***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]What if I told you the Pats can trade both 1st round picks and come out with starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds at positions of need? 27 - Traded Eagles for 47 and 51, Eagles missed on Barron they won't let Smith slip by.  Getting 2 picks in the BB beloved round too tempting for him not to take.  Pats and Eagles both have a need at S but BB might think he can start Gregory (who's getting starter money) and develop a FS. 31 - Traded Rams 2013 2nd, 39 and 171, Rams get their WR in Blackmon or Floyd but they still have OL needs.  If Bradford doesn't get time really doesn't matter who they get at WR.  With the Giants needing OT Rams although they do have the first pick of day two, can't take the chance of the last 1st round grade OT to get taken off the board.  They move to 31 to get Mike Adams. So Patriots end up no 1st round picks, but have a 2013 2nd, 5 2nd rnd picks and gain a 6th rounder. 39 - Kendall Reyes DT/DE - I know he's mocked as a 1st round but have seen a number of mocks with DTs falling to the 2nd round a run at OL, Fleener and Smith moving into the 1st round. 47 - Vinny Curry DE/OLB - I really want to put McClellin here, I believe the 3 concusions will make him slide but how far?  IMO he's the best option at OLB for the Pats but concusions are too much of a ?, see Mike Wright. 48 - Traded - Titans, the Eagles need an OLB Zach Brown is still on the board so Titans jump eagles and draft Zach Brown OLB. NE gets 52 and 115 51 - Brandon Boykin CB - I've watched Boykin a ton at UGA, I really like the kid.  Although a bit undersized he plays like he's 6'4" 250lbs, ok a bit over the top but he's a physical CB for his size and can play both man or zone.  Reads plays very well.  can play and has played both inside or out.  Can be used as return guy. 52 - George Iloka FS - Iloka can develop behind Gregory and be used on STs.  He has excellent messurables but will need to develop in coverage. 62 - Derek Wolfe DE/DT - Wolfe can replace Wright as an interior rusher his rookie year.  He and Reyes give the Pats a good pair of young 5 technic in the making. 93 - Traded Chiefs 2012 3rd rnd, 146 and 218. KC picks up a NT Ta'amu 115 - Jake Bequette DE/OLB - He lead the SEC in sacks in 2011, that's good enough for me to spend a 4th round pick on him. 126 - Jarius Wright WR - Very good route runner with top end speed, can play inside or outside.  I'm not concerned with press, Pats do enough in motions ect that Wright can get off the line.  He was an excellent receiver in the SEC going against NFL ready CBs. 146 - Andrew Datko OT - When healthy this is a kid can be a LT in the NFL, very good feet and pass protector.  Has had a history (although started every game as sophmore and junior) of shoulder injury.  Missed his senior year due to that injury.  If he's shoulder heals this could be highway robbery.  Very good OT. 218 - Tyler Nielsen OLB  - Very good in coverage, I always need to mock at least one Iowa player and Nielsen is this year's.  He can be used to cover TEs or RBs.  He's a blitzer not a pass rusher, needs to work on getting off blocks because he spent a ton of time in coverage not playing close to the LOS. Type of player coaches find hard to cut, can play STs.   UDFA Jonas Gray RB , this kid would had been a mid round selection but recovering from ACL.  Saw him doing some pass catching drills at Notre Dame's pro day so he seems to be recovering well. Only started for one year and needs to develop more but can be a very good power back.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    You're right BB would probably do it but I hope not.  Also, just learned that Gregory was also suspended for use of performance enhancing drugs at SD.  He hasn't been the same player since he got off the juice.  I have no hopes for Gregory.  I think Ihedigbo was better and that isn't saying much. 

