***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

I would seriously pay a couple of hundred bucks to watch a Draft Day telecast with Faucet, PatsEng, Mb and a couple of others. Compare these guys to what Bedard and Gasper and the other Globe lighweights write. It's like varsity and JV. Some New England sports cable channel give these guys a show!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]...DEFENSE 25 Players DE   26 Pryor '13 T. Scott 24 Cunningham DT 30 Wilfork '14 25 R. Brace '12   DT 26 Love '11 75 M. Martin   DE 30 J. Fanine '13 25 Deaderick '13   WLB 26 Mayo '16 25 D Fletcher '12 63 B. Irvin MLB 25 B Spikes '13 30 White '12   SLB 29 Ninkovich '13 B. Carpenter   LCB 23 Dowling '14 93 J. Jenkins   RCB 26 McCourty '14 26 Arrington '12 23 S Moore '12 SS 25 Chung '12 23 S. Brown   FS 27 H. Smith S. Gregory     SPECIAL TEAMS 3 PK 28 Gostkowski '14     P 25 Z. Mesko '13     LS 24 D Aiken    
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

that defensive depth chart does not inspire confidence in me that they will play much better than last year.

let me start at DL.
    i did not like love on 43 dt assignment
    i do not like fanene on 34 de
    neither of the DEs on the depth chart is a true 43 DE. sure you can plug in nink or cunningham, i just do not consider either one of them as starter quality 43 DE.
    bottomline, i'd prefer they draft DL upgrade in the form of someone who can play 43DE/34DT or better yet someone who can play either on 34 - reyes or thompson are my choices. 
    and faucet, if they pick poe at 27, i will trust that bb saw something in him.

let me shift to LB. you have them set up for 43. if that is the direction they go, i'd prefer a quicker mlb than spikes. he's great against the run, but his lack of quickness will be a liability against a good passing attack.

then there is the issue of that LB corps not being built to go 34. assuming nink keeps improving, i would not feel confident about depending on cunningham opposite nink. they need one more anderson/carter type player or better.

corner? i can't believe i will say this but we'll have to wait and see what dmc and rasi bring next year.

safety? any safety crew that gives s brown a chance to step on the field is a big problem to me. 

crowded or not, faucet, they need players who will push the bar at the starting spots. my baseball analogy to the situation is a team with many starters but none of the starters is a bona fide #1 or #2. they need to draft starting talent, not depth fillers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I would seriously pay a couple of hundred bucks to watch a Draft Day telecast with Faucet, PatsEng, Mb and a couple of others. Compare these guys to what Bedard and Gasper and the other Globe lighweights write. It's like varsity and JV. Some New England sports cable channel give these guys a show!!!!
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks man, save your coin... we can entertain on BDC for free.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

man, add SeattlePat to the telecast, that is a spot on analysis.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]man, add SeattlePat to the telecast, that is a spot on analysis.

you are a kind person. thanks.

i needed that. i was on the verge of throwing this computer onto the tv a few minutes ago. i am watching the red sox game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

I did not take you for a masochist SeattlePat. I watched BOTH the Bruins get beat and then the Sox crumble. Then I took in The Three Stooges movie which was like food poisoning it was so painfully lame. I may have to go to church tomorrow to confess my sins. But more likely I will be watching both the Sox and Bruins again and cursing my fate in life.
    Thank Bob Dee and Houston Antwine it is almost draft day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I did not take you for a masochist SeattlePat. I watched BOTH the Bruins get beat and then the Sox crumble. Then I took in The Three Stooges movie which was like food poisoning it was so painfully lame. I may have to go to church tomorrow to confess my sins. But more likely I will be watching both the Sox and Bruins again and cursing my fate in life. Thank Bob Dee and Houston Antwine it is almost draft day.

