***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

we really need a mangold type of Center so i want BB to take brewster in the 
    2nd round! The man is 6'5" and should be able to compete with the ever larger NT of the 3-4.  Koppen struggles with larger NT which is why teams such as the ravens give us so many problems.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]nate,  so you like them both to become legitimate. that of course would be ideal. seems to me ocho  lost his brain and may not find it. if he doesnt he will be an embarrassment to himself.  i dont assume either one of them will workout till i see it/the potential on the filed. price flashed in preseason. id be playing him not ocho for the most part. he couldnt not perform in a worse fashion than ocho.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Ocho was not meant to be a 1st WR in our offense, thats welker/gronk/hernandez, he was meant to have a few big catches in each game to keep the D honest and not just stack the box.  Teams do see him as a threat now, we just need more time with him, his catching skills are improving and by week 14 he should be a good player. sadly price is not getting the playing time and i fear that it might hurt his development.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]we really need a mangold type of Center so i want BB to take brewster in the  2nd round! The man is 6'5" and should be able to compete with the ever larger NT of the 3-4.  Koppen struggles with larger NT which is why teams such as the ravens give us so many problems.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

The biggest issue with a 6'5" C is look at the size around him at G and T. Brady is only so tall and if you have an OL who are all taller then Brady you're essentially removing throwing lanes and creating blind spots for LB's to hide in. You're better off with a shorter more stout C in the middle because it opens up Brady's vision and lets him see the field

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : The reason I didn't go LB is a couple of reasons. First being that the rush starts from the line and ripples out from there. Without a great front 3/4 LB's won't be effective. With Carter, Ellis, Anderson, Haynesworth still unknown for up and coming years that leaves Cunningham, Love, Wilfork, Deadrick, and Brace for right now. Wilfork is the only starter I see and even though Love looks decent against the run I don't think he can collapse the pocket from within the G's. Brace and Deadrick I don't see as anything more the backups at this point but that could change. Second is BB himself. He just doesn't draft OLB's. Last one he drafted was Cunningham and he has taken a Butler esc turn in his second season. I don't see BB going OLB again this draft because I don't think he trusts himself to draft one. Third with current personal you have Spikes as your starting ILB, Fletcher as backup ILB, Guyton as a OLB/ILB, Mayo as a OLB/ILB. With Spikes and Mayo starting that leaves 1 spot open to fill. You have Tarp as a young guy with promise and Nin. I just see BB looking at that and deciding he needs rush from the line and his LB core looks pretty good. I see heavy DL and DB's this year with another WR tossed in and maybe a C in the mid rounds or as a UDFA but mainly heavy D on this one
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

thanks eng,
    your takes are my takes on everything above but on the lbs.

re:" I just see BB looking at that and deciding he needs rush from the line and his LB core looks pretty good."

mayo is pretty good. spikes a little this way and a little that. nink and fletch good backups. i dont like having guyton on the team period. i want at least one upgrade. i appreciate the refreshingly honest,  "bb doesnt trust himself to take an olb". for me that is not an excuse not to get a free agent or hire personnel for the drafting team who can pick one (which i have been saying for a while now anyway- we need to change our evaluators and decision-makers and bring in people who are better at evaluating positions we do poorly evaluating [and ideally a gm with equal weight in draft decisionmaking to bb]).

so whether bb will pick one vs the need are 2 different things. i like to discuss the actual need. most here seem to combine the 2 (need and what bb may do). some explicitly say they are just guessing what bb will do, though few do that consistently for the whole draft.

for me the fun is assessing need and finding fit. not where we may go because we are not able to do what we should set out to do.

thanks again for the psot

peace

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree brd that OLB is a position of need but one I think can be compensated for currently.

I would put another DT and a rushing DE ahead of the OLB currently because I truly believe pressure starts in the trenches and if you have the right guys up front it ripples out from there. So I leans towards the DL first and fore most.