Mayock has Harrison Smith rated at 28, one ahead of Brockers at 29!! If Mayock thinks Smith is this good, I'm not going to argue with the draft guru who was also a DB.  Plus, I happen to agree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

[QUOTE]My previous mock was a "what I want NE to do."  After further consideration and looking at some of the latest player rankings (Mayock's especially), here is another version.  This version is more realistic, what I think BB will do this weekend. #27  I've given up on the idea of trading up more than just a few picks, if that.  At the end of the day, it just doesn't fit what BB likes to do on draft day.  I have them staying at 27 and selecting the falling Michael Brockers  DT/DE  LSU.   2 weeks ago I would have never imagined he could be available this late (and I admit the odds are still against it), but in a scenario where Denver chooses Worthy at 25, I think it could happen.  This would be a gift... #37 (From Clev)  BB does what he does best and selects another player with a 1st round grade, who fell a bit due to concussion issues.  Shea McClellin  OLB/DE BSU   gets   the nod here.  Although the 3 concussions in college are a concern, McClellin's motor and ability win the Patriots over.  After passing on Clay Matthews several years ago, BB is happy to pounce on this pass-rusher who has drawn many comparisons to Clay.  Cleveland sends NE pick #37, their 2012 4th, & a 2013 3rd in exchange for #31, where they select QB Brandon Weeden. #51 (From Philly)    A suprise pick here for some, but I love the coverage skills of this Big 12 LB from Nebraska, Lavonte David.  This kid may be a bit undersized, but he plays bigger than he is, and his ability to cover slot recievers and TEs is something that NE's defense was sorely missing last season.  He has terrific speed and could also be a pass rushing asset for the Patriots.  BB keeps the annual trade streak with Andy Reid alive here, as Philly jumps up to grab Zach Brown, giving NE this pick (51), and a 2013 5th. #75 (From KC) Finally Pats fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as the safety position get addressed here in the form of Brandon Taylor  S  LSU.   Taylor is not the flashiest name in the draft, but he is a very solid player who will be a huge upgrade in the Patriot's secondary.  Solid player who has been battle-tested against the best conference in the country.  KC moved up to pick 62 in exchange for this pick (75) a 6th this year, and a 2013 2nd. #93 Josh Chapman  DT  Bama . I think this could be a classic BB "plan for the future" value pick. I think Chapman is an under-rated prospect in this class. He looks like he could fit perfectly as a NT in a 3-4, and I believe NE could draft him with the idea that he could be the replacement for Wilfork when the sad day comes when Big Vince hangs it up. Love the value here. #100 (From Clev)  Jaye Howard DE/DT Florida   Howard could be a steal here. He was great against the run at Florida, but has the ability to penetrate the pocket with a powerful bull-rush. Played mostly on the interior of the DL in college, but has a quick enough first step to play as a 5 tech for NE. #126  Although already crowded at WR after a busy FA period, BB still decides to bring a talented rookie in.  Greg Childs WR Arkansas would have never been available here were it not for an ACL injury.  He has recovered well from it, however, as evidence of his outstanding Pro Day.  This guy could be the big, fast, physical outside threat that we as Patriot fans have been craving since Moss left town.  Child's relationship with college teammate Ryan Mallet probably doesn't hurt either... 6th round (From KC)   Tom Compton OT South Dakota   6'6" OT who has pretty good footwork. Fits the mold for what BB like in OTs as far as size. Pretty raw coming from a small program, but Scar could coach this guy up really well. Likely a Practice Squad kid to begin with, but likely would develop into a valuable reserve OT with Light gone and Vollmer's back a constant worry.
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

This right here is my favorite mock!!!! Lavonte David and Shea McClellin are two of my favorite players in this years draft. Lavonte really reminds me a lot of Derrick Brooks. I know its a bit audacious to compare a kid coming into the league to a Hall of Famer but their style is eerily similar. I could see BB using him as a LB/S hybrid in a ' Big' Nickel package or as a pure Strong Safety in Base. Also a fan of Josh Chapman and Jaye Howard. Malik Jackson is another sleeper who I think might even prove to be a better player than any 4-3 DE taken this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Here's my attempt at trying to predict BB, who always goes against the grain

27 - S. Hill WR - BB doesn't like the value of the available defenders.  Takes the BPA, the next Randy Moss
    31 - Silatolu OT - BB believes OL is the biggest area of need. Best OT available with huge upside.
    48 - Ta'amu DT - Value pick. Space eater next to Wilfork
    63 - Wolfe DT/DE - Value pick. Fills DE role
    95 - Boykin CB - Great Value. Allows McCourtney/Dowling to move to safety
    126 - Dennard CB - Great Value (Walters has him going in the 5th round).

