***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : I'm not sure what to think of Burfict.  He's a heck of an athlete at linebacker but the guy might be a little nuts in a bad way.  I think he's suited for either middle or outside in a 4-3.  I think he could be a great blitzer because he's fast and explosive.  Just not sure if he is all there mentally.  If anyone can calm him down it would be Belichick.  I would feel more comfortable drafting him with a veteran defense. 
    Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE]
    Maybe Spikes can share his ADHD pills with him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Maybe Spikes can share his ADHD pills with him.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Haha that and Spikes' webcam

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

One thing we should not forget is to not fall in love with a Tom Condon repped player.  BB will not even consider drafting him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : All good points.  We have a diva WR now (albeit a somewhat recently forced subdued one) and he hasn't done squat with Brady throwing him the ball.  I guess I should jump on the Kendall Wright bandwagon with some of you guys.  He isn't a physical freak, but he can burn.  There is no way Blackmon or Floyd will be around.  Have you guys been talking about Jarius Wright from Arkansas?  Did anyone see him in the Texas A&M game?  He went insane in that game, something like 280 yards.  He is smallish but could probably be had in the 3-4th round.  Sorry if you've discussed all this already.   

Wright has been discussed but the whole fun of the board is continued discussion, so unless they were discussed literally the post above feel free to bring up any player your interested in or have thoughts on. I highly doubt any of us would expect anyone to read through the thousands of posts to see discussions lol

Wright, if I remember right, almost everyone liked as a player. Very hard working, great YAC, and has performed from game to game. My take on him is that although I like him as a player I just don't see him as a fit for the team. He's got good quick bursts and can get to top gear quickly but compared to other WR's his size (Hilton and K Wright) he doesn't have elite speed, though for where you can draft him he could be the quickest player available. His change of direction and vision of the field is great which to me lends him to be a slot WR in the Pro's. Unfortunately the Pats are caulk full of inside slot receivers so I don't see room. The other big knock on him is his size. He is easily bumped at the line and taken off his route. This is how LSU managed to keep him in check. That's usually how other teams slow down our WR's so having another with a similar weakness only plays into that weakness

I think he's a good receiver and would love to have him on the team but there are other WR's I think could be better outside the number WR's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Haha that and Spikes' webcam
    I thought you wanted to calm him down, lol?  He needs to stay away from Gronk too from what I read in the Globe this weekend.

In all honesty, the rap on Burflict is not good.  Great prospect heading into college but ended up an underachiever with a bad attitude.  He had two personal fouls called against him in his final game against Cal and was benched basically the whole second half after that and he was kept out of ASU's bowl game against Boise State, in which they got killed.  Too many red flags here for my liking.  When you have Dennis Erickson calling his season "average", I don't think that can be considered a ringing endorsement.  I suspect he declared for the draft because he wasn't welcome back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : ...Unfortunately because of the weakness of the DT class I don't think he makes it to us in the late 2nd. ...
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

anything is possible... i think there is a scenario where a lot of decent prospects on d will be availale in the late first.

just imagine. what if gb, no and ne all win this weekend and one of the thre wins the sb? the copycat league will be thinking that the whole idea of defenses winning the championships is a thing of the past or at least does not hold as much anymore. if that happens, every team will feel that they need to build up their ability to score just to keep up with the current superpowers... and do it by improving the passing game.

and what do you know.. it's actually a good year to focus on building the passing game, or at least the o - some decent OTs and OGs, more than a handdful of tall, athletic WRs, one can't miss RB and another that is arguably a rnd 1 prospect in polk.

in the top 10, it's reasonable to expect 7 teams to pick up a player on the o side, perhas with kirkpatrick to tbb, claiborne to car then upshaw to buf. the rest in teh top 10 could be luck, blackmon, kalil, richardson, griffin, jeffrey and reiff.

