***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Cool man. What don't you like about Upshaw?  I think he's a very good football player, makes plays behind the LOS, consistently good motor, very physical and could be the best run defender of any of the edge guys in this class. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I actually don't dislike Upshaw. In my opinion I just think players this year , and to some extent every year but especially this year, have a lot of parity. Players from like 17 to like 40 or something, to me, are very similar.

I really don't think I would feel the need to take upshaw when I think other guys like Lewis are just as good and you can get them later.

I think I have mentioned this to you before but I am also very leary and always feel players from a total team defense that was one of the best in college often get over drafted. Not saying they are not good players but believe they get over drafted. Ohio state had a defense like that I think the year AJ Hawk came out. Good player but I think he and others were over drafted.

For me I think evaluators have to be consistent. People can't say Jared Crick , for one example, was only good because he was playing next to Suh and then turn around and say Hightower, Barron, Upshaw, and Kirkpatrick are just that good all on their own and don't benefit at all from playing next to other very good players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Happy draft day everyone! Is everyone going to be online tonight at draft time? Would love to discuss the various picks as round 1 unfolds.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I'll be on and off, have the broski's coming over to watch an there may or may not be alcohol involved... will certainly be on afterwards though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be here Lifer. I'm starting to get very excited actually. I don't know why but if Upshaw or Brockers falls to #23 I think the Pats move up 4 spots to grab one of them. The reason I believe that is that the Lions are looking for OL and either Glenn or Adams will be available at #27 so they can move back and grab an extra pick while still getting there guy. The Pats would be jumping in front of Pit, Hou, Den all of which could be looking at front 7 players. My guess would be the trade would be the Pats #27 and a 3rd and get back #23 and a 5th. Then they can trade back #31 for a 3rd this year and a 1st next year. Essentially it would be like trading both 1st's to get a player they want, a 1st next year, move up in the 3rd and a 5th this year. Not a bad deal imo
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% Eng. If one of those guys gets to #23, I think the Lions are a very likely trade partner.  I think we'll have to get in front of Denver for Brockers if he gets that far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be here Lifer. I'm starting to get very excited actually. I don't know why but if Upshaw or Brockers falls to #23 I think the Pats move up 4 spots to grab one of them. The reason I believe that is that the Lions are looking for OL and either Glenn or Adams will be available at #27 so they can move back and grab an extra pick while still getting there guy. The Pats would be jumping in front of Pit, Hou, Den all of which could be looking at front 7 players. My guess would be the trade would be the Pats #27 and a 3rd and get back #23 and a 5th. Then they can trade back #31 for a 3rd this year and a 1st next year. Essentially it would be like trading both 1st's to get a player they want, a 1st next year, move up in the 3rd and a 5th this year. Not a bad deal imo

