***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

I like the following Pats draft:

1st - Margus Hunt SMU DE Great size/speed for pass rush help, athletic and could develop like JJ Watt

2nd - J Willams or Kawann Short - DT - help for Big Vince makes Kyle Love a rotational reserve

3rd - Connor Vernon - WR Duke - Can't remember his name but seen him play and he has size, hands, moves, and good - not great - speed

7th - Randall Mackey - Ole Miss - versitile has played QB, RB, and WR - quick with good hands and can run with it after the catch

Pats must resign Talib, SeaBass, and seek help at Safety in free agency. Hopefully Marcus Cannon continues to develop and can repace Connelly next year.

MB - for your next year prospects - don't sleep on Donte Moncrief - Ole Miss WR destined for greatness.  Has size, speed, leaping ability - 10 TDs in SEC as a Soph this year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

1st - Margus Hunt SMU DE Great size/speed for pass rush help, athletic and could develop like JJ Watt

2nd - J Willams or Kawann Short - DT - help for Big Vince makes Kyle Love a rotational reserve

3rd - Connor Vernon - WR Duke - Can't remember his name but seen him play and he has size, hands, moves, and good - not great - speed

7th - Randall Mackey - Ole Miss - versitile has played QB, RB, and WR - quick with good hands and can run with it after the catch

Pats must resign Talib, SeaBass, and seek help at Safety in free agency. Hopefully Marcus Cannon continues to develop and can repace Connelly next year.

MB - for your next year prospects - don't sleep on Donte Moncrief - Ole Miss WR destined for greatness.  Has size, speed, leaping ability - 10 TDs in SEC as a Soph this year!

I kind of like this but I do have a couple of things.

1) Hunt is very behind where Watt was at the same point in their development. Watt was a polished pass rusher with multiple moves and a ton of strength. Hunt on the other hand doesn't have many rushing moves and for his size could stand to add additional strength. Many times he was pushed vertically early and lost all levergae. He needs to add a lot of core and upper body strength to prevent being stood up with such a long torso.

Though Hunt has potential to have Watt type of upside he is still a long ways away from that. It's one reason he's projected everywhere from the back of the 1st to the 4th range, simply because he is so raw teams question if he could completely develop. Not sure if I'd take Hunt that early instead of targeting a more polished DL at that point. If they move back to the mid 2nd to gather picks and Hunt was there then him or Short would be my pick

2) I don't see Short making it past the 40's. I highly doubt he make it to the Pats 2nd round pick but J Williams could be there and much like Hunt he is very raw. Tons of potential, which is why MB loves him, but he's another in a long line of late to come football players that tend to be boom or bust. This kid has the physical abilities to be a monster at the line but has really disappointed this year in getting behind the line. He's mainly plugged gaps and held his own this year but never took that step to the next level which many expected. It lead some, including myself, to wonder if he's reached his rushing ceiling and will turn out to be a run stopping demon but be lacking in the pass rush. Late 2nd is a great place for him.

3) I remember Vernon, solid overall player but nothing special. He reminds me a lot of Ebert truthfully. He'd be a late day two early day 3 type of kid but since we don't have picks in those ranges if you want him then the 3rd is where you'd have to take him. IMO CB goes a lot deeper than WR this year so if I had to take someone in the 3rd I'd rather roll the dice on a CB but to each their own.

4) I like the 7th rounder. Versitility gives BB wet dreams at night. Are you thinking this kid could be like an Edelman, without the injures? Who else are you looking at in the 7th this year since we have two? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

1) Hunt is very behind where Watt was at the same point in their development. Watt was a polished pass rusher with multiple moves and a ton of strength. Hunt on the other hand doesn't have many rushing moves and for his size could stand to add additional strength. Many times he was pushed vertically early and lost all levergae. He needs to add a lot of core and upper body strength to prevent being stood up with such a long torso.