tomorrow is another day. hang in there, friend. believe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Yup, I am a Boston sports fan, why wouldn't I believe in tomorrow in the greatest sports town in America. Where else do you get a celebration like we did yesterday or at least one team championship every couple of years this century. Yeah, there are bad days like today, but they only make the good ones tastier.
    I am in for the ride, SPat, probably the same as everyone here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Couple of thoughts:
    On Smith - if BB grades him as a 1st rounder, then I don't see him worrying about taking him at 27 vs waiting for 31, unless there is someone he is much higher on at 27. If he grades him as a 2nd rounder, then I wouldn't be surprised to see BB take less than he would normally demand to move either 27 or 31 into the 33-37 range cause I don't think Smith makes it much past there.
    Poe and Brockers are similar in that a team drafting them is not drafting for college production but based on expectation/hope that they can develop with coaching. The difference with Brockers is that his value has been fairly constant  whereas Poe came from nowhere based on a single weekend of work and the further from that weekend we get the lower his stock falls. (I think most of us like the idea of Brockers falling and fear Poe - not sure exactly why.)
    On DBs - if we do not get Barron or Smith which I think is quite possible, then I would not be surprised at any CB or Safety we took at any point in the draft. I think with RasI and McC we have two corners who could be moved to safety if the DB(s) we drafted were more suited to CB than S. I think with the NFL being so pass happy a lot of teams are thinking more along the lines of 3 CB one S in terms of skill sets.
    I also think that this change to a pass happy NFL could point to another possible change in BB's strategic thinking and drafting. I would not be surprised if we drafted one of the 'undersized' but FAST LBs specifically for passing down sub packages. Our LB pass coverage skills are not great and BB experimented a few years ago with a sort of hybrid LB/S position. There are a few of those guys from late second round on that might just get picked. (240 lbs 4.5 ish speed.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Hey Guys, only 5 days till draft day!  I'm going take a stab at putting together a mock for the Patriots.  If we came away with a draft that looks something like this, I would be really happy.

#23 (From Det) Michael Brockers  DE/DT LSU   BB sends picks 31 & 62 to Detroit to move up and get their guy ahead of Denver.

#37 (From Clev) Harrison Smith  S  ND  I know MB & Faucet are very high on Smith.  I like him too, but not as a 1st rounder.  I question his athleticism to some degree, but I agree that he is a smart, sound player with good instincts that can make up for a lack of elite speed.  I would be much happier getting him here than at 27.  I think Clev trades up for Weeden, sending this pick (37) and their 3rd to NE to get him.

#51 (From Philly)  Brian Quick  WR  App St.  I just love this kid's upside.  I know we're crowded at WR after free agency, but I think there's room for a young talent like Quick.  BB keeps the annual trade streak with Andy Reid alive here, as Philly jumps up to grab Bobby Wagner, giving NE this pick (51), a 6th, & a 2013 7th.

#67 (From Clev)  Brandon Boykin  CB  Georgia  Boykin is a "boom or bust" guy in my opinion, but I like his upside here and I'm willing to gamble in the 3rd round.  With some solid coaching, he could develop into a great man-to-man corner, and his kick return abiltiy speaks for itself.

#93 Josh Chapman DT Bama. I think this could be a classic BB "plan for the future" value pick. I think Chapman is an under-rated prospect in this class. He looks like he could fit perfectly as a NT in a 3-4, and I believe NE could draft him with the idea that he could be the replacement for Wilfork when the sad day comes when Big Vince hangs it up.   Love the value here.

#126  Oliver Vernon  OLB Miami  Very raw player who has some off-the-field issues, but one of the most promising and athletic pass-rushing prospects in the draft. Has also shown the ability to play effectively in coverage.

