***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***

In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : It really depends on what kind of player they're looking for.  I like Broyles a lot, think his game and skill set translates well to NE's style of offense.  I also like what I've seen from Maze, both are are smaller quick twitch type kids with good RAC ability, however both may be better operating out of the slot. Blackmon on the otherhand is a pure #1 WR type that can impact the game from anywhere on the field.  Physically, he looks like T.O. to me and IMO is a potential top tier WR in the NFL.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    BB is not going to take a WR in the first round.  He never has and I don't see him doing it this year either.  He has to be frustrated with the lack of pass rush and coverage play.  I think S or DE or both positions will be addressed early on.  Every year we talk about getting top tier offensive skill players and we don't do it.  BB prefers to get his WR through free agency or in later rounds.  We still don't know what we have in Taylor Price.  Welker will be extended.  Ocho will be lucky if he isn't cut soon.

DE, S, C, CB would be my choices with our first 4 picks.  I also would not rule out another OT or TE.  Hernandez appears to be a guy who will struggle to stay healthy with his style of play. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I urge you all to ignore posters that have nothing to add to this thread.

I had forgotten why I had 1966 on ignore, now I remember

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I had forgotten why I had 1966 on ignore, now I remember
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : BB is not going to take a WR in the first round.  He never has and I don't see him doing it this year either.  He has to be frustrated with the lack of pass rush and coverage play.  I think S or DE or both positions will be addressed early on.  Every year we talk about getting top tier offensive skill players and we don't do it.  BB prefers to get his WR through free agency or in later rounds.  We still don't know what we have in Taylor Price.  Welker will be extended.  Ocho will be lucky if he isn't cut soon. DE, S, C, CB would be my choices with our first 4 picks.  I also would not rule out another OT or TE.  Hernandez appears to be a guy who will struggle to stay healthy with his style of play. 
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I agree with the exception of the DE. It's becoming increasing clear that BB hasn't been comfortable drafting a DE in the 1st for a number of years now. It seems that the DB and OL are the most likely positions BB will chose for 1st round picks.

With WR's/RB's it seems like BB likes to grab skill position players in the late 2nd to 3rd area. Most people don't think BB has patterns but for a couple of years now he has followed a pretty set path.

#1 - Trading down for multiple picks into next year and in late rounds
    #2 - A DB will be picked within the first 2 rounds
    #3 - The third round and 4th round is where you take high talent players that have fallen because of off field issues or injures
    #4 - 5th and beyond picks are used mainly for trading for future picks or vets. If used it's to build depth in positions that don't have a lot of bodies going into camp

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : It really depends on what kind of player they're looking for.  I like Broyles a lot, think his game and skill set translates well to NE's style of offense.  I also like what I've seen from Maze, both are are smaller quick twitch type kids with good RAC ability, however both may be better operating out of the slot. Blackmon on the otherhand is a pure #1 WR type that can impact the game from anywhere on the field.  Physically, he looks like T.O. to me and IMO is a potential top tier WR in the NFL.

MB,

Blackmon and Floyd will be the sexy picks at WR leading up the draft for sure.  However, Belichick doesn't draft for sexy, at least not anymore.  Since '06/'07 when he took a gamble on Maroney and Merriweather, two guys with questionable work habits but immense talent, he's followed  that up by taking the following guys with his first pick in each draft - Mayo, Chung, McCourtey and Solder.  Basically all safe, dependable "Patriots Way" type guys. 

Just saying..don't get your hopes up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : BB is not going to take a WR in the first round.  He never has and I don't see him doing it this year either.  He has to be frustrated with the lack of pass rush and coverage play.  I think S or DE or both positions will be addressed early on.  Every year we talk about getting top tier offensive skill players and we don't do it.  BB prefers to get his WR through free agency or in later rounds.  We still don't know what we have in Taylor Price.  Welker will be extended.  Ocho will be lucky if he isn't cut soon. DE, S, C, CB would be my choices with our first 4 picks.  I also would not rule out another OT or TE.  Hernandez appears to be a guy who will struggle to stay healthy with his style of play. 

I don't disagree, WR, specifically Blackmon is more what I want them to do vs. what I think they'll do.

Pass rush/Secondary is clearly the biggest need, so that would be something I'd like to see addressed. 

As for TE, Tyler Eifert the 6-6 250 junior from ND is a kid to keep an eye one. 

