2012 Regular Season ends and these are the AFC East standings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

2012 Regular Season ends and these are the AFC East standings

New England Patriots 14-2 AFC East Champs, home field through out playoffs
    Buffalo Bills 11-5 Wild Card Team
    Jets 7-9 Rex gets fired
    Miami 3-13 (so generous) They get a top 2 pick in 2013 draft

Aside from what NE has done I really like what the Bills have put together.  They will have a top 10 D and if their QB plays well they will score some points.  I don't think they are good enough to stop the Patriots.
    The Patriots on paper have done enough for their D to give TB an extra 2 to 3 drives a game meaning an extra 6 to 14 points a game.  A team who averaged 32 ppg last season getting another 6 per game is too much for 90% of NFL teams to keep up with.

On D, with NE scoring at will teams will be forced into a passing attack and BB will then be able to just let the studs go to work.  Pin the ears back and send them all.  They have enough hourses in the race now to have a rotation to keep them all fresh.

So right now the paper SB goes to NE, lets see how the games go.  Have to love what NE has done and will continue to do.  There's a lot of talent that will not make this team.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: 2012 Regular Season ends and these are the AFC East standings

In Response to 2012 Regular Season ends and these are the AFC East standings:
    New England Patriots 14-2 AFC East Champs, home field through out playoffs Buffalo Bills 11-5 Wild Card Team Jets 7-9 Rex gets fired Miami 3-13 (so generous) They get a top 2 pick in 2013 draft Aside from what NE has done I really like what the Bills have put together.  They will have a top 10 D and if their QB plays well they will score some points.  I don't think they are good enough to stop the Patriots. The Patriots on paper have done enough for their D to give TB an extra 2 to 3 drives a game meaning an extra 6 to 14 points a game.  A team who averaged 32 ppg last season getting another 6 per game is too much for 90% of NFL teams to keep up with. On D, with NE scoring at will teams will be forced into a passing attack and BB will then be able to just let the studs go to work.  Pin the ears back and send them all.  They have enough hourses in the race now to have a rotation to keep them all fresh. So right now the paper SB goes to NE, lets see how the games go.  Have to love what NE has done and will continue to do.  There's a lot of talent that will not make this team.  
    Posted by Pats7393

I agree with the order thou think the Bills maybe 10 wins and think the dolphins would be better then that, maybe 5 or 6 wins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

19-0.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats 14-2
    Bills 9-7
    Jets 7-9
    Phins 4-12

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Regular Season ends and these are the AFC East standings:
    19-0.
    Posted by TrueChamp

23-0 including pre-season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Regular Season ends and these are the AFC East standings:
    19-0.
    Posted by TrueChamp

The truth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Pats 12-4
    Bills 9-7
    Jets 9-7
    Phins 5-11

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

OK - so what happens next year when the Dolphins are picking third and have a shot at their next 'franchise' QB?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

OK - so what happens next year when the Dolphins are picking third and have a shot at their next 'franchise' QB?
    Posted by mia76

I thought about this same scenario but unless the whole coaching staff gets fired they can't do anything about it.  I think they will hope to have a shot at Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas 6'3" 210lbs or they will draft one of the better S I've seen in a long time.  This kid will make people say Barron who?

T.J. McDonald USC 6'3" 205 lbs can cover deep or in the slot, big hitter fluid and a team captain.  If he plays as he's expected some will say a FS top 3 picks in the draft.  This is the type of S that can handle physical play and coverage against TEs.  He has improved his coverage skills and by next year's draft he will be a complete S, alreayd considered one of the top Ss and a punishing hitting S.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Depends on if they think they can build around Tannehill. If they think so then they draft a top tier WR or go O-line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Depends on if they think they can build around Tannehill. If they think so then they draft a top tier WR or go O-line.
    Posted by magicalhobo

They almost have too, they have made such a big deal about the signing that for better or worse they are stuck.  I'm sure they know more than I do but I wouldn't play Tannehill this season.  The Phins do not have great WRs, hard to imagine their running game will be lights out, questions on the OL.  Their D is ok but with O deficiencies they will get behind in games.  As for Tannehil, I think he has 3 or 4 years before they think about drafting another QB that early if he doesn't workout.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Agreed, honestly I didn't think Moore was that bad for them last year. I'm more of a believer in solidifying the trenches and then building around them instead of drafting QBs high and throwing them to the wolves.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Regular Season ends and these are the AFC East standings : always thought the same thing, moore did a nice job...dont understand abandoning that ship so quickly...he looked real good on those long scoring drives against the jets in the last game of the year in a game the jets  and showed enough to be given a shot to be good with players put around him...there is something to be said for stability and staying the course sometimes
    Posted by JintsFan

IMO they did what they did for the same reason Tebow started in Denver, fan pressure to have a known name at QB.

Moore looked really well and I think it was a case where his play made the running better than it actually was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I really thought the Tannehill draft in the first round was a mistake given the quality of the offense they have at this point. With Moore showing he was at least an average starting QB they could have taken a better player or traded way back in the first, and dared another team to draft Tannehill early.
    I wonder if they try and sign Gaffney? They got crap at receiver so anything would be an improvement, and no QB will be able to perform with the weapons they have now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Miami claims anyone who NE puts in waivers even Ebert.  If Pats hope to get him in the practice squad he'll be gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I agree the Pats look like they have 13-15 wins on paper (16 is just too much to hope for... here's to hoping).

I agree the Bills look good on paper though there are question marks. I think 9 wins is reasonable and 10 is quite possible. 11 only if they are really healthy.

Jets look to be third. Their record will depend on a lot of things. How good can Coples and Hill be in their rookie year? Can Sanchez become more consistent with his accuracy (that is a HUGE question for them and I think THE most important one)? Can they improve at RT and RG at all? Can Phat Rex - and his players - stop playing footsy with the press and play together as a team?

I figure them for 7 to 9 wins. But if they have a hard time with injuries or if the two rookies cannot help them much this year they could fall to 5-6 wins.

Miami... sad sacks. On paper. But what if their rookie QB surprises.... But even then... it is hard to see them as a decent team this year.

Unless the Jets totally implode, and I think that is highly unlikely, Rex is back for another year. And that is fine with me.... Mediocraty keeps the Jets from going in a better direction.

Sections
Shortcuts