6th round (From Philly)  Tom Compton OT South Dakota  6'6" OT who has pretty good footwork.  Fits the mold for what BB like in OTs as far as size.  Pretty raw coming from a small program, but Scar could coach this guy up really well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Who's the bigger CB conversion kid that you'd take ahead of Smith (that's how I interpreted the last portion of your post)?  Gilmore to me is the obvious name, but I think he's drafted as a CB first. Barron, Smith, Iloka, Martin, Taylor and maybe an Antonio Allen, etc. are kids that I think could come in and start/contribute to the S position year one (there isn't a lot of competition on the roster).     Toss in Gilmore and Johnson if you're looking for CB's who could prob play the position though I think Gilmore should/would be a CB first as mentioned above. Also, considering Brown and Ihedigbo were both undrafted, it's not unrealistic to think that other late round/URFA's in this class (ND CB/S Robert Blanton, Iowa S Jordan Bernstine, Oregon State CB/S Brandon Hardin, Auburn S Neiko Thorpe etc.) could be brought in to upgrade their spots. Lastly, I think DMC's move to S last season was out of necessity and while he can play the position, I think they want him at CB... strictly my opinion. Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] Gilmore would be it, but like you said, probably long gone at that point. I have Dennard later, but after his recent antics I can't see the pats looking at him. Given everything you and faucet have written in this topic lately, I believe Harrison smith is our best selection end of round 1. I put safety at a bigger need than olb, DT, de and, I think beyond smith, there really isn't a ton of top quality at that positionninnthis draft, where the former is depth all the way into round 3 and 4. This was my point..i don't see a ton of good safeties outside if Barron and smith. I don't see many cb conversion kids later either. To me tat means either the pats take smith, or they draft another corner that can pay ahead of Arrington, Moore and possibly McCourty. Given where we draft, i don't see a cb surpassing McCourty nor possibly Moore. Therefore smith makes the logical choice

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I'd agree.  Poe looks like a better athlete, with better explosion, but I don't see him finish a ton of plays or play with a consistent motor... I also don't see a ton of awareness.  Kid is definitely more potential than production... best case scenario for NE is some team taking him before 27, etc.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

agreed! athlete. not a football player.
    if it were "in his blood", with hsi elite size and agility, hed be lights out.
    give me a "football player".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Time to look at some data.  I've compared the top two S in the draft.  After these two there aren't any IMO worthy of a pick in the first three rounds.  Harrison Smith has acquitted himself nicely compared to Barron.  I looked at both of their full college careers and their last 3 years since Barron wasn't a starter as a freshman.  Harrison Smith - Notre Dame       Year TOT SOLO SACK FF INT 2008 57 39 3.5     2009 69 39   1   2010 91 55     7 2011 90 53   1   TOT 307 186 3.5 2 7 Mark Barron - Alabama     Year TOT SOLO SACK FF INT 2008 16 7 1.5     2009 76 43 0.5   7 2010 75 54 2 1 3 2011 68 43 1   2 TOT 235 147 5 1 12 Last 3 Years Comparison Harrison Smith - Notre Dame       Year TOT SOLO SACK FF INT 2009 69 39   1   2010 91 55     7 2011 90 53   1   TOT 250 147 0 2 7 Mark Barron - Alabama     Year TOT SOLO SACK FF INT 2009 76 43 0.5   7 2010 75 54 2 1 3 2011 68 43 1   2 TOT 219 140 3.5 1 12 I agree with Mb, we need size back there.  Barrett and Brown have size but neither can play.  Smith can play.  Mediocre TEs ate us up last year.  So we do not a S with size and skills to cover TEs and help out over the top.  I love Smith's range, length, movement skills, smarts, toughness, leadership and he loves to hit.  There are no character or injury concerns that I'm aware of.  The only knock I have on him is he draws too many flags for late or illegal hits.  But so did Rodney Harrison.  But we need an intimidator back there and we need someone who can tackle the ever bigger and stronger WRs in the league.  I'm sick of watching opposing WRs run through people and pick up 10-20 more yards.  Smith at 27.  I'm calling it, LOL.

