***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

i just developed a man crush 3 alabama players

upshaw
    kirkpatrick
    richardson

i would not mind lacy too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

All right MB and PatsEng...I get it..Welker and TB have chemsitry and he perhaps is probably the cog that makes this offense go...can't afford to lose him. I'll vote to resign him then. Under one condition...we go after a guy in FA that is big/fast and can catch passes beyond 15 yards. Someone that will require the Jets for example to put Revis on all game, and maybe even require safety help from time to time. We need this to open those underneath and middle routes...Too many teams now are learning how to beat us and take away our short game.

I'm with PatsEng on the draft needs. MORE focus put on the defense...again.

Here are some questions for the group....
    1. Do you draft another CB early, or target an FA that can compliment McCourty on the other side?...someone like RMathis from Jacksonville for example...

2. Do you draft a DL/DE that will take either Ellis, Haynesworth, or Warren's spot, and might be actually starting next to VW? Again, I see Love/Pryor/Brace/Deaderick as decent depth and rotational players...I want a stud DL that penetrates, or a DE that wreaks havoc.

3. Do you draft a WR or grab one via FA? Again, since we are keen on resigning Welker, I'll assume we might want to grab a bigger, more physical WR. They can be had in rounds 1, 2 and probably 3. Maybe even 4-7...It depends however if you want this kid starting sooner than later. Meaning, we might have to take one high.

4. Where do you draft your Center? Do you agree we need one? Personally, I would love to upgrade Connolly, but if we could get one later and use early rounds on skill players, I'd prefer that.

5. IF you elect us drafting a CB, then do we pick a Safety up in FA? My personal opinion is we wither draft a CB or Safety, and pick the other up in FA. I think both the Safety and CB positions in FA are going to be pretty good. Looking at where we draft and talent, I feel better about drafting a Safety in round 2 to play next to Chung, and grabbing a vet CB in FA next to McCourty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Now that broyles has had a serious injury belichick will almost certainly select him to become a patriot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]All right MB and PatsEng...I get it..Welker and TB have chemsitry and he perhaps is probably the cog that makes this offense go...can't afford to lose him. I'll vote to resign him then. Under one condition...we go after a guy in FA that is big/fast and can catch passes beyond 15 yards. Someone that will require the Jets for example to put Revis on all game, and maybe even require safety help from time to time. We need this to open those underneath and middle routes...Too many teams now are learning how to beat us and take away our short game. I'm with PatsEng on the draft needs. MORE focus put on the defense...again. Here are some questions for the group.... 1. Do you draft another CB early, or target an FA that can compliment McCourty on the other side?...someone like RMathis from Jacksonville for example... 2. Do you draft a DL/DE that will take either Ellis, Haynesworth, or Warren's spot, and might be actually starting next to VW? Again, I see Love/Pryor/Brace/Deaderick as decent depth and rotational players...I want a stud DL that penetrates, or a DE that wreaks havoc. 3. Do you draft a WR or grab one via FA? Again, since we are keen on resigning Welker, I'll assume we might want to grab a bigger, more physical WR. They can be had in rounds 1, 2 and probably 3. Maybe even 4-7...It depends however if you want this kid starting sooner than later. Meaning, we might have to take one high. 4. Where do you draft your Center? Do you agree we need one? Personally, I would love to upgrade Connolly, but if we could get one later and use early rounds on skill players, I'd prefer that. 5. IF you elect us drafting a CB, then do we pick a Safety up in FA? My personal opinion is we wither draft a CB or Safety, and pick the other up in FA. I think both the Safety and CB positions in FA are going to be pretty good. Looking at where we draft and talent, I feel better about drafting a Safety in round 2 to play next to Chung, and grabbing a vet CB in FA next to McCourty.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

welker has no use against top d's till we have the outside the#s threat. spending big on him would be a waste of money without that #1 receiver.

wiht the pats lack of ability to pick at several positions it makes tries through the draft very risky for wr's db's, lb's defense period unless its top 10. 

need a breakaway all purpose back (and becasue we havent played him, we dont klnow if ridleys it, so do we pick up another thru fa?). the #1 receiver (draft or fa), center later in the draft.
          de pass rusher, lb pass rusher. lb tackler who can stay on the field all 3 downs and reasonable in coverage (can we pick up soomeone to do all 3?), 
    free safety. free agent insurance for ras i. 

we are in the ridiculously same position of having many needs again come draft time (despite having more picks than any other team going to the playoffs yearly). 
         and of course, despite our needs bb probably will trade away picks to coming years (because its an addiction) and not fill positions of need, despite being a few playmakers away from contending for a super bowl.
      jesus. depressing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]i just developed a man crush 3 alabama players upshaw kirkpatrick richardson i would not mind lacy too
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

seattle youre not a sec fan?
    sounds like you havent had a chance to watch bama much lately.
    they should go in the top end of the draft for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Now that broyles has had a serious injury belichick will almost certainly select him to become a patriot
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

You mock but ACL surgery has come a long way and truth is an ACL tear is recoverable in about a year now a days.

