***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Nice upside pickup today for BB/NC, 6-5 300 DE Armond Armstead... I remember posting about this kid pre-draft last year... his medicals must've been awful due to the hear issue, because this kid is a very good package of size/length/athleticism... believe I remember him rushing out off the edge out of a 2-point stance while at SC.

Very good low rish, high upside pickup.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

I see him as a Pryor replacement. He had injury issues before the heart attack and he most likely will continue with injury issues, but hopefully less then Pryor. However, I remember watching him and many scouting reports saying he never lived up to his potential and rarely gave full effort. Kind of an ego blue chipper that never took full advantage of his natural abilities. If he's over t great but that's still a concern given that teams had all season to sign him and they didn't. Either way he could be anything from a free 2nd round pick up (similar to Demps) or a JAG camp body. Either way I wouldn't let him effect any plans on the DL this offseason and would only count him as a body until he proves he deserves a spot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Armstead is not the DT I am hoping they put next to VW. That said, the video shows pretty good moves at DE. At 295 lbs, he could cause a lot of headache for any OL. 

I still want the upgrade in the middle.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Love and deaderick are decent depth players....not good enough to start on ouR DL. I am with you PatsEng on the DT choices. I think we would need to move up in round 2 to have a chance at Rhodes, but I like him if we are adding depth to the defensive backfield. A lot depends upon Talib. We need to resign him. Finding a starting caliber cb is going to be hard to do, and I want a guy like Talib back there that has size, experience and an edge. 

Personally, I would like to see some more speed at lb, but lower on my priority list. 

Given we were successful converting mccourty to safety, what are the chances we do the same with Arrington or dowling? Arrington plays a physical game, and he can blitz, play in the box, and is a solid tackler. Not as fast as mccourty but maybe he plays best with the ball in front of him. 

Ras has the better chance of converting imo. Just a better player at breaking down plays. Arrington I could let go and not even think about it. His time here is marked by lucky games. Sometimes he looks like a starter and others completely lost. He's made the same mistakes over and over again while getting the same essential production down the middle. I'm not even sure I'd want him as a 3rd CB if there is a better option available

This will be a make or break offseason for a lot of pats players. Arrington included. I don't think he is horrible, just horrible on the outside and not a starting ca liber cb...but he is not a bad 4th option, solely a slot cover guy, and decent on ST's. he has some value. Sadly, we probably need 2 good cb's if Talib isn't resigned and dowling doesn't stay healthy and progress. The problem is we won't know on dowling until after the draft and maybe not until the start of the season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Love and deaderick are decent depth players....not good enough to start on ouR DL. I am with you PatsEng on the DT choices. I think we would need to move up in round 2 to have a chance at Rhodes, but I like him if we are adding depth to the defensive backfield. A lot depends upon Talib. We need to resign him. Finding a starting caliber cb is going to be hard to do, and I want a guy like Talib back there that has size, experience and an edge. 

Personally, I would like to see some more speed at lb, but lower on my priority list. 

Given we were successful converting mccourty to safety, what are the chances we do the same with Arrington or dowling? Arrington plays a physical game, and he can blitz, play in the box, and is a solid tackler. Not as fast as mccourty but maybe he plays best with the ball in front of him. 

Ras has the better chance of converting imo. Just a better player at breaking down plays. Arrington I could let go and not even think about it. His time here is marked by lucky games. Sometimes he looks like a starter and others completely lost. He's made the same mistakes over and over again while getting the same essential production down the middle. I'm not even sure I'd want him as a 3rd CB if there is a better option available

This will be a make or break offseason for a lot of pats players. Arrington included. I don't think he is horrible, just horrible on the outside and not a starting ca liber cb...but he is not a bad 4th option, solely a slot cover guy, and decent on ST's. he has some value. Sadly, we probably need 2 good cb's if Talib isn't resigned and dowling doesn't stay healthy and progress. The problem is we won't know on dowling until after the draft and maybe not until the start of the season. 

