***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Assuming they go RB, I'm hoping to see LaMichael or Lamar or Vick... or maybe Polk, etc... particularly LaMichael, that kid is electric.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I personally prefer Isaiah Pead because James is coming off injury and a bit of a knucklehead

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I'm not sure about LaMichael. Yes the kid is electric but when you break down his numbers most of them came against some pretty weak college D's. Against SEC teams he had poor performances. He's also always dinged up and give his smaller size that could be a huge red flag for his long term durability. Miller might be a possibility though. I mean a 5'11" 215 kid that runs a sub 4.4 No thank you on Polk. It might be unfair but after watching him in the senior bowl the kid looked lost to me. He looked slow, didn't make quick decision, wasn't the best CoD, and in blitz pickup he looked like a HS kid against Bama
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I think the difference with LaMichael would be, in college he was the focal point, in NE, he'd be just another guy that you'd have to account for... kid could/would do so much damage in space.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't know how any of you feel, but Charley Casserly has been awesome on the NFL Networks draft shows.  Not only does he know what he's talking about with the credentials to back it up, but he's got personality... love it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]According to Manza (so take it with a huge grain of salt) the Pats are targeting RB and DB. I can't see RB over say WR but if they player they want are gone when they pick then they will most definitely trade backwards. My guess would be if they trade back #48 that they would be more open to using #63 on a DT and if they trade back #63 then they might look at an additional WR in later rounds Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE] If she is right that doesn't give me a ton of confidence in Ridley and vereen considering we spent a 2nd and 3rd last year on these guys. It would say something about the confidence the pats have in them. Why burn a 2nd when we could sign a fairly inexpensive FA? I don't like an RB in round 2 at all...would much rather have a WR, cb or DT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": If she is right that doesn't give me a ton of confidence in Ridley and vereen considering we spent a 2nd and 3rd last year on these guys. It would say something about the confidence the pats have in them. Why burn a 2nd when we could sign a fairly inexpensive FA? I don't like an RB in round 2 at all...would much rather have a WR, cb or DT.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. I don't like the idea of a RB at all. Just seems like they wasted a high pick on either Vereen or Ridley if they picked a RB in the 2nd today. Personally if they lost confidence in anyone I would expect Vereen (who had durability concerns going in). That's why I wouldn't want to take another durability concern in LaMichaels. If it was in the 4th+ round they took a RB who primary duty is as a KRer then I'll feel it was a good move but not in the 2nd

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

Is no one big on Trumaine Johnson? I know BOSTON.com picked him and Chris Devins...I like the 2 picks. But can you explain the better value in the other CB over Johnson?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I think the difference with LaMichael would be, in college he was the focal point, in NE, he'd be just another guy that you'd have to account for... kid could/would do so much damage in space.

While I don't disagree with you at all on on this point, I don't think it matters. The Pats have not done a great job of designing plays to get such players in space to take advantage of their gift over the years.

Maroney was good in space. Pats never did anything creative to take advantage of his abilities and instead just let him flounder in trying to be a traditional back reading a hole, which he could't do. Edelman? I've said before i have my doubts about Brady trusting him cause I do not understand how they have not found ways to use his dangerous elusive quickness on offense. They've done a bit of it with Woodhead to great success and then explicably forgotten all about it at other times.

Those are just the ones that jump to mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": If she is right that doesn't give me a ton of confidence in Ridley and vereen considering we spent a 2nd and 3rd last year on these guys. It would say something about the confidence the pats have in them. Why burn a 2nd when we could sign a fairly inexpensive FA? I don't like an RB in round 2 at all...would much rather have a WR, cb or DT.

