***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    Some players I've enjoyed watching film on. (Skipped many players with no real chance of being in range) Pure Pass Rushers with VERY quick 1st steps Andre Branch Bruce Irvin Nick Perry All around DE/OLB types Chandler Jones Shea McClellin Vinny Curry Donte Hightower (Yes HERE, I don't think he's very good as an ILB, good blitzer but engages blocker like he's blocking back using his shoulder and turning his body sideways, rarely makes a play because he's been turned, off balance, and let the blocker into his body) DT/DE types Michael Brockers Devon Still Brandon Thompson Kendall Reyes Derek Wolfe Jared Crick Receivers Marvin Jones Mohamed Sanu Chris Givens Greg Childs Safeties Mark Barron Harrison SMith Brandon Taylor Running Backs David Wilson Doug Martin Isaiah Pead Chris Polk Inside Linebackers James-Michael Johnson Miles Burris Tank Carder Guard Amini Silatolu DB Josh Robinson Casey Hayward Jamell Flemming Brandon Boykin Over-rated Courtney Upshaw Dre Kirkpatrick Dontari Poe Whitney Mercilus Lavonte David Trumaine Johnson Ladarius Green Zach Brown Good but knuckleheads LaMichael James Janoris Jenkins ...just my opinion based mostly on various youtube clips per individual.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I'd urge you to check out Oklahoma's Ronnell Lewis (if you haven't already).  Kid looks like an excellent LB fit for NE and could play in either scheme.

Doesn't have the preferred height/length (6-2 255), but has adequate size, excellent strength and versatility (played a lot of 43 DE in college which prob hindered his sack totals), very good timed/play speed, excellent athleticism, plays a ferocius brand of football with an awesome motor and will impact on ST... kid's a tone setter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Hey Mb, Thanks for your support on Harrison Smith.  You and I seem to be the lone wolves on this kid but you know what, I don't mind.  Mayock has just jumped on the bus ranking him #28 overall.  Smith is the real deal guys!!!  Mb is so correct on this.  This kid can play FS, I have no doubt in my mind.  Didn't anyone else watch him at the Combine coming out of his back pedal?  He has the hips of a corner. But I differ a little with Mb in that while I agree he can hold his own with backs and TEs, I think in our zone scheme he is perfect for providing deep cover.  He isn't going to be asked to cover the slot very often.  That's what nickel backs do.  Only if we can't sub, and he has to, may he find himself locked up with the slot receiver, like in hurry up situations.  Most of the time, he is going to be asked to cover the deep center and TEs and RBs coming into his zone.  With his long-as-crap arms and great instincts, he can get over to either side of the field to help out and break up passes.  Plus he will cover the middle of the field as good as anyone we've had in years.  Plus he will be a tackling machine even in the run game, even as a free safety in our scheme.  You won't be seeing a broken tackle (Moore, Arrington and others) turned into 20 more yards.  You're going to see catch, splat and if we're lucky, ball separation.  We'll just have to wait and see who gets him but if the Pats do, Mb would like a case of beer and I, a fine bottle of scotch compliments of all you nay sayers out there.  I don't know what Mb drinks but I'll take a bottle of McCallan 18.  While you're at it, throw in some Havanas:)))). Who's on? 
    Posted by Faucetman

Ha, no prob man... I go by what I see!

I'd take a dirty 30 of Coors Light or a case of Leinenkugel Summer Shandy (worth a try if you can get it, awesome summer beer).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

NFL.com's Chad Reuters mocked the entire draft, here are his Pats projections... 1 (27) Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama 1 (31) Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut 2 (48) Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama 2 (62) Lamar Miller, RB, Miami 3 (93) Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma 4 (126) Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State I would be pretty happy with this...
    Posted by mcboyd22

I don't like the idea of taking the gamble on Jenkins that early. Maybe at #62 or if we got and extra 3rd I'd pull the trigger but to me #48 is still an extremely valuable pick that you can find a potential starter without the red flags (ala Curry or even Reyes might fall there)

Also I don't like the idea of spending another high round pick on a RB. They have short enough careers as is and spending 3 relatively high picks on RB's in 2 years to me just seems like another position that could have been filled. I'd rather grab a vet and trust the younger guys then to grab another RB in the back of the 2nd