if hes all that great.
    i didnt see rd 1 talent in the kid in my limited viewing.
    i thought his hips were very stiff.
    his agility seemed more like a linebacker.
    wansnt impressed by his speed.
    so i dont knwo that he would give us more cever abilty on agile tes
    sure he can tackle.
    he may or may not be better than chung, but next to chung he doesnt give us much i feel, especially as a rd 1 pick.
    if we go db high, id rather get an elite cb or elite fs (if we had the chance at that) or exceptional cover safety or get a potential elite dl or wr/te

someone who will make turnovers, score, or the de can be built around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I know!!!  Glad you agree.  The pick is so obvious even Kiper should be able to figure it out.  Smith at 27, Bruce Irvin at 62.  We can trade 31 and 48 into next year plus drop down and gain some late round picks this year.  I would love to get something around 56 and 75.  You know I love Mike Martin.  I think this kid has Patriot written all over him too.  I think Pryor and Brace can't stay healthy and I doubt Marcus Harrison sticks. If we got Harrison Smith at 27, I think our need at CB diminishes.  We have McCourty and Dowling as starters with Arrington, Moore and Allen behind them.  If numb skull Jenkins drops like a rock as expected we might take the chance on him at 93.  Hernandez fell a lot further than that with less issues.  So, if BB does what he usually does we could go: 27.  Harrison Smith 56.  LaMichael James 62.  Bruce Irvin 75.  Mike Martin 93.  Janoris Jenkins 126. Joe Adams I'm sure we'll have something in rounds 5-7 too plus we will end up with an extra 1st and 2nd next year too.  Imagine what James and Adams could bring to the offense and special teams.  Smith steps in and starts day 1 while Irvin and Martin come in on passing downs.  If Jenkins gets his head screwed on straight, he could beat out Dowling or at a minimum, be a great slot corner with his quicks and movement skills.  PLUS, we go laughing into next year with a pair of 1st and 2nds again!!!

if all those players land on their upsides that could be quite a draft.
    i'm iffy on irvin.
    james i like a lot, but doesnt he make our starting 2 backs redundant.

also i dont like missing the only opportunity we will likely get to draft a potentially unstoppable huge outside wr (so i gotta have one in this draft when the plethora makes them drop everywhere to our reach).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : you are a kind person. thanks. i needed that. i was on the verge of throwing this computer onto the tv a few minutes ago. i am watching the red sox game.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

sox management will do that to you with their "look we're trying" act but really not trying. not filling needed holes in starting pitching and relief pitching with pitchers who can compete with the best lineups. this years outcome was written on the wall halfway through offseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Couple of thoughts: On Smith - if BB grades him as a 1st rounder, then I don't see him worrying about taking him at 27 vs waiting for 31, unless there is someone he is much higher on at 27. If he grades him as a 2nd rounder, then I wouldn't be surprised to see BB take less than he would normally demand to move either 27 or 31 into the 33-37 range cause I don't think Smith makes it much past there. Poe and Brockers are similar in that a team drafting them is not drafting for college production but based on expectation/hope that they can develop with coaching. The difference with Brockers is that his value has been fairly constant  whereas Poe came from nowhere based on a single weekend of work and the further from that weekend we get the lower his stock falls. (I think most of us like the idea of Brockers falling and fear Poe - not sure exactly why.) On DBs - if we do not get Barron or Smith which I think is quite possible, then I would not be surprised at any CB or Safety we took at any point in the draft. I think with RasI and McC we have two corners who could be moved to safety if the DB(s) we drafted were more suited to CB than S. I think with the NFL being so pass happy a lot of teams are thinking more along the lines of 3 CB one S in terms of skill sets. I also think that this change to a pass happy NFL could point to another possible change in BB's strategic thinking and drafting. I would not be surprised if we drafted one of the 'undersized' but FAST LBs specifically for passing down sub packages. Our LB pass coverage skills are not great and BB experimented a few years ago with a sort of hybrid LB/S position. There are a few of those guys from late second round on that might just get picked. (240 lbs 4.5 ish speed.)
    Posted by mia76[/QUOTE]