If Broyles falls far in the draft to the late 4th early 5th I would look into trading a pick next year to get him. You can PuP him and let him work into the O next year. Well worth a mid day 3 pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : welker has no use against top d's till we have the outside the#s threat. spending big on him would be a waste of money without that #1 receiver. wiht the pats lack of ability to pick at several positions it makes tries through the draft very risky for wr's db's, lb's defense period unless its top 10.  need a breakaway all purpose back (and becasue we havent played him, we dont klnow if ridleys it, so do we pick up another thru fa?). the #1 receiver (draft or fa), center later in the draft.       de pass rusher, lb pass rusher. lb tackler who can stay on the field all 3 downs and reasonable in coverage (can we pick up soomeone to do all 3?),  free safety. free agent insurance for ras i.     we are in the ridiculously same position of having many needs again come draft time (despite having more picks than any other team going to the playoffs yearly).       and of course, despite our needs bb probably will trade away picks to coming years (because its an addiction) and not fill positions of need, despite being a few playmakers away from contending for a super bowl.   jesus. depressing.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

bre,
    I disagree, they have a Super Bowl caliber offense (w/ Welker as the main target), one of the best in the league... I'm not of the belief that a pure #1, elite "outside" WR is a must have and think that's a thought perpetuated by the fluky 2007 season.  Instead, I think you allocate the money to Welker and try to compliment him with a solid 2nd or 3rd tier type WR through FA and/or maybe spend a late Rd 1 (Michael Floyd) or Rd 2 pick on a potential #1 which I think is more cost effective than bidding on a premier "outside guy" (allowing them to maybe target a premium impact defender (LaRon Landry) assuming he's not franchised.  At the same time, if they decide to buck the trend and trade up for Justin Blackmon, there won't be a happier Patriots fan than me.  

The first step to determining what you need moving forward -IMO- is to see what you have in Price, he's the wild card.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : You mock but ACL surgery has come a long way and truth is an ACL tear is recoverable in about a year now a days. If Broyles falls far in the draft to the late 4th early 5th I would look into trading a pick next year to get him. You can PuP him and let him work into the O next year. Well worth a mid day 3 pick
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  While I feel sick to my stomach for the kid, this does represent a buy low situation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Thoughts on targeting Cortland Finnegan (assuming he's not franchised) in free agency?  He's a PITA for opposing teams and I think his tough, ultra-competitive attitude would be an asset to this defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]All right MB and PatsEng...I get it..Welker and TB have chemsitry and he perhaps is probably the cog that makes this offense go...can't afford to lose him. I'll vote to resign him then. Under one condition...we go after a guy in FA that is big/fast and can catch passes beyond 15 yards. Someone that will require the Jets for example to put Revis on all game, and maybe even require safety help from time to time. We need this to open those underneath and middle routes...Too many teams now are learning how to beat us and take away our short game. I'm with PatsEng on the draft needs. MORE focus put on the defense...again. Here are some questions for the group.... 1. Do you draft another CB early, or target an FA that can compliment McCourty on the other side?...someone like RMathis from Jacksonville for example... 2. Do you draft a DL/DE that will take either Ellis, Haynesworth, or Warren's spot, and might be actually starting next to VW? Again, I see Love/Pryor/Brace/Deaderick as decent depth and rotational players...I want a stud DL that penetrates, or a DE that wreaks havoc. 3. Do you draft a WR or grab one via FA? Again, since we are keen on resigning Welker, I'll assume we might want to grab a bigger, more physical WR. They can be had in rounds 1, 2 and probably 3. Maybe even 4-7...It depends however if you want this kid starting sooner than later. Meaning, we might have to take one high. 4. Where do you draft your Center? Do you agree we need one? Personally, I would love to upgrade Connolly, but if we could get one later and use early rounds on skill players, I'd prefer that. 5. IF you elect us drafting a CB, then do we pick a Safety up in FA? My personal opinion is we wither draft a CB or Safety, and pick the other up in FA. I think both the Safety and CB positions in FA are going to be pretty good. Looking at where we draft and talent, I feel better about drafting a Safety in round 2 to play next to Chung, and grabbing a vet CB in FA next to McCourty.

