1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to patriot-fan-74's comment:

@HC,

It's a good question... I'll start by saying, for all the talk last year about Barron and how he was overrated due to the lack of overall depth in the 2012 S draft class, I'd still take him over any safety in this class as well.

I look forward to watching more 2012 tape on Reid, as the more I watch of his 2011 tape, the more he looks like more of an athlete with hitting ability than a pure football player... the natural talent and movement ability is undeniable, but I'm seeing too many missed tackles and bad angles. 

When I watch Elam on tape, I'd compare him (from a size/speed/physicality/aggression standpoint) favorably to Patrick Chung, though I think he's a much better cover guy.  He's used a lot as a nickel/slot cover guy (an area where Chung struggles), moves well in the short area... has solid awareness and will make a play on the football.  He's also a very good run defender, very physical... and while he can miss some tackles, he's often breaks down and is in good position to make a play.  His value to the Gators is clear as he's moved around quite a bit, blitzes often off the edge (not that NE would do any of that), plays with good technique and looks assignment sound and always seems to be around the football... he looks to be more of a finished product than Reid.

Given my choice on 10/15/12, I'd take Elam over Reid.

I do look forward to watching more S tape on this class though, which includes McDonald, Lester, Jefferson and Vaccaro, etc.

I was wondering what you thought about another Alabama safety..Robert Lester?

Day 2 kids, should be top 75, with some Rd 2 upside.

MB, what is your opinion of CB D. Milliner of Alabama? As you can see I am a huge Bama fan. Do you think he could slide down to us in the first round?

Milliner is a favorite of mine and one of the best defensive players in this class; looks like the top CB on the board at this point... I'd expect him to be taken in the top 10-15... would love to see BB get aggressive and move up to get this kid.  Great size/speed combo, physical, good awareness and ball skills... not a lot to not like about this kid.

all the months and years, my eyes are shocked mb wih this year you advoacting movign up. 

i like going out and gettign the player you know will make a diff.

if we dont get a pass rusher in fa, my money would be on pass rusher if we moved up. i think that would make the biggest difference on the team. followe dby big corner and big wr.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

People here are talking about getting 'studs' and not just serviceable players in the draft. I know with the rookie scale high picks are no longer the liability they used to be and that kills some of BB's strategy of always trading back, but ...

With a pick late in the first round vs. say a mid second and mid third what do you guys think are the odds of a 'stud' in that scenario.

Just seems to me that picks of say #1-20 (minus QBs) are maybe 80% stud probability. Picks 25 - 32 that probably drops to closer to 50%. picks 40 - 60 maybe 35% 70-80 maybe 30%.

My percentages are all relative so if I have overstated across the board it would still lead to the same conclusion. A 'stud' hit rate would still be better with the 2 later picks than with the single first rounder.

So on draft day, if I am BB, if one of my top 20 picks drops to 29 I take him. If not, I try to get the mid second and mid third rounder for my #29.

I think it's easy for people to say, "draft studs" and while history has proven that you can find very good talent in every round (i.e. TB or Dick Sherman or Marques Colston, etc.), the later you are in the draft, the less likely you are to find impact talent (as we all know).  We can credit the personnel types that drafted these late round gems all we want, but in all reality, if they KNEWthe player was that good, they wouldn't have waited so long to take them.

I think most fans would/should be pretty stoked if BB were able to pull (2) good/very good starters out of this draft class.

if they KNEWthe player was that good, they wouldn't have waited so long to take them

exactly.

bb does better picking studs with higher picks adn guys who fall and scare other teams (injuries, drugs, etc)

get teh guy you are more sure on.

the quantity regimen of the last several years has missed so much its hurt the sb column.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

The more I hear Felger and Mazz discuss it, the more I buy into the belief that Welker has caught his last pass in a Patriots' uniform... tag will be used on Talib.

I believe that the succession plan is in place and in house with Hernandez turning into your primary slot guy, Edelman being re-signed to provide depth and Gronk/Ballard as your primary TE's.

