***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!

If Brockers is on the board heading into the 20s I sure hope we go up and get him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What's the consensus here on brockers ? Is he worth it and worth a trade up from say 27 to 20 or so?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!:
    [QUOTE]What's the consensus here on brockers ? Is he worth it and worth a trade up from say 27 to 20 or so?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]
    To me he is.  I'd give up 62 and 27 to get him.  He has a lot of upside.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : To me he is.  I'd give up 62 and 27 to get him.  He has a lot of upside.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

It really seems like the cream of the crop is rising.  The majority of the players that I'm interested in seem to be getting locked in the top 25.  Just out of reach.  I really hope that we either package both 1sts to get up in to the 12-13 range to grab Coples, Upshaw, or Brockers.  

We have the depth after trading back into the 2nd for the past 5 years.  Now is the time to move up and snag a star player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

RE: Brockers.

I'm a fan, not a finished product, but the length, motor (upfield and in pursuit) and upside is there... he also has ST value.  If he plays with good pad level/base, he's tough to handle... kid has strong, active hands, can stack and shed and can split/eat the double.  IMO, if Barron and Cox are off the board and Brockers is there in the 20's, I think he's worth the move up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Copy from another thread

I go with the Pat Kirwin mock of last Friday for round 1

RD 1 Pats trade 27 and 31 and go up ( I forgot where  St Lous  ?) and take Coples DE

Rd 2    48 McClellin OLB
                63 Josh Robinson CB  (Central Floida  .. asante samuel?). this is really a hope and a prayer.
                   ALT:OT Zebrie  Sanders or Bob Massie  one should drop

MB   what is the report on Nick Toon good size, good speed , good blood lines ( concussions aren't genetic!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

One thing is for sure, there will be a player we don't expect to be there to be there.  I think Upshaw could be a lock to be there at 27 now.  Konz appears to be free falling to the later part of the 1st round.  I've even seen some mocks that suggest Jonathan Martin could be there although I think those were before the Eagles lost Jason Peters for the season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Copy from another thread I go with the Pat Kirwin mock of last Friday for round 1 RD 1 Pats trade 27 and 31 and go up ( I forgot where  St Lous  ?) and take Coples DE Rd 2    48 McClellin OLB             63 Josh Robinson CB  (Central Floida  .. asante samuel?). this is really a hope and a prayer.                ALT:OT Zebrie  Sanders or Bob Massie  one should drop   MB   what is the report on Nick Toon good size, good speed , good blood lines ( concussions aren't genetic!)
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

mg,
    Toon projects as a mid-round possession guy, IMO... has decent straightline speed and good hands, but isn't overly sudden and doesn't seem to offer much after the catch.  I prefer Marvin Jones, Greg Childs and Marvin McNutt as bigger WR's in the middle rounds at this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

[QUOTE]One thing is for sure, there will be a player we don't expect to be there to be there.  I think Upshaw could be a lock to be there at 27 now.  Konz appears to be free falling to the later part of the 1st round.  I've even seen some mocks that suggest Jonathan Martin could be there although I think those were before the Eagles lost Jason Peters for the season. 
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Konz has always been in the latter part of rd 1, or the begining of round 2.  I agree that Martin has been falling lately, but I seriously doubt Upshaw would drop that far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No doubt there is upside with brockers. Kid is still young and developing. I would do a move up to 20 for him MB...do you think cox comes off the board before brockers? I like pat kirwin, but no way I move up for coples with both firsts. I can't see BB doing that unless the kid is ultra special, and coples to me is good, but not that kid. I too have seen konz mocked quite a few times in round 2. I honestly can't see upshaw falling to 27. If he or Hightower are there at Pitt's pick, I think upshaw fits their lb mold almost to a T. I,haven't seen any mention of Spikes knee surgery on this post, meaning, is drafting an ILB importantmthismyear as well?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]... but no way I move up for coples with both firsts.  ...

oh thank you for saying that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I love this mock that was recently posted on nepatriotsdraft.com.  I kind of feel like our 2 late firsts are in no-mans-land as far as likely talent available, so I love the trade-up idea this year.

Trade 27 & 31 to AZ for #13 & a 5th
    #13 Fletcher Cox
    #48 Jayron Hosley
    #62 Shea McClellin
    #94 Ron Brooks
    4th Rnd Greg Childs
    5th Rnd Tom Compton; OT South Dakota

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : Konz has always been in the latter part of rd 1, or the begining of round 2.  I agree that Martin has been falling lately, but I seriously doubt Upshaw would drop that far.
    Posted by Army2LT[/QUOTE]

If Martin is there at 27, but Brockers, Cox, Barron and Upshaw were gone, do you trade that pick to Philly for picks 46 and 51?

