***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!":
    In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I think he could be worth pick 31, 63 and NEXT years 1st follow that up with a move like pick 27 to the Eagles (who take Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams) for picks 46 and 51/ Then we have that stud 3-4 De force we have been missing to help Vince (like a better Ty Warren, lesser Seymour) and 3 middle of rd 2 picks that would all have to be borderline starters/major contributors from day 1. Posted by rameakap
    If cox is no Seymour, then to me he isn't worth 2 firsts and 63. I do,like trading 27 to the eagles if we can get back 46 and 51. That to me is a classic BB type of trade and with a friendly trade partner in Reid. Huge value in that range and we could grab 2 potential impact players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!:
    In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!": If cox is no Seymour, then to me he isn't worth 2 firsts and 63. I do,like trading 27 to the eagles if we can get back 46 and 51. That to me is a classic BB type of trade and with a friendly trade partner in Reid. Huge value in that range and we could grab 2 potential impact players.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Yeah a slightly better ty warren prob isn't worth that haul

Especially if Still, Reyes and Worthy are all going to be in the 27-31 range

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18!": If cox is no Seymour, then to me he isn't worth 2 firsts and 63. I do,like trading 27 to the eagles if we can get back 46 and 51. That to me is a classic BB type of trade and with a friendly trade partner in Reid. Huge value in that range and we could grab 2 potential impact players.
    Posted by PatsLifer

I brought this up a few days ago, when Peters went down and hearing now how much the Eagles have a hole at LT I'm convinced they look to come back in the first round.  They have a ton of picks but few roster spots.

They can move their RT to LT and draft a RT who would start day one.  They know they have to protect Vick.  I don't think at 15 there will be a OT worth of that pick.  If they trade Asante they can draft his replacement at 15 and someone who can play both inside and out, Jenkins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Posted by PatsLifer

Good point on Cox.  Trading away our 2 firsts for him may be a little too steep, although I do really like him.  The point is that if we could package our firsts to move up for the right guy, I'd be all for it.  If that can't happen, then I also like your idea of trading back with Philly.  I really just don't really like the guys who are projected to be on the board with picks 27-31.  There will be similar talent availabe mid-second round, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

interesting... yesterday on the espn draft machine mclellin was listed on the second page of the board. today, he's on the board, basically jumping something like forty plus spots. has his stock been shooting up? 
    Posted by seattlepat70

McCellin 's stock has risen faster than anyone's this year.  It's been very sudden too.  One day we was looked at like a late 2nd rounder at best, and then 3 days later, he's the 2nd best OLB out there after Melvin Ingram.  He could now go between 25-30.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

PickTeamPlayerPosit.Pick by
    1Indianapolis ColtsAndre LuckQBpats7393
    2Was Redskins (StL)RGIIIQBpats7393
    3Minnesota Vikings Matt Kalil OT wazzu
    4Cleveland Browns
    5TB Buccaneers
    6StL Rams(Was)
    7Jacksonville Jaguars
    8Miami Dolphins
    9Carolina Panthers
    10Buffalo Bills
    11Kansas City Chiefs
    12Seattle Seahawks
    13Arizona Cardinals
    14Dallas Cowboys
    15Philadelphia Eagles
    16New York Jets
    17Cincinnati Bengals (Oak)
    18San Diego Chargers
    19Chicago Bears
    20Tennessee Titans
    21Bengals
    22Browns (Atl)
    23Detroit Lions
    24Pittsburgh Steelers
    25Denver Broncos
    26Houston Texans
    27NE Patriots (NO)
    28Green Bay Packers
    29Baltimore Ravens
    30San Francisco 49ers
    31NE Patriots
    32New York Giants

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I love this mock that was recently posted on nepatriotsdraft.com.  I kind of feel like our 2 late firsts are in no-mans-land as far as likely talent available, so I love the trade-up idea this year. Trade 27 & 31 to AZ for #13 & a 5th #13 Fletcher Cox #48 Jayron Hosley #62 Shea McClellin #94 Ron Brooks 4th Rnd Greg Childs 5th Rnd Tom Compton; OT South Dakota
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer

Would be a ridiculous haul, IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

Great time of the year to be a draftnik.So much is changing at a rapid pace. Here are a few moves gathering steam that Im personally cheering for. If they come to be, it will drive down some desired prospects to our picks.

