***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!:
    On the topic of 40 times. 40 times shouldn't be the end all be all but used more as a comparison for WR's within the draft. Honestly unless a WR blows the times away every draft class is about the same. The top 5% are always about the same speed regardless of class the middle 60% are always about the same and the back 5% are always about the same. Since Hill is in the top 5% you can be assured that he is comparable to the fastest guys from previous years. I don't trust pro-day 40's because of the difference in track speed but at least in the combine it's an equal playing field What I don't get was 12 years ago when I was in HS and running track, during the state meets they had you wear timing devices on your shoes. When the tag crossed the line it triggered and when you crossed the finish line it stopped. It never affected the outcome but gave you a true 100m time. Why would that be difficult to use?
    Posted by PatsEng

My mental picture of PE was apparently inaccurate... for some reason, I thought you were older than me (I'm 33)... but you're apparantly 30 or almost 30, if my math is correct... random I know haha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : My mental picture of PE was apparently inaccurate... for some reason, I thought you were older than me (I'm 33)... but you're apparantly 30 or almost 30, if my math is correct... random I know haha
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

30 is the correct number. Great math work

just out of curiousity why did you think I was older  lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Jake Bequette, 1.70, 4.78 6'5" 274.  I like this kid, been high on him for a while, can't wait to see him in cone and LB drills.  Better setting the edge than rushing the passer but overall good football player.
    Posted by Pats7393

Bequette is looking great in the drills as is Jamie Blatnick from Okla State.  Curry didn't impress me in the 40 and I think he may be just a 43 DE.  Andre Branch, wow!!!  Very fast, quick, and fluid.  Fletcher Cox has solidified my first choice at 27 but he may not be there anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Apparently after then drills yesterday K Wright has projected to fall out of the 1st along with Sanu. They could both work their ways back into the 1st with good pro-days

This could be good and bad.

Bad - Not going before #27 means that someone who might have fallen to us won't fall to us. It could also mean both Randle and Hill could be taken in the 1st.

Good - A team needing a WR might see their fall and trade up to #31 to grab either one. If both make it to the 2nd with Randle and Hill it could push either Randle or Hill to us at #48

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : 30 is the correct number. Great math work just out of curiousity why did you think I was older  lol
    Posted by PatsEng

Haha, no idea... you know when you get a mental picture of somebody for no apparent reason?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Not sure anyone of us ever suggested the contrary. Only that there are very simple obvious logical ways to do a more "closely" related apples to apples type of analysis. That's all.

You could do the things I mentioned as well as having them actually compete. Heck why just a Sr bowl? Why not a best prospect bowl? Or even a competition like a like training camp to decide who even makes the roster for that best prospect bowl? Not scout determined, player determine man vs man.

The obvious is they don't want injuries but that would clearly define it.

It would put egg on many a scouts faces for certain.

They don't do any of those things. That's why there are so many UDFA's in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Bequette is looking great in the drills as is Jamie Blatnick from Okla State.  Curry didn't impress me in the 40 and I think he may be just a 43 DE.  Andre Branch, wow!!!  Very fast, quick, and fluid.  Fletcher Cox has solidified my first choice at 27 but he may not be there anymore.
    Posted by Faucetman

Well I think most felt he was going to go to Den at #25 but after this combine might have played himself into a top 20 pick

Branch is another guy I'm looking at besides Curry. How are they both looking in the rip and swim drills. That will be a good indication on their pass rushing ability, not so much the 40 times

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Any feedback on McClellin?  Brett Roy?  Has either run or done any drills yet?  I'm at work, can't watch... hope to catch replays tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm in the same boat MB. I'm dying not getting a chance to watch the drills. That's my favorite part of the DL combine and where I think you can tell the true performers from the fakes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

All I've seen from McClellin is that he put up 19 reps, not a great showing. I'm beginning to wonder if that extra water he tossed on was actually muscle or if it was water weight for the weigh in

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Who was it this year? I'm at work so I don't get a chance to watch it live  : (
    Posted by PatsEng

Melvin Ingram

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Melvin Ingram
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

really huh. Ingram looks like he had all the tools. Did he look poor in drills?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : really huh. Ingram looks like he had all the tools. Did he look poor in drills?
    Posted by PatsEng

Oh no he's the real deal and looks great in general.

However he just has done a couple drills not the way they are designed to be done. Just a couple and not badly but not to what the speaking points were.

They do this every year with the high prospects, most of them. They are easily forgiven. This happens at all levels in every sport and as a coach drives me crazy.

One example is the drill where they had a player run forward plant a foot go left or right and then bend around a cone and up to the next level. They were ripping players for either chopping feet around the gone or drifting wide around the cone or both. SO when Ingram goes, they are talking about this is how you do it Melvins blah blah before he even finishes. He's didn't chop his feet but went as wide as everyone else.

Every year they are just more forgiving to the"name" players doing the drills.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Wylie's been my guy, he was one of my original Top 25 targets and I haven't taken him off the list.  He was one of, if not the fastest, most sudden players that I've seen on tape and has value on ST.. the knock is his size (5-9 187) and durability (he's had some injuries)... but overall, I think he looks like the kind of WR that BB has historically been interested in.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Perhaps the best I saw at "circus" catches in nailing down poorly thrown balls.  He definitely has "glue" for hands.  His comparison to Welker is spot-on! Has the additional ability to quickly locate drilled passes where reaction time is limited.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : 30 is the correct number. Great math work just out of curiousity why did you think I was older  lol
    Posted by PatsEng

Haha you guys are pups.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Any feedback on McClellin?  Brett Roy?  Has either run or done any drills yet?  I'm at work, can't watch... hope to catch replays tonight.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

4.65 McClellin

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : 4.65 McClellin
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

1.59 split, no drills yet... to follow running

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Mercilus 4.63

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ronnell Lewis 4.69

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Nick Perry 4.5 and not a clean run even

Comments given about him as being all business and professional, Oldschool, mean and nasty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Wow Dontari Poe 4.87

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Haha you guys are pups.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

And ironically, I pictured you as younger than me... I'm all sorts of bad at this, ha.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Kendall Reyes 4.79 same as Cox's first run

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Brett Roy 5.12

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Mercilus and Perry 1.57 splits

Sections
Shortcuts