Though Hunt has potential to have Watt type of upside he is still a long ways away from that. It's one reason he's projected everywhere from the back of the 1st to the 4th range, simply because he is so raw teams question if he could completely develop. Not sure if I'd take Hunt that early instead of targeting a more polished DL at that point. If they move back to the mid 2nd to gather picks and Hunt was there then him or Short would be my pick

2) I don't see Short making it past the 40's. I highly doubt he make it to the Pats 2nd round pick but J Williams could be there and much like Hunt he is very raw. Tons of potential, which is why MB loves him, but he's another in a long line of late to come football players that tend to be boom or bust. This kid has the physical abilities to be a monster at the line but has really disappointed this year in getting behind the line. He's mainly plugged gaps and held his own this year but never took that step to the next level which many expected. It lead some, including myself, to wonder if he's reached his rushing ceiling and will turn out to be a run stopping demon but be lacking in the pass rush. Late 2nd is a great place for him.

3) I remember Vernon, solid overall player but nothing special. He reminds me a lot of Ebert truthfully. He'd be a late day two early day 3 type of kid but since we don't have picks in those ranges if you want him then the 3rd is where you'd have to take him. IMO CB goes a lot deeper than WR this year so if I had to take someone in the 3rd I'd rather roll the dice on a CB but to each their own.

4) I like the 7th rounder. Versitility gives BB wet dreams at night. Are you thinking this kid could be like an Edelman, without the injures? Who else are you looking at in the 7th this year since we have two? 

PE,

If you're mentioning Williams as disappointment in regards to making plays behind the LOS, then you have to be consistent and mention Jenkins... Williams had 1 sack and 2.5 TFL this season while Jenkins had 1 sack and 2.0 TFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They mentioned him quite a bit in Ole Miss' Bowl game, so I'll have to keep tabs on him next year, thanks SS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

PE,

If you're mentioning Williams as disappointment in regards to making plays behind the LOS, then you have to be consistent and mention Jenkins... Williams had 1 sack and 2.5 TFL this season while Jenkins had 1 sack and 2.0 TFL.

Williams is a much better prospect when Jenkins is. Jenkins disappears far too many time during games and the season. Williams would be a great fit for the Pats at their pick and would be a typical BB selection. He could be a young player that could be groomed for when Wilfork leaves. That said, Williams is going Top 20, at worst Top 25. Jenkins won't be the pick at 29, I can almost gurantee it.

Also. For those mocking Margus Hunt to the Pats, please don't. Previously, I bought into his "upside" and great "size/length", but he is raw raw raw, and is an awful football player at the moment that has no clue how to play with leverage or what he is doing. He made Ziggy Ansah look polished at the Senior Bowl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Also, RE: Shariff Floyd. I'd really love him as a potential Patriot at 29, but I really doubt he gets to our pick. He is a Top 20 talent and now there is even some Top 10-15 buzz for him, which kind of sucks cause he was a player I really liked this fall and saw as a potential fit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to sportslover21's comment:

Also, RE: Shariff Floyd. I'd really love him as a potential Patriot at 29, but I really doubt he gets to our pick. He is a Top 20 talent and now there is even some Top 10-15 buzz for him, which kind of sucks cause he was a player I really liked this fall and saw as a potential fit.

Shariff Floyd's stock is seriously on the rise.  He's gone from the 30-40 range to the 10-20 range overnight.  The only way the Pats can get him at 29 is if he bombs the combine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

PE,

Williams is a much better prospect when Jenkins is. Jenkins disappears far too many time during games and the season. Williams would be a great fit for the Pats at their pick and would be a typical BB selection. He could be a young player that could be groomed for when Wilfork leaves. That said, Williams is going Top 20, at worst Top 25. Jenkins won't be the pick at 29, I can almost gurantee it.

Also. For those mocking Margus Hunt to the Pats, please don't. Previously, I bought into his "upside" and great "size/length", but he is raw raw raw, and is an awful football player at the moment that has no clue how to play with leverage or what he is doing. He made Ziggy Ansah look polished at the Senior Bowl.

we have players who play with leverage and perfect technique.  they do this due to our coaching staff.  Just because a player currently lacks these skills doesn't mean he can't learn them.  Especially when he shows flashes of being an amazing player.  One must keep in mind Hunt went to SMU a lower level school with not nearly the coaching staff which we have.  With the proper coaching he could be amazing.  Look at Chandler jones, he was considered very raw, but with a few months of good coaching he has become a great pass rusher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

PE,

we have players who play with leverage and perfect technique.  they do this due to our coaching staff.  Just because a player currently lacks these skills doesn't mean he can't learn them.  Especially when he shows flashes of being an amazing player.  One must keep in mind Hunt went to SMU a lower level school with not nearly the coaching staff which we have.  With the proper coaching he could be amazing.  Look at Chandler jones, he was considered very raw, but with a few months of good coaching he has become a great pass rusher.