No idea if the report was accurate but it has been shown that it is more rare than not to get anything substantial from the verteran FA RB's that are left for dead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I just took the biggest need for each, if they used a 1st round to address that need I went to second biggest.  I know this won't happen but I would call it a draft:

1(33) Rams WR Ruben Randle
    2(34) Colts TE Coby Fleener
    3(35) Ravens (Vikings) OLB Courtney Upshaw
    4(36) Broncos (Bucs) DT Jerel Worthy
    5(37) Browns OT Cordy Glenn
    6(38) Jaguars OT Jonathan Martin
    7(39) Rams (Skins) OT Mike Adams
    8(40) Panthers DE Andre Branch
    9(41) Bills OT Zebrie Sanders
    10(42) Dolphins DE Vinny Curry
    11(43) Seahawks LB Lavonte David
    12(44) Chiefs LB Ronnell Lewis
    13(45) Rams (Cowboys) WR Stephen Hill
    14(46) Eagles LB Zach Brown
    15(47) Jets OT Bobby Massie
    16(48) Patriots (Raiders) CB Janoris Jenkins
    17(49) Chargers NT Alameda Ta'amu
    18(50) Bears OT Kelechi Osemele
    19(51) Eagles (Cards) S George Iloka
    20(52) Titans CB Josh Robinson
    21(53) Bengals WR Chris Givens
    22(54) Lions CB Trumaine Johnson
    23(55) Falcons TE Ladarius Green
    24(56) Steelers NT Brandon Thompson
    25(57) Broncos RB Lamar Miller
    26(58) Texans OT Mitchell Schwartz
    27(59) Packers CB/S Jamell Flemming
    28(60) Ravens WR Alshon Jeffery
    29(61) 49ers OC/G Peter Konz
    30(62) Patriots DT Kendall Reyes
    31(63) Giants OC/G Ben Jones

No FS needed to be drafted, Jenkins goes to LCB DM moves to FS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I just took the biggest need for each, if they used a 1st round to address that need I went to second biggest.  I know this won't happen but I would call it a draft: 1 (33) Rams WR Ruben Randle 2 (34) Colts TE Coby Fleener 3 (35) Ravens   (Vikings) OLB Courtney Upshaw 4 (36) Broncos   (Bucs) DT Jerel Worthy 5 (37) Browns OT Cordy Glenn 6 (38) Jaguars OT Jonathan Martin 7 (39) Rams   (Skins) OT Mike Adams 8 (40) Panthers DE Andre Branch 9 (41) Bills OT Zebrie Sanders 10 (42) Dolphins DE Vinny Curry 11 (43) Seahawks LB Lavonte David 12 (44) Chiefs LB Ronnell Lewis 13 (45) Rams   (Cowboys) WR Stephen Hill 14 (46) Eagles LB Zach Brown 15 (47) Jets OT Bobby Massie 16 (48) Patriots   (Raiders) CB Janoris Jenkins 17 (49) Chargers NT Alameda Ta'amu 18 (50) Bears OT Kelechi Osemele 19 (51) Eagles   (Cards) S George Iloka 20 (52) Titans CB Josh Robinson 21 (53) Bengals WR Chris Givens 22 (54) Lions CB Trumaine Johnson 23 (55) Falcons TE Ladarius Green 24 (56) Steelers NT Brandon Thompson 25 (57) Broncos RB Lamar Miller 26 (58) Texans OT Mitchell Schwartz 27 (59) Packers CB/S Jamell Flemming 28 (60) Ravens WR Alshon Jeffery 29 (61) 49ers OC/G Peter Konz 30 (62) Patriots DT Kendall Reyes 31 (63) Giants OC/G Ben Jones No FS needed to be drafted, Jenkins goes to LCB DM moves to FS.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Any combo of Robinson/Jenkins at CB and Reyes at DT would make this just a ridiculous draft haul... extra points if they can pick up a Rd 3 or Day 3 pick in the process.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Any combo of Robinson/Jenkins at CB and Reyes at DT would make this just a ridiculous draft haul... extra points if they can pick up a Rd 3 or Day 3 pick in the process.

I didn't want to include any trades but if at 62 Reyes, Still, Wolfe are still there they move down into 3rd and still pick one of them up.

Jenkins I'm sold on drafting, he's a #1 CB day one.  Gives BB so many different options and I really like Moore think he will continue to get better.  So all in all this could be a very good secondary this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I have a funny feeling that some players will be traded fairly soon with the Pats. The players I think most likely to be traded are: Brace - for a 6th or 7th round pick Arrington - for a 4th or 5th round pick Mallett - for a 2nd or early 3rd round pick Hoyer - for a 4th or 5th round pick Cunningham - for a 6th or 7th round pick Edelman - for a 5th or 6th round pick I just can't see BB going into day 3 without any picks

this is what i was hoping too. dotn think they trade mallet till we know what he is