1) Colby Fleener in the First round --- Exceptional Combine and Pro Day perfomances coupled with the successes of TE's in the NFL last year and Fleener's experience in a Pro Style System has scouts talking Fleener up as the 1st TE taken at the end of the 1st round. 

2) Doug Martin to Cincinatti --- Cincinatti is on record as looking to take a RB early. Trent Richardson is most likely gone before either of Cincinatti's picks bringing Doug Martin into play. He has already worked out for Cincinatti.

3) Brock Osweiler--- After a great workout at His Proday,Gil Brandt of NFL.com Labeled Osweilwer as a potential 1st rounder. Im doubtful of this particular move but there is a possibility it happens as Osweiler had been mocked second round in quite a few mocks prior to his Pro Day.

4) Stephen Hill in the First.

5) Lamar Miller to the Broncos --- Though the Broncos have a big need at DT, John Fox has a rep for taking RB's early and with the older McGahee as their lead back and Cinci possibly picking Doug Martin, its highly likely the Broncos go with the best home run threat of this years draft in Lamar Miller. David Wilson is also a possibility here.

6) Jerel Worthy --- Quite possibly the highest upside 1 gap DT in this years draft. Consistency issues but would not at all be surprised to see him go as early as 15 to the eagles knowing Reid' love for picking DL early. Remember Worthy was a projected top 15 pick prior to this season.

7) Stephon Gilmore in the First.

I can see any of the above scenarios playing out on Draft Day. If they do happen, I think we see players like Michael Brockers (low college production especially as a pass rusher), Mark Barron ( concerns with hernia surgery), Janoris Jenkins( Character Concerns), Courtney Upshaw (lateral agility concerns) and even Dre Kirkpatrick  (some character concerns) dropping within striking range. There has even been talk of Luke Kuechly falling to the end of the 1st owing to the lack of elite measurables and the devaluation of the ILB spot in today's game.

For this reason, I really hope we do not trade up. We have a strong possibility of getting High Caliber Players with picks 27 and 31 without having to move up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Pick Team Player Posit. Pick by 1 Indianapolis Colts Andre Luck QB pats7393 2 Was Redskins (StL) RGIII QB pats7393 3 Minnesota Vikings       4 Cleveland Browns       5 TB Buccaneers       6 StL Rams(Was)       7 Jacksonville Jaguars       8 Miami Dolphins       9 Carolina Panthers       10 Buffalo Bills       11 Kansas City Chiefs       12 Seattle Seahawks       13 Arizona Cardinals       14 Dallas Cowboys       15 Philadelphia Eagles       16 New York Jets       17 Cincinnati Bengals (Oak)       18 San Diego Chargers       19 Chicago Bears       20 Tennessee Titans       21 Bengals       22 Browns (Atl)       23 Detroit Lions       24 Pittsburgh Steelers       25 Denver Broncos       26 Houston Texans       27 NE Patriots (NO)       28 Green Bay Packers       29 Baltimore Ravens       30 San Francisco 49ers       31 NE Patriots       32 New York Giants      
    Posted by Pats7393

i was wondering when you would get this going.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

3Minnesota Vikings Matt Kalil OT wazzu
    4Cleveland Browns             Justin Blackmon WR trustBill
    5TB Buccaneers
    6StL Rams(Was)
    7Jacksonville Jaguars
    8Miami Dolphins
    9Carolina Panthers
    10Buffalo Bills
    11Kansas City Chiefs
    12Seattle Seahawks
    13Arizona Cardinals
    14Dallas Cowboys
    15Philadelphia Eagles
    16New York Jets
    18San Diego Chargers
    19Chicago Bears
    20Tennessee Titans
    21Bengals
    22Browns (Atl)
    23Detroit Lions
    24Pittsburgh Steelers
    25Denver Broncos
    26Houston Texans
    27NE Patriots (NO)
    28Green Bay Packers
    29Baltimore Ravens
    30San Francisco 49ers
    31NE Patriots
    32New York Giants

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BPA for Tampa Bay:

3Minnesota VikingsMatt KalilOTwazzu
    4Cleveland Browns             Justin BlackmonWRtrustBill
    5TB BuccaneersMorris ClaiborneCBmb
    6StL Rams(Was)   
    7Jacksonville Jaguars   
    8Miami Dolphins   
    9Carolina Panthers   
    10Buffalo Bills   
    11Kansas City Chiefs   
    12Seattle Seahawks   
    13Arizona Cardinals   
    14Dallas Cowboys   
    15Philadelphia Eagles   
    16New York Jets   
    18San Diego Chargers   
    19Chicago Bears   
    20Tennessee Titans   
    21Bengals   
    22Browns (Atl)   
    23Detroit Lions   
    24Pittsburgh Steelers   
    25Denver Broncos   
    26Houston Texans   
    27NE Patriots (NO)   
    28Green Bay Packers   
    29Baltimore Ravens   
    30San Francisco 49ers   
    31NE Patriots   
    32New York Giants   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hrm Claiborne for TB. I can see it MB but they have a serious hard on for Richardson

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Hrm Claiborne for TB. I can see it MB but they have a serious hard on for Richardson
    Posted by PatsEng

I can see it go both ways, Clayborne is a CB you don't get a shot at too often.  Although Richardson is excellent, I tend to believe a RB its easier to find than a shut down (projection) type CB.  They need as many of those in the NFL south with all the WRs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I can see it go both ways, Clayborne is a CB you don't get a shot at too often.  Although Richardson is excellent, I tend to believe a RB its easier to find than a shut down (projection) type CB.  They need as many of those in the NFL south with all the WRs.
    Posted by Pats7393

This is true, just everything I've been hearing is that TB already has Richardson penciled in as the starting RB right now and the only way they don't take Richardson is if Clev takes him first

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Posted by PatsEng

I'm sure Richardson has caused increased blood flow to the lower regions of most NFL GM's/Personnel types. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey MB, here's a name from the past as an option to move to FS, DeQuan Menzie. He held his own with teams QB's throwing away from Kirkpatrick, has good coverage skills (a little tight in the hips) and can read a play fairly well. He might be an option in the 3rd-4th round range to convert over to the FS spot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Great time of the year to be a draftnik.So much is changing at a rapid pace. Here are a few moves gathering steam that Im personally cheering for. If they come to be, it will drive down some desired prospects to our picks. 1) Colby Fleener in the First round --- Exceptional Combine and Pro Day perfomances coupled with the successes of TE's in the NFL last year and Fleener's experience in a Pro Style System has scouts talking Fleener up as the 1st TE taken at the end of the 1st round.  2) Doug Martin to Cincinatti --- Cincinatti is on record as looking to take a RB early. Trent Richardson is most likely gone before either of Cincinatti's picks bringing Doug Martin into play. He has already worked out for Cincinatti. 3) Brock Osweiler--- After a great workout at His Proday,Gil Brandt of NFL.com Labeled Osweilwer as a potential 1st rounder. Im doubtful of this particular move but there is a possibility it happens as Osweiler had been mocked second round in quite a few mocks prior to his Pro Day. 4) Stephen Hill in the First. 5) Lamar Miller to the Broncos --- Though the Broncos have a big need at DT, John Fox has a rep for taking RB's early and with the older McGahee as their lead back and Cinci possibly picking Doug Martin, its highly likely the Broncos go with the best home run threat of this years draft in Lamar Miller. David Wilson is also a possibility here. 6) Jerel Worthy --- Quite possibly the highest upside 1 gap DT in this years draft. Consistency issues but would not at all be surprised to see him go as early as 15 to the eagles knowing Reid' love for picking DL early. Remember Worthy was a projected top 15 pick prior to this season. 7) Stephon Gilmore in the First. I can see any of the above scenarios playing out on Draft Day. If they do happen, I think we see players like Michael Brockers (low college production especially as a pass rusher), Mark Barron ( concerns with hernia surgery), Janoris Jenkins( Character Concerns), Courtney Upshaw (lateral agility concerns) and even Dre Kirkpatrick  (some character concerns) dropping within striking range. There has even been talk of Luke Kuechly falling to the end of the 1st owing to the lack of elite measurables and the devaluation of the ILB spot in today's game. For this reason, I really hope we do not trade up. We have a strong possibility of getting High Caliber Players with picks 27 and 31 without having to move up. 
    Posted by speedster81

How amazing would it be to get Kuechly at 27?