Nate,

Jones was way ahead of where Hunt is now. The only time I saw Hunt was at their bowl game (vs Fresno St) and at the Senior Bowl. Statistically, he did well vs Fresno St. However, two things I saw on that game.

1) Shy at engaging the run (I don't know how else to describe it). Sometimes he seemed afraid of going into the scrum and is a second slow at getting in there. Will not be the first to engage but once runner is engaged, he will help bring runner down. 

2) Cannot drop back. I guess it does not matter if he's used as a pure edge rusher. That just does not seem BB-like.

3) Raw on rushing technique. That could be a plus, if you think he's getting results without the technique. Deifnitely, what worked against Fresno, definitely doe snot worked against the better OTs. 

All in all, it's hard to see that picking him up where he is being mocked makes any sense. I would not touch him before 3rd round.

But who knows, BB picks have been as unpredictable before.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to Faucetman's comment:

I know Wendell had a nice year but did you guys get to see Brian Schwenke practice this week?  He anchored well against the big stud DTs.  Like Wendell I saw him in at OG during the game too.  Mankins is starting to get hurt now and Connolly usually misses a few games a year.  If we can gain a 4th, he would be a nice pick.

Solid interior OL prospect... I like Kent State OG Brian Winters too.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for him.  Chances are, BB will NOT go OL with any of our top 3 picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

After the senior bowl, and predicting after the combine...there will be a few good dt's hanging around at 29, not to mention some good cb's, wr's and safeties. Prediction....bb trades out of round 1 all together and picks up a 2nd and 4th round pick. Just saying ...a see a bunch of the kids we are talking about here everyday hanging around at picks 33-45. 

For the record...please no to Margus hunt, and I am not the biggest shariff fan either. I could see bb not taking a DT nor de in this draft Until late rounds. I think he goes cb and WR round 2...with the trade mentioned above.

round 2a bb takes Poyer, 2b bb takes Swope. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Has anyone looked into Robert Alford (CB)? Against other teams in their conf, he looked good. I have yet to watch the Senior Bowl, but I thought I read somehwere that he was there and he did fine. Might be an option in third or even fourth round if they trade down and get a fourth rounder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After the senior bowl, and predicting after the combine...there will be a few good dt's hanging around at 29, not to mention some good cb's, wr's and safeties. Prediction....bb trades out of round 1 all together and picks up a 2nd and 4th round pick. Just saying ...a see a bunch of the kids we are talking about here everyday hanging around at picks 33-45. 

For the record...please no to Margus hunt, and I am not the biggest shariff fan either. I could see bb not taking a DT nor de in this draft Until late rounds. I think he goes cb and WR round 2...with the trade mentioned above.

round 2a bb takes Poyer, 2b bb takes Swope. 

[/QUOTE

I think BB would love to trade back into the early-mid 2nd round this year.  You're right, there should be some very good players in positions of NE's need available around that area (DT, S, CB, WR).  The only question will be whether or not anyone wants to move up into our first round slot.  Sometimes no one wants to deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Has anyone looked into Robert Alford (CB)? Against other teams in their conf, he looked good. I have yet to watch the Senior Bowl, but I thought I read somehwere that he was there and he did fine. Might be an option in third or even fourth round if they trade down and get a fourth rounder.

Yes..he is a riser after the senior bowl. Had a great week. Didn't watch him at all during the year due to where he plays, but several think very highly of him. He has decent, not great size, but he is ultra fast and aggressive playing the ball. Given the depth this year in the draft at cb, I would think he is a round 3-4 type of kid. Mb would probably know best in terms of a grade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

With Hunt he is very raw which is why I wouldn't take him until the back of the 2nd, same with J Williams. But, both players talent are undeniable when they have flashed. I wouldn't touch either with a 1st round pick but I'd gladly take either past the 50. I think both have the potential to be special I just wouldn't risk a 1st on potential alone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

With Hunt he is very raw which is why I wouldn't take him until the back of the 2nd, same with J Williams. But, both players talent are undeniable when they have flashed. I wouldn't touch either with a 1st round pick but I'd gladly take either past the 50. I think both have the potential to be special I just wouldn't risk a 1st on potential alone.