Makes a ton of sense and I hope you're right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]Morning Boys, Below is my Final Mock V4, today is the day. As you all probably know by now, Mark Barron is the top player on my board and has been since very early on.  I’m also realistic to the fact that he’ll prob be off the board when NE is slotted to select at both 27 and 31, if he isn’t, he’s my guy.  ü   The top of my Rd 1 Board today looks like this, though I think will likely be gone by 27/31:    S- Mark Barron DL- Michael Brockers ü  I’m also of the belief that when all is said and done, BB will likely have traded one of, if not both of his Rd 1 picks due to some combo of maybe moving up into the early 20’s to draft a player that is sliding a bit and/or to move back to acquire more picks for this year and the future as he seems to do every year. With that being said, below is my projection, not factoring in potential trades:  27- Courtney Upshaw - BB finally gets his high round edge rusher.     I think he makes too much sense for them.   A lot of experience against elite competition and in a BB style 34 defense (which should reduce his ramp up time), has excellent upside as an edge rusher, is well versed in a BB style 34 scheme, kid also has good size, plays with a huge motor and is very stout/physical vs. the run.   He brings scheme versatility with the ability to play on his feet in a 34 and with his hand in the dirt when they go 43.   He projects as 3 down backer at the NFL level. Alternatives: Donta Hightower- LB- Alabama / Stephon Gilmore CB/S South Carolina   31 - Harrison Smith- S- ND - Very good size, moves well, very instinctive and always around the football, good ball skills, good tackler with knockout potential, has the ability to play in the deep half/third as well as down in the box and is very strong is run support.  He’s also a team leader/captain with very good character; another great fit in NE. Alternatives: Shea McClellin- OLB/ILB/DE- Boise State. / Doug Martin- RB- Boise State.   48 - Kendall Reyes- DL- UConn - Very good character/team captain, good size and athleticism, smart kid, scheme diverse and has a big motor, moves very well for a kid his size (6-4 299).  He’s another kid that fits the Patriot’s player profile and would make an excellent addition upfront.  Alternatives: Josh Robinson- CB- UCF / Alshon Jeffery- WR- South Carolina / Amini Silatolu- OG- Midwestern State.   62 - Ronnell Lewis LB Oklahoma - BB sees his new generation LT; kid wears #56 at Oklahoma and plays with the same “pack of crazed dogs” mentality.   He’s very quick off the snap, has excellent plays speed and a violent/ferocious temperament.   He’s strong enough to set the edge vs. the run, has excellent range and displays solid instincts/awareness.   He’s also has the COD and athleticism to drop into coverage.   Also a potential All-Pro on special teams. Alternatives:  Alameda Ta’amu- DL- Washington / Bruce Irvin- OLB/DE- West Virginia / Mohamed Sanu- WR- Rutgers 93 - Ron Brooks CB/S LSU - Overshadowed a bit by Morris Claiborne and The Honey Badger, but this kid is also a very good defensive back with play making ability.   Decent site (5-10 190) with 4.3 speed and excellent quicks, versatile and can prob play both CB & S, physical kid, effective blitzer and is proven against SEC competition.   He’s yet another prospect that also projects as an excellent special team’s player. Alternatives:  / Marvin Jones- WR- Cal. / Derek Wolfe- DL- Cincinnati / Cam Johnson- DE/OLB- Virginia / Jayron Hosley- CB- Virginia Tech 126 - Greg Childs- WR- Arkansas - This would be a great value pick IMO, as the kid has Rd 1/2 talent (he could also be an option in Rd 3).  Very good size/speed combo, good quicks and RAC ability, physical player with upside as a blocker and isn’t afraid to work the middle of the field.  He’s also well schooled in a pro-style offense and BB should be familiar with him due to time spent scouting Ryan Mallet. Alternatives:  Devon Wylie- WR- Fresno State Arkansas / Joe Adams- WR/RS- Arkansas / Josh Chapman- DL- Alabama / Senio Kelemete- OG- Washington    

This would be an awesome draft, MB. Solid players throughout, just like BB likes it. Nice work bro!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]have heard now from two "experts" the Pats are extremely high on Chandler Jones Syracuse.  Mayock has him ranked in the top 10 (#9) in his top 100 prospects and said 3 years from now he will be the best D player to come out of this draft. Could this be a smoke screen?  I find it hard to believe the Pats never give anything accurate on their board and all of the sudden a few experts have inside information on how high the Pats are on Jones.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

This wreaks of Robertson in 03', Gholston in 08', Tebow in 10', and Ingram in 11' to me.

It was also reported that they might trade up for Barron and they really want McClellin. In addition it was 'leaked' yesterday that they had a 11th hour workout with Kendell Wright the WR. Whenever you hear about these players drawing a lot of interest from the Pats right before the draft then it's likely they won't be taken and the Pats are trying to drum up interest to make another player fall or to entice a trade.

Right now at #31 players I see rumors about that might cause a team to trade up are:

K Wright
    D Martin
    J Jenkins

Players I've heard lose connection of interest but nothing concrete:

M Brockers
    C Upshaw
    H Smith

Players I've heard direct connection from sources are:

S McClellin
    M Barron
    C Jones

Now odds say that they loose connections are the most likely targets or players that they've brought in for looks but have no connection:

Wolfe
    Irvin
    Perry
    David
    Lewis

So those would be the names I'd be looking out for

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : This would be an awesome draft, MB. Solid players throughout, just like BB likes it. Nice work bro!
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : This wreaks of Robertson in 03', Gholston in 08', Tebow in 10', and Ingram in 11' to me. It was also reported that they might trade up for Barron and they really want McClellin. In addition it was 'leaked' yesterday that they had a 11th hour workout with Kendell Wright the WR. Whenever you hear about these players drawing a lot of interest from the Pats right before the draft then it's likely they won't be taken and the Pats are trying to drum up interest to make another player fall or to entice a trade. Right now at #31 players I see rumors about that might cause a team to trade up are: K Wright D Martin J Jenkins Players I've heard lose connection of interest but nothing concrete: M Brockers C Upshaw H Smith Players I've heard direct connection from sources are: S McClellin M Barron C Jones Now odds say that they loose connections are the most likely targets or players that they've brought in for looks but have no connection: Wolfe Irvin Perry David Lewis So those would be the names I'd be looking out for

I'm in agreeance.  I just don't see where Chandler Jones fits in, unless they're looking to go base 43 and I don't think that's what BB wants to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Great. Looks like most of us will be online and ready to exchange comments on the picks as the draft unfolds. 