I do think that they'll need to pickup another TE (with receiving ability) and believe, under this scenario, that they could target one of the many late Day 2/ Day 3 kids available in this years draft class (list below):

TE- Travis Kelce- Cincy

TE- Nick Kasa- Colorado

TE- Levine Toilolo- Stanford

TE- Dion Sims- Michigan State

TE- Vance McDonald- Rice

TE- Michael Williams- Alabama

TE- Joseph Fauria- UCLA

I also think another WR is in play, whether it be in FA or in the Draft, giving you the following:

WR:  Lloyd, Hernandez, Edelman, FA/Drafted player (Boldin (if he's released), Jennings (prob too expensive), Amendola, Bowe (see: Jennings, Greg), Hartline, Donnie Avery, Brandon Gibson, Johnny Knox, Devery Henderson, etc. /  Hopkins, Patton, Woods, Sanders, Bailey, Swope, Wheaton, Vernon, Harper, Moe etc.).

TE:  Gronk/Ballard/FA/Drafted player/maybe Hooman

dont know if youve seen many o fmy posts on on the board the subject over the last year mb

has been my contention from start talib was teh most imp fa to tag. and postseason cemented that while it would be nice to keep welker in best case scenario (plenyty of $ to spare) , teh way to teh super bowl is with a big outside wr who can separate to complement the rest of teh weapons and make it impossible to shut the off down pass and run (somethiging welker cannot do. good defenses can clamp down on the short and middle,; and lloyd aint the guy to loosen that up).

i can see releasing lloyd if drafted outside wr works out and or we pick up a fa wr. 

hooman can do as 4th te, unless we pick up a fa te cheap or 7th rder or udfa that has better all around ability

Everyone knows that Talib is their most important defensive target, it's not a mystery... the question is how to keep him while minimizing risk... franchising him seems like the most likely option to accomplish both.

i agree unless can be gotten for a lower number (i suggested 6-24 earleir in season-and doing it early, with a behavior clause, all that matter is the guaranteed money (players can be cut so total amount doesnt mean that much).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

3 takeaways from National Signing Day:

1.  ND has set themselves up for the long term, with an excellent class (Top 3 in most publications) loaded with OL, RB, LB and DB talent.

2.  I think parents should let a kid decide where he wants to go, vs. trying to force a kid's future (Alex Collins' mother is an example... check this story out:  http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/06/3220454/mother-of-former-miami-hurricanes.html

3.  The clock has started for Ole Miss to be brought up on major NCAA recruiting violations.  I'm sorry, but when you're a relative bottom feeder SEC team and all of a sudden pull in a Top 5 class (including Top WR Laquon Treadwell posting the following pic:  http://www.tnsportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/808419_original.jpg) the red flags are obvious.  If I'm wrong, I'll apologize.

re # 3, this is a quick reaction and inmaking that kind of claim, i feel it would have been better to look deeper first (even if thats in back of mind). ie investigate that in all the cases of the top players, there were tie ins that made ole miss sigining a possibility. ie #1 signee brother of player on the team. you can beign to see this by simply reading the espn articles on the ole miss signings. 

It's not a quick reaction, it's thinking realistically... they haven't been good and can't recruit on reputation, because they haven't been good... so Hugh Freeze (who's going into his 2nd season after moving over from Arkansas St) is either the best recruiter in the nation or there's something else going on... I lean towards the latter.  I get it that Nkemdiche's broski plays for Ole Miss, unfortunately that rationale/reasoning doesn't apply to the rest of the class. 

I follow recruiting very closely, year round and don't need ESPN's articles to tell me what I can see with my own eyes. 

i realize you can think, it seems to me you are reacting. you can add information to "seeing with your eyes" (i am not guranteeing either its legit reasons or its not legit). 

Nkemdiche's bro is not the only player who had reason to sign there. the top 3 or 4, i may forget the #, all had tie ins to ole miss. information is not an enemy. not being open to info, reveals a bias or prejudice. 

i too get the question, why do they want to sign there? but im willing to look at the details and info.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

finally walter has a better pats draft, jenkins, woods, poyer (not the best but better)

and

gill brandt's mock out has jenkins a better dt than hankins, jenkins going to pats 2 picks before hankins

nfls future has k allen making it al way to pats

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Draft Ace has us taking Desmond Trufant.  His stock has soared as he had a very good Senior Bowl.  He has good size, (6'0) can jam at the line; good cover skills, but not elite now. His teo brothers play also in the NFL.  Could be an option depending on Talib A.  I would also like to see how he does at the Combine.  I have also seen other mocks with him sort of like what they were doing with Tavon Austion thinking WW will not sign.

