1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get to see Harrison Smith play today, maybe good Omen for Notre Dame. Still have sour grapes about not Drafting this kid.

[/QUOTE]

I really wanted this kid too... too many folks were underrating this kid, chalking his 1st round projection up to a "weak S class".

Could always draft Harrison Lite in (Zeke Motta) the middle rounds, haha.

[/QUOTE]

you were right....

[/QUOTE]

Smith looked awesome last night, did you get to watch?... kid has elite instincts and is so quick to identify and close... complete player. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get to see Harrison Smith play today, maybe good Omen for Notre Dame. Still have sour grapes about not Drafting this kid.

[/QUOTE]

I really wanted this kid too... too many folks were underrating this kid, chalking his 1st round projection up to a "weak S class".

Could always draft Harrison Lite in (Zeke Motta) the middle rounds, haha.

[/QUOTE]

you were right....

[/QUOTE]

Smith looked awesome last night, did you get to watch?... kid has elite instincts and is so quick to identify and close... complete player. 

[/QUOTE]

nah, games were too bruital for me to pay attn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis will return to Madison:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/wisconsins-leading-wr-confirms-hell-be-back-for-another-year/

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Looks like Georgia QB Aaron Murray is expected to return to school:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/aaron-murray-tweets-that-hes-returning-to-georgia-for-one-more-year/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Looks like Georgia QB Aaron Murray is expected to return to school:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/aaron-murray-tweets-that-hes-returning-to-georgia-for-one-more-year/

[/QUOTE]

bad move.

might not get another chance to set up your life

piece of paper isnt worth it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

6 Jan (10:30 AM): Cardinal D gets three back for next year … Stanford MLB Shane Skov is one of three Cardinals with eligibility remaining who has announced he will be back at school next fall rather than enter the 2013 draft. Skov had been considered to be a top prospect at the position for this year’s draft, but was eligible to return to school because he missed much of the 2011 season with a knee injury and really wasn’t 100% this past fall. Skov will be joined in the Cardinal defense next year by fellow junior LB Trent Murphy and junior DE Brent Gardner.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Badger OL Travis Frederick to declare for the draft:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/05/starting-lineman-bolts-badgers-for-nfl/

[/QUOTE]

I like this. Frederick is a heck of a G who can swing to C in a pinch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What do you think they will do with Demps. Obviously he'll be the returner next year but will he be a RB? With Vereen and Woodhead on the team (to me Woodhead has only solidified his spot this year) can Demps crack the quicker smaller RB role?

IMO I think they red shirted him to learn to be a quick wideout and screen guy. Let him work on his hands this past season and imagine a guy with his speed set on the outside

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Badger OL Travis Frederick to declare for the draft:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/05/starting-lineman-bolts-badgers-for-nfl/

[/QUOTE]

I like this. Frederick is a heck of a G who can swing to C in a pinch

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Kid is huge but moves well in space and absolutely annihilates 2nd level defenders... really like how he finishes blocks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If I was to break down which possible position would we look I'd be looking at this:

(Round 1-2) -

G - Waters needs to be replaced and not sure if Cannon, McDonald, or Thomas are those poeple

T - The only reason I have it going this high is because Vollmers back is a question mark and if Solder can handle the job. Both will be determined this season

WR - I don't think Edelman can replace Welker and Salas is still a question mark. Even if Hern gets moved to a starting WR spot then you are still looking for a true #3 WR and ling term Lloyd replacement

DT - No clear starting DT next to Wilfork yet

DE/OLB - Someone to bookend Jones would just set this D to be dominate for years

FS - Gregory is nice but a long term ball hawking FS would be better

Rounds (3-5)

Basically all the above as you can't pick them all and players can still prove enough this season to drop the priority of the positions

C - Connolly is good but they really like Wendell and McDonald. Add to that Tennant being basically a Koppen clone that needs to improve some things and the priority might not be there

RB - all depends on what Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden do but a larger more powerful RB might be needed

QB - Mallett improved but he needs to improve even more. Getting another young QB to push him can be very helpful

Rounds (6-UDFA) -

TE, ILB, SS, K, P - basically these positions are all set except for maybe depth?

Wow, just went back in time and found I posted this on 9/1, basically it held true.

Vollmer and Solder proved themselves, they moved McCourty to FS, Ridley and Vereen came out on fire.