from pick 11-20
    kcc (26th on pass o; 24th on run d) - am guessing they take an OT - martin
    sea (ranked in 20s on o; in the low teens on d) - my guess is WR - floyd
    ari goes G - de castro
    dal could pick a d guy, a cb - dennard?
    phi my guess looks for a WR - jones too much of a reach?
    nyj we know wants a pass rusher - mercilus (could be perry)
    cin could take WR, DT or RB - thinking they get still
    chi my guess takes a CB - gilmore
    ten could take glenn
    sdc likely to take a LB kuelchy or hightower

pick 21-25
    cin takes WR? sanu or wright
    cle whichever sdc does not pick between kuelchy or hightower
    det to take a RB - miller
    pit is tough to fig out. RB? would they reach for polk?
    i thought den might get a WR, perhaps sanu

at this point names that would still be available:
    barron
    konz
    ingram
    coples
    b thompson
    perry
    burfict
    minnifield (i don't like)
    poe
    curry
    fleming
    crick
    cox

if you think any of these names will be picked in the top 25, which team? it's probably going to result in someone who's as appeaing to drop down outside of the top 25.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Me too.  I think if you have 4 solid LBs it covers up deficiencies elsewhere.  This could be the year where BB just goes for it and drafts two LBs early and covers that need, sort of like what he did getting Gronk and Hernandez in the same draft.  Granted, Hernandez went in the 4th but he was a 1-2 round talent.  If we could somehow get Upshaw and Hightower late first, we could let Guyton and Ninko walk and really upgrade there.  Mayo would be the custy old veteran at the ripe age of 26 heading into 2012.

Like he did with Spikes/Cunningham. Both 2nd round picks, both from Florida, both to play LB. Neither in my mind setting the world on fire.

I hope Upshaw and Hightower are different than the lot above. Spikes can be salvaged and when healthy, he's a force against the run. Cunningham is MIA.

Personally I don't think we need both of them unless you want to paly one at 4-3 DE and the other inside in the 4-3 and kick Mayo outside with Fletcher. Spikes to me becomes depth behind the inside guy, I liike Fletcher better outside than Spikes for sure. I would also draft another 4-3 OLB somewhere early to compete outside with Fletcher. That would be ideal.

Still need to address DT if the above holds true. And, I concur with PatsEng on this one. I like Wolfe in round 2. If we added Hightower, Upshaw and Wolfe through 2 rounds (using 1 of our 2nds to move up), that would be a dream 2 rounds. Front 7 instantly addressed. Safety comes in round 3 or 4. WR I'll put my eggs in the FA basket, draft a CB and another safety late for depth / competition. Call it a day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Wright has been discussed but the whole fun of the board is continued discussion, so unless they were discussed literally the post above feel free to bring up any player your interested in or have thoughts on. I highly doubt any of us would expect anyone to read through the thousands of posts to see discussions lol Wright, if I remember right, almost everyone liked as a player. Very hard working, great YAC, and has performed from game to game. My take on him is that although I like him as a player I just don't see him as a fit for the team. He's got good quick bursts and can get to top gear quickly but compared to other WR's his size (Hilton and K Wright) he doesn't have elite speed, though for where you can draft him he could be the quickest player available. His change of direction and vision of the field is great which to me lends him to be a slot WR in the Pro's. Unfortunately the Pats are caulk full of inside slot receivers so I don't see room. The other big knock on him is his size. He is easily bumped at the line and taken off his route. This is how LSU managed to keep him in check. That's usually how other teams slow down our WR's so having another with a similar weakness only plays into that weakness I think he's a good receiver and would love to have him on the team but there are other WR's I think could be better outside the number WR's
    Thanks Pats.  I heard he was a real burner, 4.3 kid but we'll see at the combine.  I know there has been a lot of positive talk about Sanu, as I skimmed the thousands of posts.  Here's a kid that I think would fit nicely.  Not a burner but big, physical, strong work ethic, leader,and should have no problems getting off against the press, runs good routes, etc plus the Rutgers connection.  Right now I think he is a late 1st, early 2nd type so definitely want to keep an eye on him.

