***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

He's just fcuingk around now...that much is clear.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    Maybe Ebner is the Steven Neal of DB's?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

That would be awesome, make this guy a in the box S and whe would punish people.  For some reason I really like this pick after looking at the player a bit more.  

I agree with someone's comments, could turn into a fan favorite and a walking highlight reel

This team has a limited number of open roster spots.  I'm higher on Moore and Gregory than most so think they are ok in the secondary with the pass rush they just added.  In the 6th and 7th round players like this are awesome.

I wish they would had picked up another OT but they must feel ok with Solder, Vollmer and their depth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

For those that missed it.  Todd McShay said he had him as the 163rd safety and Mel said 165.

I guess that makes Tavon a blue chip by comparison.

Rugby players love to hit so I'm all in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

So we have scouts who watch college rugby to find our defensive players?

So that explains the play of our defensive backfield all these years....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Maybe we can draft the backup goalie from the Minnesota Gophers hockey team next.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

This pick is the stuff I love to see to be honest. 

BB sees the whole person. He plays rugby, learned from his father, strong ethic. Motivated. Fast. Tough (how tough is playing rugby?). 

BB says "let's give him a chance". That says a lot about BB right there. 

It's official. I'm in on this guy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

One area he helps is oponents starting position after kickoff, he's got good speed and size to get down and make a play.  Last season Pats started out well but if I remember right as the season progressed teams started getting better field positon on them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It would be epic to be in the war room when BB makes some of these decisions. 

Do you think Robert Kraft thought W-T-F is BB doing with my money when BB annouced this pick? 

Or

Do you think BB say's okay guys watch this pick...  And when it's announced everyone in the room busts out in laughter all knowing that next off season NFL scouts are going to be out at rugby games searching for talent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Let's face it.  The Pats secondary has been decimated by injuries for as long as I can remember.  Throughout the BB era iirc.

Wilson and Ebner both sound durable and smart.
    If these guys can play this will be huge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

It would be epic to be in the war room when BB makes some of these decisions.  Do you think Robert Kraft thought W-T-F is BB doing with my money when BB annouced this pick?  Or Do you think BB say's okay guys watch this pick...  And when it's announced everyone in the room busts out in laughter all knowing that next off season NFL scouts are going to be out at rugby games searching for talent.
    Posted by TFB12

Absolutely the latter. He is clearly just having fun now. He knows that the odds of anyone drafted here making this team is almost negligible.

Next pick will be for Hulk Hogan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIq-MaR5rCM I like this guy already. I predict he'll be a huge fan favorite. 
    Posted by mrbungle

I predict he won't make the team and will never see the field.  It seems we now have 50 ST gunners on the roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The annoucers have given up, they don't even announce the Patriots latest pick.  Hahaha!!!

Can't wait for their last pick. 

Pick number 235 is going to be traded for 6 cheeseburgers, 5 large Dr. Peppers, 1 Pepsi, 4 orders of onion rings, 2 orders of fries 5 to be delivered to their war room for next years draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I've been a member here for a while and haven't always agreed with the picks or lack there off (mathews, Reed, barwin ect) but this season I can't understand the criticism. 

I understand there were some players we wanted but man BB got Jones, Hightower and Bequette!  All three guys are high character immediate impact players in a really week part of the roster.  We've screamed get us pass rushers and he gave us 2 top 20 prospects and an under rated Bequette who led the SEC in sacks last year. 

So he drafted a S/CB combo who wasn't invited to the combine and all the experts didn't know much about him.  Well I don't think he didn't get drafted in the 2nd if he didn't show something and I understand the misses in the 2nd round.

I'm higher on guys on the current roster and also know the O was improved and should put up more points per game than last season.  With that said if the Pats were in sub packages 70% of the time last season imagine what that number goes to this season.

So in sub packages, you have pass rusher through out the DL.  Better LBs and can move DBs around.  Moore I really like and he kept getting better and better last season, Will Allen is a really good inside CB so is Arrington.  Dowling should be back 100% prior to his final season in college he didn't have any history of injuries.