Other then that I would be pretty excited about this draft. Heck even with taking the risk on Jenkins and another RB I would feel they have some good potential in the list taken

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Michael Lombardi's latest mock, McClelling top 20.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

McClellin's value seems to be ascending, however, I see alot of mocks where the Pats take him and Harrison Smith with the two firsts. I think BB should send out smoke signals that he wants TE Fleener and get someone to trade up. If Hightower is there at #27 (doubtful) he should do the same thing. My problem with Jenkins is not the weed, but the run ins with the law and some bad decisions. Just looks alot like PacMan revisted. Ask youself this question is Jenkins a better value than Hernandez. One managed to keep is status at FLA, the other did not. Maybe BB's buddy Meyer can give him some insights, but I would not use 48 or higher to draft a potential headcase.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I'd urge you to check out Oklahoma's Ronnell Lewis (if you haven't already).  Kid looks like an excellent LB fit for NE and could play in either scheme. Doesn't have the preferred height/length (6-2 255), but has adequate size, excellent strength and versatility (played a lot of 43 DE in college which prob hindered his sack totals), very good timed/play speed, excellent athleticism, plays a ferocius brand of football with an awesome motor and will impact on ST... kid's a tone setter.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Thanks MB I have seen him and like him a lot. Just forgot him on my list. He was actually a guy then led me to my upshaw over rated feeling. I don't think there is much difference between the two and might like Lewis a lil better  but one was being talked about in the top 15 forever and the other as a 2nd-3rd rounder.

Not to mention Lewis measurables were better in every category, 40, 10 split, 3 cone, bench, shuttle, vert, and broad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Thanks MB I have seen him and like him a lot. Just forgot him on my list. He was actually a guy then led me to my upshaw over rated feeling. I don't think there is much difference between the two and might like Lewis a lil better  but one was being talked about in the top 15 forever and the other as a 2nd-3rd rounder. Not to mention Lewis measurables were better in every category, 40, 10 split, 3 cone, bench, shuttle, vert, and broad.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Cool man.

What don't you like about Upshaw?  I think he's a very good football player, makes plays behind the LOS, consistently good motor, very physical and could be the best run defender of any of the edge guys in this class. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

SI's Tony Pauline reports that the Ravens "will jump" at the opportunity to draft Boise State LB Shea McClellin if he's available at No. 29.

But will he get by the Patriots at 27, and Packers at 28? Pauline points to Wisconsin G/C Peter Konz as a fallback option for Baltimore. It's worth noting that exactly 365 days ago, Pauline reported the Ravens "will grab" Colorado CB Jimmy Smith if he was available at last year's No. 26 overall pick. Baltimore traded down one spot, and drafted Smith at No. 27 overall.
    Source: TFY Draft
    Apr 25 - 12:48 PM

According to SI's Tony Pauline, "several teams around the league" grade Alabama S Mark Barron as a top-six player on their draft boards.

The insinuation here is that Barron is the highest rated player behind the five "elite" prospects -- Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, Matt Kalil, and Morris Claiborne. NFL Network's Mike Mayock recently suggested Barron as a sleeper to be the eighth overall pick, going to the Dolphins. Barron could also go No. 10 to Buffalo, and he won't get by Dallas at No. 14.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Beau,

Whats up with this guy?

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "some teams" view West Virginia OLB Bruce Irvin as "maybe" the top pass rusher in the draft.

Per Schefter, Irvin is "very desired around the league." Irvin has elite athleticism, but was already dealing with questions about his character before he was arrested for destruction of property the day after his March Pro Day. Despite his high-ceiling, he's not in the first-round mix.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Beau, Whats up with this guy? According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "some teams" view West Virginia OLB Bruce Irvin as "maybe" the top pass rusher in the draft. Per Schefter, Irvin is "very desired around the league." Irvin has elite athleticism, but was already dealing with questions about his character before he was arrested for destruction of property the day after his March Pro Day. Despite his high-ceiling, he's not in the first-round mix.
    Posted by Getzo

Kid has huge upside as an edge rusher and should be able to provide value early in that capacity.  The knock on him is his off field character (plays hard on the field though) and that he's a bit of a one trick pony. (pass rusher only). 