"Our LB pass coverage skills are not great"

that is a huuuuuuge understatement! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Guys, only 5 days till draft day!  I'm going take a stab at putting together a mock for the Patriots.  If we came away with a draft that looks something like this, I would be really happy. #23 (From Det) Michael Brockers  DE/DT LSU   BB sends picks 31 & 62 to Detroit to move up and get their guy ahead of Denver. #37 (From Clev) Harrison Smith  S  ND  I know MB & Faucet are very high on Smith.  I like him too, but not as a 1st rounder.  I question his athleticism to some degree, but I agree that he is a smart, sound player with good instincts that can make up for a lack of elite speed.  I would be much happier getting him here than at 27.  I think Clev trades up for Weeden, sending this pick (37) and their 3rd to NE to get him. #51 (From Philly)  Brian Quick  WR  App St.  I just love this kid's upside.  I know we're crowded at WR after free agency, but I think there's room for a young talent like Quick.  BB keeps the annual trade streak with Andy Reid alive here, as Philly jumps up to grab Bobby Wagner, giving NE this pick (51), a 6th, & a 2013 7th. #67 (From Clev)  Brandon Boykin  CB  Georgia  Boykin is a "boom or bust" guy in my opinion, but I like his upside here and I'm willing to gamble in the 3rd round.  With some solid coaching, he could develop into a great man-to-man corner, and his kick return abiltiy speaks for itself. #93 Josh Chapman DT Bama. I think this could be a classic BB "plan for the future" value pick. I think Chapman is an under-rated prospect in this class. He looks like he could fit perfectly as a NT in a 3-4, and I believe NE could draft him with the idea that he could be the replacement for Wilfork when the sad day comes when Big Vince hangs it up.   Love the value here. #126  Oliver Vernon  OLB Miami  Very raw player who has some off-the-field issues, but one of the most promising and athletic pass-rushing prospects in the draft. Has also shown the ability to play effectively in coverage. 6th round (From Philly)  Tom Compton OT South Dakota  6'6" OT who has pretty good footwork.  Fits the mold for what BB like in OTs as far as size.  Pretty raw coming from a small program, but Scar could coach this guy up really well.
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

i reallllly like this!

though i dont know the last 2. i do like the description you give of them, and if they panned out.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Your wrong on his athleticism, he turns his hips and fluid when it counts, for a big man. Cant teach this, it is what it is. Cornerbacks to Safeties wont work, different kind of animals. I'm waiting for the Ronnie Lott scenario on this. I have an answer. I dont get it, probably the most important part of the Defefense is a Safety, probably the hardest position to play too. Have to help the CB's, support the run, most of the time calling the Defensive backfiled adjustments. Smith should be a 1st round pick. If Tannehill could go up to 8, whats the problem? Miami would be dumb if they make that move.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

i jsut got to the end of the thread and saw you say the opposite about his hips, fluid, cover, athletic.

i stand by what i saw.
    howevver i did not see him more than twice and not for whole games either time.

if im wrong, and he can cover well, and hes a stud and we get him i will be delighted

(still dont see ard 1 pick, but what the hey).
    i liked both wazzu's and faucet's draft scenarios above

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Guys, only 5 days till draft day!  I'm going take a stab at putting together a mock for the Patriots.  If we came away with a draft that looks something like this, I would be really happy. #23 (From Det) Michael Brockers  DE/DT LSU   BB sends picks 31 & 62 to Detroit to move up and get their guy ahead of Denver. #37 (From Clev) Harrison Smith  S  ND  I know MB & Faucet are very high on Smith.  I like him too, but not as a 1st rounder.  I question his athleticism to some degree, but I agree that he is a smart, sound player with good instincts that can make up for a lack of elite speed.  I would be much happier getting him here than at 27.  I think Clev trades up for Weeden, sending this pick (37) and their 3rd to NE to get him. #51 (From Philly)  Brian Quick  WR  App St.  I just love this kid's upside.  I know we're crowded at WR after free agency, but I think there's room for a young talent like Quick.  BB keeps the annual trade streak with Andy Reid alive here, as Philly jumps up to grab Bobby Wagner, giving NE this pick (51), a 6th, & a 2013 7th. #67 (From Clev)  Brandon Boykin  CB  Georgia  Boykin is a "boom or bust" guy in my opinion, but I like his upside here and I'm willing to gamble in the 3rd round.  With some solid coaching, he could develop into a great man-to-man corner, and his kick return abiltiy speaks for itself. #93 Josh Chapman DT Bama. I think this could be a classic BB "plan for the future" value pick. I think Chapman is an under-rated prospect in this class. He looks like he could fit perfectly as a NT in a 3-4, and I believe NE could draft him with the idea that he could be the replacement for Wilfork when the sad day comes when Big Vince hangs it up.   Love the value here. #126  Oliver Vernon  OLB Miami  Very raw player who has some off-the-field issues, but one of the most promising and athletic pass-rushing prospects in the draft. Has also shown the ability to play effectively in coverage. 6th round (From Philly)  Tom Compton OT South Dakota  6'6" OT who has pretty good footwork.  Fits the mold for what BB like in OTs as far as size.  Pretty raw coming from a small program, but Scar could coach this guy up really well.