29. New England Patriots -Desmond Trufant – CB – Washington – Scouting Report
    The Patriots have moved Devin McCourty to free safety which opened up a hole at corner. Aqib Talib did an adequate job filling in this year, but he’s an unrestricted free agent and may not return. Trufant is coming off a brilliant Senior Bowl performance which solidified this place in the first round.

60. Patriots - Cornellius Carradine – DE – Florida State 
    Interesting pick, he was beast before injury and has the measurables for a BB DE/OLB.  Will he be healthy?  Need to see what BB does in FA before I commit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

@HC,

It's a good question... I'll start by saying, for all the talk last year about Barron and how he was overrated due to the lack of overall depth in the 2012 S draft class, I'd still take him over any safety in this class as well.

I look forward to watching more 2012 tape on Reid, as the more I watch of his 2011 tape, the more he looks like more of an athlete with hitting ability than a pure football player... the natural talent and movement ability is undeniable, but I'm seeing too many missed tackles and bad angles. 

When I watch Elam on tape, I'd compare him (from a size/speed/physicality/aggression standpoint) favorably to Patrick Chung, though I think he's a much better cover guy.  He's used a lot as a nickel/slot cover guy (an area where Chung struggles), moves well in the short area... has solid awareness and will make a play on the football.  He's also a very good run defender, very physical... and while he can miss some tackles, he's often breaks down and is in good position to make a play.  His value to the Gators is clear as he's moved around quite a bit, blitzes often off the edge (not that NE would do any of that), plays with good technique and looks assignment sound and always seems to be around the football... he looks to be more of a finished product than Reid.

Given my choice on 10/15/12, I'd take Elam over Reid.

I do look forward to watching more S tape on this class though, which includes McDonald, Lester, Jefferson and Vaccaro, etc.

I was wondering what you thought about another Alabama safety..Robert Lester?

Day 2 kids, should be top 75, with some Rd 2 upside.

MB, what is your opinion of CB D. Milliner of Alabama? As you can see I am a huge Bama fan. Do you think he could slide down to us in the first round?

Milliner is a favorite of mine and one of the best defensive players in this class; looks like the top CB on the board at this point... I'd expect him to be taken in the top 10-15... would love to see BB get aggressive and move up to get this kid.  Great size/speed combo, physical, good awareness and ball skills... not a lot to not like about this kid.

all the months and years, my eyes are shocked mb wih this year you advoacting movign up. 

i like going out and gettign the player you know will make a diff.

if we dont get a pass rusher in fa, my money would be on pass rusher if we moved up. i think that would make the biggest difference on the team. followe dby big corner and big wr.

I've talked plenty in the past about moving up for talent in Rd 1, though I generally come to the realization that it's more want than reality.  Certainly BB changed things up last year, benefiting from the rookie salary scale... but he doesn't have the ammo to be so aggressive this year and I don't see him leveraging next year's early picks to do so.

I'll be more than happy if I'm wrong!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

3 takeaways from National Signing Day:

1.  ND has set themselves up for the long term, with an excellent class (Top 3 in most publications) loaded with OL, RB, LB and DB talent.

2.  I think parents should let a kid decide where he wants to go, vs. trying to force a kid's future (Alex Collins' mother is an example... check this story out:  http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/06/3220454/mother-of-former-miami-hurricanes.html

3.  The clock has started for Ole Miss to be brought up on major NCAA recruiting violations.  I'm sorry, but when you're a relative bottom feeder SEC team and all of a sudden pull in a Top 5 class (including Top WR Laquon Treadwell posting the following pic:  http://www.tnsportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/808419_original.jpg) the red flags are obvious.  If I'm wrong, I'll apologize.

re # 3, this is a quick reaction and inmaking that kind of claim, i feel it would have been better to look deeper first (even if thats in back of mind). ie investigate that in all the cases of the top players, there were tie ins that made ole miss sigining a possibility. ie #1 signee brother of player on the team. you can beign to see this by simply reading the espn articles on the ole miss signings. 