I like PatsEng's idea about moving up a few spots for Brockers via trade with Detroit. Detroit should be a friendly trade partner, and if they are targeting an OL in round 1 like Adams, I agree he should be there at 27. IF Brockers make it to Detroits pick, this would be my way to go in round 1. How long have we been looking for Seymour's replacement? This could be it, plus Brockers plays very well on the interior of the line. I like this pick. 

I agree with Low's comments on Lewis. I think he would be a very welcomed addition to the Pats LB & ST corps. He plays aggressive, loves to hit, and I think can develop into a very good LB. Should be versatile enough to play inside or out. The only issue with Lewis that I see when compared to Perry or Upshaw is he is not particularly known for his pass rushing skills at this point. can he develop? sure, but we need production here now. My only reservation on Lewis at this point unless the Pats double down and grab Curry or someone like that as well with pass rush production. I think Lewis is going to go middle to top of round 2. We would need to pounce on him with a slight trade down from 31. 

What's everyone's take on the Pats travelling to Waco this week to workout Kendall Wright? I considered the Pats taking a WR, but not early. Could this be the pick no one sees coming from BB? Hard to believe given it's public knowledge now, but this is a kid that could slip into round 2 where I think he has great value. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I'm in agreeance.  I just don't see where Chandler Jones fits in, unless they're looking to go base 43 and I don't think that's what BB wants to do.

Ditto. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

For the record, nepatriotsdraft.com, a very good site for all things NE draft related, have the following as their final mock:

27 Chandler Jones  DE/OLB? Syracuse  (He's rising fast, I doubt he's there at this point, but would be pretty happy with the pick if he was.)
    31  Vinny Curry  DE/OLB Marshall   (I really think they're just trying to hit on 1 on the 2 first rounders.  Extremely slim odds of both 1sts being used on conversion guys.)
    48  Trumaine Johnson CB/S Montana (If we miss on H. Smith, I'd be fine with nabbing Johnson here,)
    62 Lavonte David  LB Neb  (Love the pick, but would be suprised if he lasts this long)
    93 Ron Brooks CB/S LSU  (Love the pick, MB was on this guy well before the experts)
    126 Greg Childs WR Arkansas  (Love this one too.  Mocked it myself)

I know many on this board aren't as high on Jones as I am, but I love his upside and think he is rising on boards for a reason.  I would love to see BB go after a guy like this, but it's looking like he's gone within the Top 20 at this point.  I don't like Curry paired with Jones, but other than that this would be a nice haul.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Anyone else see Mark Barron going in the top ten?  I don't think there's any player all experts like as much as Barron (aside from top 5 studs)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I'm in agreeance.  I just don't see where Chandler Jones fits in, unless they're looking to go base 43 and I don't think that's what BB wants to do.

Where did Jones come from? I mean, the kid was relatively obscure until a month or so ago. Now Mayock declares him, "the best defender in this year's draft"?, potentially pushing his stock up to top 10? really? 

My take on him is he is a pure 4-3 DE. I don't think he's a kid that can be converted to 3-4 OLB. The best bet is to bulk him up a bit, and have him play 4-3 DE. In the Pats system, assuming they play the 3-4 base, he's Carter or Anderson's replacement. No way I would use a 1st on this kid, or trade up for that...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Is anyone else getting a nagging feeling that we're going to draft Stephen Hill, WR GA Tech at 27?  Seems like the perfect reason for throwing out the late Kendall Wright smokescreen (if it in fast was a smokescreen...)  Not many have paired Hill with NE, and it seems like our first rounders are usually picks that very few people see coming.  Seems like a pick that no one would really expect BB to make, and that's exactly why I think it could happen.  McD could have a little influence here too.  I, for one, would be pretty disappointed if we gambled on the raw wideout.  I don't think he would be much of a contributer next season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone else see Mark Barron going in the top ten?  I don't think there's any player all experts like as much as Barron (aside from top 5 studs)
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think that when it's all sudden done, Barron doesn't get by Buffalo at #10.  That's why I've kind of given up on the possibility of NE trading up for him.  If he even gets to SEA at #12, I think it's possible that BB could work a trade (possibly involving Hoyer) to move up and get Barron, and I would be thrilled with the move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Where did Jones come from? I mean, the kid was relatively obscure until a month or so ago. Now Mayock declares him, "the best defender in this year's draft"?, potentially pushing his stock up to top 10? really?  My take on him is he is a pure 4-3 DE. I don't think he's a kid that can be converted to 3-4 OLB. The best bet is to bulk him up a bit, and have him play 4-3 DE. In the Pats system, assuming they play the 3-4 base, he's Carter or Anderson's replacement. No way I would use a 1st on this kid, or trade up for that...
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he missed 5 games this season, didn't throw up huge #'s, then declared for the draft right at the deadline I believe so he wasn't a household name.  The project is purely based on upside at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Yeah, he missed 5 games this season, didn't throw up huge #'s, then declared for the draft right at the deadline I believe so he wasn't a household name.  The project is purely based on upside at this point. Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] I think Mayock and Lombardi are 2 of the better draft analysts, but to put this,kid in the top 10 and "best defensive player in the draft" purely on upside seems a bit of a stretch. Anyhow, I hope he goes high because others I want us to target might be there. Agreeon everyone's comments on Barron. I think he could be a top 10'pick. This is what I was saying earlier in the week..if buffalo grabs him, could smith be in play for Dallas at 14? Crazy to think, but a possibility. Mb...Lewis is going to go higher than 62. I don't see him getting past the jets or Dallas in round 2. This is my concern. If we want him, our best bet might be a slight trade down with 31, and nab him around 40.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm really not sold on Childs honestly.