Agree on Hunt, but if we drafted J. Williams at 29, I'd be okay with that.  I think Williams is closer to "NFL-ready" than Hunt, and as a DT his physicality would at least let him come in and contribute early on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Any takers........

Former University of Miami defensive back Ray-Ray Armstrong will participate in game action for the first time in over a year on Saturday.

Armstrong will get a chance to play in the Texas vs. The Nation Game on Saturday, and CBS Sports pegged him as a player to keep an eye on, despite the fact that he hasn't played in game action since Nov. 2011.

After playing three years at the University of Miami, Armstrong was dismissed from the team due to illegal contact with boosters. He then enrolled at Faulkner College of the NAIA, but was ruled ineligible to play.

Armstrong now has a lot to prove if he hopes to get drafted in the later rounds of April's draft. He was previously thought of as a first-round prospect before a tumultuous senior season. His talent will be enough to catch the eye of NFL scouts, but he will have to face some tough questions about his shortcomings off the field.

In his final two seasons at Miami, Armstrong totaled over 60 tackles, four interceptions and nine passes defended. He also returned an interception for a touchdown, showing off his big-play ability.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/1/28/3926788/texas-vs-the-nation-2013-ray-ray-armstrong

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Yes..he is a riser after the senior bowl. Had a great week. Didn't watch him at all during the year due to where he plays, but several think very highly of him. He has decent, not great size, but he is ultra fast and aggressive playing the ball. Given the depth this year in the draft at cb, I would think he is a round 3-4 type of kid. Mb would probably know best in terms of a grade.

Alford is a kid that Ricky brought up a ways back... intriguing kid, small school, not a big but has that fluidity/COD that BB likes in his CB's... likely to come off the board between Rd's 2-4, IMO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Any takers........

Former University of Miami defensive back Ray-Ray Armstrong will participate in game action for the first time in over a year on Saturday.

Armstrong will get a chance to play in the Texas vs. The Nation Game on Saturday, and CBS Sports pegged him as a player to keep an eye on, despite the fact that he hasn't played in game action since Nov. 2011.

After playing three years at the University of Miami, Armstrong was dismissed from the team due to illegal contact with boosters. He then enrolled at Faulkner College of the NAIA, but was ruled ineligible to play.

Armstrong now has a lot to prove if he hopes to get drafted in the later rounds of April's draft. He was previously thought of as a first-round prospect before a tumultuous senior season. His talent will be enough to catch the eye of NFL scouts, but he will have to face some tough questions about his shortcomings off the field.

In his final two seasons at Miami, Armstrong totaled over 60 tackles, four interceptions and nine passes defended. He also returned an interception for a touchdown, showing off his big-play ability.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/1/28/3926788/texas-vs-the-nation-2013-ray-ray-armstrong

I'd love to see Ray-Ray be this year's Dennard...a 7th round steal due to character concerns.  I really don't know if he's any good or not, but I'd love to see the Pats take a late-round flier on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Here is my wild and crazy mock draft. It's completely non-realistic and realistic at the same time because of the teams involved.

Trades:

#29, #91, Ryan Mallet traded to Clev for #6 and their 4th with a conditional 5th-7th pick in 2014 (prior to draft)

#6, #61 to TB for #13, #43, 6th TB targets DeMarcus Milliner and need to jump ahead of Tenn and maybe the Jets if they trade Revis to get him

Pats trade 2013 4th and Clev 4th to move back into middle of 3rd

Draft:

#13 - Sheldon Richardson DT/DE - One of the best interior rushers in the draft who's very explosive with rare athletic ability. Above average against the run but really excells at being disruptive behind the line and often seen chasing RB's down from behind. Non-stop motor full effort guy with highly developed pass rushing moves

#43 - Da'Rick Rodgers WR - A first round talent WR that will drop because of a drug related incident. BB doesn't shy away from the drug related incidents if the value is right and he doesn't have other issues following him. A mid 2nd for a top 20 talent with the size and fight the receiver core has been missing might be too much to pass up.