It's not a quick reaction, it's thinking realistically... they haven't been good and can't recruit on reputation, because they haven't been good... so Hugh Freeze (who's going into his 2nd season after moving over from Arkansas St) is either the best recruiter in the nation or there's something else going on... I lean towards the latter.  I get it that Nkemdiche's broski plays for Ole Miss, unfortunately that rationale/reasoning doesn't apply to the rest of the class. 

I follow recruiting very closely, year round and don't need ESPN's articles to tell me what I can see with my own eyes. 

i realize you can think, it seems to me you are reacting. you can add information to "seeing with your eyes" (i am not guranteeing either its legit reasons or its not legit). 

Nkemdiche's bro is not the only player who had reason to sign there. the top 3 or 4, i may forget the #, all had tie ins to ole miss. information is not an enemy. not being open to info, reveals a bias or prejudice. 

i too get the question, why do they want to sign there? but im willing to look at the details and info.

You have a well documented SEC bias, what's my bias on the topic?

What are these tie ins that you keep referring to?  What info am I ignoring?

Laremy Tunsil was the #1 OT (according to ESPN) nationally and they were able to pull him out of Florida?  What's his tie in?

Laquon Treadwell was the #1 WR nationally and played his HS ball in IL, what's the tie in there?  He's also the kid that posted a pic on the web of him with a wad of $100 bills, but that prob means nothing.

Austin Golson was the #3 OT nationally and they were able to pull him out of Alabama?  What's his tie in?

Antonio Conner was the #2 S nationally, he's a MS kid with elite offers and Ole Miss has no history of being able to pull in elite kids, what's his tie in?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Keeping with the late round themes here are some Safeties that might get a look in the 7th or FA.  They all had decent production and special teams ability.  The back end of the roster is always in flux and looking fro improvement.

1. Javon Harris, S, Oklahoma
      Height: 5-11. Weight: 206.
      Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
      Projected Round (2013): 7-FA.

1/31/13: Harris totaled 86 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, five passes broken up and six interceptions in 2012. One pick was returned 46 yards for a touchdown against Texas Tech. He is a sleeper prospect who could rise up the rankings.

9/2/12: Harris started last season with a big game against Florida State, but he gave up some plays in conference play during 2011. The first-year starter had 47 tackles with three interceptions and two forced fumbles. Harris needs to make strides as a senior.

12/09/12 - 2012 ALL-BIG 12 HONORABLE MENTION (MEDIA): Defensive back: Javon Harris, Oklahoma, has been selected Honorable Mention All-Big 12 Conference (Media selection) for the 2012 college football season. - Oklahoma football

Vaughn Telemaque, FS, Miami
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 211.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.59.

1/31/13: Telemaque had 20 tackles and a forced fumble in 2012. He did not play well against Kansas State in Week 2.

9/2/12: Ray Ray Armstrong received more publicity, but Telemaque is a pro prospect in his own right. He has a nice combination of size and speed. Telemaque totaled 58 tackles with seven passes broken up and three interceptions in 2010. He also forced a fumble and recovered three fumbles.

Telemaque didn't play as well last season, nor did the junior stand out while Armstrong was suspended for five games. Telemaque had 59 tackles with one interception in 2011.

12/12/12 - 2012 COACHES ALL-ACC FOOTBALL HONORABLE MENTION: S-Vaughn Telemaque, Sr.-R, Miami (4), has been selected Honorable Mention All-Atlantic Coast Conference (Coaches selection) for the 2012 college football season. This year, for the first time under the auspices of the ACC, the league's 12 head football coaches voted for an All-ACC football team. - Miami football

1. Ohrian Johnson, S, Ohio State
      Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
      Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
      Projected Round (2013): FA.

1/31/13: Johnson collected 39 tackles, two interceptions, seven passes broken up and one blocked kick in 2012.

9/2/12: Johnson had 32 tackles with three interceptions last season. He had 50 tackles with an interception and two forced fumbles in 2010. Johnson has to force his way onto the field and produce in order to get drafted.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013S.php

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/

Interested to see how the Urban/Vrabel tie in comes into play moving forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Draft Ace has us taking Desmond Trufant.  His stock has soared as he had a very good Senior Bowl.  He has good size, (6'0) can jam at the line; good cover skills, but not elite now. His teo brothers play also in the NFL.  Could be an option depending on Talib A.  I would also like to see how he does at the Combine.  I have also seen other mocks with him sort of like what they were doing with Tavon Austion thinking WW will not sign.