The reason I saw that is his PCL injury. He was a top 15 type of talent before his injury but I've torn my PCL and I can tell you that you never fully recover. Your knee never feels the same and you do lose a lot of movement in that knee. Before anyone questions that I'm not an athlete so how would I know, I was a all-state track runner sub 11s 100m times with scholarship offers from multiple schools at the time. I then tore (to different grades) my ACL, MCL, and PCL in a single instance. I might have recovered from an ACL or even the MCL but because my PCL was also affected schools were so concerned that they dropped the offers on the spot. I had surgery to repair what they could but even 12 years later I still have issues in my knee and I can feel it stiffen up. I didn't lose all mobility but there is no way I could plant and cut the way I use to and I wasn't nearly as explosives planting that I use to be.

I see the same things with Childs. When you look at his negatives they mostly deal with his CoD speed, or that he looks stiff, or that he doesn't have the explosiveness to separate from a CB. IMO this is all because of his knee and if it is then he'll never gain those abilities back. Doesn't mean he can't play but he might never return to his 09' form. Though I think he's learning to compensate for these short comings but his route running, being more physical at the line, better deceptive moves to gain separation, and improving his catching radius I wonder if he's destined to become a short to intermediate quick slant type of possession WR who will gain separation from a jam at the line or a quick move then box out the defender with his large size. He might not get a lot of yac and become more of a go to guy in short yardage situations.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Is anyone else getting a nagging feeling that we're going to draft Stephen Hill, WR GA Tech at 27?  Seems like the perfect reason for throwing out the late Kendall Wright smokescreen (if it in fast was a smokescreen...)  Not many have paired Hill with NE, and it seems like our first rounders are usually picks that very few people see coming.  Seems like a pick that no one would really expect BB to make, and that's exactly why I think it could happen.  McD could have a little influence here too.  I, for one, would be pretty disappointed if we gambled on the raw wideout.  I don't think he would be much of a contributer next season. 

I can't see them taking a WR before #63 honestly. Not with all the WR moves this off-season and the depth of talent at the position. I think Wright was more a move that Wright might be falling and the Pats could be creating interest for a trade like they did last year with Ingram

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]Is anyone else getting a nagging feeling that we're going to draft Stephen Hill, WR GA Tech at 27?  Seems like the perfect reason for throwing out the late Kendall Wright smokescreen (if it in fast was a smokescreen...)  Not many have paired Hill with NE, and it seems like our first rounders are usually picks that very few people see coming.  Seems like a pick that no one would really expect BB to make, and that's exactly why I think it could happen.  McD could have a little influence here too.  I, for one, would be pretty disappointed if we gambled on the raw wideout.  I don't think he would be much of a contributer next season.  Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE] Could be. I wouldn't be a fan of Hill to the Pats, not with our other needs on D taking higher priority. This seems like a luxury pick. I am done with drafting kids high and having them sit on the bench for a year or two. I expect a kid at 27 to be a major contributor year 1.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Is anyone else getting a nagging feeling that we're going to draft Stephen Hill, WR GA Tech at 27?  Seems like the perfect reason for throwing out the late Kendall Wright smokescreen (if it in fast was a smokescreen...)  Not many have paired Hill with NE, and it seems like our first rounders are usually picks that very few people see coming.  Seems like a pick that no one would really expect BB to make, and that's exactly why I think it could happen.  McD could have a little influence here too.  I, for one, would be pretty disappointed if we gambled on the raw wideout.  I don't think he would be much of a contributer next season. 

