2012 season, 12 - 4?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

2012 season, 12 - 4?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: 2012 season, 12 - 4?????

Always go long with the Pats.  Always. 

Never pick more than 14-2 as a rule.  If the Patriots do occasionally have zero losses, at least they can never get to negative one losses.

Tom Brady's shoulder will be normal by September.  The oversized second year class will be blossoming a bit more, if you can imagine that.  The large rookie class will be blossoming next year, starting with Nate Solder.  Then the Pats get two first rounders and two second rounders.  It's a good year for cornerbacks.

When the Patriots were fully on, they were crushing teams week after week.  Nobody else in the AFC acted like that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

12-4 sounds good with that schedule. A lot can happen this offseason but I like our chances for another successful year with a long playoff run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

11-5
    you have to wonder if gronk will be back to normal early in the season. if the sched has the tough games front-loaded, nwe may incur early losses, but it will also force them to learn other ways to win

11-5 will be good enough to win the div

the toughest games will be
    sff - will be like playing nyg 
    hou - prob one of the afc playoff competitors
    bal - ditto with hou

tougher than expected games will be
    sea
    stl (only if they get a lot of picks from a trade with washington)

in the div
    a possible split with mia - they are just a player or two short of being good
    nyj - i don't know if pats can repeat a season sweep

they need to be all healthy in the playoffs

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, kinda of early isn't it?

The only team that has a chance to beat them is the Crows. 15-1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]JETS 12-4 Buffalo 9-7 Miami 8-8 Patriots 8-8
    Posted by nyfan11[/QUOTE]
    Patriots 12-4
    Miami 10-6
    Buffalo 10-6
    Jets 4-12

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 season, 12 - 4?????:

Baawaaahhaaa!
    Pats 20 mil under cap and improving
    Fins much improved at end of the year and trending up.
    Buffalo also trending up (injuries hurt)
    Jest= same loud mouth coach, same failure for a Qb, same cancerous locker room, and already $5 mill OVER CAP. FAIL FAIL FAIL!!! Can you say cellar?
    What about basement?  You should know that word as thats where most Jest fans live.  Now their team will join them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to "Re: 2012 season, 12 - 4?????": [QUOTE]JETS 12-4 Buffalo 9-7 Miami 8-8 Patriots 8-8 Posted by nyfan11[/QUOTE] Spoken like a clown who doesn't know a thing about football...what a joke! Jets 12-4...closer to 4-12 sounds more realistic

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2012 season, 12 - 4????? : Fool. As soon as Peyton comes to the Jets, you all are toast.

Is Peyaton going to play for free?  That's the only way you could afford him.
    BAAAwwaaahhhaaahhhaahhahhha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Texans, 49ers, Ravens are the tough ones; regardless, they need a good DB, and another lineman or LBer, period. A wideout would help too. If Edelman has potential, he should go to DB school this off-season (as opposed to Tebow going to QB school)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

they can have peyton. 

he will not be the same qb physically on his first year back. the possibility of being incapacitated with one freak hit will be in his mind. 

in the end though one year off qb work is a lot to come back from for a 35 yr old. he will never be the same. he'll be half a second slower. his long ball will be 5-10 yards shorter, etc.

it will take him half the season to realize what he can never do anymore, another half season to figure out how to adjust to a different game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Looking at that schedule IF WE STAY HEALTHY, 16-0.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

NYFU... are not you the same BLOWHARD who said the Pats would NEVER SWEEP the JESTS AND THEN SWITCHED TO ROOTING FOR THE Jints. I'll bet you are for sale and it runs in the family.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

14-2, they lose to the 49ers and Ravens, both PR teams like the Giants. As for Peyton coming to the Jets forget it. Colts will draft Andrew Luck as his replacement as owner Jim Irsay has blown-up the team. Peyton is due $28,000,000.00 by Mar 8 and the Colts will let him walk. Jets can't afford him! Redskins multi-billionaire owner Dan Snyder wants him and will outbid any team.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm Not sure how long Brady can continue to carry a mediocre team.  Unless the Pats make some serious offseason moves, then 12-4 will be pushing it.  

That's what makes this superbowl loss so frustrating, it was a gift the Pats let get away.  I don't see the same luck happening two years in a row.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots 12-4
    Miami 9-7
    Buffalo 9-7
    Jets 3-13

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

Who the **** is this? somebody should find this guy. thats the biggest load of bullsh** i've ever heard. there are only five teams on that schedule that have any possibility of beating the pats and thats the jets (twice), 49ers, ravens, and texans. We wont lose to the jets twice, and the texans are completely overrated.

Pats- 13-3
    jets- 9-7
    bills- 7-9
    dolphins- 5-11

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Tough to call without out seeing how they are scheduled but here we go:

vs Jets - Win
    @Jets - Win
    vs Dolphins - Win
    @ Dolphins - Lose
    vs Bills - Win
    @ Bills -Win
    vs Cardinals - Win
    vs Broncos - Win
    vs Texans - Lose
    vs Colts - Win
    vs 49ers - Win
    @ Ravens - Win
    @ Jaguars - Win
    @ Seahawks - Win
    @ Rams - Win
    @ Titans - Lose(this one has trap game written all over it)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I honestly do not care if they are 9-7 or 16-0 in the regular season so long as they can make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. I do not want to win 9 in a row against crappy teams to make me feel like the defense has "figure it out" and is now a top D despite what any statistics might say.

Would you really rather talking about how we were 13-3, or stiil be in the afterglow of another rolling rally through Boston?!?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This post is a joke right? While we're rolling in levity, don't forget to add: Giants, 16-0 to your NFC list.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

15-1, the only loss being Baltimore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'd say 12-4 or 13-3. Might lose at Balt., might lose at Jests--depending how they can get their act together. Maybe one more road loss in the division--Miami or Buffalo, and one obligatory/random home loss. But, 14-2/15-1 isn't out of the question if things fall the right way for them. Health will be a big factor as usual, but I think even 12-4 earns a top seed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Really like the Pats not only in the division but in the conference. For starters I'll put them at 13-3. 4 picks in the first two rounds and the most cap space of any team in the East.

My #2 in the East is going to be a surprise in Buffalo. Thought they had a lot of big injuries last year with Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson. They are lined up to get the first draft pick in the division, and they have the 2nd most cap space. I'll put them at 9-7.

#3 will be Miami. They finished the season strong, had a coaching change. They have some good players, but some holes on both sides of the ball. They are 3rd in salary cap space and I'll put them at 8-8.

Last place will be the Jets. They have some real locker room issues that can ruin a team and currently are in the worst salary cap situation of any of the teams in the division. I'll put them at 7-9.

Sections
Shortcuts