After the DL I look at this secondary and realize it's a paper tiger at times. I have faith DMC will return to form and if Ras can stay on the field he looks like a solid option. Arrington is a good nickel and dime CB but not a starting caliber CB. Bodden is agin right in front of our eyes and might be best in the Sanders role. Ideally a coverage FS would help the secondary immensely and give an opportunity for the OLB's to get coverage sacks if the interior rush collapses the pocket from inside the G's preventing the QB from stepping up. I'm not sure I'd go CB again but Jenkins is a top 15 talent where if he were to fall to the very end of the 2nd he's to good to turn down.

So just looking at that if (and mind you that's a huge if) you spend all 4 picks in the first couple rounds for me you go DT, pass rushing DE, FS, and Jenkins (if available). For me that would help the D more then improving OLB from Nin.

Going into the 3rd would be where you'd look at a OLB in my scenario but that's dependent on how you feel about the WR's (both in the draft and on the team). If you are comfortable with Price, Ocho, and Branch producing next year with Welker coming back then go OLB but as of right now I'm not convinced Ocho or Price can be productive until I see it on the field (though I think Price has the ability) and looking at Branch it looks like he's losing looks from Brady (maybe not getting the same separation he use to). So given the amount of talent in the draft I went WR. But, I'll look through some LB's and give you some options on guys for OLB's in the 2nd/3rd area

With the 4th Connolly is a good replacement but I don't want Connolly protecting Brady in his twilight. Given no other picks past the 4th currently I put C a higher priority then OLB.

Give me some time and I'll do some research on some OLB's. In 10' and 09' I was about 60% calling OLB's in the first couple rounds that have become starters. This past year though not looking so good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Howdy Boys, haven't been on for a couple of weeks and am playing catch up.

I wanted to touch on the TE topic a bit.  The Gronk/Hern combo is all world at this point, but I could see them targeting this position again, assuming they can come away with another dual threat type mismatch nightmare.  Also, with Hernandez serving more of a slot/split wide role, another player with inline potential would be a value add.  Based on what I've seen so far this season, there are (3) kids that have impressed me:

Tyler Eifert- 6-6 249- ND (Junior)
    Coby Fleener- 6-6 244- Stanford (Senior)
    Levine Toilolo- 6-8 263- Stanford (Junior)

Eifert is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in this draft as he's adept at creating seperation in man as well as locating the soft spot in zone coverage, working the middle of the field and has become a real go to player for ND's offense.  He's an athletic kid with great size and length, is versatile with experience inline as well as the slot and possesses good RAC ability.  He has the potential to develop into -IMO- a player that's on par or better than Kyle Rudolph who was taken #43 overall by the Vikings in 2011.

As for the Stanford kids, I see some similarities between Standford and our Patriots in that both teams really rely on their TE's to create mismatches, both vertically and in the short to intermediate passing games.  Fleener is a highly ranked TE (probably the highest ranked senior at the position) and has made a ton of big plays this season for the Cardinal (7 TD's) while Toilolo is a sleeper that I liken to Jimmy Graham in that he's a relative unknown.  Keep in mind that this kid is an athletic 6-8 which at the very least makes him an awesome weapon in the redzone.

Keep an eye on these three as the season progresses.

Also, as most of you know, I'm a huge ND fan and it just so happens that they have quality prospects that will be talked about frequently as we get closer to draft day.  Obviously Manti Te'o and Michael Floyd are known commodities but a lesser known kid is S Harrison Smith.  For those of you that are looking for a S with size, this kid has it (6-2 and a rock solid 215, which I would guess is closer to 220+), he's also an aggressive kid thats excellent in run support, is always around the football and will attack the LOS.  He's also a leader and captain on the team and has a ton of experience (40+ career starts), is a tackling machine (260+ and counting) and appears to have atleast adequate ball skills (18 pass break ups, 7 INTs).  I wouldn't say he's an ultra-athletic kid, but he's blue collar and will bring it on every down and IMO projects as a starting S at the NFL level.
    He's likely to be available in the middle rounds (3-5).

As is CB Robert Blanton, he's another good sized kid (6-0 200) that has really come on this season and made a ton of big plays.  He isn't a burner (likely 4.5 range), but is a physical kid and willing run defender.

