Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!
posted at 4/3/2012 10:46 AM EDT
Great time of the year to be a draftnik.So much is changing at a rapid pace. Here are a few moves gathering steam that Im personally cheering for. If they come to be, it will drive down some desired prospects to our picks.
1) Colby Fleener in the First round --- Exceptional Combine and Pro Day perfomances coupled with the successes of TE's in the NFL last year and Fleener's experience in a Pro Style System has scouts talking Fleener up as the 1st TE taken at the end of the 1st round.
2) Doug Martin to Cincinatti --- Cincinatti is on record as looking to take a RB early. Trent Richardson is most likely gone before either of Cincinatti's picks bringing Doug Martin into play. He has already worked out for Cincinatti.
3) Brock Osweiler--- After a great workout at His Proday,Gil Brandt of NFL.com Labeled Osweilwer as a potential 1st rounder. Im doubtful of this particular move but there is a possibility it happens as Osweiler had been mocked second round in quite a few mocks prior to his Pro Day.
4) Stephen Hill in the First.
5) Lamar Miller to the Broncos --- Though the Broncos have a big need at DT, John Fox has a rep for taking RB's early and with the older McGahee as their lead back and Cinci possibly picking Doug Martin, its highly likely the Broncos go with the best home run threat of this years draft in Lamar Miller. David Wilson is also a possibility here.
6) Jerel Worthy --- Quite possibly the highest upside 1 gap DT in this years draft. Consistency issues but would not at all be surprised to see him go as early as 15 to the eagles knowing Reid' love for picking DL early. Remember Worthy was a projected top 15 pick prior to this season.
7) Stephon Gilmore in the First.
I can see any of the above scenarios playing out on Draft Day. If they do happen, I think we see players like Michael Brockers (low college production especially as a pass rusher), Mark Barron ( concerns with hernia surgery), Janoris Jenkins( Character Concerns), Courtney Upshaw (lateral agility concerns) and even Dre Kirkpatrick (some character concerns) dropping within striking range. There has even been talk of Luke Kuechly falling to the end of the 1st owing to the lack of elite measurables and the devaluation of the ILB spot in today's game.
For this reason, I really hope we do not trade up. We have a strong possibility of getting High Caliber Players with picks 27 and 31 without having to move up.