I see this kid play on a weekly basis and he's developed into a nice weapon in the passing game; great size and athleticism, adequate to good speed, very good hands and ball skills and can threaten the seem.  He's also a versatile kid that can operate inline (as both a blocker and receiver), lined up as an H-back or out of the slot.  He also has the size that BB loves in the position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

We have also seen for 2 years BB not wanting to address the pass rush. While we are still only 3 games into the season, getting a Quinton Coples or someone similar would be imperative.

Sometimes I think he overanalyzes things; takes the "genius" moniker too seriously. I'm not saying I would rather have another coach for the Pats, but he is as fallible as anyone.

Shining said how safe he was taking the first round...I agree...I also agree he won't draft a center early. I think if Broyles is hanging around in the late 2nd, he may be a target, especially with Ocho-stinko looking like he could get cut.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I meant to mention in my earlier post how I don't think he will draft a rush linebacker...maybe due to the fact he is playing some 4-3, we can hope he will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : MB, Blackmon and Floyd will be the sexy picks at WR leading up the draft for sure.  However, Belichick doesn't draft for sexy, at least not anymore.  Since '06/'07 when he took a gamble on Maroney and Merriweather, two guys with questionable work habits but immense talent, he's followed  that up by taking the following guys with his first pick in each draft - Mayo, Chung, McCourtey and Solder.  Basically all safe, dependable "Patriots Way" type guys.  Just saying..don't get your hopes up.
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

Believe me, my expectations are tempered when it comes to BB moving up to draft a WR with elite potential.  Per my earlier post in which I professed my want for Blackmon, I also outlined that it's my want vs. what history says BB will trend towards.  At the same time, he's not Maroney/Meriweather off the field and based on what I've read, he looks like a kid that really puts the time in to make him self a better player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Faucet & MB- isn't it too bad that BB did not move up to get JJ Watt or Kerrigan?
    These two are just doing great for Texans and Redskins - starting and playing great ball on defense for their teams, whom are both much improved so far.  DE or OLB - with passrushing skills are top priority for Pats in next draft.

MB - do oyu believe that we could get Ray-Ray Armstrong of the U at safety position at bottom of second or third round, due to his suspension?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Like most, my biggest concern through (3) games is the secondary, particularly the apparent regression of Devin McCourty.  It's one thing to struggle a bit against big top level WR's like Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson, but it's another to get flat out beat by Donald Jones (a 2nd year player out of 1AA Youngstown State).  Now it's still early in the year and he has time to turn things around, but his ability to locate and make a play of the football has been subpar. Additionally, while the offense appears to be clicking on all cylinders (for the most part), I do have some concerns about the long term health of their outside WR's (I fully expect them to extend WW) with Branch and Johnson both on the wrong side of 30, the latter having issues catching onto the offense and simply catching the ball in general.  Taylor Price flashed for a game in the preseason and might be that guy, but I think WR is certainly a position that could be addressed in the upcoming draft, especially with the potential talent available in this class.

agree on wr, re mccourty, he needs a real db coach. unfortunately he has a db coach in training. i can see most of his technique errors. pats doing a disservice having coaches on the team who are not actual legitimate nfl coaches at their positions..

bb needs to put his ego aside and get heavyweight ie top tier talented oc, dc, db coaches 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]PLEASE no more CB's in the 1st 2 rounds, that's all I ask this year. So far our CB's stink but honestly I'm scared that BB will spend high on another CB this year and I'm getting tired of it. How many picks do the Pats need to use in rounds 1-2 before they can put together a decent secondary? I'm praying they package both 1st rounders together to move up and get a true pass rusher, but I doubt this will happen. I'm putting the odds of grabbing a pass rusher in the 1st at 2.3% and the odds of grabbing another CB in the first 3 picks at 95%
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I'm praying they package both 1st rounders together to move up and get a true pass rusher, but I doubt this will happen.

been hopin that for a couple years

I'm putting the odds of grabbing a pass rusher in the 1st at 2.3% and the odds of grabbing another CB in the first 3 picks at 95%

(just laughing my @@@ off......)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : I don't disagree, WR, specifically Blackmon is more what I want them to do vs. what I think they'll do. Pass rush/Secondary is clearly the biggest need, so that would be something I'd like to see addressed.  As for TE, Tyler Eifert the 6-6 250 junior from ND is a kid to keep an eye one.  I see this kid play on a weekly basis and he's developed into a nice weapon in the passing game; great size and athleticism, adequate to good speed, very good hands and ball skills and can threaten the seem.  He's also a versatile kid that can operate inline (as both a blocker and receiver), lined up as an H-back or out of the slot.  He also has the size that BB loves in the position.