As for later round kids, OLB Darius Fleming is a kid to keep an eye on, he's a solid 6-2 265, with a ton of experience (Butkus Watch List) that's shown the ability to make plays behind the LOS (30 career TFL and counting to go along with 13.5 sacks).

Lastly, 6-4 300 DT Ethan Johnson (Hendricks Watch List) is another experienced kid that may generate some interest in the later rounds, he's a scheme diverse kid that's starting both 43 and 34 schemes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

does anybody have any opinion on dontari poe of memphis? 6'5" 250 lbs. i have not seen him play and i don't think memphis will be on national tv this season (i will not see them play). photos show that he is not a fatso 250 lber. same stats as ta'amu. different caliber of teams in their conferences of course, but perhaps coachable. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

sorry, poe is 350 lbs not 250.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]Howdy Boys, haven't been on for a couple of weeks and am playing catch up. I wanted to touch on the TE topic a bit.  The Gronk/Hern combo is all world at this point, but I could see them targeting this position again, assuming they can come away with another dual threat type mismatch nightmare.  Also, with Hernandez serving more of a slot/split wide role, another player with inline potential would be a value add.  Based on what I've seen so far this season, there are (3) kids that have impressed me: Tyler Eifert- 6-6 249- ND (Junior) Coby Fleener- 6-6 244- Stanford (Senior) Levine Toilolo- 6-8 263- Stanford (Junior) Eifert is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in this draft as he's adept at creating seperation in man as well as locating the soft spot in zone coverage, working the middle of the field and has become a real go to player for ND's offense.  He's an athletic kid with great size and length, is versatile with experience inline as well as the slot and possesses good RAC ability.  He has the potential to develop into -IMO- a player that's on par or better than Kyle Rudolph who was taken #43 overall by the Vikings in 2011. As for the Stanford kids, I see some similarities between Standford and our Patriots in that both teams really rely on their TE's to create mismatches, both vertically and in the short to intermediate passing games.  Fleener is a highly ranked TE (probably the highest ranked senior at the position) and has made a ton of big plays this season for the Cardinal (7 TD's) while Toilolo is a sleeper that I liken to Jimmy Graham in that he's a relative unknown.  Keep in mind that this kid is an athletic 6-8 which at the very least makes him an awesome weapon in the redzone. Keep an eye on these three as the season progresses. Also, as most of you know, I'm a huge ND fan and it just so happens that they have quality prospects that will be talked about frequently as we get closer to draft day.  Obviously Manti Te'o and Michael Floyd are known commodities but a lesser known kid is S Harrison Smith .  For those of you that are looking for a S with size, this kid has it (6-2 and a rock solid 215, which I would guess is closer to 220+), he's also an aggressive kid thats excellent in run support, is always around the football and will attack the LOS.  He's also a leader and captain on the team and has a ton of experience (40+ career starts), is a tackling machine (260+ and counting) and appears to have atleast adequate ball skills (18 pass break ups, 7 INTs).  I wouldn't say he's an ultra-athletic kid, but he's blue collar and will bring it on every down and IMO projects as a starting S at the NFL level. He's likely to be available in the middle rounds (3-5). As is CB Robert Blanton , he's another good sized kid (6-0 200) that has really come on this season and made a ton of big plays.  He isn't a burner (likely 4.5 range), but is a physical kid and willing run defender. As for later round kids, OLB Darius Fleming is a kid to keep an eye on, he's a solid 6-2 265, with a ton of experience (Butkus Watch List) that's shown the ability to make plays behind the LOS (30 career TFL and counting to go along with 13.5 sacks). Lastly, 6-4 300 DT Ethan Johnson (Hendricks Watch List) is another experienced kid that may generate some interest in the later rounds, he's a scheme diverse kid that's starting both 43 and 34 schemes.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

does anyone know what round  Levine Toilolo is supposed to be chosen in?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : does anyone know what round  Levine Toilolo is supposed to be chosen in?
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

nate,
    Tough call as he only has 9 career catches (8-175-3 on the season), but is approaching Jimmy Graham's senior total of 17-213-5.  After looking further into his status, he might be a RS Sophmore and a candidate to return to school... if he declares, I could see a Graham type rise (Rd 3) as scouts and personnel types get a better look at him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Where do most think Upshaw might fall.