Waz,
    Overall, I think this would be an excellent haul... you get big time help to the DL and S positions, depth at CB/PR and some upside at WR and OLB.

As for the pick that I'm not that high on:

I think Quick has some size and upside, I just feel that there should be better, more proven options at #51 (i.e. Jeffery, Sanu, maybe Randle etc.).  I don't hate the pick, just assume that there'll be better options available.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Waz, Overall, I think this would be an excellent haul... you get big time help to the DL and S positions, depth at CB/PR and some upside at WR and OLB. As for the pick that I'm not that high on: I think Quick has some size and upside, I just feel that there should be better, more proven options at #51 (i.e. Jeffery, Sanu, maybe Randle etc.).  I don't hate the pick, just assume that there'll be better options available.

MB-  Thanks man!  I don't disagree with you about the 2nd rnd WRs.  I would indeed take Sanu & Jeffery over Quick (probably Randle too, although I've cooled off on him a bit.)  I opperating under the assumption that those 3 were all gone, and that the run on WRs allows a few guys like Boykin & Chapman to slip a bit.  Good call, though.  Jeffery would be my favorite of the 3 that you mentioned, but I kind of feel like he will go pretty early in the second.  Just too much talent and great film for him to slide too far, IMO.  Sanu's stock seems to be on the rise too.  I'd be suprised if he's there at 48.  Quick is a real sleeper for me.  He is not nearly as polished as some of the other guys, but I really feel like he will be a star in the NFL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : MB-  Thanks man!  I don't disagree with you about the 2nd rnd WRs.  I would indeed take Sanu & Jeffery over Quick (probably Randle too, although I've cooled off on him a bit.)  I opperating under the assumption that those 3 were all gone, and that the run on WRs allows a few guys like Boykin & Chapman to slip a bit.  Good call, though.  Jeffery would be my favorite of the 3 that you mentioned, but I kind of feel like he will go pretty early in the second.  Just too much talent and great film for him to slide too far, IMO.  Sanu's stock seems to be on the rise too.  I'd be suprised if he's there at 48.  Quick is a real sleeper for me.  He is not nearly as polished as some of the other guys, but I really feel like he will be a star in the NFL.

No prob!

I actually had meant to comment on the Chapman pick as well.

He's an under the radar guy that makes a ton of sense in NE... I've had him on my board for a long time and he'll finish as a Rd 3-4 kid projection for me.  Kid isn't tall (shade under 6-1), but plays between 315-320, has enourmous hands (11 1/8) and is very tough to move off the ball... would be an excellent 2-gap space eater for them and is proven as a BB style 34 NT (could also play alongside VW inside in 43) and at the hightest level of college FB... love the pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : No prob! I actually had meant to comment on the Chapman pick as well. He's an under the radar guy that makes a ton of sense in NE... I've had him on my board for a long time and he'll finish as a Rd 3-4 kid projection for me.  Kid isn't tall (shade under 6-1), but plays between 315-320, has enourmous hands (11 1/8) and is very tough to move off the ball... would be an excellent 2-gap space eater for them and is proven as a BB style 34 NT and at the hightest level of college FB... love the pick.

Yeah, Chapman would be an awesome pick in the 3rd.  He's sort of lost in the wake of the other great Alabama defenders in this draft. His height doesn't concern me for a nose tackle.  He is brutally strong and a pretty athletic "Big Man" to boot.  The only reason I think he will be available in the third is because he has had an ACL tear.