mid 3rd - Micah Hyde CB - Hyde is the reason the Pats move back into the 3rd. Hyde is a bigger physical CB that is comfortable in zone or in man which makes him an ideal slot CB. With the trend towards bigger physical CB's the Pats have been making Hyde only makes sense as he has the size to cover the larger slot receivers and hybrid TE's in the league but good enough speed to also cover to quicker CB's as well. Of course if McFadden or Poyer somehow made it to the 3rd they would be the choices but I see a run on CB's and the Pats moving up to try to scope up a guy that fits the new aggressive style of play

6th - Alex Carder QB - A lot of people are going to say who? but this kid is an interesting developmental QB from a smaller school. As the years progressed you could see his decision making drastically improving and his arm strength increasing. In 2010 he had a 63% completion %, 11' jumped to 65%, in 12' it jumped again to 68%. It wasn't just his completion % that increased, all his numbers steadily increased. To make matters better in big games, including a bowl game against Purdue, is where he really shinned. He's also going to drop because of an injury to his throwing hand but I think this kid with the right development could be worth a long look.

7th - Tyrann Mathieu CB - This one might be a pipe dream but no one expected Dennard to drop as far as he did either. Given Mathieu's size and off field issues (an arrest in October after a stint in rehab) and not playing all of last year it wouldn't shock me if he fell all the way to the 7th. If he does the Pats have to pinch themselves that 2 extremely talented CB's fell that far in back to back years and grab him up hoping his issues are behind him, otherwise he gets bounched quickly.

7th - Denard Robinson QB/WR/RB - Not sure who mentioned him first here but I like the kids style. He could be a less injury prone Edelman. When watching the kid in space and traffic he is electric with the ball and can make tacklers miss. Very quick CoD ability and smooth hips. As a late round conversion he'd make for an interesting choice

Yeah this is a crazy mock draft and most likely wouldn't happen but it would be interesting to say the least

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Any takers........

Never really thought much of him at Mia truthfully. He was a mid round pick in my eyes to begin with. He had tight hips, never stayed on his assignments, had horrible insticts being looked off on every slant, and he likes to gamble a lot to increase his Madden stats. He's a huge body player that's a heavy hitter but I don't think he'd be anything more then a nickel S meant to cover TE's at the next level. I'd say we desperately need a hard hitting SS but since he gambles, takes bad angles, and can be looked off with ease I wouldn't even want him back in that position. If he went UDFA I'd take a look but I wouldn't even waste a 7th on the kid. Maybe going undrafted will knock it through his skull he's not all that and has to listen to coaches, but I doubt it. Sad really, what a waste of such physical tools

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Here is my wild and crazy mock draft. It's completely non-realistic and realistic at the same time because of the teams involved.

Trades:

#29, #91, Ryan Mallet traded to Clev for #6 and their 4th with a conditional 5th-7th pick in 2014 (prior to draft)

#6, #61 to TB for #13, #43, 6th TB targets DeMarcus Milliner and need to jump ahead of Tenn and maybe the Jets if they trade Revis to get him

Pats trade 2013 4th and Clev 4th to move back into middle of 3rd

Draft:

#13 - Sheldon Richardson DT/DE - One of the best interior rushers in the draft who's very explosive with rare athletic ability. Above average against the run but really excells at being disruptive behind the line and often seen chasing RB's down from behind. Non-stop motor full effort guy with highly developed pass rushing moves

#43 - Da'Rick Rodgers WR - A first round talent WR that will drop because of a drug related incident. BB doesn't shy away from the drug related incidents if the value is right and he doesn't have other issues following him. A mid 2nd for a top 20 talent with the size and fight the receiver core has been missing might be too much to pass up.

mid 3rd - Micah Hyde CB - Hyde is the reason the Pats move back into the 3rd. Hyde is a bigger physical CB that is comfortable in zone or in man which makes him an ideal slot CB. With the trend towards bigger physical CB's the Pats have been making Hyde only makes sense as he has the size to cover the larger slot receivers and hybrid TE's in the league but good enough speed to also cover to quicker CB's as well. Of course if McFadden or Poyer somehow made it to the 3rd they would be the choices but I see a run on CB's and the Pats moving up to try to scope up a guy that fits the new aggressive style of play