The one knock on upshaw is that he's to small to be a 43 DE but to slow to be a 34 OLB which could hurt him as a tweener player. But, for the Pats who flex in and out of the 34, 43 he seems like a good fit (similiar to how Cunningham seemed to fit)

Is it possible that Upshaw ends up in the mid-late 20's and the Pats get a shot at him? I think he could be the disruptive force they though Cunningham or Anderson would have been

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Hey Gents,

Been looking at how many Jrs could be 1st round selections if they declare which lead me to do a very early mock based on standings this week.  Went all D for NE, just don't think other than a WR NE will take any O players in the first two rounds with all the front 7 talent there appears to be. 

Yes I selected another CB early, for some reason probably my oversight Dre Patrick dropped to the Pats.  Instead of moving things around just took best player available which happened to be a CB who has #1 talent.

Pick #Team PositionPlayer
    1Miami*QBAndrew Luck
    2Indi*OTMatt Kalil
    3St Louis*WRJustin Blackmon
    4Arizona*OTJonathan Martin
    5Carolina*WRAlshon Jeffery
    6Jacksonville DEQuintion Coples
    7Minnesota WRMichael Floyd
    8Denver*QBMatt Barkley
    9Seattle*QBLandry Jones
    10Cleveland OLBZach Brown
    11Washington*OGDavid DeCastro
    12Dallas OGCordy Glenn
    13Philadelphia DTBrandon Thompson
    14NY Jets*OTRiley Reiff
    15Ten*ILBLuke Kuechley
    16Cleveland (Atl)*OTD.J. Fluker
    17Cinci (Oak)*CBMorris Claiborne
    18TB*CBJanoris Jenkins
    19San Diego OLB/DECourtney Upshaw
    20Baltimore*ILBDont'a Hightower
    21Chicago OTMike Adams
    22Cinci*OLB/ILBManti Te'o
    23Det*RBLamar Miller
    24NE*CBDre Patrick
    25KC NTAlameda Ta'amu
    26Houston CBChase Minnifield
    27NE (NO pick)*DEWhitney Mercilus
    28NYG OGKelechi Osemele
    29Buffalo OLB/ILBVontaze Burfict
    30SF DEJared Crick
    31Pittsburgh DEDevon Still
    32GB OLBCam Johnson
    * Jr
    2nd Rnd
     NE (Oak) OLB/DEBrandon Lindsey
     NE FST.J. McDonald

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Gents, Been looking at how many Jrs could be 1st round selections if they declare which lead me to do a very early mock based on standings this week.  Went all D for NE, just don't think other than a WR NE will take any O players in the first two rounds with all the front 7 talent there appears to be.  Yes I selected another CB early, for some reason probably my oversight Dre Patrick dropped to the Pats.  Instead of moving things around just took best player available which happened to be a CB who has #1 talent. Pick # Team   Position Player 1 Miami * QB Andrew Luck 2 Indi * OT Matt Kalil 3 St Louis * WR Justin Blackmon 4 Arizona * OT Jonathan Martin 5 Carolina * WR Alshon Jeffery 6 Jacksonville   DE Quintion Coples 7 Minnesota   WR Michael Floyd 8 Denver * QB Matt Barkley 9 Seattle * QB Landry Jones 10 Cleveland   OLB Zach Brown 11 Washington * OG David DeCastro 12 Dallas   OG Cordy Glenn 13 Philadelphia   DT Brandon Thompson 14 NY Jets * OT Riley Reiff 15 Ten * ILB Luke Kuechley 16 Cleveland (Atl) * OT D.J. Fluker 17 Cinci (Oak) * CB Morris Claiborne 18 TB * CB Janoris Jenkins 19 San Diego   OLB/DE Courtney Upshaw 20 Baltimore * ILB Dont'a Hightower 21 Chicago   OT Mike Adams 22 Cinci * OLB/ILB Manti Te'o 23 Det * RB Lamar Miller 24 NE * CB Dre Patrick 25 KC   NT Alameda Ta'amu 26 Houston   CB Chase Minnifield 27 NE (NO pick) * DE Whitney Mercilus 28 NYG   OG Kelechi Osemele 29 Buffalo   OLB/ILB Vontaze Burfict 30 SF   DE Jared Crick 31 Pittsburgh   DE Devon Still 32 GB   OLB Cam Johnson * Jr 2nd Rnd   NE (Oak)   OLB/DE Brandon Lindsey   NE   FS T.J. McDonald
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