1) I hope they don't go early on another CB pick. I've said it time and time again the D is won in the trenches and ripples out. No more patch job vets in the trenches I wany studs that will carry the team for the next 7 years. However, if a kid like Jenkins is available late 2nd early 3rd then this kid has top 15 talent. You almost have to take him at that point.

2) I agree I want a stud DE. What I'd like is to bring back Carter for the experience and as a mentor then get a stud pass rusher. I'd also like to find someone to put next to Wilfork for the future. I don't see Brace as a solution and I'm not sure how long Deadrick will be with the teams given the grumbles of his attitude in the locker room. Pyror is a nice player but I don't see him as anything more then a Green. The problem is that outside the early 2nd I just don't see many good rushing DL. I see some good talent in the 15-40 range but not much outside

3) Again I agree I want a big physical WR in the mold of Malcom Floyd or Burress (in prime). Whether that's through FA or draft I don't know. This draft has some big WR's with talent and in FA most of the larger possession WR's are going to be looking for #1 WR money. The one wild card is Broyles. With his ACL torn he could fall to mid to day 3 territory. If we trade back and acquire another 4th or trade a 3rd next year for a 4th this year I would gladly take the risk on his knee and grab Broyles. One name I've been happy to run into recently is Marvin McNutt. This kid isn't the fastest player but at 6'4" 215 he outfits for the ball and I've seen him drag cb's with him. Did I mention he runs crisp routes? I also believe Kansas mentioned Tommy Steeter. Another tall hard noised WR that's made some big plays this year

4) I don't draft one early lol. We have possible the greatest OL coach in Scar. I'd look rounds 4-6. I agree Connolly needs an upgrade by he's serviceable for another year if a new C needs training. The one thing about C's is that the best go early but then those C's we all think fall in the 2-3 round range tend to drop to the 4-7 range. There's no need to grab one early if you have other holes to fill. Also given the size we'll put around him (Vollmer, Solder, Cannon, Mankins) we don't need a large powerful C but can learn back on smarter pass protect C's that can help point out blitzers (ie Koppen type). Think Ben Habern, who broke his arm. He'll be found in the later rounds but it's clear that OU's OL has not functioned the same without him. They have trouble picking up blitzes and at times look lost without their anchor on the line

5) I don't think we go early again on CB. It would just be to much to take for BB's pride after Wheatly then Butler then drafting another would show that he has no confidence in either McCourty or Ras. If they do draft a CB early though you might see them move Ras to FS to fill Meri's hole. As for S's we don't need a SS. Chung fills that role and Barrett or Ihendigbo are decent enough to be backup SS. The issue is coverage FS. Their are a couple of really good coverage FS's in the draft this year that will fall in the 2-3 round range one of which is Lester. If you go S I would go with a young draft pick if you feel McCourty, Ras, and Arrington can pick up the pace in coverage. But, if you don't have much confidence in those 3 in coverage then you almost have to go with an experienced vet who can make up for their deficiencies. This is where Sanders really could have helped this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Thoughts on targeting Cortland Finnegan (assuming he's not franchised) in free agency?  He's a PITA for opposing teams and I think his tough, ultra-competitive attitude would be an asset to this defense.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I really like Finnegan but I'd have to wait to see asking price. If it's a Bodden type of contract, then welcome to the team.

But, If you can get Jenkins in the early 3rd and they feel Ras can stay on the field then I'm comfortable with a CB core of Jenkins, McCourty, Ras, Arrington. I'd rather spend money or picks on a cover FS though

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : You mock but ACL surgery has come a long way and truth is an ACL tear is recoverable in about a year now a days. If Broyles falls far in the draft to the late 4th early 5th I would look into trading a pick next year to get him. You can PuP him and let him work into the O next year. Well worth a mid day 3 pick

Yeah we could spend our 4th rd pick on him. Cannon was a 1st-2nd rd talent who lasted till early rd 5 b/c cancer was something you may never recover from.

Broyles is a 2nd rd talent who maybe we could snag with our late 4th rd pick b/c he'd be PUP'd and get some reps w/ the offense but by 2013 would be completely healthy (kinda like the Tate situation was)

Branch should get a 2-3 year contract to end his career a Patriot, he can get plenty of reps next year while being a mentor to Broyles, they can split time in 2013 and then Broyles will have replaced him, and not just his production but his character/toughness/chemistry w/ tom, by 2014.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Thoughts on targeting Cortland Finnegan (assuming he's not franchised) in free agency?  He's a PITA for opposing teams and I think his tough, ultra-competitive attitude would be an asset to this defense.