IMO, if you can land this kid in Rd 3, you do it (assuming they haven't already taken 2 pass rushers in Rd 1/2, etc.) and utilize him situationally while the rest of his game develops as he possesses excellent speed/quicks/COD and athleticism.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Kid has huge upside as an edge rusher and should be able to provide value early in that capacity.  The knock on him is his off field character (plays hard on the field though) and that he's a bit of a one trick pony. (pass rusher only).  IMO, if you can land this kid in Rd 3, you do it (assuming they haven't already taken 2 pass rushers in Rd 1/2, etc.) and utilize him situationally while the rest of his game develops as he possesses excellent speed/quicks/COD and athleticism.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

So he replaces Mark Anderson?  That's the hope I guess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : So he replaces Mark Anderson?  That's the hope I guess.
    Posted by Getzo

He'd help replace some of Anderson's pure pass rush ability, yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": Because drafting McClellin is something I want BB to do. Just like I wanted him (as most of,us did) to draft brooks reed and Connor bar win. Its a somewhat logical pick, a lot,of us want this, and therefore, BB won't do,it....lol
    Posted by PatsLifer

oh! of course!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

NFL.com's Chad Reuters mocked the entire draft, here are his Pats projections... 1 (27) Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama 1 (31) Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut 2 (48) Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama 2 (62) Lamar Miller, RB, Miami 3 (93) Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma 4 (126) Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State I would be pretty happy with this...
    Posted by mcboyd22

thats not bad!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

McClellin's value seems to be ascending, however, I see alot of mocks where the Pats take him and Harrison Smith with the two firsts. I think BB should send out smoke signals that he wants TE Fleener and get someone to trade up. If Hightower is there at #27 (doubtful) he should do the same thing. My problem with Jenkins is not the weed, but the run ins with the law and some bad decisions. Just looks alot like PacMan revisted. Ask youself this question is Jenkins a better value than Hernandez. One managed to keep is status at FLA, the other did not. Maybe BB's buddy Meyer can give him some insights, but I would not use 48 or higher to draft a potential headcase.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

i believe it was on nfl network last night i saw a comment from one of the draft guys saying urban myer lvoed jenkins. (dont know how old the reference alluded to.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Michael Lombardi won't say which team flew Bruce Irvin to a private workout and told him they are picking him in the 1st round.  According to Lombardi there was a helicopter involved lol his words not mine, saw it at NFL path to the draft no link.

So where was Irwin at?  Know that and I know which teams are within helicopter range lol  If he was back at WV a team like Steelers or Baltimore are both in that max range for a helicopter and both are in the mid to late 20s.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Some believe that Irvin is the best pure pass rusher in the draft. The issue as MB pointed out is that he's a one trick pony. He's horrible against the run and can't cover worth a lick so he's situational at best. That could be an issue as many 1 trick ponies fall in the pro's because teams figure them out and they are no longer affective (ie Anderson after his first year in Chi and in Hou before breaking back out in NE)

The other thing about Irvin is that he has serious red flags: assault, destruction of property, dropping out of high school, dealing drugs after dropping out and was arrested as recently as two weeks ago

Between being a 1 trick pony and the red flags I might stay clear of him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

On the Eve on Draft Day, here is my final prediction of what BB and the Patriots will do to improve the roster this weekend.  At one time I had NE trading up for Barron, and while I still think that is a slim possibility, I find it more likely that Belichick will do what Belichick does and trade down for better value and similar talent.  Enjoy!

#37 (From Clev) BB does what he does best and selects another player with a 1st round grade, who fell a bit due to concussion issues. Shea McClellin OLB/DE BSU gets the nod here. Although the 3 concussions in college are a concern, McClellin's motor and ability win the Patriots over. After passing on Clay Matthews several years ago, BB is happy to pounce on this pass-rusher who has drawn many comparisons to Clay. Cleveland sends NE pick #37, their 2012 4th, & a 2013 3rd in exchange for #31, where they select QB Brandon Weeden.