Ditto.
    Blackmon is / will be a true #1 WR in the NFL. I like your comparison to T.O. He looks/plays as physical as him, with great speed. However, like you and Faucet, I don't think BB trades up or selects a WR in round 1.

Every year we are here and talking about round 1 trade ups, and every year it feelsl like he stays put or trades down.

I think our team has a ton of holes. It almost pains me to say this because of the quantity of draft selections we have made over the past 5 years, but we need some serious attention on defense, and to an extent on offense.

Defense needs;
    1. Safety (true starting FS opposite Chung)
    2. DT/DE (with Haynesworth, Ellis, Wright, Carter, etc. old or on short contracts, it would appear we need some injection of top talent here. I think Pryor and Love are good depth players, but I would like to see an impact DT/DE drafted especially if we are running more 4+ man lines)
    3. LB (Ninkovich is decent, but average. Cunningham big question mark. Spikes just doesn't seem to fit well and has looked out of place this year, Guyton is okay. That leaves Mayo and Fletcher, with a big question mark on Edds if he pans out. I would like to see this group upgraded)
    4. CB (I think McCourty will turn things around. Bodden is good for another couple of years. Arrington is a nice #4 safety, and Ras if he can stay healthy has potential to be starting opposite McCourty).

Offense needs;
    1. C/G (I don't know if Koppen returns next year, and Faucet already mentioned the slew of inside talent with expiring contracts. I think we sign 1 or 2 of them. Cannon should be ready to go (hopefully) and we have Connolloy as depth behind Cannon/Mankins. That still leaves the C position wide open)
    2. WR (big question marks everywhere. Will Welker be resigned? Does Ocho come back for a 2nd year? Does Branch stick around? Does Price step up and stay healthy?...Too many question marks for me, and given we have one of the most prolific QBs of all time, we need to arm him with a big, physical receiver to compliment what we have or may have.)
    3. TE (Would like to see a #3 added here behind Gronk and Hernandez)

Based on the above, here are guys I'm keeping close eyes on to fill said positions...They don't represent all, but kids i'm excited about watching this year.

Safety /> Robert Lester (Bama), TJ McDonald(USC), Ed Whitley (VTech) (Ideally a fast, rangy safety to compliment Chung. There are many other options more in the mold of Chung, but we need more of an Ed Reed type).
    DT/DE /> Can we rely on Pryor, Love, Wright for another year? I would like if we could buy some time at DT, and instead upgrade the DE spot. Question is do we draft a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 DE?...I'd like to see a kid like Vin Curry from Marshall added here at 4-3 DE. He can be used I think in both 4-3/3-4.
    LB /> again, looking at 4-3 OLB's. I think between Mayo and Fletcher, we have 2 spots locked down. Looking for upgrades currently at OLB/ILB. I like Zach Brown (NC) as a 4-3 OLB, Luke Kuechly (BC), Manti(ND). Would like to see upgrades for both Guyton and Spikes. I'm still hopeful Spikes can pick it up and be a good ILB in a 4-3.
    CB /> IF Xavier Rhodes (FSU) declares, he provides  a nice big, athletic CB option in round 3/4. Also has the size to play the rangy, ball hawking FS position. This is one kid (if he declares), I would spend a 3rd round pick on.
    C/G /> Peter Konz(C) Wisconsin, Brandon Washington(G) Miami (like him as a Guard behind Cannon/Mankins if we keep Conolly at C.
    WR /> I'm watching kids in the rounds 3-5 range as i don't believe BB will spend a high pick on a WR if at all. Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers), Chris Owusu (Standford), Marquis Maze (Alabama)..I really want to see how Chris Owusu looks playing with Andrew Luck throwing to him. Maze I think again is a poor man's Broyles, and perhaps an upgrade over Edelman as both a WR and PR.
    TE /> I'd like to see a dual threat added here. Kid to keep an eye on again working with Luck is Coby Fleener (Stanford). Good size,good blocker and good receiver. I think he is a round 4/5 selection at this point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

One guy to keep an eye on is Mohamed Sanu WR from Rutgers.  He could be a nice alternative to Justin Blackmon.  Like everyone else I would love Blackmon on this team but the price to trade up would be huge.  Sanu is 6'2 215 and fast.  Of course there is the BB and Schiano connection.  Looks like he might need to work on some route running but he has the tools and attitude to do well. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

I go to Appalachian State University... Not a lot of NFL talent coming out of Boone, NC... HOWEVER

One guy to keep an eye on is WR Brian Quick.