Assuming Barron will be gone, I know there has been a lot of talk about Lester but what about Henry, from Wisconsin?  He seems like a solid option in the 3rd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : anything is possible... i think there is a scenario where a lot of decent prospects on d will be availale in the late first. just imagine. what if gb, no and ne all win this weekend and one of the thre wins the sb? the copycat league will be thinking that the whole idea of defenses winning the championships is a thing of the past or at least does not hold as much anymore. if that happens, every team will feel that they need to build up their ability to score just to keep up with the current superpowers... and do it by improving the passing game. and what do you know.. it's actually a good year to focus on building the passing game, or at least the o - some decent OTs and OGs, more than a handdful of tall, athletic WRs, one can't miss RB and another that is arguably a rnd 1 prospect in polk. in the top 10, it's reasonable to expect 7 teams to pick up a player on the o side, perhas with kirkpatrick to tbb, claiborne to car then upshaw to buf. the rest in teh top 10 could be luck, blackmon, kalil, richardson, griffin, jeffrey and reiff. from pick 11-20 kcc (26th on pass o; 24th on run d) - am guessing they take an OT - martin sea (ranked in 20s on o; in the low teens on d) - my guess is WR - floyd ari goes G - de castro dal could pick a d guy, a cb - dennard? phi my guess looks for a WR - jones too much of a reach? nyj we know wants a pass rusher - mercilus (could be perry) cin could take WR, DT or RB - thinking they get still chi my guess takes a CB - gilmore ten could take glenn sdc likely to take a LB kuelchy or hightower pick 21-25 cin takes WR? sanu or wright cle whichever sdc does not pick between kuelchy or hightower det to take a RB - miller pit is tough to fig out. RB? would they reach for polk? i thought den might get a WR, perhaps sanu at this point names that would still be available: barron konz ingram coples b thompson perry burfict minnifield (i don't like) poe curry fleming crick cox if you think any of these names will be picked in the top 25, which team? it's probably going to result in someone who's as appeaing to drop down outside of the top 25.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree that D has a chance of dropping in favor of the O but my comment was geared specifically towards Still, who imo is the best DT in the draft. I just don't see Still making to the end of the 2nd round esp given the weakness of the DT class

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : anything is possible... i think there is a scenario where a lot of decent prospects on d will be availale in the late first. just imagine. what if gb, no and ne all win this weekend and one of the thre wins the sb? the copycat league will be thinking that the whole idea of defenses winning the championships is a thing of the past or at least does not hold as much anymore. if that happens, every team will feel that they need to build up their ability to score just to keep up with the current superpowers... and do it by improving the passing game. and what do you know.. it's actually a good year to focus on building the passing game, or at least the o - some decent OTs and OGs, more than a handdful of tall, athletic WRs, one can't miss RB and another that is arguably a rnd 1 prospect in polk. in the top 10, it's reasonable to expect 7 teams to pick up a player on the o side, perhas with kirkpatrick to tbb, claiborne to car then upshaw to buf. the rest in teh top 10 could be luck, blackmon, kalil, richardson, griffin, jeffrey and reiff. from pick 11-20 kcc (26th on pass o; 24th on run d) - am guessing they take an OT - martin sea (ranked in 20s on o; in the low teens on d) - my guess is WR - floyd ari goes G - de castro dal could pick a d guy, a cb - dennard? phi my guess looks for a WR - jones too much of a reach? nyj we know wants a pass rusher - mercilus (could be perry) cin could take WR, DT or RB - thinking they get still chi my guess takes a CB - gilmore ten could take glenn sdc likely to take a LB kuelchy or hightower pick 21-25 cin takes WR? sanu or wright cle whichever sdc does not pick between kuelchy or hightower det to take a RB - miller pit is tough to fig out. RB? would they reach for polk? i thought den might get a WR, perhaps sanu at this point names that would still be available: barron konz ingram coples b thompson perry burfict minnifield (i don't like) poe curry fleming crick cox if you think any of these names will be picked in the top 25, which team? it's probably going to result in someone who's as appeaing to drop down outside of the top 25.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Nice list. I think Baltimore might take a shot at Burflict if he drops in the late 20's where they pick. They might see him as the replacement for Ray Ray. And, we know they are not afraid to take a chance on troubled players.