#49  (From San Diego)  Patriots get a top 10 talent here, but not without some considerable risk. Janoris Jenkins is one of the more controversial figures in this draft.  His talent is unquestionable, as he may be the best cover-corner in this draft, but his multiple arrests/repeated marijuana issues/questionable decision making have dealt his draft stock a serious blow. NE has the kind of leadership in the locker room that can help a guy like Jenkins keep things on the right track, and BB has shown that he isn't afraid to take a gamble on guys with "character concerns" in the past. This pick was acquired, along with a 2013 first rounder, from San Diego as they lept up to 27 to select Brockers.

#51 (From Philly) A suprise pick here for some, but I love the coverage skills of this Big 12 LB from Nebraska, Lavonte David. This kid may be a bit undersized, but he plays bigger than he is, and his ability to cover slot recievers and TEs is something that NE's defense was sorely missing last season. He has terrific speed and could also be a pass rushing asset for the Patriots. BB keeps the annual trade streak with Andy Reid alive here, as Philly jumps up to grab Zach Brown, giving NE this pick (51), and a 2013 5th.

#75 (From KC) Finally Pats fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as the safety position get addressed here in the form of Brandon Taylor S LSU. Taylor is not the flashiest name in the draft, but he is a very solid player who will be a huge upgrade in the Patriot's secondary. Solid player who has been battle-tested against the best conference in the country. KC moved up to pick 62 in exchange for this pick (75) a 6th this year, and a 2013 2nd.

#93 Josh Chapman DT Bama. I think this could be a classic BB "plan for the future" value pick. I think Chapman is an under-rated prospect in this class. He looks like he could fit perfectly as a NT in a 3-4, and I believe NE could draft him with the idea that he could be the replacement for Wilfork when the sad day comes when Big Vince hangs it up. Love the value here.

#100 (From Clev) Jaye Howard DE/DT Florida Howard could be a steal here. He was great against the run at Florida, but has the ability to penetrate the pocket with a powerful bull-rush. Played mostly on the interior of the DL in college, but has a quick enough first step to play as a 5 tech for NE.

#126 Although already crowded at WR after a busy FA period, BB still decides to bring a talented rookie in. Greg Childs WR Arkansas would have never been available here were it not for an ACL injury. He has recovered well from it, however, as evidence of his outstanding Pro Day. This guy could be the big, fast, physical outside threat that we as Patriot fans have been craving since Moss left town. Child's relationship with college teammate Ryan Mallet probably doesn't hurt either...

6th round (From KC) Tom Compton OT South Dakota 6'6" OT who has pretty good footwork. Fits the mold for what BB like in OTs as far as size. Pretty raw coming from a small program, but Scar could coach this guy up really well. Likely a Practice Squad kid to begin with, but likely would develop into a valuable reserve OT with Light gone and Vollmer's back a constant worry.         

So...to summarize, I predict we will walk away from the 2012 draft with:
    Shea McClellin
    Janoris Jenkins
    Lavonte David
    Brandon Taylor
    Josh Chapman
    Jaye Howard
    Greg Childs
    Tom Compton
    2013 1st Rounder from SD
    2013 2nd Rounder from KC
    2013 3rd Rounder from Clev
    2013 5th Rounder from Philly

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Here is my final mock draft.  Again, let me know what you think.

#27 Derek Wolfe-DE/DT-Cincinnatti 
    Yes, I understand this is a reach, but this seems to be consistant with what the Pats have been doing for years.  Wolfe is a solid 2nd round prospect, but the Pats have always grabbed players that they wanted, even if it meant it was a little early.  Nate Solder was viewed as a late 1st, early 2nd round prospect, they took him in the mid 1st.  Devin McCourty was viewed as a mid 2nd rounder, the Pats took him at the end of the first.  Taking Wolfe would seem to be in line with their past tendencies.  Plus, they are getting a very productive player.  He is a very strong pass rusher, and solid against the run too.  He works hard, and played at every position on the line in college.  I think he can step in and be our starting 3-4 DE on Day One.

