***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

Well I'm sure they are about to bring in a few UDFAs, I WANT Ryan Miller OG, Dennis Kelly OT, Dominique Hamilton DT/DE, Daryl Richardson RB Abilene Christian, 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

im out guys. gotta go train.
    check in late this eve.

see if you want to give a round by round grade and total grade.
    while you are at it, if you want to rate teh other total drafts in the nfl and individual "steal" picks.

peace

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    Well I'm sure they are about to bring in a few UDFAs, I WANT Ryan Miller OG, Dennis Kelly OT, Dominique Hamilton DT/DE, Daryl Richardson RB Abilene Christian, 
    Posted by Pats7393

thanks for bringing me a dt and rb
    is the back a potential 3 down back?
    a versatile o lineman would be good too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks for all the good stuff from the "draftniks"!
    appreciate it.
    peace

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

im out guys. gotta go train.
    Posted by bredbru

Do you train UFC?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I hear ya and I agree in terms of 48 being wasted.  They could of had Konz, James or Randle.  What I'm trying to say is, BB was given a Mulligan and hit the crap out of it 310 yards down the middle of the fairway with Dennard.  I see Dennard a as FS conversion who hits and tackles and would have been worth pick 48 if he didn't have the off-the-field stuff. Jeremy Ebert can play too.  He was very productive at Northwestern.  The kid had 71/1025/11 last year and 62/953/8 in 2010.  He's fast for a white kid, 4.41, I think.  Could be the next Welker.
    Posted by Faucetman

Oh well...what's done is done. I'm expecting the Pats to sign an undrafted FA RB, and to sign a veteran (Hightower) through free agency.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! :      Oh well...what's done is done. I'm expecting the Pats to sign an undrafted FA RB, and to sign a veteran (Hightower) through free agency.  
    Posted by TexasPat

Lol. Two hightowers on the team would be cool.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Posted by Pats7393

Richardson is gone

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

well we do need a "next welker" ok total draft grades
    Posted by bredbru

With the Mulligan, I give the Pats an A.  It would be an A+ if we didn't shank pick 48 into the ravine.  In terms of the roster and bolstering areas of weakness, we did a great job. 

Jones replaces Carter (but he could be back)
    Hightower replaces Guyton
    Dennard replaces Ihedigbo
    Bequette replaces Anderson

All should be long term upgrades. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Some Possible UDFA's???

Chris Polk
    Michael Brewster
    Leonard Johnson
    Patrick Edwards
    James Brown
    Ryan Steed
    Bobby Rainey
    Derek Carrier
    Dale Moss
    Nicoles Jean-Baptiste
    Trevor Coston
    Brett Roy
    Matt Conrath
    Ryan Davis
    Adrian Hamilton
    Vince Brown
    Eric Page
    Coale Beasley
    James Carmon
    Rico Wallace
    Fozzy Whittaker
    Logan Kerr
    Brandon Bolden
    Matt Conrath
    Micah Pellerin
    Shawn Loiseau
    Chase Ford
    Chase Minnifield
    Lance Dunbar
    Noah Keller

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : With the Mulligan, I give the Pats an A.  It would be an A+ if we didn't shank pick 48 into the ravine.  In terms of the roster and bolstering areas of weakness, we did a great job.  Jones replaces Carter (but he could be back) Hightower replaces Guyton Dennard replaces Ihedigbo Bequette replaces Anderson All should be long term upgrades.   
    Posted by Faucetman

love the shankk into the ravine analogy!
    :)

keep bringing the humor and positive light of things

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'll take:

Chris Minnifield CB
    Donnie Fletcher DB
    Jean Baptiste DT
    James Brown G
    Michael Brewster C
    Matt Reynolds T
    Chase Ford TE
    Chris Polk RB
    Damarlo Belcher WR

as UDFA's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'll take: Chris Minnifield CB Donnie Fletcher DB Jean Baptiste DT James Brown G Michael Brewster C Matt Reynolds T Chase Ford TE Chris Polk RB Damarlo Belcher WR as UDFA
    eng

ok man get on the phone :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

List starting to thin....