Well I'm looking at Ras at the 4th option at this point which would push Arrington to the 5th spot as I don't want him to be the primary backup. Dennard has a good handle as the #2 CB which leaves spots open in the #1 and #3 CB roles. Ideally I'd like to resign Talib for the #1 spot and draft a kid in the 2nd/3rd and put him into that slot #3 role where there is less pressure. If Ras stays healthy he becomes the primary backup to Talib and Dennard, if not then the corner you draft takes on that role. But, I don't want to see Arrington on the outside and I think he'll get a halfway decent contract from someone, more than what I'd want to pay for a 5th CB. Though, statiscally this year Arrington ranked in the bottom 5% of the league for CB's so who knows maybe he'll take a min contract which at that point I'd take him back as the #5 CB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Well I'm looking at Ras at the 4th option at this point which would push Arrington to the 5th spot as I don't want him to be the primary backup. Dennard has a good handle as the #2 CB which leaves spots open in the #1 and #3 CB roles. Ideally I'd like to resign Talib for the #1 spot and draft a kid in the 2nd/3rd and put him into that slot #3 role where there is less pressure. If Ras stays healthy he becomes the primary backup to Talib and Dennard, if not then the corner you draft takes on that role. But, I don't want to see Arrington on the outside and I think he'll get a halfway decent contract from someone, more than what I'd want to pay for a 5th CB. Though, statiscally this year Arrington ranked in the bottom 5% of the league for CB's so who knows maybe he'll take a min contract which at that point I'd take him back as the #5 CB

I agree. 

1.  They need to keep Talib.

2.  Dennard looks to be developing into a solid #2, hope the sophomore decline doesn't hit him as well.

3.  I'd prefer they address the offseason as if Ras-I is not on the roster, kid just can't be counted on to stay healthy.

4.  Aaringon should at best be a reserve/slot/dime CB.

5.  Cole should never see the field as a CB.

6.  They need to bring in at least one CB this offseason, preferably a kid that projects as a Top 3 CB on their team... Banks/Ryan/Rhodes/Poyer/Slay/Hyde/McFadden/Wilson/Simon/Hawthorne/Melvin White/Jamar Taylor/Robert Alford/Terrence Brown, etc... this class looks deep with CB talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

PatsEng..

do you put Arrington over cole? I think Arrington has more st value, but I think both are decent in the slot. 

i am going to make some assumptions On defense 

1. Assuming they resign talib

cb...Talib, Dennard, (draft Poyer, round 2), Ras, Arrington, cole ,,...in that order 

dl...Vince, (draft kawann short or Sheldon Richardson round 1), jones, nink 

lb...Hightower, spikes, mayo, fletcher, Wilson on passing downs

safety....mccourty, (get Byrd, delmas or goldson), Wilson, (draft ti McDonald round 3)

2. Assuming they don't resign talib

cb...Dennard (draft Rhodes round 1), Ras, Arrington, cole, Williams ...in that order. They could also go the FA route and grab grimes, cromartie from Philly ..but if you do that , why not just sign Talib?

DL...Vince, (draft Jesse Williams round 2), jones, nink

others same as above...

offense....they don't resign welker...

rb...Ridley, Vereen, bolden, demps (let woody walk unless fair money signing)

wr...Bowe/Wallace/sign FA, Lloyd, Hern, Edelman, (sign another FA like Gibson or ginn to add depth and return kicks)...demps can also or Vereen on punts in place of Wes.

te...Gronk, Ballard, Hooman (fells walks), Hern 

ol...same, vollmer resigned

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Above post for everyone...not just PatsEng...thanks...lifer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

PatsEng..

do you put Arrington over cole? I think Arrington has more st value, but I think both are decent in the slot. 

i am going to make some assumptions On defense 

1. Assuming they resign talib

cb...Talib, Dennard, (draft Poyer, round 2), Ras, Arrington, cole ,,...in that order 

Yeah I'd agree I'd put them in that order but it depends what Arrington commands on the market. Anything more then min contract and I don't think there is a huge difference in Cole vs Arrington for that 5th spot

dl...Vince, (draft kawann short or Sheldon Richardson round 1), jones, nink 

Not sure I like the picks but I like the idea

lb...Hightower, spikes, mayo, fletcher, Wilson on passing downs

I'm not sure Fletcher can last a season so I'd be looking for a replacement but I like using Wilson as the hybrid SS/LB on passing downs

safety....mccourty, (get Byrd, delmas or goldson), Wilson, (draft ti McDonald round 3)

Honestly I don't think the FA's this year are going to be worth what they command on the market. Additionally I don't want to draft a S just to draft a S and that's what I think the McDonald pick would end up being in the end. I'd be happy with McCourty, Gregory, Ebner, Wilson provided they fix the pass rush and fix the CB's

2. Assuming they don't resign talib

cb...Dennard (draft Rhodes round 1), Ras, Arrington, cole, Williams ...in that order. They could also go the FA route and grab grimes, cromartie from Philly ..but if you do that , why not just sign Talib?

