2012 Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

2012 Patriots

So for the past month I've been reading everyone saying this and that about the Patriots. Since everyone has an opinion on what will happen I think we should predict before the draft and FA's begin what our 2012 Pats will look like.

Offense:

QB: Brady, Mallett
    RB: Ridley, Woodhead, Vareen
    WR: Welker, Lloyd, Laraunt Robinson, Branch, Edelman, Slater
    TE: Gronk, Herny, Ellison
    T: Solder, Vollmer, Light, Cannon
    G: Mankins, Waters, Cannon
    C: Connely (R) Micheal Brewster- Ohio State

I think the Pats will sign 2 guys for the offense and both being WR. I've been looking at options and reading others post, and Laraunt Robinson could be the real deal. While filling in for Miles Austin and Dez Bryant he gained 800+ yards and 11 TD's. At first I liked him for his size at 6'2 but really started doing some research on him and he has the speed too. At the combine he ran a 4.38 and Lloyd I think would be a cheap no brainier with McDaniels. Rhett Ellison could be a 5th or 6th round pick and fit pretty well with this team because he can become a huge FB or a blocking TE. I put his combine link up to show how versatile he is. Brewster is a realistic mid round pick.

Defense:
    DE: (R) Fletcher Cox, Warren, Deaderick
    NT: Wilfork, (R) Jerel Worthy, Love
    OLB: Ninkovich, (R) Anrde Branch, Mark Anderson, (R) Vinny Curry
    ILB: Mayo, Spikes, Fletcher
    CB: Finnegan, McCourty, Arrington, Ras-I, Moore
    S: Chung, Leron Landry, Ihedigbo, McCourty, Brown

I really think that BB wants to run the 3-4 defense. And with that I had the first 4 picks in the draft all on the front 7 and 3 of them are all about getting after the QB. I think that Landry will be dirt cheap and honestly I thought McCourty was better at safety last year so if it didn't work out then we still have D-Mac. Finnegan is the guy I really hop they sign because he can match up man to man and plays the #1 WR. It allows the Pats to move around McCourty and hopefully he will return to form.

Free Agents signings: Welker, Finnegan, Llyod, Robinson, Landry and some fillers. Im not great with cap space but I believe they could make this work. Landry and Robinson should be pretty cheap and Landry has a ceiling to be a top FS. Robinson has speed and size and started to show his skill with Dallas and it seems no body is talking about him. Resign Anderson, Love Branch and Gerald Warren to all play key parts in our return to the Super Bowl.
    Draft: Round 1: Fletcher Cox and Andre Branch
     Round 2: Jerel Worthy and Vinny Curry
    After that I get lost but I think those picks are reasonable since Worthy is falling and Curry could still be there. TBB always finds good linemen late, I hope he can find a center and a HB would be a nice fit too.

Time to make your prediction!!!! And hopefully in August we can bring this up and see if anyone should be working in the front office.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: 2012 Patriots

Looks like you are missing a TE. Hint: he is in your AVATAR. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Hes in there. Herny 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to 2012 Patriots:
    So for the past month I've been reading everyone saying this and that about the Patriots. Since everyone has an opinion on what will happen I think we should predict before the draft and FA's begin what our 2012 Pats will look like. Offense:                                                  QB: Brady, Mallett RB: Ridley, Woodhead, Vareen FB: (R) Rhett Ellison- http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/rhett-ellison?id=2532835 WR: Welker, Lloyd, Laraunt Robinson, Branch, Edelman, Slater TE: Gronk, Herny, Ellison T: Solder, Vollmer, Light, Cannon G: Mankins, Waters, Cannon C: Connely (R) Micheal Brewster- Ohio State I think the Pats will sign 2 guys for the offense and both being WR. I've been looking at options and reading others post, and Laraunt Robinson could be the real deal. While filling in for Miles Austin and Dez Bryant he gained 800+ yards and 11 TD's. At first I liked him for his size at 6'2 but really started doing some research on him and he has the speed too. At the combine he ran a 4.38 and Lloyd I think would be a cheap no brainier with McDaniels. Rhett Ellison could be a 5th or 6th round pick and fit pretty well with this team because he can become a huge FB or a blocking TE. I put his combine link up to show how versatile he is. Brewster is a realistic mid round pick. Defense: DE: (R) Fletcher Cox, Warren, Deaderick NT: Wilfork, (R) Jerel Worthy, Love OLB: Ninkovich, (R) Anrde Branch, Mark Anderson, (R) Vinny Curry ILB: Mayo, Spikes, Fletcher CB: Finnegan, McCourty, Arrington, Ras-I, Moore S: Chung, Leron Landry, Ihedigbo, McCourty, Brown I really think that BB wants to run the 3-4 defense. And with that I had the first 4 picks in the draft all on the front 7 and 3 of them are all about getting after the QB. I think that Landry will be dirt cheap and honestly I thought McCourty was better at safety last year so if it didn't work out then we still have D-Mac. Finnegan is the guy I really hop they sign because he can match up man to man and plays the #1 WR. It allows the Pats to move around McCourty and hopefully he will return to form. Free Agents signings: Welker, Finnegan, Llyod, Robinson, Landry and some fillers. Im not great with cap space but I believe they could make this work. Landry and Robinson should be pretty cheap and Landry has a ceiling to be a top FS. Robinson has speed and size and started to show his skill with Dallas and it seems no body is talking about him. Resign Anderson, Love Branch and Gerald Warren to all play key parts in our return to the Super Bowl. Draft: Round 1: Fletcher Cox and Andre Branch  Round 2: Jerel Worthy and Vinny Curry After that I get lost but I think those picks are reasonable since Worthy is falling and Curry could still be there. TBB always finds good linemen late, I hope he can find a center and a HB would be a nice fit too. Time to make your prediction!!!! And hopefully in August we can bring this up and see if anyone should be working in the front office.....
    Posted by maine12

hard to complain with that maine. if you can get all those guys on defense. whoa. id like a wide out and a young slot guy welker of the future.
    nice work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I can't see that far into the future so your prediction will have too suffice...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I dont think Dallas will let Robinson go so I think the Pats would sign Langford instead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No matter what the roster looks like they are going back to the SB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Its not about going its about WINNING. Big difference Kansas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Patriots:
    Its not about going its about WINNING. Big difference Kansas.
    Posted by maine12

They will win too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I too think they will make it back to the SB and this time they WILL win it. I think Brady is on more of a mission then last year. Go NE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Patriots:
    I too think they will make it back to the SB and this time they WILL win it. I think Brady is on more of a mission then last year. Go NE
    Posted by WelkerRules

the pats will have to be DRAMATICALLY better than last year to go back to the superbowl, never mind to win it. all the teams but the giants fell for us last year and then the baltimore game "coin toss" (touchdown - no touchdown).

Sections
Shortcuts