Kid can get after it off the edge and based on what they were reporting earlier in the day today, when they were asking personnel men what pass rusher they'd want for just one play, the majority gave Irvin's name... kid's electric off the edge but wow.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

dude whwere were you? i was high fiving you and telling everyone this was one of the guys i was on at the start and one of mb's favorite guys.

i aslo love your 48 and 62 players list
    id like to get jeffery and jenkins and trade a pick from 2013 or a player and get another d or o lineman.
    if we go into the seaosn with 2 shut down corners and a good 3rd in moore.
    and front 7 improvement we should be excellent.

udfa slot wr and rb

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

1.  So turns out NE being high on Chandler wasn't a smoke screen afterall, ha.  Curious as to how BB will use him 43 DE and/or 34 OLB?  He looks like a pure 43 kid to me based on his movement skills in space. 2.  BOOM!  Hightower, fVcken love the pick, been on this kid for a while, perfect Patriot based on his size/versatility/pedigree, etc. 3.  I'm sill looking at Kendall Reyes/Josh Robinson/Silatolu/Jeffery at 48 and Ronnell Lews/Ta'amu/Jenkins/Wolfe, etc. at 62. 4.  Wow, Irvin at 15, talk about putting a premium on pass rush ability!  Kid can get after it off the edge and based on what they were reporting earlier in the day today, when they were asking personnel men what pass rusher they'd want for just one play, the majority gave Irvin's name... kid's electric off the edge but wow.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Virtual High 5 on Hightower my friend.  You and I were talking him up well over a year ago saying he'd be a top 10 pick if he came out last year and we got him a year later at 25.  I really thought the Steelers would take him.  But man, does he fit everything we do and need. 

Did you see the emotion on the kid's face when he learned he was going to the Pats.  Not as good as Gronk, but pretty special.  I'm sure Saban told him if he gets the chance to play for the Pats he couldn't go to a better situation.  Imagine, defending AFC Champs getting the second best LB in the draft who can play inside or out and rush the passer?  That pick alone makes Day 1.   Whatever Jones does is gravy.  We are already vastly improved.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : dude whwere were you? i was high fiving you and telling everyone this was one of the guys i was on at the start and one of mb's favorite guys. i aslo love your 48 and 62 players list id like to get jeffery and jenkins and trade a pick from 2013 or a player and get another d or o lineman. if we go into the seaosn with 2 shut down corners and a good 3rd in moore. and front 7 improvement we should be excellent. udfa slot wr and rb
    Posted by bredbru

high five, man... can't wait for tomorrow!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Just been chilling, reading the posts and thinking.  Obviously bummed we lost out on Smith and worried about Jones' durability but I like Jones far more than the bum the Jets got.  I love the Hightower pick.  Was talking this kid up early last year before he decided to stay in school.  This is a pass first league and we will play in sub packages 60% of the time.  These two picks exemplify that fact and are geared towards getting off the field on third down.  Jones I see as a 4-2-5 DE.  I see Mayo and Hightower in at LB with 5 DBs.  A front four right now of Fanine, Wilfork, Love and Jones.  But, we are missing the secondary help.  Sorry to say to all the haters but the best value and chance to fix things back there is the Patrimony Stoner.  I say we gamble at 62 with him which is higher than anyone else would do.  We move DM to FS.  On third down we go with Jenkins, Dowling, DM, Chung and whoever is better between Allen, Arrington and Moore.  At pick 48, we can have some fun with LaMichael James or perhaps Jeffrey just to put a rookie on offense.  Guys, we are one solid DB short of a SB.  It may not be the druggie, maybe it's Josh Robinson, maybe the kid from Montana.  IDK yet, but I feel like we will make one selection there tomorrow.  BB is loaded for bear.  He sees the clock ticking for Brady like the rest of us.  The future is now.  Let's go change the name on BB's boat to VI Rings next year.
    Posted by Faucetman

wish he saw the clock ticking last year.
    but read my post.
    your are at my thinking at the moment.
    improve teh cbs as much as you can.
    get jeffery! uncoverable. too big too good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : high five, man... can't wait for tomorrow!
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

back at ya.
    love your 48 and 62 picks you just put up

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaflentje. Show jaflentje's posts

Hightower has one heck of a motor! Never thought we would get him and am really stoked! I say definite S or CB and OL and with the two seconds and get ready for SB!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Virtual High 5 on Hightower my friend.  You and I were talking him up well over a year ago saying he'd be a top 10 pick if he came out last year and we got him a year later at 25.  I really thought the Steelers would take him.  But man, does he fit everything we do and need.  Did you see the emotion on the kid's face when he learned he was going to the Pats.  Not as good as Gronk, but pretty special.  I'm sure Saban told him if he gets the chance to play for the Pats he couldn't go to a better situation.  Imagine, defending AFC Champs getting the second best LB in the draft who can play inside or out and rush the passer?  That pick alone makes Day 1.   Whatever Jones does is gravy.  We are already vastly improved.
    Posted by Faucetman

VH5, brothah!  Awesome to be High(tower) on a kid and have it verified by BB and staff!  Jones is no doubt a talented kid and his height/length screams BB type... curious to see how they use him... I'm guessing 43 DE, situational 34 OLB.  Also, I'd love to see players talk smack to Jones... he'd respond with "listen, I'm 6-6 260, do you wanna rattle or do you want me to call my brother Jon to f()ck you up? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

We should all be totally stoked with our first round!  I know that some of you weren't as high on Jones, but the guy will fit perfectly in NE.  Remember, he played most of the year on a sprained knee.  I love that we got him.  As for the Hightower pick, I think we're all on the same page.  Can't believe we got this huge, versitile LB.  Hats off to BB!  Also, we only gave up the 93rd and 126th picks to get these guys! 

Sections
Shortcuts