#31 Traded to Cleveland for #37 and #101
    Cleveland trades up for Brandon Weeden, as many expect them too.  As much as I'd like them to come out of Round One with Shea McClellin and Harrison Smith, it won't happen.

#37 Vinny Curry-DE/OLB-Marshall
    He has been one of the most consistant pass rushers in all of college football throughout his college career, as opposed to one-year wonders like Whitney Mercellius.  He is versatile and has good speed and strength, so he can play both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB.  He is a phenomenal pass rusher, and solid against the run.  He's a hard worker, and is a durable and experienced 3 year starter. He also has ideal BB size at 6-4 268.

#48 Brandon Boykin-CB/KR/PR-Georgia
    A very solid, but some what undersized corner, Boykin should help provide depth at the DB position for the Patriots.  He is very good in zone coverage, and was often thrown away from.  He even played some offense, where he showed solid hands.  Boykin is also a top notch Kick Returner, which will help fix an area of need for the Patriots.

#62 TRADED to Arizona for #81 and 2013 2nd
    Arizona jumps into the 2nd as they lost their pick in the Kevin Kolb deal.  NE gets one of their coveted 2013 picks.

#81 Ron Brooks-FS/CB-LSU
    Yeah he wasn't a starter, but LSU's defensive backfield is STACKED.  At CB, he would have had to surpass Top 5 picks in Morris Clairborne and Patrick Peterson, as well as Tyrann Mathieu who could be a 1st rounder next year. At FS, LSU has Eric Reid who is viewed as a 1st round pick in next years draft. That left little room for Brooks, but he flashed talent when he played.  I think NE will like the speedy Brooks at FS, finally addressing their need at the position.

#94 Traded to Arizona for #113 and a 2013 3rd
    BB gets a 4th and a future pick that he loves.  Arizona wants to make a run for the money, and trades back into the 3rd, giving BB another 4th to work with.

#113 Ryan Broyles-WR-Oklahoma
    He was dynamic before getting injured, and seems to be in the mold of a typical Patriot WR.  While he is largely a slot receiver, he can also go deep once in a while.  He has phenomenal hands and runs good routes.  The only reason the Pats get him here is because of an ACL injury.  But we are in position to put him on the PUP/IR this year, and let him develop.

#126 Traded to Philly for #153 and #196
    BB has to keep the streak alive, and Philly has an abudance of late round picks. Might as well cash in on some of them mid way through.

#153 Audie Cole-LB-NC State
    Solid against both the pass and the run, Cole is an experienced leader on defense.  He was highly productive in college, and has the traits that BB looks for in his LB'ers.  While Cole may not be the best linebacker in coverage, he will suffice, as the Pats have far greater needs.

#196 Joe Long-OT-Wayne St
    Just some depth along the O-Line.  Long is the younger brother of the Dolphins' Jake, and could be a DII sleeper.  Won a few awards at the DII level.

While this isn't my ideal draft, it seems like what BB would do. Still, we fill all our holes, and come up with 2nd and 3rd round picks for next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So Mayock had NE taking Perry/Smith at 27/31 in his mock, which was televised on the NFL network.

By his own admission, he had Perry 49th on his board, while he had McClellin (who was given to GB at 28) 14th overall on his board and likened him to Vrabel.  Confusing to say the least...  He then gave Hightower to Baltimore at 29.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

