***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I just keep thinking Mike Wright, but if McClelling is clear and they haven't been a problem, he's the pick at 27.  Too good a football player to pass up IMO.  
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Exactly! give him a Mark Kelso (Bills  SS in the 90s hey days) helmet. of course he will look a lot like Rick Moranis ( Lord Dark Helmet) in Spaceballs but hey if it works!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Who will be upset if the Pats draft Zebrie Sanders OT?  I think an OT will be drafted, OL looks OK now but it's one retirement away and an injury from not looking so great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Who will be upset if the Pats draft Zebrie Sanders OT?  I think an OT will be drafted, OL looks OK now but it's one retirement away and an injury from not looking so great.

lol for some reason I don't see Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, or Thomas retiring soon but an injury is possible. But, you don't draft early on just in case of injury. Now if you are talking about RG for Waters after next year then you might be on to something, or a swing T/G that could become a starting G eventually then sure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Faucet is on-line, pouring some wine and ready to dine.  My concern is today could be boring if we move back twice into early round 2.  But I feel we'll take Harrison Smith at 27 then trade 31 and tomorrow will be more exciting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]I've got a feeling Dallas is going to pay a lot for Barron. More I watch Smith, the more I see a Day 1 Starter on the Pats. This kid will cover todays TE's no problem.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    Welcome to our team bobbysu.  Now there's me, Mb and you.  Who else is jumping on the Smith train?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]Pats move up trade with Houston, get 26 and have 27th. McClellin and Smith. If not Packers grabs 1 for sure. Need both for that team.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    I have to wonder with the Kyle Clifton retirement if the Packers readdress OL also the same with Philly who just lost Peters

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : lol for some reason I don't see Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, or Thomas retiring soon but an injury is possible. But, you don't draft early on just in case of injury. Now if you are talking about RG for Waters after next year then you might be on to something, or a swing T/G that could become a starting G eventually then sure
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

LMAO, all those guys are almost 25 over the hill already they need to hang them up.  

I was thinking more along the lines of Waters and Koppen and Voll's back.  Sanders has LT potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Welcome to our team bobbysu.  Now there's me, Mb and you.  Who else is jumping on the Smith train?
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I've been there and think he's such a good player than I believe he goes early 20s.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I'm hearing Pats are going to move up ahead of Chicago for Chandler Jones.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'm going into a pool with buddies on mock drafts, I think I'm about to give some money up. I went crazy, I either come across as a genious or an idiot lol in blue are my trades Pick Team Position Player 1 Indi QB Andrew Luck 2 Was QB Robert Griffin III 3 Minnesota CB Morris Claiborne 4 NYJ (Cle) RB Trent Richardson 5 Tampa Bay MLB Luke Kuechly 6 St. Louis (Was) OT  Matt Kalil 7 Jacksonville WR Justin Blackmon 8 Dallas (Mia) S Mark Barron 9 Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore 10 Buffalo OT Riley Reiff 11 Kansas City ILB Donta Hightower 12 Seattle DE Quinton Couples 13 Arizona OG David DeCastro 14 Miami (Dal) DE Melvin Ingram 15 Philadelphia DT Fletcher Cox 16 Clev (NYJ) WR Michael Floyd 17 Cinci (Oak) CB Dre Kirkpatrick 18 Ten (SD) DE Chandler Jones 19 Chicago DE Nick Perry 20 SD (Ten) S Harrison Smith 21 Cincinnati DE Courtney Upshaw 22 Cleveland (Atl) OT Jonathan Martin 23 Detroit CB Janoris Jenkins 24 Pittsburgh OG Cordy Glenn 25 Denver QB Ryan Tannehill 26 Houston WR Stephen hill 27 NE (NO) OLB Shea McClellin 28 Green Bay OLB Whitney Mercilus 29 Mia (Bal) QB Kirk Cousins 30 San Francisco DE Michael Brockers 31 St Louis (NE) WR Kendall Wright 32 NYG OT Mike Adams

dallas says they wont trade into 10 or lower.
    cleveland traded into 3 presumably for richardson.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I've been there and think he's such a good player than I believe he goes early 20s.
    Awesome!  One more and we have a basketball team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Who will be upset if the Pats draft Zebrie Sanders OT?  I think an OT will be drafted, OL looks OK now but it's one retirement away and an injury from not looking so great.

been planing for an o line all along.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Posted by Pats7393[/QUOT

iI agree ,. his resume his much like like Ben Watson's. outside of being a good football player, his off field activities,  interests , and intellect  appear to match the "Patriot style". i would love him at 62.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]I'm hearing Pats are going to move up ahead of Chicago for Chandler Jones.

Jets are rummored to want him at 16

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : lol for some reason I don't see Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, or Thomas retiring soon but an injury is possible. But, you don't draft early on just in case of injury. Now if you are talking about RG for Waters after next year then you might be on to something, or a swing T/G that could become a starting G eventually then sure
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

best woudl be a t/g/c option guy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Welcome to our team bobbysu.  Now there's me, Mb and you.  Who else is jumping on the Smith train?

im on the outside of that train. ill jump on  if we get him. but im not leadng the charge

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ditto on the OL. Not with as many holes we have on defense, and the current state of our,OL. The pats d I think is 3 players away from being very good. 1 DT! 1 olb, 1 S?..all impact players, not for depth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Here we go boys... enjoy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

NFL Network will not give away the picks.  Don't watch ESPN.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Welcome to our team bobbysu.  Now there's me, Mb and you.  Who else is jumping on the Smith train? Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE] I am on if the pats don't trade up,for Barron obviously.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Ditto on the OL. Not with as many holes we have on defense, and the current state of our,OL. The pats d I think is 3 players away from being very good. 1 DT! 1 olb, 1 S?..all impact players, not for depth.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

"..all impact players, not for depth."

say that again!

1 large outside wr
    1 o line

1 slot wr in fa or with the last pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow, Colts select Luck, first shocker already!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Okay....luck , overall #1, no brainier ...itsmwhatmthe colts needed to do... Next up...Washington redskins

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

RGIII then Richardson

The question is does TB trade with Viks to ensure they get Claiborne then Viks can take Kalil or Blackmon, as both have been leaked to them. Heck they could trade yet again with Bills after TB because the Bills want Kalil

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think Clayborne goes 4th either to the viks or whom ever trades up