I think Kuechly comes off the board earlier than 21-25. Dallas might take a shot at him, or Dallas could also go the Barron or CB route. They need all 3 positions, althought Kuechly might be too small for their scheme. Cancel Kuechly to Dallas..although Barron could be a real possibility.

Also, I see PItt investing in Defensive talent early in this draft. Their age was on display against the Broncos, and several guys went down for the count in that game. They might take a long look at Poe where they draft, and i could also see them looking at Burflict or Ingram. They have some front 7 holes to fill as well.

Any guesses of who on your list is willing to trade out of round 1 all together based on available talent/where they are picking? Other than the Pats of course.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Like he did with Spikes/Cunningham. Both 2nd round picks, both from Florida, both to play LB. Neither in my mind setting the world on fire. I hope Upshaw and Hightower are different than the lot above. Spikes can be salvaged and when healthy, he's a force against the run. Cunningham is MIA. Personally I don't think we need both of them unless you want to paly one at 4-3 DE and the other inside in the 4-3 and kick Mayo outside with Fletcher. Spikes to me becomes depth behind the inside guy, I liike Fletcher better outside than Spikes for sure. I would also draft another 4-3 OLB somewhere early to compete outside with Fletcher. That would be ideal. Still need to address DT if the above holds true. And, I concur with PatsEng on this one. I like Wolfe in round 2. If we added Hightower, Upshaw and Wolfe through 2 rounds (using 1 of our 2nds to move up), that would be a dream 2 rounds. Front 7 instantly addressed. Safety comes in round 3 or 4. WR I'll put my eggs in the FA basket, draft a CB and another safety late for depth / competition. Call it a day.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]
    Did you have to bring up Cunningham?  I was screaming for Dunlap but NO.  We had to reach 2 rounds for Mr. Slow can't-make-it-to-the-locker room-without tripping and missing 3 months.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Thanks Pats.  I heard he was a real burner, 4.3 kid but we'll see at the combine.  I know there has been a lot of positive talk about Sanu, as I skimmed the thousands of posts.  Here's a kid that I think would fit nicely.  Not a burner but big, physical, strong work ethic, leader,and should have no problems getting off against the press, runs good routes, etc plus the Rutgers connection.  Right now I think he is a late 1st, early 2nd type so definitely want to keep an eye on him. Assuming Barron will be gone, I know there has been a lot of talk about Lester but what about Henry, from Wisconsin?  He seems like a solid option in the 3rd.

Sanu is a great option and one of my favorite WR's McNutt has similar qualities. I'd be happy with either truthfully.

I don't know much about Henry. Do you have some more info on him. I'll have to take a closer look at him.

For Wrights speed I've heard everything from low 4.3's to high 4.4's. Watching him on film he looks real fast but then I noticed on long runs he doesn't gain much speed after 10yrds. He is a player who gets up to top speed in the matter of 10 yards so if people are trying to gauge his 40 from a 10yrd split he looks like a 4.3 guy but I think he'll end up being a low-mid 4.4 guy at the combine over a full 40yrds

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Nice list. I think Baltimore might take a shot at Burflict if he drops in the late 20's where they pick. They might see him as the replacement for Ray Ray. And, we know they are not afraid to take a chance on troubled players. I think Kuechly comes off the board earlier than 21-25. Dallas might take a shot at him, or Dallas could also go the Barron or CB route. They need all 3 positions, althought Kuechly might be too small for their scheme. Cancel Kuechly to Dallas..although Barron could be a real possibility. Also, I see PItt investing in Defensive talent early in this draft. Their age was on display against the Broncos, and several guys went down for the count in that game. They might take a long look at Poe where they draft, and i could also see them looking at Burflict or Ingram. They have some front 7 holes to fill as well. Any guesses of who on your list is willing to trade out of round 1 all together based on available talent/where they are picking? Other than the Pats of course.