I don't get it right often but I'd like to pat myself on the back for nailing it very early in the season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure if Frederick will be around mid 3rd but if he is then he'd be my pick (either trading up our 3rd or in a 3rd acquired via trade back)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]

If I was to break down which possible position would we look I'd be looking at this:

(Round 1-2) -

G - Waters needs to be replaced and not sure if Cannon, McDonald, or Thomas are those poeple

T - The only reason I have it going this high is because Vollmers back is a question mark and if Solder can handle the job. Both will be determined this season

WR - I don't think Edelman can replace Welker and Salas is still a question mark. Even if Hern gets moved to a starting WR spot then you are still looking for a true #3 WR and ling term Lloyd replacement

DE/OLB - Someone to bookend Jones would just set this D to be dominate for years

Rounds (3-5)

Basically all the above as you can't pick them all and players can still prove enough this season to drop the priority of the positions

C - Connolly is good but they really like Wendell and McDonald. Add to that Tennant being basically a Koppen clone that needs to improve some things and the priority might not be there

RB - all depends on what Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden do but a larger more powerful RB might be needed

QB - Mallett improved but he needs to improve even more. Getting another young QB to push him can be very helpful

Rounds (6-UDFA) -

TE, ILB, SS, K, P - basically these positions are all set except for maybe depth?

Wow, just went back in time and found I posted this on 9/1, basically it held true.

Vollmer and Solder proved themselves, they moved McCourty to FS, Ridley and Vereen came out on fire.

I don't get it right often but I'd like to pat myself on the back for nailing it very early in the season

[/QUOTE]

Salas plays for Philly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

(Round 1-2) -

Rounds (3-5)

Rounds (6-UDFA) -

[/QUOTE]

Was a good post!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Not sure if Frederick will be around mid 3rd but if he is then he'd be my pick (either trading up our 3rd or in a 3rd acquired via trade back)

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't see this kid making it out of Rd 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Vandy WR Jordan Matthews to return to school:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/vandys-to-wr-staying-for-one-more-year-as-well/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salas plays for Philly.

[/QUOTE]

Back on 9/1 the date of the original post he wasn't. Besides I said he was a big question marks well that question mark means he's now in Philly

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Here's an interesting idea. I want a larger possession receiver who has decent speed. If, and this is a big if, Chris Gragg from Ark decides to declare could he be converted to a WR. Given he missed almost all of last season he'd be better off staying out of the draft but if he declares he's a 6'3" 236 (way to small to be a TE in the pro's) and runs in the 4.5 range. As a larger WR he has good speed and great size while also having the possibility of running HB. You could have a heavy receiver package with 1 WR (Lloyd/Welker), 2 WR/TE/HB (Hern and Gragg) options, 2 TE on the field (Gronk and Fells/Ballard) and have either Hern or Gragg flex in/out of the backfield. That would be interesting how a D would try to match up against that

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's an interesting idea. I want a larger possession receiver who has decent speed. If, and this is a big if, Chris Gragg from Ark decides to declare could he be converted to a WR. Given he missed almost all of last season he'd be better off staying out of the draft but if he declares he's a 6'3" 236 (way to small to be a TE in the pro's) and runs in the 4.5 range. As a larger WR he has good speed and great size while also having the possibility of running HB. You could have a heavy receiver package with 1 WR (Lloyd/Welker), 2 WR/TE/HB (Hern and Gragg) options, 2 TE on the field (Gronk and Fells/Ballard) and have either Hern or Gragg flex in/out of the backfield. That would be interesting how a D would try to match up against that

[/QUOTE]

Kid has some skill and I like his ability/effort as a blocker.  I don't know if BB will go this route, but it's not a bad idea for a Day 3 pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Though this would be interesteing, lets list our top 3 players we'd like to see in the Pats area of need. I think we can all agree that means WR, interior OL, DL, DB. The one trick to this exercise is you can only pick one player per round and they have to be a realistic chance to make the back of the round. In otherwords we aren't getting Jarvis Jones so don't list him.

For me it would be:

Round 1

DL - Jonathan Jenkins - The back end of the 1st is pushing the limit where he'd be taken but I've seen him listed from late teens to backend of the 1st. I think Jenkins would make an excellent addition next to Wilfork and eventually take over as the anchor 3-4 years down the road.

DB - Matt Elam - There are plenty of CB's to take but if Elam is there he'd be hard to pass on

WR - Terrance Williams - He's tall, quick, and shifty. Better yet he only seemed to improve without RGIII. As Brady gets older I don't think a down the field only receiver is the solution, I think you need someone to work all 3 zones and Williams might be that WR

OL - Jonathan Cooper - Cooper is smaller then most like for a G but his very smart and moves well using plus hand movement. Cooper can also slide inside to C. If he adds 20 more lbs he could be a great run blocking G with speed to work DT's all the way around Brady

Round 2

DL - Margus Hunt - I really wanted to put Ezekeil Ansah here but Ansah is rising up boards way to fast to be in the back of the 2nd. Hunt though hurt his stock early on but showed large improve in both run defense and pass rush. He was almost shut out in the last part of the year making some question if he can full develop his raw potential, however, I've seen him steadily progress which to me says he can learn.Thing is 6'8" 280 sub 4.8 guys don't come around often and I'd hate to miss on a chance to put him opposite Jones for years to comes