The funniest part of this post was you had Buffalo in the AFC Championship game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Solve the safety issue in free agency with Dashon Golson, Michael Griffin or Charles Godfrey... all who will play very well alongside Chung.

Also sign Matt Roth who we should have signed this year and then we MUST revitalize Cunningham, who showed promise last year. The two of them are 3-4 DE/OLB's who should be impact players. If Cunningham is a lost cause already, then scrap the Roth idea and spend bucks on Anthony Spencer.

Draft a CB and pass-rusher in rd 1... the draft is INSANELY deep in them... I no longer trust our scouting/coaching staff to know how to pick these positions though. McCourty I believe will still be a solid starter, but we'd have to nail a DT/DE or DE/OLB pass-rusher to help Carter (who should stay) and get CB who can start opposite Devin for years.

Drafting Wheatley and Butler KILLED this team, as did Brace and Tate (and Crable. Those are all high picks. We should have had guys like Clay Matthews, Mike Wallace and Jamaal Charles intsead and just kept Asante.

Ras-I and Arrington are solid 3rd-4th CB's.... Ras-I just has to stay healthy... being a 50 snap per game starter won't help that, but I'd love if he was a 13-15 game a year, 30-40 snap a game 3rd CB who played like starter when he was out there.

2nd rd they should go with a Center. There are 4 stud centers in this draft who should all go in the 25-50 range. Make it happen somehow and get one of them.

Then I'd like to see more pass-rush, whatever position they don't get for the rush in rd 1 go with in rd 2. Maybe Crick falls. A WR with our other 2nd would be nice. I'd hope Taylor Price can emerge we can take broyles, his one-handed TD was amazing this weekend and he can easily replace Branch in this offense in 1-2 years.

Use our 3rd rd pick and 4th rd pick to trade back up into the 2nd. We don't have a 5th or 6th so maybe even a 2nd or 3rd in 2013. We need 5-6 IMPACT guys in this draft and 2-3 IMPACT guys in free ageny. Depth is one thing this orginization does have an abudance of. But defensive playmakers and top lvel talent it lacks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : The funniest part of this post was you had Buffalo in the AFC Championship game. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

This is only based on current standings, and for AFC championship would had been the steelers not the bills but again this is not based on how I think it will end but records and division standings as of this week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : This is only based on current standings, and for AFC championship would had been the steelers not the bills but again this is not based on how I think it will end but records and division standings as of this week.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

you really think jenkins gets picked before kirkpatrick?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Where do most think Upshaw might fall. The one knock on upshaw is that he's to small to be a 43 DE but to slow to be a 34 OLB which could hurt him as a tweener player. But, for the Pats who flex in and out of the 34, 43 he seems like a good fit (similiar to how Cunningham seemed to fit) Is it possible that Upshaw ends up in the mid-late 20's and the Pats get a shot at him? I think he could be the disruptive force they though Cunningham or Anderson would have been

again eng, surprise, we're on the same wavelength.
    i posted this weekend

on the thread i created for more college football communication:

Colleg Football Thread: Misouri to SEC May be Official Monday

important to know what bb intends next year to continue 4-3 and 3-4 or?
    so far in the draft im lookin at ingram at de/dl
    upshaw and brandon jenkins at olb/de hybrid, maybe hightower ilb if he makes it down that far and we go back to 3-4 base
    lester and mcdonald at safety
    center i imagine bb waits till mid rounds
    wr? we have sucked it up, but maybe we give another try at an ourtside the #s receiver, especialy if we think price wont make it as a starter, maybe dwight jones, think hes 6 4 and like 224 lbs, runs a 4.4, 62 catches for 946 yds junior year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Solve the safety issue in free agency with Dashon Golson, Michael Griffin or Charles Godfrey... all who will play very well alongside Chung. Also sign Matt Roth who we should have signed this year and then we MUST revitalize Cunningham, who showed promise last year. The two of them are 3-4 DE/OLB's who should be impact players. If Cunningham is a lost cause already, then scrap the Roth idea and spend bucks on Anthony Spencer. Draft a CB and pass-rusher in rd 1... the draft is INSANELY deep in them... I no longer trust our scouting/coaching staff to know how to pick these positions though. McCourty I believe will still be a solid starter, but we'd have to nail a DT/DE or DE/OLB pass-rusher to help Carter (who should stay) and get CB who can start opposite Devin for years. Drafting Wheatley and Butler KILLED this team, as did Brace and Tate (and Crable. Those are all high picks. We should have had guys like Clay Matthews, Mike Wallace and Jamaal Charles intsead and just kept Asante. Ras-I and Arrington are solid 3rd-4th CB's.... Ras-I just has to stay healthy... being a 50 snap per game starter won't help that, but I'd love if he was a 13-15 game a year, 30-40 snap a game 3rd CB who played like starter when he was out there. 2nd rd they should go with a Center. There are 4 stud centers in this draft who should all go in the 25-50 range. Make it happen somehow and get one of them. Then I'd like to see more pass-rush, whatever position they don't get for the rush in rd 1 go with in rd 2. Maybe Crick falls. A WR with our other 2nd would be nice. I'd hope Taylor Price can emerge we can take broyles, his one-handed TD was amazing this weekend and he can easily replace Branch in this offense in 1-2 years. Use our 3rd rd pick and 4th rd pick to trade back up into the 2nd. We don't have a 5th or 6th so maybe even a 2nd or 3rd in 2013. We need 5-6 IMPACT guys in this draft and 2-3 IMPACT guys in free ageny. Depth is one thing this orginization does have an abudance of. But defensive playmakers and top lvel talent it lacks.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

great post. agree.

re:"We need 5-6 IMPACT guys in this draft and 2-3 IMPACT guys in free ageny. Depth is one thing this orginization does have an abudance of. But defensive playmakers and top lvel talent it lacks."

i said this last year and much of what you say above. (said it so many times you must have seen it here somewhere i imagine. :)

there is a problem.
    bb has not been willing to draft positions he doesnt trust himself with apparently.
    and ones he does, except for offensive line, he usually doesnt draft them well either.

we can still throw it out there i guess.
    a leopard can sometimes change it's spots.

the rest of year:

play ridley as fulltime back rest of year. play price rest of year.

find out if price is that legit outside the numbers receiver to prevent good def shutting down the middle of the field. if by the end of the year he doenst work, pick up someone or draft that player (problem in both cases, their evaluation stinks. maybe we need to rip off some good evaluating personnel from other teams).

if ridley proves to be the all around back, breakaway threat, tough runner inside and outside, out of the backfield, then you're set there and defenses can no longer key on the pass.
    these 2 things will be invaluable once in place against tough defenses. if ridley is not that player, get one.

kraft hire a gm, off coord, def coord and complete new scout and draft room team (bill gets a say, but gm gets eqaul say).

coaches in trainng out the door.

nuf said

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : you really think jenkins gets picked before kirkpatrick?
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

maybe not if its tampa.
    they already are gonna lose their guy who may be going to prison.
    they might go for squeeky - er clean.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ingram I'm cooling off a bit. This year would have been a great year to showcase his talents and he just hasn't done it (with exeception of 2 games Auburn and Van). He's created some oppotunities for other players to make plays but hasn't been able to make a lot of plays himself. I also don't like his height for a DE. When I think edge rushing DE I typically think 6'4"+ height not 6'2"