agree agree agree...
    just wanted to make a point that there will be good names on d that will be left on the board when the pats to pick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Did you have to bring up Cunningham?  I was screaming for Dunlap but NO.  We had to reach 2 rounds for Mr. Slow can't-make-it-to-the-locker room-without tripping and missing 3 months.

he was such a tease. he'd almost get there, but just a step or two late. bottomline was late.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Sanu is a great option and one of my favorite WR's McNutt has similar qualities. I'd be happy with either truthfully. I don't know much about Henry. Do you have some more info on him. I'll have to take a closer look at him. For Wrights speed I've heard everything from low 4.3's to high 4.4's. Watching him on film he looks real fast but then I noticed on long runs he doesn't gain much speed after 10yrds. He is a player who gets up to top speed in the matter of 10 yards so if people are trying to gauge his 40 from a 10yrd split he looks like a 4.3 guy but I think he'll end up being a low-mid 4.4 guy at the combine over a full 40yrds

looking for speed? is there no interesting WR coming out of Oregon? i did not catch them much this season but i thought there were a handful of kids there who were insanely fast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : All good points.  We have a diva WR now (albeit a somewhat recently forced subdued one) and he hasn't done squat with Brady throwing him the ball.  I guess I should jump on the Kendall Wright bandwagon with some of you guys.  He isn't a physical freak, but he can burn.  There is no way Blackmon or Floyd will be around.  Have you guys been talking about Jarius Wright from Arkansas?  Did anyone see him in the Texas A&M game?  He went insane in that game, something like 280 yards.  He is smallish but could probably be had in the 3-4th round.  Sorry if you've discussed all this already.   

anyone think kendall wright will be around wehen we pick in the first?
    also id preer on of the bigger guys in the 2nd

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Did you have to bring up Cunningham?  I was screaming for Dunlap but NO.  We had to reach 2 rounds for Mr. Slow can't-make-it-to-the-locker room-without tripping and missing 3 months.

love it.
    i know i was like what the f
    bb must know. but nope. he outsmarted himself taking the better person over the better player

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Me too.  I think if you have 4 solid LBs it covers up deficiencies elsewhere.  This could be the year where BB just goes for it and drafts two LBs early and covers that need, sort of like what he did getting Gronk and Hernandez in the same draft.  Granted, Hernandez went in the 4th but he was a 1-2 round talent.  If we could somehow get Upshaw and Hightower late first, we could let Guyton and Ninko walk and really upgrade there.  Mayo would be the custy old veteran at the ripe age of 26 heading into 2012.

that would be a dream
    too good to be true.
    surely we have teh ammo, but me would likely sacrifice a lot trading up.
    both should be gone when we pick if we wait

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : I'm not sure what to think of Burfict.  He's a heck of an athlete at linebacker but the guy might be a little nuts in a bad way.  I think he's suited for either middle or outside in a 4-3.  I think he could be a great blitzer because he's fast and explosive.  Just not sure if he is all there mentally.  If anyone can calm him down it would be Belichick.  I would feel more comfortable drafting him with a veteran defense. 

patsnut and all did you see what i wrote comparing ray lewis yesterday with the chance on burfict. now i havent looked into any of his issues. hopefully bb will.
    i hope we focus on the top of the draft and not on quantity and next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Maybe Spikes can share his ADHD pills with him.

:) laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Wright has been discussed but the whole fun of the board is continued discussion, so unless they were discussed literally the post above feel free to bring up any player your interested in or have thoughts on. I highly doubt any of us would expect anyone to read through the thousands of posts to see discussions lol Wright, if I remember right, almost everyone liked as a player. Very hard working, great YAC, and has performed from game to game. My take on him is that although I like him as a player I just don't see him as a fit for the team. He's got good quick bursts and can get to top gear quickly but compared to other WR's his size (Hilton and K Wright) he doesn't have elite speed, though for where you can draft him he could be the quickest player available. His change of direction and vision of the field is great which to me lends him to be a slot WR in the Pro's. Unfortunately the Pats are caulk full of inside slot receivers so I don't see room. The other big knock on him is his size. He is easily bumped at the line and taken off his route. This is how LSU managed to keep him in check. That's usually how other teams slow down our WR's so having another with a similar weakness only plays into that weakness I think he's a good receiver and would love to have him on the team but there are other WR's I think could be better outside the number WR's

"That's usually how other teams slow down our WR's so having another with a similar weakness only plays into that weakness

I think he's a good receiver and would love to have him on the team but there are other WR's I think could be better outside the number WR's"

so key, why ive been crying for this this past year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : I thought you wanted to calm him down, lol?  He needs to stay away from Gronk too from what I read in the Globe this weekend. In all honesty, the rap on Burflict is not good.  Great prospect heading into college but ended up an underachiever with a bad attitude.  He had two personal fouls called against him in his final game against Cal and was benched basically the whole second half after that and he was kept out of ASU's bowl game against Boise State, in which they got killed.  Too many red flags here for my liking.  When you have Dennis Erickson calling his season "average", I don't think that can be considered a ringing endorsement.  I suspect he declared for the draft because he wasn't welcome back.

i wonder if even baltimore can turn him around. with we had a strong influence on defense so guys would be mentored adn also kept in check so we could take some more gifted players who have a lil attitude problem that could be cleared up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Like he did with Spikes/Cunningham. Both 2nd round picks, both from Florida, both to play LB. Neither in my mind setting the world on fire. I hope Upshaw and Hightower are different than the lot above. Spikes can be salvaged and when healthy, he's a force against the run. Cunningham is MIA. Personally I don't think we need both of them unless you want to paly one at 4-3 DE and the other inside in the 4-3 and kick Mayo outside with Fletcher. Spikes to me becomes depth behind the inside guy, I liike Fletcher better outside than Spikes for sure. I would also draft another 4-3 OLB somewhere early to compete outside with Fletcher. That would be ideal. Still need to address DT if the above holds true. And, I concur with PatsEng on this one. I like Wolfe in round 2. If we added Hightower, Upshaw and Wolfe through 2 rounds (using 1 of our 2nds to move up), that would be a dream 2 rounds. Front 7 instantly addressed. Safety comes in round 3 or 4. WR I'll put my eggs in the FA basket, draft a CB and another safety late for depth / competition. Call it a day.

woah! youre honinin on my football fantasies.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Oh I agree that D has a chance of dropping in favor of the O but my comment was geared specifically towards Still, who imo is the best DT in the draft. I just don't see Still making to the end of the 2nd round esp given the weakness of the DT class

most ofthe talk is still goingin the top 15 like as high as 5.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** MOCK V1 ADDED : Nice list. I think Baltimore might take a shot at Burflict if he drops in the late 20's where they pick. They might see him as the replacement for Ray Ray. And, we know they are not afraid to take a chance on troubled players. I think Kuechly comes off the board earlier than 21-25. Dallas might take a shot at him, or Dallas could also go the Barron or CB route. They need all 3 positions, althought Kuechly might be too small for their scheme. Cancel Kuechly to Dallas..although Barron could be a real possibility. Also, I see PItt investing in Defensive talent early in this draft. Their age was on display against the Broncos, and several guys went down for the count in that game. They might take a long look at Poe where they draft, and i could also see them looking at Burflict or Ingram. They have some front 7 holes to fill as well. Any guesses of who on your list is willing to trade out of round 1 all together based on available talent/where they are picking? Other than the Pats of course.

" Any guesses of who on your list is willing to trade out of round 1 all together based on available talent/where they are picking? Other than the Pats of course."

what ive been wondering as well