Pats fill needs at key position and get the WR with the highest upside. BB expects Cunningham and M. Carter will step up at OLB next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : You're right BB would probably do it but I hope not.  Also, just learned that Gregory was also suspended for use of performance enhancing drugs at SD.  He hasn't been the same player since he got off the juice.  I have no hopes for Gregory.  I think Ihedigbo was better and that isn't saying much.  Mayock has Harrison Smith rated at 28, one ahead of Brockers at 29!! If Mayock thinks Smith is this good, I'm not going to argue with the draft guru who was also a DB.  Plus, I happen to agree. Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE] I totally agree with Mayock I like Smith but also think a value of picks returned to Smith BB might opt to go with the trade. That was my best BB impersonation mock. If I was the GM I would go Smith, Reyes, McClellin (I take the risk), Wolfe, Marvin Jones, Bequette

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So it's approx 47 or so hours before the draft and I've had a bit of an epiphany while watching some film tonight...

I'm basing it mostly on his jersey # (56) and his "out there like a bunch of crazed dogs" playing style on the field, and the assumption that it may cause BB to have visions of his past...

BB will draft Ronnell Lewis at 62 if he doesn't target a LB (Upshaw/Hightower, etc.) higher in the draft.

This kid makes a ton of sense for NE, doesn't have that ideal height/length but has adequate size (6-2 255), excellent game/field speed and athleticism... instinctive, excellent range and can stack/shed vs. the run... has the strength to set the edge, has the speed/quicks/COD/athleticism to play in space/coverage has positional versatility with the ability to play inside and out in both even and odd fronts to go along with a rabid motor and ferocious playing temperament... also has all pro potential on ST.  Loads of upside overall, IMO.

Yes, I'm sober.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

well MB Lewis at #63 does make a ton of sense if they don't get one earlier. I'd hope for more of a pure pass rusher with some coverage ability but Lewis is less of a DE convert and more of a pure LB. He can play anywhere along the LB line and be effective in either a 34 or 43, just not as a 43 DE lol. Lewis to me would be just another solid addition and not that impact player we've been looking for but definitely a solid good starter who might earn a pro-bowl once or twice in his career. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : He was a Pro Bowler as a rookie.  Sophomore jinx!!  He'll be back.  But if Kirkpatrick is hanging around, I wouldn't mind taking him and seeing which of them can play CB.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

thanks for the post.
    i saw his first year.
    he was prety good.
    last year he could not cover to save his life. he was one of the worst in teh league.
    pats are not going ot get a real db coach. so you cant count on that help.
    he made plays at safety. hes ok there as a backup.
    othewise as i said, if he proves himslef against lloyd and co in camp, then id think about givign him another try at cb

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : You're right BB would probably do it but I hope not.  Also, just learned that Gregory was also suspended for use of performance enhancing drugs at SD.  He hasn't been the same player since he got off the juice.  I have no hopes for Gregory.  I think Ihedigbo was better and that isn't saying much.  Mayock has Harrison Smith rated at 28, one ahead of Brockers at 29!! If Mayock thinks Smith is this good, I'm not going to argue with the draft guru who was also a DB.  Plus, I happen to agree.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

i think he is a player in the box.
    overall a marginal risk.
    if we get him and hes good, im happy.
    i wouldnt be picking him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : This right here is my favorite mock!!!! Lavonte David and Shea McClellin are two of my favorite players in this years draft. Lavonte really reminds me a lot of Derrick Brooks. I know its a bit audacious to compare a kid coming into the league to a Hall of Famer but their style is eerily similar. I could see BB using him as a LB/S hybrid in a ' Big' Nickel package or as a pure Strong Safety in Base. Also a fan of Josh Chapman and Jaye Howard. Malik Jackson is another sleeper who I think might even prove to be a better player than any 4-3 DE taken this year.
    Posted by speedster81[/QUOTE]

i defeinitely can see david.
    and mclellin for sure of course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