He is a huge target at 6'4 216 lbs. Apps #1 threat in the receiving game AND (this is my favorite part) he occasionally lines up as a gunner on the punt team.

He is definitely within BBs reach at WR as he will be a 3rd+ rounder.

Seriously MB... Look into this kid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I go to Appalachian State University... Not a lot of NFL talent coming out of Boone, NC... HOWEVER One guy to keep an eye on is WR Brian Quick. He is a huge target at 6'4 216 lbs. Apps #1 threat in the receiving game AND (this is my favorite part) he occasionally lines up as a gunner on the punt team. He is definitely within BBs reach at WR as he will be a 3rd+ rounder. Seriously MB... Look into this kid.
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

o-m-b,
    The name does ring a bell, but I'll def have to do some research on him moving forward, thanks.  Hopefully you can provide periodic reports on him, let us all know how he's playing/progressing during the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Ditto. Blackmon is / will be a true #1 WR in the NFL. I like your comparison to T.O. He looks/plays as physical as him, with great speed. However, like you and Faucet, I don't think BB trades up or selects a WR in round 1. Every year we are here and talking about round 1 trade ups, and every year it feelsl like he stays put or trades down. I think our team has a ton of holes. It almost pains me to say this because of the quantity of draft selections we have made over the past 5 years, but we need some serious attention on defense, and to an extent on offense. Defense needs; 1. Safety (true starting FS opposite Chung) 2. DT/DE (with Haynesworth, Ellis, Wright, Carter, etc. old or on short contracts, it would appear we need some injection of top talent here. I think Pryor and Love are good depth players, but I would like to see an impact DT/DE drafted especially if we are running more 4+ man lines) 3. LB (Ninkovich is decent, but average. Cunningham big question mark. Spikes just doesn't seem to fit well and has looked out of place this year, Guyton is okay. That leaves Mayo and Fletcher, with a big question mark on Edds if he pans out. I would like to see this group upgraded) 4. CB (I think McCourty will turn things around. Bodden is good for another couple of years. Arrington is a nice #4 safety, and Ras if he can stay healthy has potential to be starting opposite McCourty). Offense needs; 1. C/G (I don't know if Koppen returns next year, and Faucet already mentioned the slew of inside talent with expiring contracts. I think we sign 1 or 2 of them. Cannon should be ready to go (hopefully) and we have Connolloy as depth behind Cannon/Mankins. That still leaves the C position wide open) 2. WR (big question marks everywhere. Will Welker be resigned? Does Ocho come back for a 2nd year? Does Branch stick around? Does Price step up and stay healthy?...Too many question marks for me, and given we have one of the most prolific QBs of all time, we need to arm him with a big, physical receiver to compliment what we have or may have.) 3. TE (Would like to see a #3 added here behind Gronk and Hernandez) Based on the above, here are guys I'm keeping close eyes on to fill said positions...They don't represent all, but kids i'm excited about watching this year. Safety /> Robert Lester (Bama), TJ McDonald(USC), Ed Whitley (VTech) (Ideally a fast, rangy safety to compliment Chung. There are many other options more in the mold of Chung, but we need more of an Ed Reed type). DT/DE /> Can we rely on Pryor, Love, Wright for another year? I would like if we could buy some time at DT, and instead upgrade the DE spot. Question is do we draft a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 DE?...I'd like to see a kid like Vin Curry from Marshall added here at 4-3 DE. He can be used I think in both 4-3/3-4. LB /> again, looking at 4-3 OLB's. I think between Mayo and Fletcher, we have 2 spots locked down. Looking for upgrades currently at OLB/ILB. I like Zach Brown (NC) as a 4-3 OLB, Luke Kuechly (BC), Manti(ND). Would like to see upgrades for both Guyton and Spikes. I'm still hopeful Spikes can pick it up and be a good ILB in a 4-3. CB /> IF Xavier Rhodes (FSU) declares, he provides  a nice big, athletic CB option in round 3/4. Also has the size to play the rangy, ball hawking FS position. This is one kid (if he declares), I would spend a 3rd round pick on. C/G /> Peter Konz(C) Wisconsin, Brandon Washington(G) Miami (like him as a Guard behind Cannon/Mankins if we keep Conolly at C. WR /> I'm watching kids in the rounds 3-5 range as i don't believe BB will spend a high pick on a WR if at all. Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers), Chris Owusu (Standford), Marquis Maze (Alabama)..I really want to see how Chris Owusu looks playing with Andrew Luck throwing to him. Maze I think again is a poor man's Broyles, and perhaps an upgrade over Edelman as both a WR and PR. TE /> I'd like to see a dual threat added here. Kid to keep an eye on again working with Luck is Coby Fleener (Stanford). Good size,good blocker and good receiver. I think he is a round 4/5 selection at this point.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