If they don't resign Talib then I agree they have to get a CB early and Rhodes seems like the natural pick. However I don't think going into a season with Rhodes and Dennard followed by that list of players is any better then what we had before Talib. I think one way or another they have to find a #3 or better CB on the FA market

DL...Vince, (draft Jesse Williams round 2), jones, nink

J Williams could be a good pick but he's still raw. I don't think I'd be comfortable starting him with the above secondary. If the above secondary is the case I'd rather they spend some cash for Melton or Starks and let Williams develop

others same as above...

offense....they don't resign welker...

rb...Ridley, Vereen, bolden, demps (let woody walk unless fair money signing)

Woodhead isn't going anyway because I don't think he'll command anymore than $1-2mil per year and his value to this team on 3rd downs was appearent even in the Ravens game. Bolden though could be the odd man out. Since coming off of suspension he was rarely used and when he was to mop up he didn't have the same explosiveness or strength as before the suspension. 

wr...Bowe/Wallace/sign FA, Lloyd, Hern, Edelman, (sign another FA like Gibson or ginn to add depth and return kicks)...demps can also or Vereen on punts in place of Wes.

No on Wallace. He's going to command more money than Welker and he's an unknown in this system. I'd rather spend less or just resign Welker. I like adding Bowe though or replacing Welker with Amendola or Heartline

te...Gronk, Ballard, Hooman (fells walks), Hern 

Agree I think Fells is odd man out here

ol...same, vollmer resigned

I'd like to add depth but unless and upgrade falls into their laps in FA I think the starters are good to go

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

A Safety posibility mid-round: Senior Bowl Notes

Florida International’s Jonathan Cyprien continues to impress. Even though he’s big and muscled up, his hips are loose and his ankle flexion is outstanding. He gets from single high position to the sideline faster than any safety here on either squad, but he’s not out of control when doing so

In line drills, Texas defensive end Alex Okafor continued his strong week.  At one point he got into Central Michigan tackle Eric Fisher’s chest and drove him back several yards, drawing “ooohs” from onlookers.  Later, Fisher had to tackle Okafor to keep him from getting by.  Okafor also proved to be a nightmare matchup for Wisconsin tackle Ricky Wagner.  In fact, there hasn’t been a lineman down here who has been able to handle Okafor consistently.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

A Safety posibility mid-round: Senior Bowl Notes

Florida International’s Jonathan Cyprien continues to impress. Even though he’s big and muscled up, his hips are loose and his ankle flexion is outstanding. He gets from single high position to the sideline faster than any safety here on either squad, but he’s not out of control when doing so

In line drills, Texas defensive end Alex Okafor continued his strong week.  At one point he got into Central Michigan tackle Eric Fisher’s chest and drove him back several yards, drawing “ooohs” from onlookers.  Later, Fisher had to tackle Okafor to keep him from getting by.  Okafor also proved to be a nightmare matchup for Wisconsin tackle Ricky Wagner.  In fact, there hasn’t been a lineman down here who has been able to handle Okafor consistently.  

Watched some tape earlier on Cyprien... good size, physical, aggressive, has some instincts and ball skills, moves well... agree, solid mid-round option.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Do we have enough under the cap to franchise welker and reasonably sign Talib At The same time? What about adding a Melton or Starks to that list as well? Brady, mayo, vw restructure contracts? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Hey Guys,

Posted on this thread at times in the past, but I am going to try and make an effort this year to post more frequently, because I like what you guys have to say here, and I am a close follower of the draft myself. Been keeping up with the thread a bit this year, but will definitely be looking at everything from here on out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Do we have enough under the cap to franchise welker and reasonably sign Talib At The same time? What about adding a Melton or Starks to that list as well? Brady, mayo, vw restructure contracts? 

BB mentioned the other day in his presser that "cap space" is a misleading term, which is something I've thought for a while. Sure there is a point where you can mismanage cap and get into a mess like the Jets are in, but I feel like for a team as well run as the Pats are, they have tons of flexibility to manuever and do what they want. Whether that is restructuring current contracts, or getting creative with the FA that you bring in with regards to how you structure the contract.