DB - Leon McFadden - I don't know what it is about McFadden but everytime I see him I say that's a pro CB. He has great vision, good hands, good hip movement, and plays the ball not the player. If he wasn't at SD state I think he'd be higher up on the board but he has #1/2 CB written all over him

WR - Da'Rick Rodgers - here's a kid that would have been a top 3 WR this year if not for pot related issues. He had to transfer schools but still put up great numbers. We know if pot is the only issue BB will overlook it if the value is right and Rodgers might be in a similar situation. The thing is he could go anywhere from the 1st to the 4th depending on how other teams see his incidents

OL - Travis Frederick - I don't think he makes it to the back of the 3rd and this kid is a well rounded G that can slide to C in a pinch. He operates well 1v1 and in space. He doesn't excell in one aspect but he has all the tools to let Scar build upon. 

Round 3

DL - Kwane Geathers - He most likely will go back to school but if he comes out he could be a hidden gem. The only knock on Geathers is that he plays behind Jenkins. Think of him as a poor mans version of Jenkins but don't think for a minute if he was on another team he wouldn't be a starter. He's a good-great DT/NT, much better then Brace coming out but still not the talent Jenkins is

DB - Micah Hyde - Because of an arrest his stock dipped. He has late 2nd round talent you can have in the 3rd but 14 passes broken up and nothing you can't over look a minor offense for. Yes he played weaker WR's this year but the senior bowl you should keep an eye on him

WR - Markus Wheaton - Wheaton is a bit taller then BB likes in his slot receivers but he's very good in open space and has great quick bursts getting up to speed quickly. Wheaton has great hands and put them on display racking up some big numbers his senior season.

OL - Gabe Jackson - I have to admit I only noticed him because I was watching Ala players. Jackson held his own and was one of the few to shut down Ala's vaunted line for most of the game. He handled Williams with the best of them as well as having a solid game against LSU's DL. He could be an option mid day 2

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

What do you think they will do with Demps. Obviously he'll be the returner next year but will he be a RB? With Vereen and Woodhead on the team (to me Woodhead has only solidified his spot this year) can Demps crack the quicker smaller RB role?

IMO I think they red shirted him to learn to be a quick wideout and screen guy. Let him work on his hands this past season and imagine a guy with his speed set on the outside

[/QUOTE]

been pissed since bb ired him and yes i look forward to that

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Though this would be interesteing, lets list our top 3 players we'd like to see in the Pats area of need. I think we can all agree that means WR, interior OL, DL, DB. The one trick to this exercise is you can only pick one player per round and they have to be a realistic chance to make the back of the round. In otherwords we aren't getting Jarvis Jones so don't list him.

For me it would be:

Round 1

DL - Jonathan Jenkins - The back end of the 1st is pushing the limit where he'd be taken but I've seen him listed from late teens to backend of the 1st. I think Jenkins would make an excellent addition next to Wilfork and eventually take over as the anchor 3-4 years down the road.

DB - Matt Elam - There are plenty of CB's to take but if Elam is there he'd be hard to pass on

WR - Terrance Williams - He's tall, quick, and shifty. Better yet he only seemed to improve without RGIII. As Brady gets older I don't think a down the field only receiver is the solution, I think you need someone to work all 3 zones and Williams might be that WR

OL - Jonathan Cooper - Cooper is smaller then most like for a G but his very smart and moves well using plus hand movement. Cooper can also slide inside to C. If he adds 20 more lbs he could be a great run blocking G with speed to work DT's all the way around Brady

Round 2

DL - Margus Hunt - I really wanted to put Ezekeil Ansah here but Ansah is rising up boards way to fast to be in the back of the 2nd. Hunt though hurt his stock early on but showed large improve in both run defense and pass rush. He was almost shut out in the last part of the year making some question if he can full develop his raw potential, however, I've seen him steadily progress which to me says he can learn.Thing is 6'8" 280 sub 4.8 guys don't come around often and I'd hate to miss on a chance to put him opposite Jones for years to comes

DB - Leon McFadden - I don't know what it is about McFadden but everytime I see him I say that's a pro CB. He has great vision, good hands, good hip movement, and plays the ball not the player. If he wasn't at SD state I think he'd be higher up on the board but he has #1/2 CB written all over him

WR - Da'Rick Rodgers - here's a kid that would have been a top 3 WR this year if not for pot related issues. He had to transfer schools but still put up great numbers. We know if pot is the only issue BB will overlook it if the value is right and Rodgers might be in a similar situation. The thing is he could go anywhere from the 1st to the 4th depending on how other teams see his incidents

OL - Travis Frederick - I don't think he makes it to the back of the 3rd and this kid is a well rounded G that can slide to C in a pinch. He operates well 1v1 and in space. He doesn't excell in one aspect but he has all the tools to let Scar build upon. 

