***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Great job all year Faucet with these roster breakdowns!
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Thanks and thanks for keeping your board updated throughout.  Thanks to everyone who contributed this year.  We drafted several popular players that many of us liked, Hightower, Bequette and late in the process, Jones.  I think Bequette could be as good if not better in terms of a pass rusher as McClellin.  He think he has a lot of Vrabel in him but faster.  Some of us were high on Dennard early on so to get 3-4 picks out of 7 that we liked was doing good IMO.  I don't think any of us had Wilson, or the two Es but now we get to see if BB is more of a genius than us:).

Great draft season ya all.  It's been 5-6 years now that I've participated in this and consider all of you friends although we've never met.  Guess Mb will start this up again in Aug/Sep and we can start getting ready for college football. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! UPDATED W/ MOCK V3 4/12! : Thanks and thanks for keeping your board updated throughout.  Thanks to everyone who contributed this year.  We drafted several popular players that many of us liked, Hightower, Bequette and late in the process, Jones.  I think Bequette could be as good if not better in terms of a pass rusher as McClellin.  He think he has a lot of Vrabel in him but faster.  Some of us were high on Dennard early on so to get 3-4 picks out of 7 that we liked was doing good IMO.  I don't think any of us had Wilson, or the two Es but now we get to see if BB is more of a genius than us:). Great draft season ya all.  It's been 5-6 years now that I've participated in this and consider all of you friends although we've never met.  Guess Mb will start this up again in Aug/Sep and we can start getting ready for college football. 
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Amen, brothah!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

Another good year by everyone here. I don't think anyone guessed the actual order of things as far as the draft was concerned for our beloved bretheren from Foxboro!
    BB was on XM radio moving the Chains which will be rebroadcast at sometime this evening 4/30. I look foward to our getting together again for the process of procurring players for the greatest football team in this century!!!!!My first fav for this year was Kuechly and next guy was FIU's Hilton but I feel vindicated with my 4rth guess with Dennard,and I think we all win because we finally got an all defense draft with only one exception. Ebert the next WW...I'll keep wathching the board for any new info...Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED! : Yes, practice squad for both.  I realize it is a risk that we could lose them, but who do you cut to make room?  I think Ebert could be the next Welker.  The other kid is just raw potential.  I think it less likely he gets claimed.  Mankins could start on the PUP, we'll have to see.  BB always seems to tug a handful of players away there for later.  This could free up some space.  We might also see a couple surprises in terms of vets getting cut.  Those who are older and who might be in their final year or two, are candidates.  I could see Barrett, White, Ocho, Allen and even Hoyer removed from my list if enough rookies impress. 
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Great job everyone, I think some team (prefer the Pats) should put us in their pay roll.  If I remember right we've hit on just about everyone we've wanted

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOD. Show FOD's posts

Thanks everyone for the great reading.  I've been reading this post for 4 years (hav'nt contributed much) and love it.  You guys do a great job.  Thanks again  FOD

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

Keep safe y'all. It has been a pleasure reading and participating. I hope to read all of you again in September when this thing starts all over again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this massive thread. I honestly get all my draft info from this thread, never post myself but read pretty much every single post. Can't wait until the next one begins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!": [QUOTE]Gotta say, this is generally one of the more depressing days of the year... you put all this work and effort into researching the draft and then it's all done, now we have 364 days until next years draft. Good thing we can start draft talk again in late Aug/early Sept! Thanks everybody for your contributions again this year, you're the reason this thread is so successful! Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] Thanks to you MB for again starting yet another great post. To all the regulars in this thread and others that contributed from time to time, I learned a ton, and have all of you guys to thank. Until August gents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

While you guys watch college next season keep your eye on FS from USC T.J. McDonald.  Will probably be way out of the Pats reach but would love for him to be the 2013 1st round pick.  6'3" 205 and can do it all even cover out of the slot.

That's my nugget for now lol

Ok three more
    Barrett Jones OT/OG/OC from Alabama, STUD!
    from my back yard, 
    junior Kwane Geathers NT, if he comes out he is the future VW except bigger 6'5" 350lbs not as athletic but monster power house in the middle.
    last coach vrable can point BB to Johnathan Hankins NT Ohio State 6'3" 335 lbs

Good offseason to everyone.  If you need to must see prospects for 2013 let me know always happy to talk about this stuff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks again all.

for fun 1. who will be better hightower or upshaw?

link to thread if you havent seen it:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ac5768bda-f62a-46b2-906f-d87f85131eae

and 2.) how do we beat houston in the playoffs this year if we face them - ideas?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a46b3b356-9195-4350-826b-58f5818aca85

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

And with the 32nd pick in the 2013 NFL draft, NE selects...

... Alabama DT, Jesse Williams (6-3 320).

This is my way, way, way too early projection, a few days removed from the 2012 draft... hey, it's never to early to start on next years crop!

Kid's from Australia, has only been playing football since he was 15, is strong, stout at the POA, has 2 gap ability and versatility (34 DE/NT, 43 NT)... could be the long term successor to VW.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!:
    [QUOTE]While you guys watch college next season keep your eye on FS from USC T.J. McDonald.  Will probably be way out of the Pats reach but would love for him to be the 2013 1st round pick.  6'3" 205 and can do it all even cover out of the slot. T...
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

i am betting reid will declare. he or mcdonald would be great pick at s.

Sections
Shortcuts