I'd love Finnegan

It would be like a Rodney Harrison type move

The secondary should be full of young players next year, they'd need a veteran, and they need toughness. Finnegan will only be 28 next year. He'd be a guy you go to war w/ vs. the Steelers, Ravens and Jets of the world.

I bet he'd only cost a little more than the Bodden money that we free'd up.... 5/30 as opposed to Mathis and Porter, the top 2 free agent CB's... who might want 5/40.

Then you can still afford a safety like Goldson or Godfrey at like 5/20.

This team has the money to sign two borderline pro-bowl/very good starters in the secondary at about 10 million a year combined. Everyone else back there will be pretty cheap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I really like Finnegan but I'd have to wait to see asking price. If it's a Bodden type of contract, then welcome to the team. But, If you can get Jenkins in the early 3rd and they feel Ras can stay on the field then I'm comfortable with a CB core of Jenkins, McCourty, Ras, Arrington. I'd rather spend money or picks on a cover FS though

You can get both I think.

Finnegan and Charles Godfrey or Dashon Goldson, not the top safeties like Landry and Griffin.... but they'd likely not fit with Chung as good. Ras-I has the size to be moved to FS as well, and with his health issues I wouldn't want to depend on him as a satrting CB anyhow.

If Jenkins is available, even at the end of the 2nd  rd, I'd be beyond surprised. If he slips to the 55-60 range pick him up and worry about the fact that you just signed some DB's later.

Pot smoking is not as big an issue as DUI's or gun possession (IMO) and Floyd is still projected as late 1st rd (instead of in the 8-16 range) and Merriweather was still taken rd 1.

Of course Aaron Hernandez dropped from being on the 2nd/3rd bubble to the 4th rd b/c of the weed.... but hey that has worked out pretty great

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : bre, I disagree, they have a Super Bowl caliber offense (w/ Welker as the main target), one of the best in the league... I'm not of the belief that a pure #1, elite "outside" WR is a must have and think that's a thought perpetuated by the fluky 2007 season.  Instead, I think you allocate the money to Welker and try to compliment him with a solid 2nd or 3rd tier type WR through FA and/or maybe spend a late Rd 1 (Michael Floyd) or Rd 2 pick on a potential #1 which I think is more cost effective than bidding on a premier "outside guy" (allowing them to maybe target a premium impact defender (LaRon Landry) assuming he's not franchised.  At the same time, if they decide to buck the trend and trade up for Justin Blackmon, there won't be a happier Patriots fan than me.   The first step to determining what you need moving forward -IMO- is to see what you have in Price, he's the wild card.

Agree on Price... but again he is only 6'... likely only to be a David Givens #3 type reciever... which would of course be awesome. But Branch in 2012 needs to be a #4 and if Welker is ur #1.... you'd want your #2 to have some size.

What is your opinion on the 4 WR's at least 1 of who could be there for us at the end of rd 2, that are all 6'4" Toon, Fuller, Criner, McNutt?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : seattle youre not a sec fan? sounds like you havent had a chance to watch bama much lately. they should go in the top end of the draft for sure.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

it's a foolish bias of mine - a relic of days living in my local bubble. 

i always start the year liking teams from where i live/lived. it used to be the northeast, so i liked the big east mainly the new england teams (ucon and bc before they moved to the acc) and acc (because of bc). for some unexplainable reason, i also always like the the  big 10. now its mostly pac 10/12. i think this is also because, growing up, i was more a basketball guy. 

by mid-season, after watching the sec games, i turn around - better late than never i guess. 

by end of season i have a pretty balanced view of the world. in fact by end of season, i realize ho much the boston fans overrate players from bc ucon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This years draft would be made so much easier if we spent some serious $ on the defense in free agency.

Say you sign:

CB Cortland Finnegan - 5/30
    DE Robert Mathis - 4/26
    FS Goldson/Godfrey - 5/20
    DE/OLB Matt Roth - 4/14

I think we can afford to drop an average of 5 million per year per guy on 4 players to help at different positions over the D.

We can keep Carter at like 2 years 5-7 million.

Choose between either Ellis's option (2.5) or Warren (1 year/1.5). Hayensworth is younger than both those guys and should get 1 more shot on the cheap with an entire offseason to improve conditioning.

