***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

Chris Harper in with an unofficial 4.57 and 4.47.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Hopkins in with unofficial 4.50 / 4.50... I think he runs a 4.50.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Brandon Kaufman in with 4.53 and 4.59.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Those are good times for Kaufman.  For such a big reciever, anything under 4.6 is pretty respectable.  I bet he goes 4th-5th round range.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

lets see vertical jump now, keep my eyen in Austin this kid is a monster...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think I'm with you, MB.  Austin is wowing us at the combine, and I do really like him as a prospect, but given a choice between him and Hopkins I'd take Hopkins.  Either guy would be okay with me at #29 though...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I think I'm with you, MB.  Austin is wowing us at the combine, and I do really like him as a prospect, but given a choice between him and Hopkins I'd take Hopkins.  Either guy would be okay with me at #29 though...

Yeah, I just think his overall skill set at 6-1 214 is hard to pass up... kid is clutch and has proven that he can put a team on this back, be the alpha dog.

I'm adding Austin back to my board though as I'd be pretty happy if he lands up in Foxboro... certainly has the speed/quicks/COD skill set that BB values.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Cordarrelle Patterson certainly isn't hurting his chances to be the #1 WR off the board with an unofficial 4.37.

TJ Moe... lookin slow, 4.69 unofficial... though straightlined speed isn't his strength... def a late Day 3, URFA type.

Quinton Patton 4.46 unofficial.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Goodwin in with 4.25 and 4.29... kid can fly.

Looked like he ran it a tad faster then Austin.  Scouts clocked him a tad faster too yet the officail time was the same as Austin.  Very impressive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah, I just think his overall skill set at 6-1 214 is hard to pass up... kid is clutch and has proven that he can put a team on this back, be the alpha dog.

I'm adding Austin back to my board though as I'd be pretty happy if he lands up in Foxboro... certainly has the speed/quicks/COD skill set that BB values.

I agree with both of you on this.  I like the 6'1", 214 pounds over the smaller Austin but don't get me wrong... If the Pats ended up drafting Austin I would be pretty darn happy.  Of course it's hard to say but the only question concerning the smaller Austin would be his durability at the NFL level.  Can he take all the hits Welker can?  If they replace Welker I certainly wouldn't mind seeing this Austin kid being that guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Kenny Stills 4.34 unofficial.

Ryan Swope 4.44 unofficial.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Those are good times for Kaufman.  For such a big reciever, anything under 4.6 is pretty respectable.  I bet he goes 4th-5th round range.

that's a really good time for him, but everyone knew his speed wasn't great. I can't wait to see him in drills

Marquiss Wilson running a 4.41 impressive for someone his size

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wheaton 4.34.

Terrance Williams 4.46.

Robert Woods 4.44.

These kids a fr!ggin flyin' out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I agree with both of you on this.  I like the 6'1", 214 pounds over the smaller Austin but don't get me wrong... If the Pats ended up drafting Austin I would be pretty darn happy.  Of course it's hard to say but the only question concerning the smaller Austin would be his durability at the NFL level.  Can he take all the hits Welker can?  If they replace Welker I certainly wouldn't mind seeing this Austin kid being that guy.

I think that's the risk of taking a projected slot WR in Rd 1, yeah... certainly durability is key with any kid taken that high, but magnified a bit due to his size.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wheaton is a 4.34. Really the difference between 4.25 an 4.34 isn't much when you have to run around people and bump on the line. Wheaton could be an interesting option if you are looking at a speed guy but don't want to speed a 1st

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

he really needed that 4.47... helped himself out a lot. 

Kid is a poor man's Anquan Boldin to me... that's who I keep coming back to... he's prob faster than Anquan, but Anquan may have the best hands in the NFL and and is one of the tougher dudes out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What are your thoughts, do the Patriots draft offense or defense with their first draft pick?  Or do they take vest player on their board at the time?

I'm not a big draft guy so please be easy on me here with this question as I have been thinking about it for for a couple years now.

You hear a lot about teams still draft by selecting the best available player on their board at they time they draft instead of targeting a specific position they need.  Does this philosophy still make sense in todays football? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

What are your thoughts, do the Patriots draft offense or defense with their first draft pick?  Or do they take vest player on their board at the time?

I'm not a big draft guy so please be easy on me here with this question as I have been thinking about it for for a couple years now.

You hear a lot about teams still draft by selecting the best available player on their board at they time they draft instead of targeting a specific position they need.  Does this philosophy still make sense in todays football? 

Defense first for me... open to O, certainly, but I want defense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

he really needed that 4.47... helped himself out a lot. 

Kid is a poor man's Anquan Boldin to me... that's who I keep coming back to... he's prob faster than Anquan, but Anquan may have the best hands in the NFL and and is one of the tougher dudes out there.

agreed. i'd put boldin's hands just behind larry fitz and reggie wayne. harper has some impressive hands himself. 

Agreed, like that he demonstrates the abilty to cath the football away from his body.  He doesn't generate a ton of seperation, but is able to muscle defenders off the football and use his size/strength/balance to pick up YAC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Official 40 times..

Austin 4.34

Goodwin 4.27

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow, TJ Moe had 26 reps at 225... Bama OT DJ Fluker had 21... I get it, he has 36+ in arms, ha.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't think he plays like a burner, but good to see Swope drop in (2) 40 times under 4.40.

I love this kid as a Late Day 2, early Day 3 option.