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Enjoy Day 2 boys!  I'll be online following Rd 3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I like Randall, was talking him up a week ago at 93 or 126.  But with only a pair of seconds left, unless we trade down, I don't see the value.  I like Martin or Wolfe at 62 and Reyes, Still or Worthy at 48 if they happens to last.  But, we still have that glaring need at FS and assuming DM's the answer, we have a glaring need at CB.  So I think Jenkins at 62. If we feel Jenkins will be there at 62 then we can have fun with 48.  We can trade it for a 3rd this year and 1st or 2nd next year or take a play maker like LaMichael James, Rueben Randle, Alshon Jeffrey, Stephen Hill or we can get a little more depth for the OL if Konz, Silatulo, Masse or Adams.  Or we could double down on pass rushers with Curry or Branch.  A lot of options still in play.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

lots of good options you list.. agreed.
    id like jeffery and jenkins.
    if we ca get a top cb who is also great kr (jenkinbs and others), big outside wr and d line like wolfe or thompson, etc that would be outstanding. so trading a player would help

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I didn't want to include any trades but if at 62 Reyes, Still, Wolfe are still there they move down into 3rd and still pick one of them up. Jenkins I'm sold on drafting, he's a #1 CB day one.  Gives BB so many different options and I really like Moore think he will continue to get better.  So all in all this could be a very good secondary this year.

we are on the same page with all of that, only like to also add big outside wr.
    player or 2013 2nd added

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The more I think about Jenkins and remember how much he shut down Julio Jones and A.J. Green and plenty of other SEC #1 receivers the more I say take him at 48. Imagine the flexibility to then have DM or Dowling move to FS, in nickle Jenkins takes the #1 receiver, dowling #2, Arrington #3 and DM to FS.  One pick gives them a ton of options, not including Moore who I think will only get better and Will Alles who can still play slot CB at a very high level. He just scares the heck out of me but he is a shut down corner.  If the locker room in NE strong enough to control a player like that?  I think so, Will Allen would be a great mentor IMO.  Big VW would squash him if he gets out of line.

73 where have you been when ive been saying all of that for the last 6 weeks or so (and taking a beating). including "he shut down Julio Jones and A.J. Green"
    but add alshon jeffery to that as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta come out of the 2nd with more flexibility in the secondary. Jenkins, if he wants to take a chance with moving someone else to FS, or maybe Taylor, but we need more talent in the DBackfield.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

pats have been reported to be planning to keep devin at fs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

these are my thoughts as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Yeah I agree. I don't like the idea of a RB at all. Just seems like they wasted a high pick on either Vereen or Ridley if they picked a RB in the 2nd today. Personally if they lost confidence in anyone I would expect Vereen (who had durability concerns going in). That's why I wouldn't want to take another durability concern in LaMichaels. If it was in the 4th+ round they took a RB who primary duty is as a KRer then I'll feel it was a good move but not in the 2nd

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Any combo of Robinson/Jenkins at CB and Reyes at DT would make this just a ridiculous draft haul... extra points if they can pick up a Rd 3 or Day 3 pick in the process.

agreed and if teh 3rd guy is the huge outside wr, im on board

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : 73 where have you been when ive been saying all of that for the last 6 weeks or so (and taking a beating). including "he shut down Julio Jones and A.J. Green" but add alshon jeffery to that as well. Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE] Sorry bro. No way I take Jenkins in this draft, especially in the 2nd. Undeniable talent, but a complete knucklehead. We don't need guys like this on the roster. jones and Hightower are both high character kids beside their on the field attributes. Leaders if their respective D's and clean off the field. There are several cb's in round 2 that I feel would be great for us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

well, 1 of my favorite WR's taken off the board early (Quick)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

two off the board we don't care about.  Love it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

agree on quick on eof my guys.
    so damn!

but hoping a lot of o line and qbs get picked today in rd 2

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!": Sorry bro. No way I take Jenkins in this draft, especially in the 2nd. Undeniable talent, but a complete knucklehead. We don't need guys like this on the roster. jones and Hightower are both high character kids beside their on the field attributes. Leaders if their respective D's and clean off the field. There are several cb's in round 2 that I feel would be great for us.

interesting. didnt i respond to your post saying to taek jenkins?