Some Possible UDFA's???

Vince Brown
    Fozzy Whittaker
    Logan Kerr
    Brandon Bolden

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pats sign  Jeremiah Warren, OL, South Florida

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Jones replaces Carter (but he could be back) Hightower replaces Guyton Dennard replaces Ihedigbo Bequette replaces Anderson All should be long term upgrades.   

Posted by Faucetman

I understand where you're coming from and long term is right, but rookies don't replace veteran production, unless the veteran in question was lousy. So I think it would be a major stretch to expect Jones/Bequette to replace Carter/Anderson. The other guys I can see it happening, but even with those guys there will be a learning curve. If there are four rookies starting on defense, I would expect some rough times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pats sign  Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Grrr packers got both Dale Moss and Darius Reynolds wth

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pats sign  Marcus Forston, DL, Miami

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pats sign  Brad Herman, TE, Iowa

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : I understand where you're coming from and long term is right, but rookies don't replace veteran production, unless the veteran in question was lousy. So I think it would be a major stretch to expect Jones/Bequette to replace Carter/Anderson. The other guys I can see it happening, but even with those guys there will be a learning curve. If there are four rookies starting on defense, I would expect some rough times.
    Posted by Muzwell

I didn't say starters, I said replacing on the roster.  Guyton and Anderson were not regular starters and Ihedigbo shouldn't have been a starter if we didn't have so many injuries.  Hightower will push Spikes/Ninko for PT especially in passing downs.  I actually think Bequette is NFL ready as a situational pass rusher and Jones also you would expect to see a lot of action on passing downs. 

Carter could very well be back but I don't know if we have room for him now.

Dennard could see a lot of action in nickel and dime sets.  I would rather see him step in at FS and release Allen to make space.  Some of these guys, the 6-7 rounders and UDFA are PS material.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

42 players were drafted from SEC schools, 1 more than the Big Ten

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

God I love Dont'a Hightower!!  Just read his post draft interview on Patriots.com.  This kid is going to be special.  Maybe even Junior Seau special but more versatile.  Mb, what was it [5]?  Can't believe we got him.  I thought he Steelers would take him but they couldn't pass on their stud OG.

Here are a couple of quotes:

I think I'm tough, physical, hard-nosed. I'm a big hitter. I'm going t o get to the ball. When I get to the ball, I'm going to make sure whoever has the ball or whoever is around the ball, they're going to feel me. I'm definitely going to be an intimidator, definitely want to be somebody who, not even the running back or quarterback, but even the offensive linemen want to know where I'm at on the field at all times. I'm definitely going to get to the ball.

I dropped all the time. A lot of the teams didn't want to run the ball on us. A lot of people don't understand the coverage or the zone match to it. A lot of people think I don't drop in coverage, but it's just more complicated than it really is. Nine times out of 10, teams don't really want to run the ball on us, so we'd have to go into a sub or down package.

You condition yourself in practice and that's where it starts. You practice how you play. A lot of people say that and don't mean it, but if you don't work hard at practice then you're not going to do what you do in practice in a game. You can't just turn a switch on in a game. It's all about how you practice and I definitely take pride in being on the field and all that, especially if it's four downs for special teams. I'm competitive and I'm passionate about football. This is what I like to do. This is what I love to do. I'm going to do whatever I can to be on the field, whether it's special teams for the first couple of games or if I'm on the field for three downs and on punt return or something. I'm going to do what I can to get on the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

God I love Dont'a Hightower!!  Just read his post draft interview on Patriots.com.  This kid is going to be special.  Maybe even Junior Seau special but more versatile.  Mb, what was it [5]?  Can't believe we got him.  I thought he Steelers would take him but they couldn't pass on their stud OG. Here are a couple of quotes: I think I'm tough, physical, hard-nosed. I'm a big hitter. ...
    Posted by Faucetman

not to be neg here... but i have a motto that i hope does not apply here.

when you say you're cool, you're not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : not to be neg here... but i have a motto that i hope does not apply here. when you say you're cool, you're not.
    Posted by seattlepat70

this kid is the real deal.  don't worry.

Sections
Shortcuts