My sense though from things I've read though, is that if Welker is franchised it will make it tough to sign Talib and others on top of that without the Pats eventually coming to a long term deal with Welker. A franchise tag would carry 11+M salary as well as cap hit, where as if you sign him to a long term deal, the hit against the cap can be manipulated.

I really hope they can work out a long term deal with Welker if that is indeed their plan, which will then provide flexibility to hopefully lock up Talib, Vollmer, as well as potentially Edelman/Woody, and maybe a FA or two.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd also be interested in Baltimore's LB Dannell Ellerbe and OLB/DE Paul Kruger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Clayton says 18 Mil under other sites 

say 35 mil under. BB could do some 

damage. 

I like 5/ 50 for Anthony Spenser.

2/12 Ed Reed.

4/32 Dwayne Bowe.

Also keep inminds that unless Flaco

signs Paul Kruger will be available.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Here are a few FA that I'd like for us to take a look at in addition to hopefully resigning Welker/Talib/Vollmer, etc.

WR Brian Hartline, MIA - I don't think really think we nessacarily need a 6'3" burner on the outside. Our offense isn't really made for that. What we need is someone who can consistently win outside the numbers with precise routes but also has the ability to threaten deep, and create after the catch. Brandon Lloyd was miscast as a deep threat, he isn't that. He is a glorified possession WR who can never create after the catch because he is always on the ground. Hartline isn't a burner, but he runs good routes and can win outside the numbers. We aren't getting a Bowe/Wallace type, Hartline would be a good potential add.

DT Henry Melton, CHI or DT Randy Starks, MIA - Both these guys could command big money but I think would fill a huge hole, but it remains to be seen if we would spend the money to get one of them. They are both similar, but MUCH better players compared to someone like Jonathan Fanene who we tried to get for that penetrating DT role last offseason. I really feel like Armond Armstead could make an impact, for a fraction of the cost. But I'd still like to see them take a look at these guys.

LB Paul Kruger, BAL - He may price himself out of our price range, but for reasons mentioned above, he'd be someone to take a look at.

LB Dannell Ellerbe, BAL - Similar to Kruger in the fact that he may be priced out of our price range, but Ellerbe could be another nice add to our D. Can he be a cover LB we need? That I am not so sure of, but he is a good player.

FS Ed Reed, BAL - We all know BB has loved him for a long time. If he finally gets to the open market, does BB take a dip? I'd love it. Would add instant credibility, leadership, and a veteran on the backend to go along with McCourty. Reed has lost a step for sure, but is still an instinctual player who can make players.

Just some of the guys that I like. Most have been mentioned at some point on the thread already, but I think all could be valuable additions to the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Also here are some names I like at our positions of need. I am sure most of them have been brought up before, but in case some haven't, here they are.

Outside WR (not nessacarily deep threat, but someone who can win outside and has speed)

WR Robert Woods, USC (Rd.2) - Polished WR, not the most physically gifted, but knows how to win outside.

WR Terrance Williams, Baylor (Rd.2)

WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson (Rd.2)

WR Quinton Patton, LA Tech (Rd.2-3)

WR Marquise Goodwin, Texas (Rd.3)

WR Aaron Dobson, Marshall (Rd.3-4)

WR Tavarres King, Georgia (Rd. 4-5)

Interior D-Line

DT Shariff Floyd, Florida (Rd.1)

DT Jesse Williams, Alabama (Rd.1)

DT Sylvester Williams, UNC (Rd.2)

DT Bennie Logan, LSU (Rd.3-4)

Defensive End

DE Dion Jordan, Oregon (Rd.1) - He will be gone, but love him as a player.

DE Datone Jones, UCLA (Rd.1) -Personal favorite of mine. Can play all over. Could be DT in sub packages.

DE Tank Carradine, Florida St. (Rd.3) - Would have been 1st rounder without question until he tore ACL. Could be steal in mid rounds.

DE Joe Kruger, Utah (Rd.5-7) - Has NFL bloodlines, and great size (6-6, 280). He is raw, but talented. Could be good developmental guy.

"Coverage" LB (Clearly an area of struggle for this team, this past year)

LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia  (Rd.1) - Likely out of Pats range. But love him as a player.