The Patriots have moved Devin McCourty to free safety which opened up a hole at corner. Aqib Talib did an adequate job filling in this year, but he’s an unrestricted free agent and may not return. Trufant is coming off a brilliant Senior Bowl performance which solidified this place in the first round.

Interesting pick, he was beast before injury and has the measurables for a BB DE/OLB.  Will he be healthy?  Need to see what BB does in FA before I commit.

Wouldn't get any complaints from me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Keeping with the late round themes here are some Safeties that might get a look in the 7th or FA.  They all had decent production and special teams ability.  The back end of the roster is always in flux and looking fro improvement.

1. Javon Harris, S, Oklahoma
      Height: 5-11. Weight: 206.
      Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

1/31/13: Harris totaled 86 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, five passes broken up and six interceptions in 2012. One pick was returned 46 yards for a touchdown against Texas Tech. He is a sleeper prospect who could rise up the rankings.

9/2/12: Harris started last season with a big game against Florida State, but he gave up some plays in conference play during 2011. The first-year starter had 47 tackles with three interceptions and two forced fumbles. Harris needs to make strides as a senior.

12/09/12 - 2012 ALL-BIG 12 HONORABLE MENTION (MEDIA): Defensive back: Javon Harris, Oklahoma, has been selected Honorable Mention All-Big 12 Conference (Media selection) for the 2012 college football season. - Oklahoma football

Vaughn Telemaque, FS, Miami
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 211.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.59.

1/31/13: Telemaque had 20 tackles and a forced fumble in 2012. He did not play well against Kansas State in Week 2.

9/2/12: Ray Ray Armstrong received more publicity, but Telemaque is a pro prospect in his own right. He has a nice combination of size and speed. Telemaque totaled 58 tackles with seven passes broken up and three interceptions in 2010. He also forced a fumble and recovered three fumbles.

Telemaque didn't play as well last season, nor did the junior stand out while Armstrong was suspended for five games. Telemaque had 59 tackles with one interception in 2011.

12/12/12 - 2012 COACHES ALL-ACC FOOTBALL HONORABLE MENTION: S-Vaughn Telemaque, Sr.-R, Miami (4), has been selected Honorable Mention All-Atlantic Coast Conference (Coaches selection) for the 2012 college football season. This year, for the first time under the auspices of the ACC, the league's 12 head football coaches voted for an All-ACC football team. - Miami football

1. Ohrian Johnson, S, Ohio State
      Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
      Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
      Projected Round (2013): FA.

1/31/13: Johnson collected 39 tackles, two interceptions, seven passes broken up and one blocked kick in 2012.

9/2/12: Johnson had 32 tackles with three interceptions last season. He had 50 tackles with an interception and two forced fumbles in 2010. Johnson has to force his way onto the field and produce in order to get drafted.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013S.php

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/

Interested to see how the Urban/Vrabel tie in comes into play moving forward.

Good point, he did with Ebner, could see it again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think what happened last year with BB finding no trade partners in the second round and being 'squeezed' may make hime even warier of trading up and losing flexibilty this year or next. This year he has so little draft capital I wouldn't be surprised if he marketed a few players as bait - Spikes?, Mallet?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

MB, if WW walks, what to think of drafting Theo Riddick for Slot/Returner/RB?  I think he could provide value and competition at those positions.

Name: Theo Riddick 
    College: Notre Dame     Number: 6
    Height: 5-11   Weight: 200
    Position: RB  Pos2: WR/KR
    Class/Draft Year: Sr/2013
    40 Low: 4.42   40 Time: 4.52  40 High: 4.63
    Projected Round: 5-6  Stock:    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

MB, if WW walks, what to think of drafting Theo Riddick for Slot/Returner/RB?  I think he could provide value and competition at those positions.