[QUOTE]So it's approx 47 or so hours before the draft and I've had a bit of an epiphany while watching some film tonight... I'm basing it mostly on his jersey # (56) and his "out there like a bunch of crazed dogs" playing style on the field, and the assumption that it may cause BB to have visions of his past... BB will draft Ronnell Lewis at 62 if he doesn't target a LB (Upshaw/Hightower, etc.) higher in the draft. This kid makes a ton of sense for NE, doesn't have that ideal height/length but has adequate size (6-2 255), excellent game/field speed and athleticism... instinctive, excellent range and can stack/shed vs. the run... has the strength to set the edge, has the speed/quicks/COD/athleticism to play in space/coverage has positional versatility with the ability to play inside and out in both even and odd fronts to go along with a rabid motor and ferocious playing temperament... also has all pro potential on ST.  Loads of upside overall, IMO. Yes, I'm sober.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I like Ronnell Lewis but would be pretty disappointed if he were the first DE/OLB we drafted. To me it would smirk of a Cunningham type of pick. Im hoping BB picks kids who are first of all high upside, proven perfomance pass rushers. Shea, Nick Perry, Vinny Curry, Bruce Irvin etc..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Here's my attempt at trying to predict BB, who always goes against the grain 27 - S. Hill WR - BB doesn't like the value of the available defenders.  Takes the BPA, the next Randy Moss 31 - Silatolu OT - BB believes OL is the biggest area of need. Best OT available with huge upside. 48 - Ta'amu DT - Value pick. Space eater next to Wilfork 63 - Wolfe DT/DE - Value pick. Fills DE role 95 - Boykin CB - Great Value. Allows McCourtney/Dowling to move to safety 126 - Dennard CB - Great Value (Walters has him going in the 5th round). Pats fill needs at key position and get the WR with the highest upside. BB expects Cunningham and M. Carter will step up at OLB next year.
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

Here's my attempt at trying to predict BB, who always goes against the grain

27 - S. Hill WR - BB doesn't like the value of the available defenders.  Takes the BPA, the next Randy Moss 
    31 - Silatolu OT - BB believes OL is the biggest area of need. Best OT available with huge upside.
    48 - Ta'amu DT - Value pick. Space eater next to Wilfork
    63 - Wolfe DT/DE - Value pick. Fills DE role
    95 - Boykin CB - Great Value. Allows McCourtney/Dowling to move to safety
    126 - Dennard CB - Great Value (Walters has him going in the 5th round).

Pats fill needs at key position and get the WR with the highest upside. BB expects Cunningham and M. Carter will step up at OLB next year.

love the 27 pick (i like hill fleenr or jeffery in my draft. i think jeffery is a safer pick, but if hill gets to half his ceiling, he will be dangerous).

i'll take sialtolu

ta' tammu im not high on but if bb does it, im hoping he sees soemthing in him

boykin could be ok

dennard, agian not high on. dotnsee a really good cover guy there. 

the sooner we get rid of cunningham the better.

thanks for the bb pick guess

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I like Ronnell Lewis but would be pretty disappointed if he were the first DE/OLB we drafted. To me it would smirk of a Cunningham type of pick. Im hoping BB picks kids who are first of all high upside, proven perfomance pass rushers. Shea, Nick Perry, Vinny Curry, Bruce Irvin etc..

exactly.
    what speed said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : i think he is a player in the box. overall a marginal risk. if we get him and hes good, im happy. i wouldnt be picking him.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

He's much more than a box S... put the tape on, kid's in deep coverage a ton... has very good instincts, range and a nose for the football and is very quick to close.