6th - Alex Carder QB - A lot of people are going to say who? but this kid is an interesting developmental QB from a smaller school. As the years progressed you could see his decision making drastically improving and his arm strength increasing. In 2010 he had a 63% completion %, 11' jumped to 65%, in 12' it jumped again to 68%. It wasn't just his completion % that increased, all his numbers steadily increased. To make matters better in big games, including a bowl game against Purdue, is where he really shinned. He's also going to drop because of an injury to his throwing hand but I think this kid with the right development could be worth a long look.

7th - Tyrann Mathieu CB - This one might be a pipe dream but no one expected Dennard to drop as far as he did either. Given Mathieu's size and off field issues (an arrest in October after a stint in rehab) and not playing all of last year it wouldn't shock me if he fell all the way to the 7th. If he does the Pats have to pinch themselves that 2 extremely talented CB's fell that far in back to back years and grab him up hoping his issues are behind him, otherwise he gets bounched quickly.

7th - Denard Robinson QB/WR/RB - Not sure who mentioned him first here but I like the kids style. He could be a less injury prone Edelman. When watching the kid in space and traffic he is electric with the ball and can make tacklers miss. Very quick CoD ability and smooth hips. As a late round conversion he'd make for an interesting choice

Yeah this is a crazy mock draft and most likely wouldn't happen but it would be interesting to say the least

Anything is possible especially when 2 friends get together and talk...

pick would really like Richardson at 13. He is a kid I have been high on for quite some time and fills an obvious need. However, if we are sitting at 6, and can package to move up again to get star, do you do it? If we shipped some picks next year plus 6, it may take us up to 3. Personally I'd star is in striking range I am grabbing him. 

I might even give up our first next year to do it. If we think we are contending next year, and are at 29 or greater again, it's a no brainier for me. monster with he and Vince and he takes over for Vince. I don't see any guys with his talent and size in this draft I could say that about...a pipe dream of my own, but worth considering if your dream materializes. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is my updated and expanded board (now Big 35).

New Names are highlighted in Red:

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

S- Matt Elam

OG- Jonathan Cooper

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

DT- Sylvester Williams

DL- Sharrif Floyd

Rd 1-2

CB- Logan Ryan

CB- Xavier Rhodes

CB- Desmond Trufant

OL- Barrett Jones

WR- Robert Woods

DT- John Jenkins

Rd 2

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

WR- Quinton Patton

CB- Jordan Poyer

C/OG- Travis Frederick

Rd 2-3

S- Jon Cyprien

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

CB- Jamar Taylor

WR- Markus Wheaton

LB- Kiko Alonso

Rd 3

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

S- Bacarri Rambo

S- Shawn Williams

OG- Brian Winters

CB- Darius Slay

WR- Ryan Swope

Rd 4-7

S- Josh Evans

WR- Conner Vernon

S- Zeke Motta

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

DL- Quinton Dial

DT- Josh Boyd

TE- Travis Kelce

RB- Spencer Ware

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Anything is possible especially when 2 friends get together and talk...

pick would really like Richardson at 13. He is a kid I have been high on for quite some time and fills an obvious need. However, if we are sitting at 6, and can package to move up again to get star, do you do it? If we shipped some picks next year plus 6, it may take us up to 3. Personally I'd star is in striking range I am grabbing him. 

I might even give up our first next year to do it. If we think we are contending next year, and are at 29 or greater again, it's a no brainier for me. monster with he and Vince and he takes over for Vince. I don't see any guys with his talent and size in this draft I could say that about...a pipe dream of my own, but worth considering if your dream materializes. 

I'd love to try to get Star but I just don't see either Jax or Oak not wanting to take Star. Both have DL issues and anchor DT's getting ready to leave via FA. A chance to get a 10yr top 5 DT in this league is rare and I don't see either team who are rebuilding turning down a chance to get a Luck type of player on the other side of the ball

He's like Suh without the issues

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Great stuff guys! I've been trying to catch up but you're all going too fast for me haha I still haven't got around to watching the senior bowl that I dvr'd. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the kids that have been mentioned here in the game