We'd play more 4-3 than 3-4 next year with Mathis/Carter/Haynsworth vets on board.

In that vein I think we'd just have to get a faster LB to complement Spikes/Mayo on the inside, Guyton remains depth. A guy who can play ILB in a 3-4 and OLB in a 4-3. Zach Brown or Manti Te'o would be ideal. Hopefully one of these two is available w/ the better of our 2 firsts.

Then Cunningham really needs to be developed, as an OLB in a 3-4 and play there with Roth when we switch to that scheme. Nink is depth. We could even use one of our 2nd rd picks on a DE/OLB type like Brandon Jenkins, Bruce Irvin, Whitney Mercilus, Brandon Lindsey. A guy who eventually replaces Carter in 1-2 years.

We should use our other 1st rd pick on a DE/DT who can add youth to the front and be simply better than Brace/Deaderick/Love. Like Worthy as many here mentioned, Crick if he is looking healthy at pro-day, Billy Winn and Devon Still are options on a lot of moack drafts.

We should use our other 2nd on one of the tall 6'4" WR's.... hopefully one is still there. Criner, Toon, McNutt, Fuller. This guy would be getting the reps Ocho got this year. Branch would see his role reduced and Price would hopefully take over more of the 2-3 WR role.

In the 3rd-4th rd's many here are predicting a Center like Ben Jones is still on the board, or if he is not maybe TE Cory Fleener, who is a favorite. Depending on where you see Ras-I's future you could go CB here or FS. Broyles may now be there with our 4th rd pick.

I'd trade a 2nd or 3rd in 2013 for a3rd or 4th this year if it meant getting a future starting C many felt would go round 2 in rd 3, or Broyles, who would replace Branch when he is back to being 100%.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Agree on Price... but again he is only 6'... likely only to be a David Givens #3 type reciever... which would of course be awesome. But Branch in 2012 needs to be a #4 and if Welker is ur #1.... you'd want your #2 to have some size. What is your opinion on the 4 WR's at least 1 of who could be there for us at the end of rd 2, that are all 6'4" Toon, Fuller, Criner, McNutt?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I'm just not of the belief that you need a big WR, don't see any evidence that it's an indicator of offensive success.  For example, players like Greg Jennings, Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Reggie Wayne, Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson etc., are all at or below 6 feet tall and all are or have #1 WR potential.

Of the players listed, I'd have to say Fuller probably has the biggest upside of that group... he's had a tough year with injuries, but he has legit #1 WR potential.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : it's a foolish bias of mine - a relic of days living in my local bubble.  i always start the year liking teams from where i live/lived. it used to be the northeast, so i liked the big east mainly the new england teams (ucon and bc before they moved to the acc) and acc (because of bc). for some unexplainable reason, i also always like the the  big 10. now its mostly pac 10/12. i think this is also because, growing up, i was more a basketball guy.  by mid-season, after watching the sec games, i turn around - better late than never i guess.  by end of season i have a pretty balanced view of the world. in fact by end of season, i realize ho much the boston fans overrate players from bc ucon.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

"by mid-season, after watching the sec games, i turn around - better late than never i guess".

:)

thanks  for the fun get-to-know seattle post!

living in the "pacific"
    grew up in the northeast
    lived in the southeast

brd/bred

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]This years draft would be made so much easier if we spent some serious $ on the defense in free agency. Say you sign: CB Cortland Finnegan - 5/30 DE Robert Mathis - 4/26 FS Goldson/Godfrey - 5/20 DE/OLB Matt Roth - 4/14 I think we can afford to drop an average of 5 million per year per guy on 4 players to help at different positions over the D. We can keep Carter at like 2 years 5-7 million. Choose between either Ellis's option (2.5) or Warren (1 year/1.5). Hayensworth is younger than both those guys and should get 1 more shot on the cheap with an entire offseason to improve conditioning. We'd play more 4-3 than 3-4 next year with Mathis/Carter/Haynsworth vets on board. In that vein I think we'd just have to get a faster LB to complement Spikes/Mayo on the inside, Guyton remains depth. A guy who can play ILB in a 3-4 and OLB in a 4-3. Zach Brown or Manti Te'o would be ideal. Hopefully one of these two is available w/ the better of our 2 firsts. Then Cunningham really needs to be developed, as an OLB in a 3-4 and play there with Roth when we switch to that scheme. Nink is depth. We could even use one of our 2nd rd picks on a DE/OLB type like Brandon Jenkins, Bruce Irvin, Whitney Mercilus, Brandon Lindsey. A guy who eventually replaces Carter in 1-2 years. We should use our other 1st rd pick on a DE/DT who can add youth to the front and be simply better than Brace/Deaderick/Love. Like Worthy as many here mentioned, Crick if he is looking healthy at pro-day, Billy Winn and Devon Still are options on a lot of moack drafts. We should use our other 2nd on one of the tall 6'4" WR's.... hopefully one is still there. Criner, Toon, McNutt, Fuller. This guy would be getting the reps Ocho got this year. Branch would see his role reduced and Price would hopefully take over more of the 2-3 WR role. In the 3rd-4th rd's many here are predicting a Center like Ben Jones is still on the board, or if he is not maybe TE Cory Fleener, who is a favorite. Depending on where you see Ras-I's future you could go CB here or FS. Broyles may now be there with our 4th rd pick. I'd trade a 2nd or 3rd in 2013 for a3rd or 4th this year if it meant getting a future starting C many felt would go round 2 in rd 3, or Broyles, who would replace Branch when he is back to being 100%.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