PL, Yeah, as much as I'd love to see Blackmon in the mix next year, continuing to add talent on the defensive side of the ball (still woulda loved to have seen Kerrigan land in Foxboro, but he went a pick earlier and it's tough to complain about the Solder pick) makes the most sense both for the short and long term. 

They have some talent up the middle, but perimeter defensive skill (edge rusher/secondary) remains their achilles heel at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

if they are able to secure a 5th or 6th rnd via trade, i'd take a look at stephen hill of gt. i thought he showed really good hands last weekend. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***2012 Patriots Draft Thread*** : Ditto. Blackmon is / will be a true #1 WR in the NFL. I like your comparison to T.O. He looks/plays as physical as him, with great speed. However, like you and Faucet, I don't think BB trades up or selects a WR in round 1. Every year we are here and talking about round 1 trade ups, and every year it feelsl like he stays put or trades down. I think our team has a ton of holes. It almost pains me to say this because of the quantity of draft selections we have made over the past 5 years, but we need some serious attention on defense, and to an extent on offense. Defense needs; 1. Safety (true starting FS opposite Chung) 2. DT/DE (with Haynesworth, Ellis, Wright, Carter, etc. old or on short contracts, it would appear we need some injection of top talent here. I think Pryor and Love are good depth players, but I would like to see an impact DT/DE drafted especially if we are running more 4+ man lines) 3. LB (Ninkovich is decent, but average. Cunningham big question mark. Spikes just doesn't seem to fit well and has looked out of place this year, Guyton is okay. That leaves Mayo and Fletcher, with a big question mark on Edds if he pans out. I would like to see this group upgraded) 4. CB (I think McCourty will turn things around. Bodden is good for another couple of years. Arrington is a nice #4 safety, and Ras if he can stay healthy has potential to be starting opposite McCourty). Offense needs; 1. C/G (I don't know if Koppen returns next year, and Faucet already mentioned the slew of inside talent with expiring contracts. I think we sign 1 or 2 of them. Cannon should be ready to go (hopefully) and we have Connolloy as depth behind Cannon/Mankins. That still leaves the C position wide open) 2. WR (big question marks everywhere. Will Welker be resigned? Does Ocho come back for a 2nd year? Does Branch stick around? Does Price step up and stay healthy?...Too many question marks for me, and given we have one of the most prolific QBs of all time, we need to arm him with a big, physical receiver to compliment what we have or may have.) 3. TE (Would like to see a #3 added here behind Gronk and Hernandez) Based on the above, here are guys I'm keeping close eyes on to fill said positions...They don't represent all, but kids i'm excited about watching this year. Safety /> Robert Lester (Bama), TJ McDonald(USC), Ed Whitley (VTech) (Ideally a fast, rangy safety to compliment Chung. There are many other options more in the mold of Chung, but we need more of an Ed Reed type). DT/DE /> Can we rely on Pryor, Love, Wright for another year? I would like if we could buy some time at DT, and instead upgrade the DE spot. Question is do we draft a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 DE?...I'd like to see a kid like Vin Curry from Marshall added here at 4-3 DE. He can be used I think in both 4-3/3-4. LB /> again, looking at 4-3 OLB's. I think between Mayo and Fletcher, we have 2 spots locked down. Looking for upgrades currently at OLB/ILB. I like Zach Brown (NC) as a 4-3 OLB, Luke Kuechly (BC), Manti(ND). Would like to see upgrades for both Guyton and Spikes. I'm still hopeful Spikes can pick it up and be a good ILB in a 4-3. CB /> IF Xavier Rhodes (FSU) declares, he provides  a nice big, athletic CB option in round 3/4. Also has the size to play the rangy, ball hawking FS position. This is one kid (if he declares), I would spend a 3rd round pick on. C/G /> Peter Konz(C) Wisconsin, Brandon Washington(G) Miami (like him as a Guard behind Cannon/Mankins if we keep Conolly at C. WR /> I'm watching kids in the rounds 3-5 range as i don't believe BB will spend a high pick on a WR if at all. Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers), Chris Owusu (Standford), Marquis Maze (Alabama)..I really want to see how Chris Owusu looks playing with Andrew Luck throwing to him. Maze I think again is a poor man's Broyles, and perhaps an upgrade over Edelman as both a WR and PR. TE /> I'd like to see a dual threat added here. Kid to keep an eye on again working with Luck is Coby Fleener (Stanford). Good size,good blocker and good receiver. I think he is a round 4/5 selection at this point.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