Obviously I am not MB... Responding because I mentioned to MB very early on this thread that Riddick looks really good (knowing MB is a ND fan). At this point though, IMO, Riddick would represent a wasted pick for the Pats. I see him as largely redundant, in one way or another, with the RBs that NWE already has.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

I think what happened last year with BB finding no trade partners in the second round and being 'squeezed' may make hime even warier of trading up and losing flexibilty this year or next. This year he has so little draft capital I wouldn't be surprised if he marketed a few players as bait - Spikes?, Mallet?

I can see BB trading a player for more picks, but I doubt if it was to move up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I would expect TBB to take a CB. I am guessing Milliner, even though I have read they really like Banks. I also think NYG could take the second CB in the draft, assuming New Orleans does not (I think they have more pressing needs up front). 

Who would you take at #29 if the following are available?

CB: Banks, Poyer, Trufant

DT: Short, S Williams, Jenkins, Hankins

DE: Montgomery, D Jones, Hunt, Okafor

S: Elam, Rambo, Thomas, Cyprien (I believe he shoots up at the combine)

WR: Dobson, Wheaton, Hunter (Hopkins, Patterson,Allen, Austin, Williams are gone in this scenario)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Obviously I am not MB... Responding because I mentioned to MB very early on this thread that Riddick looks really good (knowing MB is a ND fan). At this point though, IMO, Riddick would represent a wasted pick for the Pats. I see him as largely redundant, in one way or another, with the RBs that NWE already has.

Thanks Seattle, sorry I missed your earlier post on this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I would expect TBB to take a CB. I am guessing Milliner, even though I have read they really like Banks. I also think NYG could take the second CB in the draft, assuming New Orleans does not (I think they have more pressing needs up front). 

Who would you take at #29 if the following are available?

CB: Banks, Poyer, Trufant

DT: Short, S Williams, Jenkins, Hankins

DE: Montgomery, D Jones, Hunt, Okafor

S: Elam, Rambo, Thomas, Cyprien (I believe he shoots up at the combine)

WR: Dobson, Wheaton, Hunter (Hopkins, Patterson,Allen, Austin, Williams are gone in this scenario)

1. I would go with Elam, he and McCourty would be solid.  Position with greatness need. He also brings an edge and aggressiveness.

2. High need area.  NE doesn't have great track record with WRs and DBs. I think a WR in the 2nd (not sure which yet). FA class not strong

3. Kwame Geathers or Brandon Williams 3rd.  Could go coverage LB in 3rd and DT later in 7th. Could trade back for more picks.

Really would like to see what the BB does in FA, but there are many combinations.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Riddick looks more like a natural RB to me.  He has the skill set to play in the slot, but I agree that he's a bit redundant to Vereen, etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

my rd 1 posibilites:

ansah, detone jonens, jordan, oakafor

rhodes

k allen, hopkins

floyd, syl williams

jenkins, hankins, maybe short

cooper, b jones

vaccaro

trade back to TOP rd 2 and steal a 3rd

in that order, except for the trade bck, that depends on how high the pick is, who is still available and where they are expected to go

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Belichick is playing with Brian Kelly in this weekend's Pebble Beach National Pro-Am... hopefully laying the foundation for the South Bend to Foxboro pipeline!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Belichick is playing with Brian Kelly in this weekend's Pebble Beach National Pro-Am... hopefully laying the foundation for the South Bend to Foxboro pipeline!

we can only hope :)

get abck to you on you query. gotta run.

peace

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Thanks Seattle, sorry I missed your earlier post on this.

No need for apologies, man. I don't think anyone is expecting that everyone reads every page of the thread. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

we can only hope :)

get abck to you on you query. gotta run.

peace

Def something I'd love to see... not a bad thing that he's plugged in with (3) of the best programs in the country (Bama, OSU, ND)!

Sounds good, lates man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wanted to add a new name to the CB list:

Uconn's Blidi Wreh-Wilson is the bigger name, but secondary mate Dwayne Gratz (5-11 200) looks like a decent prospect as well and a potential Day 3 option.

Haven't found any real tape on him, but like some of what I've read as he sounds like a BB type player... versatile, tough, willing vs the run, physical in press man, very good instincts and ball skills (3 INT's, 11 PBU this season, both tops on the team).

Look forward to watching some tape on him.

Sections
Shortcuts