On the Eve on Draft Day, here is my final prediction of what BB and the Patriots will do to improve the roster this weekend.  At one time I had NE trading up for Barron, and while I still think that is a slim possibility, I find it more likely that Belichick will do what Belichick does and trade down for better value and similar talent.  Enjoy! #37 (From Clev) BB does what he does best and selects another player with a 1st round grade, who fell a bit due to concussion issues. Shea McClellin OLB/DE BSU gets the nod here. Although the 3 concussions in college are a concern, McClellin's motor and ability win the Patriots over. After passing on Clay Matthews several years ago, BB is happy to pounce on this pass-rusher who has drawn many comparisons to Clay. Cleveland sends NE pick #37, their 2012 4th, & a 2013 3rd in exchange for #31, where they select QB Brandon Weeden. #49  (From San Diego)  Patriots get a top 10 talent here, but not without some considerable risk. Janoris Jenkins is one of the more controversial figures in this draft.  His talent is unquestionable, as he may be the best cover-corner in this draft, but his multiple arrests/repeated marijuana issues/questionable decision making have dealt his draft stock a serious blow. NE has the kind of leadership in the locker room that can help a guy like Jenkins keep things on the right track, and BB has shown that he isn't afraid to take a gamble on guys with "character concerns" in the past. This pick was acquired, along with a 2013 first rounder, from San Diego as they lept up to 27 to select Brockers. #51 (From Philly) A suprise pick here for some, but I love the coverage skills of this Big 12 LB from Nebraska, Lavonte David. This kid may be a bit undersized, but he plays bigger than he is, and his ability to cover slot recievers and TEs is something that NE's defense was sorely missing last season. He has terrific speed and could also be a pass rushing asset for the Patriots. BB keeps the annual trade streak with Andy Reid alive here, as Philly jumps up to grab Zach Brown, giving NE this pick (51), and a 2013 5th. #75 (From KC) Finally Pats fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as the safety position get addressed here in the form of Brandon Taylor S LSU. Taylor is not the flashiest name in the draft, but he is a very solid player who will be a huge upgrade in the Patriot's secondary. Solid player who has been battle-tested against the best conference in the country. KC moved up to pick 62 in exchange for this pick (75) a 6th this year, and a 2013 2nd. #93 Josh Chapman DT Bama . I think this could be a classic BB "plan for the future" value pick. I think Chapman is an under-rated prospect in this class. He looks like he could fit perfectly as a NT in a 3-4, and I believe NE could draft him with the idea that he could be the replacement for Wilfork when the sad day comes when Big Vince hangs it up. Love the value here. #100 (From Clev) Jaye Howard DE/DT Florida Howard could be a steal here. He was great against the run at Florida, but has the ability to penetrate the pocket with a powerful bull-rush. Played mostly on the interior of the DL in college, but has a quick enough first step to play as a 5 tech for NE. #126 Although already crowded at WR after a busy FA period, BB still decides to bring a talented rookie in. Greg Childs WR Arkansas would have never been available here were it not for an ACL injury. He has recovered well from it, however, as evidence of his outstanding Pro Day. This guy could be the big, fast, physical outside threat that we as Patriot fans have been craving since Moss left town. Child's relationship with college teammate Ryan Mallet probably doesn't hurt either... 6th round (From KC) Tom Compton OT South Dakota 6'6" OT who has pretty good footwork. Fits the mold for what BB like in OTs as far as size. Pretty raw coming from a small program, but Scar could coach this guy up really well. Likely a Practice Squad kid to begin with, but likely would develop into a valuable reserve OT with Light gone and Vollmer's back a constant worry.          So...to summarize, I predict we will walk away from the 2012 draft with: Shea McClellin Janoris Jenkins Lavonte David Brandon Taylor Josh Chapman Jaye Howard Greg Childs Tom Compton 2013 1st Rounder from SD 2013 2nd Rounder from KC 2013 3rd Rounder from Clev 2013 5th Rounder from Philly
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer

sign me up for that!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaflentje. Show jaflentje's posts

I hope we draft Courtney Upshaw!! Great Kid and gets to the ball!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

So Mayock had NE taking Perry/Smith at 27/31 in his mock, which was televised on the NFL network. By his own admission, he had Perry 49th on his board, while he had McClellin (who was given to GB at 28) 14th overall on his board and likened him to Vrabel.  Confusing to say the least...  He then gave Hightower to Baltimore at 29.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I would actually be okay with getting these two in the first round.  I think Perry has a solid skillset and could really excell in our defense.  I think #31 is a slight reach for Smith, but he is a very solid player who has virtually no "bust-potential."  We could certainly do worse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

secondary players i would not mind the pats picking up on the third day

coty sensabaugh, cb, clemson
    eddie pleasant, s, oregon

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I hope we draft Courtney Upshaw!! Great Kid and gets to the ball!!!
    Posted by jaflentje

I have both Upshaw and Hightower at the top of my list, assuming Barron and Brockers are off the board.

Sections
Shortcuts