***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

Ohio State CB Bradley Roby (a favorite of mine), will return to school.  This kid will be one of the top DB's in the nation next year:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/01/all-american_cornerback_bradle.html

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

BB really enjoyed the feeling of trading "up" last draft and rumor has it that he will trade the 1st,2nd and 3rd round picks to Oakland and draft Manti Te'o 

Mayo and Te'o.................

Crap, hate when I day dream.........

Ha, I'm as big a Te'o fan as there is (ND is my team), kid is awesome on and off the field, but his position is too redundant for them to trade their entire draft for... some organization is gonna be luck to land him though!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Awesome!  Time to shock the South... GO IRISH!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Get to see Harrison Smith play today, maybe good Omen for Notre Dame. Still have sour grapes about not Drafting this kid.

I really wanted this kid too... too many folks were underrating this kid, chalking his 1st round projection up to a "weak S class".

Could always draft Harrison Lite in (Zeke Motta) the middle rounds, haha.

you were right....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Dream a Lil dream with Te'o but this kid's coverage skills is unmatched at the LB position.  If there is one part that our great young LB crew is lacking is speed and especially in coverage.Spikes seems to play faster in coverage than his actual speed but the unit as a whole still can be beat in the pass game. Since I don't really follow the draft until after the SB, I ask...outside of Te'o, who are some of the better Coverage/Speed LB's coming out this year??

As far as ILB's that have both the movement skills/ability in coverage and the size that BB likes in the position, Oregon's Kiko Alonso (6-3 242) is at the top of my list... check him out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Get to see Harrison Smith play today, maybe good Omen for Notre Dame. Still have sour grapes about not Drafting this kid.

I really wanted this kid too... too many folks were underrating this kid, chalking his 1st round projection up to a "weak S class".

you were right....

Smith looked awesome last night, did you get to watch?... kid has elite instincts and is so quick to identify and close... complete player. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

you were right....

Smith looked awesome last night, did you get to watch?... kid has elite instincts and is so quick to identify and close... complete player. 

nah, games were too bruital for me to pay attn

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis will return to Madison:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/wisconsins-leading-wr-confirms-hell-be-back-for-another-year/

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Looks like Georgia QB Aaron Murray is expected to return to school:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/aaron-murray-tweets-that-hes-returning-to-georgia-for-one-more-year/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

bad move.

might not get another chance to set up your life

piece of paper isnt worth it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

6 Jan (10:30 AM): Cardinal D gets three back for next year … Stanford MLB Shane Skov is one of three Cardinals with eligibility remaining who has announced he will be back at school next fall rather than enter the 2013 draft. Skov had been considered to be a top prospect at the position for this year’s draft, but was eligible to return to school because he missed much of the 2011 season with a knee injury and really wasn’t 100% this past fall. Skov will be joined in the Cardinal defense next year by fellow junior LB Trent Murphy and junior DE Brent Gardner.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I like this. Frederick is a heck of a G who can swing to C in a pinch

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What do you think they will do with Demps. Obviously he'll be the returner next year but will he be a RB? With Vereen and Woodhead on the team (to me Woodhead has only solidified his spot this year) can Demps crack the quicker smaller RB role?

IMO I think they red shirted him to learn to be a quick wideout and screen guy. Let him work on his hands this past season and imagine a guy with his speed set on the outside

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I like this. Frederick is a heck of a G who can swing to C in a pinch

Agreed.  Kid is huge but moves well in space and absolutely annihilates 2nd level defenders... really like how he finishes blocks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If I was to break down which possible position would we look I'd be looking at this:

(Round 1-2) -

G - Waters needs to be replaced and not sure if Cannon, McDonald, or Thomas are those poeple

T - The only reason I have it going this high is because Vollmers back is a question mark and if Solder can handle the job. Both will be determined this season

WR - I don't think Edelman can replace Welker and Salas is still a question mark. Even if Hern gets moved to a starting WR spot then you are still looking for a true #3 WR and ling term Lloyd replacement

DT - No clear starting DT next to Wilfork yet

DE/OLB - Someone to bookend Jones would just set this D to be dominate for years

FS - Gregory is nice but a long term ball hawking FS would be better

Rounds (3-5)

Basically all the above as you can't pick them all and players can still prove enough this season to drop the priority of the positions

C - Connolly is good but they really like Wendell and McDonald. Add to that Tennant being basically a Koppen clone that needs to improve some things and the priority might not be there

RB - all depends on what Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden do but a larger more powerful RB might be needed

QB - Mallett improved but he needs to improve even more. Getting another young QB to push him can be very helpful

Rounds (6-UDFA) -

TE, ILB, SS, K, P - basically these positions are all set except for maybe depth?

Wow, just went back in time and found I posted this on 9/1, basically it held true.

Vollmer and Solder proved themselves, they moved McCourty to FS, Ridley and Vereen came out on fire.

I don't get it right often but I'd like to pat myself on the back for nailing it very early in the season

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure if Frederick will be around mid 3rd but if he is then he'd be my pick (either trading up our 3rd or in a 3rd acquired via trade back)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

If I was to break down which possible position would we look I'd be looking at this:

(Round 1-2) -

G - Waters needs to be replaced and not sure if Cannon, McDonald, or Thomas are those poeple

T - The only reason I have it going this high is because Vollmers back is a question mark and if Solder can handle the job. Both will be determined this season

WR - I don't think Edelman can replace Welker and Salas is still a question mark. Even if Hern gets moved to a starting WR spot then you are still looking for a true #3 WR and ling term Lloyd replacement

DE/OLB - Someone to bookend Jones would just set this D to be dominate for years

Rounds (3-5)

Basically all the above as you can't pick them all and players can still prove enough this season to drop the priority of the positions

C - Connolly is good but they really like Wendell and McDonald. Add to that Tennant being basically a Koppen clone that needs to improve some things and the priority might not be there

RB - all depends on what Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden do but a larger more powerful RB might be needed

QB - Mallett improved but he needs to improve even more. Getting another young QB to push him can be very helpful

Rounds (6-UDFA) -

TE, ILB, SS, K, P - basically these positions are all set except for maybe depth?

Wow, just went back in time and found I posted this on 9/1, basically it held true.

Vollmer and Solder proved themselves, they moved McCourty to FS, Ridley and Vereen came out on fire.

I don't get it right often but I'd like to pat myself on the back for nailing it very early in the season

Salas plays for Philly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

(Round 1-2) -

Rounds (3-5)

Rounds (6-UDFA) -

Was a good post!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not sure if Frederick will be around mid 3rd but if he is then he'd be my pick (either trading up our 3rd or in a 3rd acquired via trade back)

Personally, I don't see this kid making it out of Rd 2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Vandy WR Jordan Matthews to return to school:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/vandys-to-wr-staying-for-one-more-year-as-well/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

Salas plays for Philly.

Back on 9/1 the date of the original post he wasn't. Besides I said he was a big question marks well that question mark means he's now in Philly

Sections
Shortcuts