"1. Safety (true starting FS opposite Chung)
    2. DT/DE (with Haynesworth, Ellis, Wright, Carter, etc. old or on short contracts, it would appear we need some injection of top talent here. I think Pryor and Love are good depth players, but I would like to see an impact DT/DE drafted especially if we are running more 4+ man lines)
    3. LB (Ninkovich is decent, but average. Cunningham big question mark. Spikes just doesn't seem to fit well and has looked out of place this year, Guyton is okay. That leaves Mayo and Fletcher, with a big question mark on Edds if he pans out. I would like to see this group upgraded)
    4. CB (I think McCourty will turn things around. Bodden is good for another couple of years. Arrington is a nice #4 safety, and Ras if he can stay healthy has potential to be starting opposite McCourty).

Offense needs;
    1. C/G (I don't know if Koppen returns next year, and Faucet already mentioned the slew of inside talent with expiring contracts. I think we sign 1 or 2 of them. Cannon should be ready to go (hopefully) and we have Connolloy as depth behind Cannon/Mankins. That still leaves the C position wide open)
    2. WR (big question marks everywhere. Will Welker be resigned? Does Ocho come back for a 2nd year? Does Branch stick around? Does Price step up and stay healthy?...Too many question marks for me, and given we have one of the most prolific QBs of all time, we need to arm him with a big, physical receiver to compliment what we have or may have.)
    3. TE (Would like to see a #3 added here behind Gronk and Hernandez)"

pats,
    i have it just as you have.
    but thats a tall order from draft alone.
    i'd put te as near the bottom, same with cb.
    compared to these other positions i see as high priority (posted elsewhere)
    and i favor focusing on the first 4-5 priorities and getting top talent (gathering your eggs in a smaller, better basket).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Impressive night for Pitt junior RB, Ray Graham (5-9 195), he went off for 26-226-2 on the ground and 4-42 through the air.  This is the second time I've seen him this year (also saw him last wk vs. ND) and this kid is ultra quick and elusive and can cut on a dime.  He's also versatile, very athletic and looks like a bigger Dexter McCluster type to me with the ability to contribute on the ground or as a receiver as a change of pace type.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So, having so many good games on in primetime, at once ('Bama/Florida, Nebraska/Wisconsin and ND/Purde...ND still takes precedent over any game for me), makes it difficult to watch any player too closely, but from what I could glean from last nights game in Gainesville is that Florida had absolutely no answer for the Tide's Courtney Upshaw as he appeared (at least to me and my somewhat buzzed attention span) to have his own spot in the Gator backfield all night.  He doesn't have the height that BB generally prefers, though he looks to have Adalius type size (6-2 270).  I need to watch this kid closer as he could be the answer for them on the outside.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]So, having so many good games on in primetime, at once ('Bama/Florida, Nebraska/Wisconsin and ND/Purde...ND still takes precedent over any game for me), makes it difficult to watch any player too closely, but from what I could glean from last nights game in Gainesville is that Florida had absolutely no answer for the Tides Courtney Upshaw as he appeared (at least to me and my somewhat buzzed attention span) to have his own spot in the Gator backfield all night.  He doesn't have the height that BB generally prefers, though he looks to have Adalius type size (6-2 270).  I need to watch this kid closer as he could be the answer for them on the outside.