your thinkins good (cept for developing cunningham-probably keep him a year [unfortunately] tehn release him).

the big problem is you have to get any of that past bb.

and EVEN BIGGER, WE STILL HAVE CRAPPY COACHES.

thanks for the post rame

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I don't like Finnegan at all BUT, this D is missing a sparkplug and this guy will make guys raly around him for some reason and he's a decent CB.  He might be to expensive but I would.  As long as he stays out of trouble off the field his antics on the field are fine.  This D needs to get some thugging in it and I hate that I just said that but they need the fear factor brought back. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I don't like Finnegan at all BUT, this D is missing a sparkplug and this guy will make guys raly around him for some reason and he's a decent CB.  He might be to expensive but I would.  As long as he stays out of trouble off the field his antics on the field are fine.  This D needs to get some thugging in it and I hate that I just said that but they need the fear factor brought back. 
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

They do need some nastiness added to them for sure

It is highly possible we go 10-6 or 11-5 now.. same as NO... both picks could be in the 18-24 range when 15 days ago everyone thought they would both be in the 25-32 range.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I'm just not of the belief that you need a big WR, don't see any evidence that it's an indicator of offensive success.  For example, players like Greg Jennings, Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Reggie Wayne, Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson etc., are all at or below 6 feet tall and all are or have #1 WR potential. Of the players listed, I'd have to say Fuller probably has the biggest upside of that group... he's had a tough year with injuries, but he has legit #1 WR potential.

I agree. They don't need to be Ramses Barden like at 6'6", but they do need to be athletic. The guys you mention MB are athletic. We really don't have much of that on the team period. At teh WR spot, Branch and Ocho were once guys like the above, but their time has just about come and gone. That leaves Wes. Not a ton of speed, but quick..perfect slot receiver.

Just give me a fast twitch WR like the above mentioned. In fact give me 2. If you look at GB, they are loaded at WR. Guys of varying sizes, but all athletes. Same with Pitt. Shoulda coulda, but we coulda had Sanders or Wallace. We all talked about them both a while back. 

If we get 2 speedy, athletic WRs oppostie Welker, I like this offense a bit more, in terms of opening things up for Gronk and Hern as well. It will be much more dynamic and we would have weapons to play long or short ball depending upon opponent. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I agree. They don't need to be Ramses Barden like at 6'6", but they do need to be athletic. The guys you mention MB are athletic. We really don't have much of that on the team period. At teh WR spot, Branch and Ocho were once guys like the above, but their time has just about come and gone. That leaves Wes. Not a ton of speed, but quick..perfect slot receiver. Just give me a fast twitch WR like the above mentioned. In fact give me 2. If you look at GB, they are loaded at WR. Guys of varying sizes, but all athletes. Same with Pitt. Shoulda coulda, but we coulda had Sanders or Wallace. We all talked about them both a while back.  If we get 2 speedy, athletic WRs oppostie Welker, I like this offense a bit more, in terms of opening things up for Gronk and Hern as well. It will be much more dynamic and we would have weapons to play long or short ball depending upon opponent. 

f we get 2 speedy, athletic WRs oppostie Welker, I like this offense a bit more, in terms of opening things up for Gronk and Hern as well'

thats what ive been saying for a while along with the need for an all purpose back threat. (ridley or elsewhere).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I don't like Finnegan at all BUT, this D is missing a sparkplug and this guy will make guys raly around him for some reason and he's a decent CB.  .... 
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

i agree, but i for some reason i feel bb does not like those. he's let go of quite a few.