There's not bigger Hill fan than I am but I don't think he's an option.  It will take Hill two years to learn all the route running.  I much rather if a WR is going to be one of the top two picks, the pick be Rueben Randle.  He's a more complete receiver, doesn't have track speed but uses his size and strength.

Another thing I really like is he reminded me of Hynes Ward last season.  Saw him engaged in blocks down the field, very physical.  I think although Hill has a much higher ceiling Randle has a much higher floor. At worse Randle is a #2 for the rest of Brady's career.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : This wreaks of Robertson in 03', Gholston in 08', Tebow in 10', and Ingram in 11' to me. It was also reported that they might trade up for Barron and they really want McClellin. In addition it was 'leaked' yesterday that they had a 11th hour workout with Kendell Wright the WR. Whenever you hear about these players drawing a lot of interest from the Pats right before the draft then it's likely they won't be taken and the Pats are trying to drum up interest to make another player fall or to entice a trade. Right now at #31 players I see rumors about that might cause a team to trade up are: K Wright D Martin J Jenkins Players I've heard lose connection of interest but nothing concrete: M Brockers C Upshaw H Smith Players I've heard direct connection from sources are: S McClellin M Barron C Jones Now odds say that they loose connections are the most likely targets or players that they've brought in for looks but have no connection: Wolfe Irvin Perry David Lewis So those would be the names I'd be looking out for Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE] Seems logical. Of your loose connections list brought in for looks...I will take Wolfe and Lewis from that list. I am passing on Reyes and still in this draft. If we don't move up for brockers, Wolfe is next on my list to target. I would also target mclellin first, and if he's gone, Lewis is my pick in round 2. Assuming Wolfe and Lewis could be had in round 2 and we missed out on brockers, smith, upshaw, etc, the pats could very well trade both firsts to load up in rounds 2 and 3, maybe a 1 next year. I see this scenario as completely plausible. If the case, assuming we end up with 3 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks, i would be happy assuming they got Wolfe, Lewis, a cb, another DT like Martin, and maybe Markelle Martin or the kid from lsu to play safety

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I'm with you on this one. I believe there is a bigger drop in talent after the 1st round on the offensive side (impact to good) than the defensive side (pretty good to good) and thus think BB will target WR/OL in the 1st round. Most of the available DEs, DTs, LBs and DBs you can draw names from a hat and be equal on talent

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I'm with you on this one. I believe there is a bigger drop in talent after the 1st round on the offensive side (impact to good) than the defensive side (pretty good to good) and thus think BB will target WR/OL in the 1st round. Most of the available DEs, DTs, LBs and DBs you can draw names from a hat and be equal on talent
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about your impact players on the O side comment. Take out Floyd and Blackmon and the rest you can toss into a bag until the end of the 2nd as all have provides. Sanu and Jeffery have questions about separation at the next level, Hill is extremely raw, Wright some question if he will be anything more then a fast slot guy, McNutt and Jones question on production, Randle about his route running. Any and all of them could be great but all have been labeled fringe #1 WR's more then likely #2 WR types.

With OL I really can't see them taking an OL early. If Vollmers back is healthy they have Vollmer (RT), Solder (LT), Cannon (RG), and Mankins (LG) as starters moving forward. If Vollmers back isn't healthy then they have 3 Solder (LT), Canno (RT), Mankins (LG). They are also high on McDonald as a future starting C which he looked pretty good when taking over for Connolly. Needs some more polishing but looks pretty decent. So, really worst case they are looking at an eventual C and a RG. RG's you typically don't target early and some of the Pats best RG's have come in the 5+ range. C is a possibility but then you are talking Konz. Konz should be an immediate starter so why sign Connolly and Koppen both if they were thinking Konz? Past Konz all guys need some work but with Scar they could take a player like Molk in the middle of the draft rather then spending high on a C. I just don't see OL being taken early this year unless they are convinced that there are no RG prospects they could groom over a year period to replace Waters if Vollmers health is an issue and Cannon will be the long term RT

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Bedard had a good article about the Pat's priming for 2013 season with this draft. He said they could field a team w/o this years draft that would be favored to win, as it is.

Similar to what Faucet put out a while back with contract status of our roster.

I see them taking a player of value with 27, whoever drops that fits BB's quality pick strategy.

I see us trading 31. I think at the end of the weekend, we will have 2 new front seven players, 2 secondary players, and one WR...

I'll post actual names after my next meeting...just to go on record...LOL