LB Khaseem Greene, Rutgers (Rd.2)

LB Arthur Brown, Kansas State (Rd.2)

LB Trevardo Williams/LB Sio Moore, UConn (Rd.3-4)

LB Devonte Holloman, South Carolina (Rd.4)

LB Kenny Tate, Maryland (Rd.6-7)

Cornerback

CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State (Rd.1-2)

CB Desmond Trufant, Washington (Rd.1-2)

CB Logan Ryan, Rutgers (Rd.2)

CB Robert Alford, SE Louisiana (Rd.3)

CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson, UConn (Rd.2-3)

CB Leon McFadden, SD State (Rd. 4)

CB Adrian Bushell, Louisville (Rd.4-5)

CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU (Rd.5-6)

CB Sanders Cummings, Georgia (Rd.6)

Safety

SS Matt Elam, Florida (Rd.1-2)

FS Kenny Vaccaro, Texas (Rd.1)

FS Eric Reid, LSU (Rd.1-2)

FS Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma (Rd.2)

FS DJ Swearinger, South Carolina (Rd.2-3)

SS Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse (Rd.4)

SS Shawn Williams, Georgia (Rd.4)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Been reading a lot of good press about Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton (6-0 200) at the Senior Bowl so I gave this kid a look and I'm very impressed... so much so that I'll be adding him to my Big 32.

He'd give them the good route running, COD and RAC ability but also has good size which would satisfy a lot of folks on this board and in general.   He looks like a very good fit for their offense and option at the back end of Rd 2 or atleast in the Top 75.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey sports welcome back. My response is in bold:

In response to sportslover21's comment:

Here are a few FA that I'd like for us to take a look at in addition to hopefully resigning Welker/Talib/Vollmer, etc.

WR Brian Hartline, MIA - I don't think really think we nessacarily need a 6'3" burner on the outside. Our offense isn't really made for that. What we need is someone who can consistently win outside the numbers with precise routes but also has the ability to threaten deep, and create after the catch. Brandon Lloyd was miscast as a deep threat, he isn't that. He is a glorified possession WR who can never create after the catch because he is always on the ground. Hartline isn't a burner, but he runs good routes and can win outside the numbers. We aren't getting a Bowe/Wallace type, Hartline would be a good potential add.

I like Heartline a lot but he is very inconsistent. If he's to replace Welker I don't think there will be a huge drop off but he's not a #1 WR imo. The problem I see is that we don't have people who can out fight aggressive DB's at the line. Minus Gronk we have no one who can out fight for a ball. For that I'd like a bigger WR to mismatch against aggressive CB's but I agree that I don't think we need a burner. Just someone with a larger catch radius. Heartline at 6'2" 200lb might be able to do that if the match S's and LB's against Hern and Gronk

DT Henry Melton, CHI or DT Randy Starks, MIA - Both these guys could command big money but I think would fill a huge hole, but it remains to be seen if we would spend the money to get one of them. They are both similar, but MUCH better players compared to someone like Jonathan Fanene who we tried to get for that penetrating DT role last offseason. I really feel like Armond Armstead could make an impact, for a fraction of the cost. But I'd still like to see them take a look at these guys.

Melton I think is going to get franchised but Starks I'm all for if the market doesn't go crazy. Starks would be that typical in division FA BB likes to pick up because of the history and similarity in game plan between the teams

LB Paul Kruger, BAL - He may price himself out of our price range, but for reasons mentioned above, he'd be someone to take a look at.

LB Dannell Ellerbe, BAL - Similar to Kruger in the fact that he may be priced out of our price range, but Ellerbe could be another nice add to our D. Can he be a cover LB we need? That I am not so sure of, but he is a good player.

I wouldn't look at either one honestly. They'd be to replace Nink and for the cost compared to increase in performance just isn't worth it.I'd love to find a 4th LB with coverage ability though

FS Ed Reed, BAL - We all know BB has loved him for a long time. If he finally gets to the open market, does BB take a dip? I'd love it. Would add instant credibility, leadership, and a veteran on the backend to go along with McCourty. Reed has lost a step for sure, but is still an instinctual player who can make players.

I'm good with McCourty at FS as I think Reeds abilities are in decline. I wouldn't mind finding a 3rd CB or a SS though, but the market seems kind of thin. Honestly keeping the S core we have (minus Chung), resigning Talib, and adding a 3rd CB in the draft seems like the best option

Just some of the guys that I like. Most have been mentioned at some point on the thread already, but I think all could be valuable additions to the team.