Round 3

DL - Kwane Geathers - He most likely will go back to school but if he comes out he could be a hidden gem. The only knock on Geathers is that he plays behind Jenkins. Think of him as a poor mans version of Jenkins but don't think for a minute if he was on another team he wouldn't be a starter. He's a good-great DT/NT, much better then Brace coming out but still not the talent Jenkins is

DB - Micah Hyde - Because of an arrest his stock dipped. He has late 2nd round talent you can have in the 3rd but 14 passes broken up and nothing you can't over look a minor offense for. Yes he played weaker WR's this year but the senior bowl you should keep an eye on him

WR - Markus Wheaton - Wheaton is a bit taller then BB likes in his slot receivers but he's very good in open space and has great quick bursts getting up to speed quickly. Wheaton has great hands and put them on display racking up some big numbers his senior season.

OL - Gabe Jackson - I have to admit I only noticed him because I was watching Ala players. Jackson held his own and was one of the few to shut down Ala's vaunted line for most of the game. He handled Williams with the best of them as well as having a solid game against LSU's DL. He could be an option mid day 2

[/QUOTE]

PE,

Here's my list:

Rd 1:

DT- Jesse Williams- VW's eventual successor and an immediate upgrade to the DT position.

S- Matt Elam- Might be my favorite player in the class not named Dion Jordan.  Good cover S, very physical and one of the best tacklers at the position in this draft.

OL- Jon Cooper- I see a future All-Pro here, excellent movement skills and athleticism, finishes his blocks and could play C as well.  One of the more enjoyable kids to watch on film, which says a lot considering he's an OG.

DE/OLB- Sam Montgomery- Have seen him listed at the bottom of Rd 1 in some mocks, though I think he'll prob be off the board in the early 20's... if he's available, it'd be tough to pass on him.  Very good size, tenacious on the field, can really get after it off the edge.

*Next Man In- Barrett Jones

Rd 2:

DT- Sylvester Williams-  Big, athletic DT with a good motor and athleticism... might get some Rd 1 looks.

CB- Logan Ryan- CB with good size, versatility and ball skills... kid is flying up my board.

WR- DeAndre Hopkins- The top WR on my board, kid has excellent hands, good RAC ability and has shown that he can be the man for a big time program and against elite competition (see Clemson's Bowl victory vs. LSU).

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine- (Put him here for this exercise, but is prob a Rd 2/3 kid because of the injury).-  Love this kids length, athleticism, motor and ability to make plays behind the LOS.

*Next Man In- DE/OLB Margus Hunt

Rd 3:

WR- Ryan Swope- I bigger (6-0 205) slot WR with excellent hands and the abilty to create after the catch.  Looks like a very reliable player to me.

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore- Has the size/length (6-4 305) and experience in a 34 to be a true 5-tech.  Is also a leader on ND's team.

CB/S- Melvin White- Kid's an intriguing size/speed prospect that flashes elite physicality.  at 6-3 191, he has the skill set to project to both CB and S at the pro level.

S- Shawn Willams- Big versatile S with good speed and physicality.  He’s also a high effort player and I love the SEC experience.

*Next Man In- CB Micah Hyde

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Still early as thinks will change

Rd 1:

DT -Jonathan Jenkins,  seems Jesse Williams is moving past him on draft boards, maybe.

OL- Barrett  Jones - versatile plug and play on the OL

DE/OLB- Sam Montgomery

WR- Justin Hunter   ( I know BB never goes 1st round with WR) I think he will still be around

Rd 2:

DL - Kawann Short - I like Williams too , but S.Williams will be gone before Patriots pick.  Short seems to be a bit like M. Pryor

OL- Larry Warford - Road Grader 4 year starter

DE/OLB Margus Hunt - cannot wait till 3rd round,

S- Eric Reid - He is better in Zone coverage.  I don´t think he goes as high as everyone thinks.

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

Rd 3:

WR Ryan Swope

OG Gabe Jackson - had solid games against Alabama and LSU.  Stronger Run blocker than pass protector

S Bacarri Rambo - Rambo was suspended for the first four games this season. Will drop to here.

DE/OLB Cornellius Carradine - I have seen Steven Muench say he may still go late first/early second.  Not sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

those who guaranteed a nd win didnt exactly come out right.....? 

jint..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i knew when i heard saban was going ot bama, combinnig bama's name recruiting ability with saban's recruiting and coaching that it wasnt going ot be fair. and im an sec-er (from).

with lsu, tex a and m, lsu and florida next year, sec should be even stronger.

Sections
Shortcuts