The player that has taken Ingram's place in my mind is Vinny Curry. It's his second year in a row with double digit sacks and he has good height, size, and speed to be a edge rushing threat. The issue is becoming that he's going to easily work his way into the top 25 and maybe even top 20. If he does though that might work Upshaw into the late 20's

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Ingram I'm cooling off a bit. This year would have been a great year to showcase his talents and he just hasn't done it (with exeception of 2 games Auburn and Van). He's created some oppotunities for other players to make plays but hasn't been able to make a lot of plays himself. I also don't like his height for a DE. When I think edge rushing DE I typically think 6'4"+ height not 6'2" The player that has taken Ingram's place in my mind is Vinny Curry. It's his second year in a row with double digit sacks and he has good height, size, and speed to be a edge rushing threat. The issue is becoming that he's going to easily work his way into the top 25 and maybe even top 20. If he does though that might work Upshaw into the late 20's

agreed. curry has been a "b" word (unutterable since meeting mb:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

kraft hire a gm, off coord, def coord and complete new scout and draft room team (bill gets a say, but gm gets eqaul say).

Agreed, only that is is an 'assistant GM' whi is head of scouting so it doesn't look a demotion

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]kraft hire a gm, off coord, def coord and complete new scout and draft room team (bill gets a say, but gm gets eqaul say). Agreed, only that is is an 'assistant GM' whi is head of scouting so it doesn't look a demotion

i'll go with that.
    will kraft get the cojones or just keep giving it all to bb till he walsk away. if so, we may have seen the last of the super bowls in the brady era (unless bb changes his stripes).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]kraft hire a gm, off coord, def coord and complete new scout and draft room team (bill gets a say, but gm gets eqaul say). Agreed, only that is is an 'assistant GM' whi is head of scouting so it doesn't look a demotion

You know what's scary. If you go by pure numbers the regulars in this forum have hit on as many picks as BB has recently.

Now please before I get jumped on let me say that I'm going by pure numbers production wise and this does not reflect at all how a certain player will fit into a system or even be productive in that system. Actually the players that this forum picks tend to go to teams that will best utilize their abilities so the numbers are skewed towards our favor. And, by no means do I believe I could be a NFL scout but it is kind of scary that people behind a keyboard with only our eyes and scouting reports can pick about the same % of successful players in the league then BB does for his whole team, in the early rounds, with all the resources BB has.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : You know what's scary. If you go by pure numbers the regulars in this forum have hit on as many picks as BB has recently. Now please before I get jumped on let me say that I'm going by pure numbers production wise and this does not reflect at all how a certain player will fit into a system or even be productive in that system. Actually the players that this forum picks tend to go to teams that will best utilize their abilities so the numbers are skewed towards our favor. And, by no means do I believe I could be a NFL scout but it is kind of scary that people behind a keyboard with only our eyes and scouting reports can pick about the same % of successful players in the league then BB does for his whole team, in the early rounds, with all the resources BB has.

I thought the same thing when I saw an article of all the missed players recently.  But what also frustraste me is looking at players that have been drafted right after the Pats have drafted a player.  Perfect example and most frustrating to me is Mike Wallace Pats select Brandon Tate Steelers very next pick select Wallace.  Coming out of college was not a good route runner but has surely turned into a very good one he's not just a 1 or 2 route guy.  Another one with a WR Pats select Kevin O'Connell the next pick by Giants Mario Manningham he's done well in NFL.

I think something is going on with player development, players are not getting the teaching IMO for them to progress quickly.  I see rooks making huge impacts for teams but Pats rookies are not used.  We have two rookie RBs, one has been hurt but is healthy now O'Brian give them a few touches see what type of spark they provide.  Same with Price, he's not up to part in a full route three fine put him in specific situations with those routes he's got down.  Just think coaching is hurting some of these guys, outside OL.