Good thinking and I like your detail. Any OL you are looking at for RG or depth?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Hey sports welcome back. My response is in bold:

In response to sportslover21's comment:

I like Heartline a lot but he is very inconsistent. If he's to replace Welker I don't think there will be a huge drop off but he's not a #1 WR imo. The problem I see is that we don't have people who can out fight aggressive DB's at the line. Minus Gronk we have no one who can out fight for a ball. For that I'd like a bigger WR to mismatch against aggressive CB's but I agree that I don't think we need a burner. Just someone with a larger catch radius. Heartline at 6'2" 200lb might be able to do that if the match S's and LB's against Hern and Gronk

Melton I think is going to get franchised but Starks I'm all for if the market doesn't go crazy. Starks would be that typical in division FA BB likes to pick up because of the history and similarity in game plan between the teams

I wouldn't look at either one honestly. They'd be to replace Nink and for the cost compared to increase in performance just isn't worth it.I'd love to find a 4th LB with coverage ability though

I'm good with McCourty at FS as I think Reeds abilities are in decline. I wouldn't mind finding a 3rd CB or a SS though, but the market seems kind of thin. Honestly keeping the S core we have (minus Chung), resigning Talib, and adding a 3rd CB in the draft seems like the best option

Good thinking and I like your detail. Any OL you are looking at for RG or depth?

Good stuff. Come to think of it, I actually agree with you on the Ellerbe/Kruger front, they wouldn't fill a need or present an upgrade.

As for Reed. I don't anticipate him taking over for McCourty who I also like at FS, but he could provide a veteran presence back there and depth as a 3rd safety.

Agree that Melton/Starks are longshots, and would be more of a "luxury" IMO. Like I said, I think Armstead could do real well, so that need for interior DL isn't as big as it was just two days ago.

On Hartline, I don't think he is a #1 WR either. But as another option in our style of offense, I think he'd be a good fit. Good route runner with deceptive speed, and unlike a Lloyd or Welker can actually win deep on ocassion. Like I mentioned, I don't think we necessarily need a 6'3" pure speed threat, but rather a bigger bodied WR who can win on the outside, run good routes and at least have a 'threat' of getting deep, with the speed to do so.

* As for your question on OG or OL depth. I actually really like what we have there currently. Assuming we resign Vollmer at OT, and hopefully Donald Thomas at backup OG. I really like what we have. OT - Solder/Vollmer/Cannon/Zusevics -- OG - Mankins/Connolly/Thomas/McDonald -- C - Wendell. I think that line is actually pretty good. Could there be a need for depth if Vollmer and/or Thomas depart? Sure.

As for some names in FA, I don't really have many for the level I think they'd be looking at which is lower tier, depth guys. A few names could be: OG Antoine Caldwell, HOU - OT/G Geoff Schwartz, MIN - OG Zach Hurd, OAK - OG Nate Garner, MIA. But if I am being completely honest, if they did go the FA route for OL (which I am not sure they need to or will), then I am not real sure of who they'd go after, but anyways, these are just some names of depth guys that I like.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.pigskinheaven.com/content.php/1156-Johnathan-Cyprien

Here is a link to an article and video on Cyprien.  He is impressive. Good size, COD, anticipation, keeps the plays in front of him and can legally hit well.  There maybe questions about his competition, but love the effort.  He may be a late 2nd when it is all said and done. I am moving him up my draft board

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

looks like margus hunt isn't what i and some others thought he was. projected to be taken around the 4th round. same with ansah.. guess that's why i don't get paid to do this stuff lol.

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2244/20130124/project_pass_rush/

DE's alex okafor and datone jones getting rave reviews so far at the senior bowl practices

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2243/20130123/senior_bowl_notes_tuesday/

I never had him as a Rd 1 kid (been a Rd 2 kid for me), but I still think he's off the board on Day 2 due to his size/length/upside and it's possible that some personnel type could fall in love with his upside and take him in Rd 1.  I'd rather have Carradine/Okafor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

[QUOTE]

http://www.pigskinheaven.com/content.php/1156-Johnathan-Cyprien

Here is a link to an article and video on Cyprien.  He is impressive. Good size, COD, anticipation, keeps the plays in front of him and can legally hit well.  There maybe questions about his competition, but love the effort.  He may be a late 2nd when it is all said and done. I am moving him up my draft board

Thanks, JJ.