Now like most S, he'll have some man limitations against smaller/quicker slot guys, that's only natural, heck nickel/slot CB's have trouble with them too... but he'll match up well vs. TE's and RB's and his skill set makes him a good fit in NE's predominantly zone scheme.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I will watch the draft on thursday, knowing the Pats wont even be on the board untill 10:00 +( trade down.. come on !) and probably will trade out of at least one .  But I will be very happy if we come out of the first 2 rounds with any of the Alabama D guys  Barron ( primo), Upshaw, Kirkpatrick, Hightower and McClellin  and also, has been late popular talk, Lavonte David, LB or more important the nickel safety.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]So it's approx 47 or so hours before the draft and I've had a bit of an epiphany while watching some film tonight... I'm basing it mostly on his jersey # (56) and his "out there like a bunch of crazed dogs" playing style on the field, and the assumption that it may cause BB to have visions of his past... BB will draft Ronnell Lewis at 62 if he doesn't target a LB (Upshaw/Hightower, etc.) higher in the draft. This kid makes a ton of sense for NE, doesn't have that ideal height/length but has adequate size (6-2 255), excellent game/field speed and athleticism... instinctive, excellent range and can stack/shed vs. the run... has the strength to set the edge, has the speed/quicks/COD/athleticism to play in space/coverage has positional versatility with the ability to play inside and out in both even and odd fronts to go along with a rabid motor and ferocious playing temperament... also has all pro potential on ST.  Loads of upside overall, IMO. Yes, I'm sober.

"Yes, I'm sober. "

:)

good one.

thanks for keeping the thoughts coming.
    what do you think of david?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]So it's approx 47 or so hours before the draft and I've had a bit of an epiphany while watching some film tonight... I'm basing it mostly on his jersey # (56) and his "out there like a bunch of crazed dogs" playing style on the field, and the assumption that it may cause BB to have visions of his past... BB will draft Ronnell Lewis at 62 if he doesn't target a LB (Upshaw/Hightower, etc.) higher in the draft. This kid makes a ton of sense for NE, doesn't have that ideal height/length but has adequate size (6-2 255), excellent game/field speed and athleticism... instinctive, excellent range and can stack/shed vs. the run... has the strength to set the edge, has the speed/quicks/COD/athleticism to play in space/coverage has positional versatility with the ability to play inside and out in both even and odd fronts to go along with a rabid motor and ferocious playing temperament... also has all pro potential on ST.  Loads of upside overall, IMO. Yes, I'm sober. Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] Answering from the cell so can't get u the article but today saw whereb a few 43 teams including philly re looking at him as OLB in he 2nd round. He probably won't be there at 62, once I get back to the computer I'll look for the source. I think the teams were Philly, Bucs and someone else maybe seattle

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : i defeinitely can see david. and mclellin for sure of course.

Im rooting for your boy Jenkins with 31. A great man cover corner could do wonders for our D. Against a 3 wide package, match him against the number 3 receiver with no help then shift your focus to helping against the number one and two.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : He's much more than a box S... put the tape on, kid's in deep coverage a ton... has very good instincts, range and a nose for the football and is very quick to close. Now like most S, he'll have some man limitations against smaller/quicker slot guys, that's only natural, heck nickel/slot CB's have trouble with them too... but he'll match up well vs. TE's and RB's and his skill set makes him a good fit in NE's predominantly zone scheme.

hey mb, 
    i watched part of a couple games. havent put film in.
    havent seen him as much as you have. hes all over, or tried to be all over, the field. i dont think hes fluid in coverage. didnt think he was partiucularly quick to close.

again only going off what i saw in pieces of 2 games i watched.

if hes all that, bring him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I will watch the draft on thursday, knowing the Pats wont even be on the board untill 10:00 +( trade down.. come on !) and probably will trade out of at least one .  But I will be very happy if we come out of the first 2 rounds with any of the Alabama D guys  Barron ( primo), Upshaw, Kirkpatrick, Hightower and McClellin  and also, has been late popular talk, Lavonte David, LB or more important the nickel safety.
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

" the nickel safety. "
    mccourty

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : "Yes, I'm sober.  " :) good one. thanks for keeping the thoughts coming. what do you think of david?