We could play an elite 4-3 with just him and personnel we have now:

Mayo - Kuechly - Nink
    Fanene - Love/Brace - Wilfork - Deaderick

With hopefully an eventually healthy Carter and another draft pick bringing some pass-rushing at DE as well.

With the 3-4 we'd go w/ Luke over Spikes on passing downs:

Nink  - Mayo - Spikes/Kuechly - Cunningham/Scott

Fanene/Love - Wilfork - Deaderick/Brace

With hopefully the 4-3 DE we draft being able to play some 3-4 OLB and the addition of a 3-4 DE as well.

Really the front 7 could use 3 players, so a guy like McClellin or Hightower who can play inside or out in a 3-4, should have a lot of value to the Pats

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : This is true, just everything I've been hearing is that TB already has Richardson penciled in as the starting RB right now and the only way they don't take Richardson is if Clev takes him first
    Posted by PatsEng

Might be posturing, hopping someone trades up to get richarson almost guarantying them Claiborne.  How much does Barber have in the tank?  

If it was my team I would pass on Richarson and take the CB.  I know their RB is no Richardson but not a bad one.  If they can get another change of pace RB in later in the draft I think they'll take that.  They have the Vjax, Ds can't stack the box now.  Their running game already improved.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Hey MB, here's a name from the past as an option to move to FS, DeQuan Menzie. He held his own with teams QB's throwing away from Kirkpatrick, has good coverage skills (a little tight in the hips) and can read a play fairly well. He might be an option in the 3rd-4th round range to convert over to the FS spot
    Posted by PatsEng

I agree, have him along with ND's Robert Blanton and TA&M's Coryell Judie as middle round candidates that could move from CB to S.  As for late round-URFA types, Neiko Thorpe (Auburn) is an intriguing size/speed combo with experience at both CB and S and a lot of SEC starts under his belt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

What do you all think about Audie Cole, NC State as an OLB?

He played OLB in a 43 before moving to MLB, really good in coverage and at stopping the run.  Not a pass rusher, more a blitzer right now but wasn't asked to be a pass rusher.  I like the instincts and motor on this kid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

What do you all think about Audie Cole, NC State as an OLB? He played OLB in a 43 before moving to MLB, really good in coverage and at stopping the run.  Not a pass rusher, more a blitzer right now but wasn't asked to be a pass rusher.  I like the instincts and motor on this kid.
    Posted by Pats7393

I'm a fan.  Good height/weight combo, versatile kid, moves well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I'm a fan.  Good height/weight combo, versatile kid, moves well.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I can envision him as a 4 down player, maybe needs a year or two to get there but I really like how quickly he reads and reacts.

If I'm not mistaken he had a pretty good game against BC.  Wanted to watch Kuechly came out wanting to see more of Cole.  I know sad, got notes on games I watch.  

Damn I'm such a frustrated scout wanna be lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I can envision him as a 4 down player, maybe needs a year or two to get there but I really like how quickly he reads and reacts. If I'm not mistaken he had a pretty good game against BC.  Wanted to watch Kuechly came out wanting to see more of Cole.  I know sad, got notes on games I watch.   Damn I'm such a frustrated scout wanna be lol
    Posted by Pats7393

Notes are essential with the qty of players that need to be evaluated every season!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V2 ADDED 2/18! : I'm a fan.  Good height/weight combo, versatile kid, moves well.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I see a lot of situations where we'd have to draft two guys, say Cole (3-4 MLB and 4-3 OLB) and Lewis (Elephant DE and a more traditional 3-4 OLB) when we could just draft ONE guy in McClellin or Hightower, who can potentially play in all 4 of those spots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'd take Hightower for the versatility and because Kuechly will not be there. I like McClellen later and maybe Cox late first. To be honest I really think the two best MLB/ILBs (Hightower and Kuechly) will be gone by #27 so BB would have to trade up....something I highly doubt he does.

Sections
Shortcuts