I'd think Still, Reyes, Jenkins and Gilmore would all be there at 27.... so one of them will also be there at 31...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd make that trade for the Eagles picks and hope for:

31 - Still/Reyes

46 - Doug Martin

48 - Harrison Smith (or one of the CB's I have at 63 if he is gone)

51 - Shea McClellin

63 - Robinson, Hosley, Boykin (or if we went with one at 48 trade down into the early 3rd [get a 5th] or mid 3rd [get a 4th] and pick whoever is there out of Iloka, Markelle Martin or Trumaine Johnson

late 3rd - hopefully one of Crick, Winn or Wolfe is there... I guess you could reach for Randall or Mike Martin

4th - a center, Jones, Molk, Blake... hopefully one is there

If we pick up an extra 4th or 5th by trading down (or trading Hoyer) I'd look for a BPA situation, maybe a luxury WR pick like Broyles or an Arkansas kid to put with Mallett for the future, or O-line depth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What would people rather have?

option 1: Harrison Smith and Chase Minnifield

option 2: Josh Robinson, George Iloka/Trumaine Johnson, an extra 4th/5th

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : oh thank you for saying that. 
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

sure it wasnt nepats,com suggesting moving up with 2 picks for coples? they had that up next week. havent checked kirwan lately.

cox is looking to go before brockers in many mocks and often a top 10 or 15 pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

interesting...

yesterday on the espn draft machine mclellin was listed on the second page of the board. today, he's on the board, basically jumping something like forty plus spots. has his stock been shooting up? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!": [QUOTE]What would people rather have? option 1: Harrison Smith and Chase Minnifield option 2: Josh Robinson, George Iloka/Trumaine Johnson, an extra 4th/5th Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE] I like option 2.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!": [QUOTE]I love this mock that was recently posted on nepatriotsdraft.com.  I kind of feel like our 2 late firsts are in no-mans-land as far as likely talent available, so I love the trade-up idea this year. Trade 27 & 31 to AZ for #13 & a 5th #13 Fletcher Cox #48 Jayron Hosley #62 Shea McClellin #94 Ron Brooks 4th Rnd Greg Childs 5th Rnd Tom Compton; OT South Dakota Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE] Interesting, but again...is cox worth 2 firsts? Cox is one of my favorites DT this year, but I am not even sure, like coples, he is worth the trade up that high where we are using both firsts. In fact, I can't think of a player this year that is worth 2 firsts from my POV unless maybe we were in the market for a franchise QB and were cashing all our chips in to go get Luck. Also, I don't think McClellin lasts until pick 62. I would swap 48 and 62.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!": [QUOTE]interesting... yesterday on the espn draft machine mclellin was listed on the second page of the board. today, he's on the board, basically jumping something like forty plus spots. has his stock been shooting up?  Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE] I definitely think he has been one of the risers so far. As of late, I have seen him going anywhere from 31-62, which is a big spread. Personally, I think he is a day 2 kid that will go off the board in the 40-55 range. Just my 2 cents. MB and crew probably have a better feel than me for where he will most likely go. He is someone I want the pats to get.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!": [QUOTE]I love this mock that was recently posted on nepatriotsdraft.com.  I kind of feel like our 2 late firsts are in no-mans-land as far as likely talent available, so I love the trade-up idea this year. Trade 27 & 31 to AZ for #13 & a 5th #13 Fletcher Cox #48 Jayron Hosley #62 Shea McClellin #94 Ron Brooks 4th Rnd Greg Childs 5th Rnd Tom Compton; OT South Dakota Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE] If you read everything this year on where the talent is in this draft you are probably right. However, BB' MO would be to trade both first out or down rather than the other way. The rookie pay scale however might change that, and we seem to have freed up plenty of cap space even with the new pay scale to go up high and grab someone at 13 or so. But my question still is around Cox... what is the consensus here guys.....is cox worth both our firsts?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!": If you read everything this year on where the talent is in this draft you are probably right. However, BB' MO would be to trade both first out or down rather than the other way. The rookie pay scale however might change that, and we seem to have freed up plenty of cap space even with the new pay scale to go up high and grab someone at 13 or so. But my question still is around Cox... what is the consensus here guys.....is cox worth both our firsts?

I think he could be worth pick 31, 63 and NEXT years 1st

follow that up with a move like pick 27 to the Eagles (who take Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams) for picks 46 and 51/

Then we have that stud 3-4 De force we have been missing to help Vince (like a better Ty Warren, lesser Seymour) and 3 middle of rd 2 picks that would all have to be borderline starters/major contributors from day 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!": If you read everything this year on where the talent is in this draft you are probably right. However, BB' MO would be to trade both first out or down rather than the other way. The rookie pay scale however might change that, and we seem to have freed up plenty of cap space even with the new pay scale to go up high and grab someone at 13 or so. But my question still is around Cox... what is the consensus here guys.....is cox worth both our firsts?

IMO Cox isn't worth both 1st rounders. I personally don't think Cox is a top 20 pick and I also don't think the talent gap between Cox and Reyes. I say that because in Cox's last season he was basically absent for the first 3/4 of the season. Actually his only two performances where you would put him ahead of Reyes were against SC and Kentucky. Short of that he had decent performances at the end of the season but nothing spectacular. At least not enough to say definatively that he is a top 20 pick.

Personally, even though Brockers combine wasn't nearly as strong, I saw more consistent play from Brockers last season with higher upside. I'd much rather have Brockers over Cox and I might even want Reyes over Cox too, simply because I really like Reyes motor and consistent play

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Live mock, haven't done this yet this year.

Make a pick (copy and paste, make your pick)  Wait 3 or 4 other picks before you make your next one.  Do ask if you make a pick for a team you look at the team needs so we can keep it as realistic as possible. 

I did the first two picks, those were "lucks".  See where this goes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pick Team Player Posit. Pick by
    1 Indianapolis Colts Andre Luck QB pats7393
    2 Was Redskins (StL) RGIII QB pats7393
    3 Minnesota Vikings      
    4 Cleveland Browns      
    5 TB Buccaneers      
    6 StL Rams(Was)      
    7 Jacksonville Jaguars      
    8 Miami Dolphins      
    9 Carolina Panthers      
    10 Buffalo Bills      
    11 Kansas City Chiefs