Ha, no prob.

Lavonte David?  Good football player, but he'd need to move to S for NE to be interested, just too small to play any LB positions for them.  He was 225 at the SB, bulked up to 233 for the combine, but was down to 227 for Nebraska's PD... I think he plays < 230.  Gonna make a very good 43 OLB for somebody... strikes me as a Philly type OLB... smaller and rangy, etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

[QUOTE]I will watch the draft on thursday, knowing the Pats wont even be on the board untill 10:00 +( trade down.. come on !) and probably will trade out of at least one .  But I will be very happy if we come out of the first 2 rounds with any of the Alabama D guys  Barron ( primo), Upshaw, Kirkpatrick, Hightower and McClellin  and also, has been late popular talk, Lavonte David, LB or more important the nickel safety.
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

Ha. I know the feeling. I grow more apprehensive about the whole thing as the day gets closer. Afraid that they end up trading out of the earlier rounds and end up picking mediocre guys in later rounds. The theme for the NE front office this week should be not to overthink it. There are starters/impact guys to be found even into the 3rd round. Maximise those first 5 picks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Here's a sleeper to keep an eye on in Rd's 5-7:

SMU DE/OLB/TE Taylor Thompson (6-6 260)- very good size/length prospect (should intrigue BB), huge hands, excellent athlete, moves well, fast (4.57)... had moderate production as a senior (7 sacks, 8 TFL), but the upside is there and he could be worth a shot in the later rounds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Im rooting for your boy Jenkins with 31. A great man cover corner could do wonders for our D. Against a 3 wide package, match him against the number 3 receiver with no help then shift your focus to helping against the number one and two.

hey speed.
    thanks for the post!

i see how he does in camp against dowling.
    the winner plays the #1 receiver this year.
    jj has played the best receivers in the sec now terrorizing the nfl, and shut them down pretty efficiently.

the loser gets the #2 receivers

moore gets #3 receivers (unless moore totally surprises and beats one of them out, which i di not expect. although i like his game very mush so far).

id be very comfortable with this. if they all stay on the field. i d be very happy going to the sb with this.

mccourty is 3rd safety on the field as needed (until or unless he reverts to his original form as cb- which i do not expect, especially this year. if he figures it out at cb, i think it takes at least a year.)

with this, i think dowling and jenkins wont need much help on the 1 and 2 and the d can focus on stopping the run adn getting to the qb.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Ha, no prob. Lavonte David?  Good football player, but he'd need to move to S for NE to be interested, just too small to play any LB positions for them.  He was 225 at the SB, bulked up to 233 for the combine, but was down to 227 for Nebraska's PD... I think he plays < 230.  Gonna make a very good 43 OLB for somebody... strikes me as a Philly type OLB... smaller and rangy, etc.

thanks man. was thinking cover lb.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Ha, no prob. Lavonte David?  Good football player, but he'd need to move to S for NE to be interested, just too small to play any LB positions for them.  He was 225 at the SB, bulked up to 233 for the combine, but was down to 227 for Nebraska's PD... I think he plays < 230.  Gonna make a very good 43 OLB for somebody... strikes me as a Philly type OLB... smaller and rangy, etc.

does he look like burris in his approach to getting to the ball? he chooses not to force his way. avoids getting engaged on the way to the ball. burris is 10 lbs heavier though. and i thought was quicker to the ball.