thanks mb,
        was watching a couple games while training at the gym, so i was a little off my game at both tasks.

thoughts on luck sweepstakes. still rooting for an nfc team who needs  aqb to get #1. in nfc looks like minn has best chance. incidentally i called the 3 upsets this. basically was mostly pulling with my heart for pats best interest.

anyway miami and indy concern me. i want them to get the wins and not be in it for #1. both dont look so good now. and indys injuries seem to be piling up. they are down to ps players on o line.

nove 5th should be somethin with lsu and bama.

i see youre a nd fan.
    i'm an sec fan, so wathing with interest this shakeup with the conferences.

peace

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't know Brd, after watching last nights game I think the Colts are pushing hard for Luck. Did you see some of those missed tackles? I swear they jumped intentionally to the side of the runner all night. I think the only time they actually hit a TB player was if the TB player ran into them.

Right now for odds of getting Luck'y' I put the odds at:

Colts -        4:1
    Mia -          2:1
    Rams -        2:1
    Seahawks - 1.5:1
    KC -           1:2
    Den -         1:4

You might think the Rams are a weird choice to include but they really stink and could use the plethora of picks they would get in a trade

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Hey gents how's it going, would love a true #1 WR but I think with the success of other teams drafting WRs in the 2nd and 3rd as well as BB not drafting a WR in the 1st I think the earliest is the 2nd round for a WR. 
    Last draft there were over 4 or 5 quality 43 pass rush DEs drafted in the 2nd round, I don't know if my guy will be available in the 2nd but hope he is.  This year I would like to see a stud.
    If I had to go right now and draft here are my 4 guys I'll be picking, IMO we might see a similar draft in 6 months.  Offcourse I have to take a DB, its the norm now.

DE Cam Johnson (Sr) Virginia 6'4" 270 also has a year experience at 34 OLB. Explosive first step.
    FS Markelle Martin (Sr) Oklahoma State 6'1" 198 excellent in pass coverage, needs work in run defense.  But IMO we need a FS that can prevent the big play.
    OC Peter Konz (Jr) Wisconsin 6'5" 315 I really like Konz, strong anchor for a very good Winconsin OL.  If he comes out as a Jr he'll be the #1 ranked C if he continues to develop
    WR Jeff Fuller (Sr) Texas A&M 6'4" 220 

A player I really like (3rd or 4th) is Kendall Wright, excellent route runner very good hands.  he's a younger version of Branch with a little mix of WW in there as well.  He's only 5'10" 190 not a big guy but shifty and finds the empty space in a zone. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Hey gents how's it going, would love a true #1 WR but I think with the success of other teams drafting WRs in the 2nd and 3rd as well as BB not drafting a WR in the 1st I think the earliest is the 2nd round for a WR.  Last draft there were over 4 or 5 quality 43 pass rush DEs drafted in the 2nd round, I don't know if my guy will be available in the 2nd but hope he is.  This year I would like to see a stud. If I had to go right now and draft here are my 4 guys I'll be picking, IMO we might see a similar draft in 6 months.  Offcourse I have to take a DB, its the norm now. DE Cam Johnson (Sr) Virginia 6'4" 270 also has a year experience at 34 OLB. Explosive first step. FS Markelle Martin (Sr) Oklahoma State 6'1" 198 excellent in pass coverage, needs work in run defense.  But IMO we need a FS that can prevent the big play. OC Peter Konz (Jr) Wisconsin 6'5" 315 I really like Konz, strong anchor for a very good Winconsin OL.  If he comes out as a Jr he'll be the #1 ranked C if he continues to develop WR Jeff Fuller  (Sr) Texas A&M 6'4" 220  A player I really like (3rd or 4th) is Kendall Wright, excellent route runner very good hands.  he's a younger version of Branch with a little mix of WW in there as well.  He's only 5'10" 190 not a big guy but shifty and finds the empty space in a zone. 
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Pats,
    I like what I've seen from Fuller and Cam Johnson is a very intriguing kid to me,  good size, very versatile and can get after the QB, make plays behind the LOS.  The knock on him has been his motor, but the kid is on the field a ton (70 plays per game as a soph, 60 as a junior), so it could be fatigue.  He's also been diagnosed with "sickle-cell anemia", which can effect energy levels etc.