So what I'm saying is, hell I don't know but I'm excited as hell about the FAs and draft picks even the rugby kid who looks like will punish people in STs.  I think if you have DM at FS Chung SS Dowling LCB Arrington/Moore RCB, Allen/Gregory slot that's a pretty good secondary and a ton of pass rushers on the team.

The O is going to put up a ton of points, the D will be able to T off on the QB.  I will even say you will see an increase of INTs because QBs will be throwing off balance and before they want to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Maybe we can draft the backup goalie from the Minnesota Gophers hockey team next.
    Posted by sml1210

Don't give BB any ideas

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

He's clearly doing it to put Mel and Todd in their places. He's saying "look, I'm gonna draft someone you have no idea who the hell they are." He's just playing with them now.

Next pick.....Adam Schwartz, Clemson....Waterboy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I like the pick. THe guy will contribute right away on ST's and has some upside as a SS. In the 6th why not? Well worth the risk at that point. Besides he's hard hitting, can be coached up, works his butt off, and earns the respect of his team mates. I like this kid

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I hope we now have enough depth to say goodbye to Sergio Brown.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

I've been a member here for a while and haven't always agreed with the picks or lack there off (mathews, Reed, barwin ect) but this season I can't understand the criticism.  I understand there were some players we wanted but man BB got Jones, Hightower and Bequette!  All three guys are high character immediate impact players in a really week part of the roster.  We've screamed get us pass rushers and he gave us 2 top 20 prospects and an under rated Bequette who led the SEC in sacks last year.  So he drafted a S/CB combo who wasn't invited to the combine and all the experts didn't know much about him.  Well I don't think he didn't get drafted in the 2nd if he didn't show something and I understand the misses in the 2nd round. I'm higher on guys on the current roster and also know the O was improved and should put up more points per game than last season.  With that said if the Pats were in sub packages 70% of the time last season imagine what that number goes to this season. So in sub packages, you have pass rusher through out the DL.  Better LBs and can move DBs around.  Moore I really like and he kept getting better and better last season, Will Allen is a really good inside CB so is Arrington.  Dowling should be back 100% prior to his final season in college he didn't have any history of injuries. So what I'm saying is, hell I don't know but I'm excited as hell about the FAs and draft picks even the rugby kid who looks like will punish people in STs.  I think if you have DM at FS Chung SS Dowling LCB Arrington/Moore RCB, Allen/Gregory slot that's a pretty good secondary and a ton of pass rushers on the team. The O is going to put up a ton of points, the D will be able to T off on the QB.  I will even say you will see an increase of INTs because QBs will be throwing off balance and before they want to.
    Posted by Pats7393

Dude. You are missing the joke.

This guy will NEVER see the field in a regular season game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Dude. You are missing the joke. This guy will NEVER see the field in a regular season game.
    Posted by sml1210

You're not a guy prone to positive thoughts are you? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Dude. You are missing the joke. This guy will NEVER see the field in a regular season game.
    Posted by sml1210

Not missing it, should had said it was a comment based on a few threads on the board and I guess didn't find the sarcasms funny.  I disagree, he will be a good special teams guy will see plenty in kickoffs and punt return teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Kheeston Randall was still available!  Would had liked him with the next pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

To those ridiculing the 197th pick I give you the 199th pick of the 2000 NFL draft:

Trust the Hoodie. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Not missing it, should had said it was a comment based on a few threads on the board and I guess didn't find the sarcasms funny.  I disagree, he will be a good special teams guy will see plenty in kickoffs and punt return teams.
    Posted by Pats7393

Agreed.  Special teams are underrated (at least while we still have kickoffs).  He could be the next Larry Izzo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Is Dominique Hamilton still available?  anyone know?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Is Dominique Hamilton still available?  anyone know?
    Posted by Pats7393

yes he is.

Sections
Shortcuts